[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How Im supposed to get my first redstone?
Small redstone ore gave me impure and crushed redstone and redstone ores veins gave me redstone ore,
I cant craft a Ender IO Sawmill cause I need restone for it, nor can smelt them in a furnace like vainilla ore..

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
How Im supposed to get my first redstone?
Small redstone ore gave me impure and crushed redstone and redstone ores veins gave me redstone ore,
I cant craft a Ender IO Sawmill cause I need restone for it, nor can smelt them in a furnace like vainilla ore..
Craft a hammer and use it to crush the crushed redstone into impure dust. Build a cauldron, fill it with water, drop impure ores into the cauldron to get regular ore.

giantcaller

Jul 29, 2019
Making bronze makes me sad, purely because I need to find tin. So far i have 3 bronze dust and i know that the Tin Ore and Gregtech ore that has tin spawns at least at 40, but i can't find any. ;_;

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Making bronze makes me sad, purely because I need to find tin. So far i have 3 bronze dust and i know that the Tin Ore and Gregtech ore that has tin spawns at least at 40, but i can't find any. ;_;
You don't need it, all the bronze machines are skippable in this pack. All you need to do is use the thaumcraft method of getting steel and I'm pretty sure you can basically skip the entire bronze age straight to the very few high pressure machines you need before entering LV tech. For the ordo bee based products are the best sources, all the honeycombs, and bees and stuff have ordo basically, also candleberries from harvestcraft as a similar one for an easier to deal with source for the very early game.

Even if you want bronze machines look at thuamcraft anyway, you can convert iron or whatever metals you've got to tin so long as you've got a supply of vitreus which can be easily earned from things such as glass or quartz. You can also go straight to bronze via instrumentum which can be gained from flint.

So yeah, no need for bronze if you don't want to deal with it so long as you can use thaumcraft.

giantcaller

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need it, all the bronze machines are skippable in this pack. All you need to do is use the thaumcraft method of getting steel and I'm pretty sure you can basically skip the entire bronze age straight to the very few high pressure machines you need before entering LV tech. For the ordo bee based products are the best sources, all the honeycombs, and bees and stuff have ordo basically, also candleberries from harvestcraft as a similar one for an easier to deal with source for the very early game.

Even if you want bronze machines look at thuamcraft anyway, you can convert iron or whatever metals you've got to tin so long as you've got a supply of vitreus which can be easily earned from things such as glass or quartz. You can also go straight to bronze via instrumentum which can be gained from flint.

So yeah, no need for bronze if you don't want to deal with it so long as you can use thaumcraft.
ugh, rehating that i didnt take time to learn thaumcraft but i learned other magic mods...well i guess i'll go find make a bookshelf then :/

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

I recycled almost all my bronze machines into forestry casings for bees anyway, @giantcaller i do second the entry to thaumcraft at least up to greatwood in early game, it provides you with an unbreakable weapon (staff) that isnt resource intensive, not to mention a rechargeable ranged weapon and rechargeable unbreakable pickaxe! :)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I recycled almost all my bronze machines into forestry casings for bees anyway, @giantcaller i do second the entry to thaumcraft at least up to greatwood in early game, it provides you with an unbreakable weapon (staff) that isnt resource intensive, not to mention a rechargeable ranged weapon and rechargeable unbreakable pickaxe! :)
Also the thaumium required for the thaumcraft GT picks which are notable for all having special traits, except aer for some reason. Thaumium is basically a super iron pick with an extra mining level, double speed, and fortune 2, the shards have their own super effects. Aqua gives fortune 3, Ignis fire aspect 3, ordo silk touch, terra is basically just faster iron, and perditio has an even higher mining level and twice the mining speed of the next highest materials (osmium and fluxed electrum). They come with the durability of flint though for everything except terra picks.

So yeah, the tools combined with metal transmutation and golems make thaumcraft a really useful mod early game. Late game it kinda pales a lot but you can still get usefulness out if, golems can automate some of the trickier to deal with things and metal transmutation never becomes useless. That and it is massively faster in producing steel then the EBF at the cost of the weird ingredients or a more complex method.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So I started building a 3x3x3 big reactor tonight just to fiddle and maybe be able to craft a BR steam turbine soon. Would there be a reason why I can't seem to craft the Reactor Power Tap? It shows up as an item in NEI, but there's no recipe for it, and of course the standard BR recipe does not work either.

Am I intended to just run this for a while to generate cyanite until I can build a steam turbine?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So I started building a 3x3x3 big reactor tonight just to fiddle and maybe be able to craft a BR steam turbine soon. Would there be a reason why I can't seem to craft the Reactor Power Tap? It shows up as an item in NEI, but there's no recipe for it, and of course the standard BR recipe does not work either.

Am I intended to just run this for a while to generate cyanite until I can build a steam turbine?
The power tap is disabled, you have to use turbines. As for cyanite your options are basically use the sag mill or run it to generate cyanite yeah. At least I think the sag mill was an option, processing ore giving a chance of cyanite or whatever.

Alifalafel

Jul 29, 2019

Until you have bees going, an even easier way to get ordo for steel is from creeper plant seeds - they easily craft into cactus dye ----> pipe sealant, and you can easily get a big field of them growing. Or run around and grab eelgrass from rivers for the same product. But yeah, Thaumcraft is extremely helpful, especially early-game for metal transmutation.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Until you have bees going, an even easier way to get ordo for steel is from creeper plant seeds - they easily craft into cactus dye ----> pipe sealant, and you can easily get a big field of them growing. Or run around and grab eelgrass from rivers for the same product. But yeah, Thaumcraft is extremely helpful, especially early-game for metal transmutation.
Is there anyway to properly grow those though? I've only been able to get pneumaticraft seeds reproducing with bonemeal myself.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The power tap is disabled, you have to use turbines. As for cyanite your options are basically use the sag mill or run it to generate cyanite yeah. At least I think the sag mill was an option, processing ore giving a chance of cyanite or whatever.
Bummer, that makes these little 3x3x3 reactors useless for powering small stuff then. I was sort of hoping to power a very small AE2 ME network with this :(

I can confirm that I did get cyanite from using the SAG mill on yellorite ore, just not anywhere near enough to be able to build the turbine.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to properly grow those though? I've only been able to get pneumaticraft seeds reproducing with bonemeal myself.
Tossing them on to some sort of dirt with 'Q' isn't working for you? It's sort of random, but they should take hold in a few moments.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Tossing them on to some sort of dirt with 'Q' isn't working for you? It's sort of random, but they should take hold in a few moments.
Nevermind, I never realised they drop more then one seed once growing and though you could only get more via their spreading mechanics which require bone meal to activate. It's fine now.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I did though, it turned a barrel of carbon and a barrel of oxygen into osmium. Admittedly my method was kind of dodgy as I was just trying to see if you could but still. It combined 8 oxygen and 2 carbon into an osmium, I just pumped them out of the reactor up into a chest at the top as a buffer and then when I pumped them out of there with round robin and it did distribute them evenly. One of the key parts was figuring out that different places on the reactor correspond to different slots in the reactor, that combined with the ender io conduit downgrade to make sure it only did things one at a time meant that it would evenly split atoms between the two slots with round robin, I've got no idea what you did but it definitely was working in my test world.
Xavion I'd love to see a pic of this some time (or working example if you're on the server) . I tried to feed the reactors from different angles and had no luck accessing the second slot on demand. Excellent stuff if you managed to work it out.

My bad! I got it disabled in Infitech1 because the reactors were ridiculously OP. They still are, but now they're fun and a bit harder to assemble.

This "obstacle" isn't nearly as annoying as you think it might be.
1) in theory, yes, you're supposed to burn yellorium until you can build a turbine, but
2) you can still send steam into other turbines, e.g. RC turbines or GT Turbines (water management will be tricky though)
3) you can get all the cyanite you need just by processing your yellorite ore intelligently (SAG Mill with grinding balls). I built an entire full-size turbine without wasting a single drop of yellorium doing this.
4) In infitech1, the 3x3 reactor made every other power-source totally irrelevant. Honestly its more fun this way :)
I'm sure it will be great, but if it's any consolation, IT:2 is the most fun I've had playing a game since I was a teenager in college addicted to MUDs. And I had a LOT of fun playing MUDs. Thanks for all your hard work.
Which muds? I played age of chaos :p

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
My bad! I got it disabled in Infitech1 because the reactors were ridiculously OP. They still are, but now they're fun and a bit harder to assemble.

This "obstacle" isn't nearly as annoying as you think it might be.
1) in theory, yes, you're supposed to burn yellorium until you can build a turbine, but
2) you can still send steam into other turbines, e.g. RC turbines or GT Turbines (water management will be tricky though)
3) you can get all the cyanite you need just by processing your yellorite ore intelligently (SAG Mill with grinding balls). I built an entire full-size turbine without wasting a single drop of yellorium doing this.
4) In infitech1, the 3x3 reactor made every other power-source totally irrelevant. Honestly its more fun this way :)

Which muds? I played age of chaos :p
Nice going :)

I did get some cyanite from SAG mill processing, but unfortunately most of my yellorium got processed by other methods due to my son seeing ore and just smelting it \o/ We've resolved that issue now though with a long talking-to.

So a 5x5x5 active cooled reactor outputing to my RC iron steam tank is an option until I have enough cyanite to build the turbine, that works and isn't that big of a resource drain. Water management shouldn't be as much of an issue for me since infinite water is turned on...

Any tips for converting the RF output of the BR turbine to EU?

I played Sojourn/TorilMUD back in college days (around 1995). Around 2000 or so a group of clanmates and I started our own DikuMUD called Exile, which then evolved into HomelandMUD when one of the coders and I split off again. We ran HomelandMUD for several years, but then I was bitten by the PvP MUD bug and started playing DurisMUD. I played Duris for about 5 years. I finally quit Duris 3 years ago or so and took up World of Tanks. Just quit that in favor of IT:2. I'm hoping that after I finally get bored of IT:2 I can find some hobby that involves going outside, but it's a stretch.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice going :)

I did get some cyanite from SAG mill processing, but unfortunately most of my yellorium got processed by other methods due to my son seeing ore and just smelting it \o/ We've resolved that issue now though with a long talking-to.

So a 5x5x5 active cooled reactor outputing to my RC iron steam tank is an option until I have enough cyanite to build the turbine, that works and isn't that big of a resource drain. Water management shouldn't be as much of an issue for me since infinite water is turned on...

Any tips for converting the RF output of the BR turbine to EU?

I played Sojourn/TorilMUD back in college days (around 1995). Around 2000 or so a group of clanmates and I started our own DikuMUD called Exile, which then evolved into HomelandMUD when one of the coders and I split off again. We ran HomelandMUD for several years, but then I was bitten by the PvP MUD bug and started playing DurisMUD. I played Duris for about 5 years. I finally quit Duris 3 years ago or so and took up World of Tanks. Just quit that in favor of IT:2. I'm hoping that after I finally get bored of IT:2 I can find some hobby that involves going outside, but it's a stretch.

I miss muds, I think AoC is still running. I lost a college year due to AoC. Man.

SO: Yeah with infinite water on, much less of a problem. You might be surprised at how fast a BR Reactor can eat water though. Fair warning. You'll be able to mitigate it a tiny bit since GT and RC turbines theoretically cycle water, but not properly ratiod to BR's consumption.

For transforming to EU, you have two options: Galacticraft Energy Storage Modules/Clusters, and PneumaticCraft's energy conversion machines (I think they're called the Flux Compressor and Pneumatic Generator). In the latter, you convert RF to Air, and then Air to EU.

In an upcoming version, the PC version is way harder to set up but provides more efficient conversion.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I miss muds, I think AoC is still running. I lost a college year due to AoC. Man.

SO: Yeah with infinite water on, much less of a problem. You might be surprised at how fast a BR Reactor can eat water though. Fair warning. You'll be able to mitigate it a tiny bit since GT and RC turbines theoretically cycle water, but not properly ratiod to BR's consumption.

For transforming to EU, you have two options: Galacticraft Energy Storage Modules/Clusters, and PneumaticCraft's energy conversion machines (I think they're called the Flux Compressor and Pneumatic Generator). In the latter, you convert RF to Air, and then Air to EU.

In an upcoming version, the PC version is way harder to set up but provides more efficient conversion.
Only a year of lost college? :p Some days I regret dropping out of a top engineering school due to playing text games, but overall I'm pretty happy with where I'm at in life.

Yeah, I think for an active reactor I'll buffer water through an iron tank that's sourced from at least 2 eIO reservoirs. With all this steam I'm going to be producing I may as well upgrade my maxed out iron tank to a steel tank heh.

As for power conversion it looks like I might be better off building the GT turbine instead as I really don't want to make quite that much industrial TNT to do the galacticraft route right now and I haven't even started to dabble in pneumaticraft. I guess I could do one smaller BR turbine though and use that to power my AE2 ME network. It's sort of nice how the AE2 Power Accepter will take any type of power. It's unfortunate that I don't see a way to get to spit power back out.

Well, one thing about this active BR reactor, is that I ought to be able to scrap my plans to create a titanium boiler, so that's good I guess. It also means I need to mine more yellorium. After I had half a chest full of it I sort of started skipping it. Does any of the uranium/plutonium work in BR? I've got a pitchblende vein 100m from my base. I just built a BC quarry and plan to deploy it tonight. I need rocky bees!