[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, I think for an active reactor I'll buffer water through an iron tank that's sourced from at least 2 eIO reservoirs. With all this steam I'm going to be producing I may as well upgrade my maxed out iron tank to a steel tank heh.

As for power conversion it looks like I might be better off building the GT turbine instead as I really don't want to make quite that much industrial TNT to do the galacticraft route right now and I haven't even started to dabble in pneumaticraft. I guess I could do one smaller BR turbine though and use that to power my AE2 ME network. It's sort of nice how the AE2 Power Accepter will take any type of power. It's unfortunate that I don't see a way to get to spit power back out.

Well, one thing about this active BR reactor, is that I ought to be able to scrap my plans to create a titanium boiler, so that's good I guess. It also means I need to mine more yellorium. After I had half a chest full of it I sort of started skipping it. Does any of the uranium/plutonium work in BR? I've got a pitchblende vein 100m from my base. I just built a BC quarry and plan to deploy it tonight. I need rocky bees!

I don't think 2 reservoirs will cut it. I seem to recall having something like 10 of the damn things and them not keeping up with a 5x5x2 (interior) throttled to 80% closed. Might have been a 5x5x3. Seriously the things destroy water.

I don't know of any way to translate GT fissionables to yellorium, but others might.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think 2 reservoirs will cut it. I seem to recall having something like 10 of the damn things and them not keeping up with a 5x5x2 (interior) throttled to 80% closed. Might have been a 5x5x3. Seriously the things destroy water.

I don't know of any way to translate GT fissionables to yellorium, but others might.
Oof. Sounds like something to mess with in a SP test world, I guess.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Warning for those using IC2 cables to power RF machines (thanks to enetbridge)... It will not be possible in v2.1.5 - enetbridge will be gone... and you can all thanks @Pyure for that

Reactions: MigukNamja

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure it will be great, but if it's any consolation, IT:2 is the most fun I've had playing a game since I was a teenager in college addicted to MUDs. And I had a LOT of fun playing MUDs. Thanks for all your hard work.
Glad to hear you are enjoying it... Problem is, that i am not enjoying working in so messy environment I have set-up for developing.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Thoughts on the best way to power a BC Quarry? All the documentation I found on it says it takes MJ, which I imagine is not true anymore. If it's RF I could toss some eIO stirling generators or a combustion generator powered by hootch. If it's EU, I don't honestly know the best way to provide it with portable power.

I'm in the process of making some Ender Chests to redirect the output back to my base for proper sorting and storage so that part's sorted out at least. Heh.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thoughts on the best way to power a BC Quarry? All the documentation I found on it says it takes MJ, which I imagine is not true anymore. If it's RF I could toss some eIO stirling generators or a combustion generator powered by hootch. If it's EU, I don't honestly know the best way to provide it with portable power.

I'm in the process of making some Ender Chests to redirect the output back to my base for proper sorting and storage so that part's sorted out at least. Heh.
I think you already have the best ideas here.

Are you able to pipe contents out of an ender chest? For some reason I thought that was unpossible.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Curses, foiled again. So the next thought would be a magic mirror with a collection golem on the other side, but I believe those are fairly slow throughput. I suppose I could create a miniature AE2 network at the quarry site with a couple of 4k storage drives and connect that up, then just remove the drives and bring them home when the quarry is done to interface back into my primary storage.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Curses, foiled again. So the next thought would be a magic mirror with a collection golem on the other side, but I believe those are fairly slow throughput. I suppose I could create a miniature AE2 network at the quarry site with a couple of 4k storage drives and connect that up, then just remove the drives and bring them home when the quarry is done to interface back into my primary storage.
Don't need golems, you can just catch everything with hoppers.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone here explain me what is happening there?
My pipes are not working, did gregtech machines have a output side?
And how did I know how much steam my machines have stored?
And how can I attach 2 small coal boilers?
When I do it the 2nd boiler send all the steam to the 1st boiler

2015_03_06_14_19_14.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can someone here explain me what is happening there?
My pipes are not working, did gregtech machines have a output side?
And how did I know how much steam my machines have stored?

2015_03_06_14_19_14.png
Make sure the "steam vent" dot of the bronze machines is exposed.

There's no good way to measure steam in machines at that point in the game, but later on I imagine the Scanner thing in GT will work.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, if you want to put your steam machines flush against the wall like that you will be blocking the steam output port. Right-click the top with a gregtech wrench to change the output (so the dot is on the top of your forge hammer). Otherwise the device will only work for 1 cycle and stop (and make a really annoying noise). To reset the machine you need a soft hammer (wood or rubber) if it growls at you. Generally the best way to have multiple boilers send steam to multiple machines is to have a steam buffer tank of some sort. Railcraft iron tanks work best, but an EnderIO tank or even BC tanks can work. With a buffer tank you want to have your boilers all exporting steam into the tank and then connect your machines to the output of the buffer tank.

Also you may want to consider not running your steam output from your boiler on the bottom as if/when you want to use liquid pipes to import water it generally works best to attach liquid input to the bottom of the boiler so that the boiler isn't constantly trying to output steam to your water supply.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also you may want to consider not running your steam output from your boiler on the bottom as if/when you want to use liquid pipes to import water it generally works best to attach liquid input to the bottom of the boiler so that the boiler isn't constantly trying to output steam to your water supply.
I wanted to say this but couldn't remember the correct side. This is a really good tip. I've had a number of boilers explode on me because I didn't do this: you go to fix your broken water supply and kablamo.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure the "steam vent" dot of the bronze machines is exposed.

There's no good way to measure steam in machines at that point in the game, but later on I imagine the Scanner thing in GT will work.

They are completely exposed, still not working, coal boiler just release steam when it gets full S:

2015_03_06_14_51_04.png

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
They are completely exposed, still not working, coal boiler just release steam when it gets full S:

2015_03_06_14_51_04.png
When you step on a steam pipe, do you get burned? That will tell you if there's steam running through them.

For the Boilers, those are steam output dots, they should be pointing into the pipes.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, they seems to work like that..

One more question, is there any early portable water store besides extra utilies drums?
2015_03_06_14_58_56.png

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
When you step on a steam pipe, do you get burned? That will tell you if there's steam running through them.

For the Boilers, those are steam output dots, they should be pointing into the pipes.

Yeah, it was the problem, boilers havent output downside, thanks :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The eIO tank is portable and maintains its liquid when moved. You can also fill buckets easily from it both through the interface and by right-clicking. I have one set up right next to my cauldron for easier dust washing in the steam age.

The pressurized version isn't needed early on as it just holds more Mb in the same space. The eIO tank does require iron bars to make though.