[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a BC quarry and fed it around 120RF/t (prior to a creeper sneaking up on me and destroying all my generators). But while the quarry was working it deployed itself and the mining drill started moving around. It gave the appearance that it was thinking about breaking a block, but no blocks were ever broken or removed. Would this be some sort of server permissions issue perhaps? I tested it in single player and the quarry worked fine.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I set up a BC quarry and fed it around 120RF/t (prior to a creeper sneaking up on me and destroying all my generators). But while the quarry was working it deployed itself and the mining drill started moving around. It gave the appearance that it was thinking about breaking a block, but no blocks were ever broken or removed. Would this be some sort of server permissions issue perhaps? I tested it in single player and the quarry worked fine.

It might be, the last time i saw a bc quarry used though it looked like it was vomiting blocks around (the most recent direwolf20 pack, couple of guys i follow just for comedic value, that and they do some good tutorials) dont we have some ender quarry? or is that a QED item?

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Guys Im really lost in this modpack, which is the age order here? what comes after bronze?
And how did I find diamonds? I would like to craft a macerator as soon as possible

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Guys Im really lost in this modpack, which is the age order here? what comes after bronze?
And how did I find diamonds? I would like to craft a macerator as soon as possible

I usually go 'bronze-> electric LV -> MV (some machines to make HV ones) -> HV' route. LV machines are the most efficient, so I keep them for stuff that don't require more speed or voltage.

As for diamonds, you can find them around lvl 10 in graphite veins, just keep looking. You can find small diamond ores at lvl. 6-10.
You could also use coal to make industrial diamonds and use them for crafting. You can exchange industrial for regular ones if you need them (shapeless recipe).

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
In addition to what @Azkeel said, there's a second tier of steam machines, steel machines. You probably don't want them though. They're 2 times faster but require 3 times more fuel. To get diamonds, you can also visit Project Zulu Pyramids which spawn in deserts, and you can loot them. They give a HUGE amount of loot. But there's monsters in them, so you have to watch out for them. Or you can use my strategy and mine the pyramid with a billion flint picks top to bottom.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019

What @Azkeel said.

Diamonds may or may not quick (easy) to find. Just keep at it, though. You will eventually find them. And, once you do, you will have enough diamonds to last you until at *least* HV age. Once you're in HV age, pretty much all of MineChem is unlocked. Also, bees can be used to make diamonds.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Diamonds may or may not quick (easy) to find. Just keep at it, though. You will eventually find them. And, once you do, you will have enough diamonds to last you until at *least* HV age. Once you're in HV age, pretty much all of MineChem is unlocked. Also, bees can be used to make diamonds.
Actually the relevant parts for diamond creation unlock at MV, only the reactors require HV machines to unlock. Although they also require a single EV machine but that's obtainable with just HV machines, once you hit HV you can unlock all of minechem, it will just take a while as the reactors are big

On a different note I just tested it and the script doesn't crash or anything and seems to work, so I'm attaching it. Some of it was made while sleep deprived and I put in fixes for one or two things such as the coconut seeds to diamonds bug. I also did junk like reenable blaze rods and endstone with the plutonium problems removed, I think that's all but it's been way too long since I started and it's late now. Biggest worry is recipe clashes as I think I forgot to check for some of them, they can be easily changed as they're found though. Still need a solution to the lapis problem btw, currently it's disabled just because of how horribly it's done. The solution for other parts of adding molecules to keep the numbers down failed there due to the horrific balance issues.

So yeah, just finished the last quick editing needed due to stuff like broken multiple decomp of items containing non atomic or molecular parts and it's here now. If there are any issues just mention them and I'll try to remember why I did stuff.

Attachments

• minechem.txt
    113.1 KB · Views: 72

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
What @Azkeel said.

Oh you and your bees. Plus, even though Minechem is unlocked, both the reactors from Minechem are expensiver than any GT machine.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Actually the relevant parts for diamond creation unlock at MV, only the reactors require HV machines to unlock. Although they also require a single EV machine but that's obtainable with just HV machines, once you hit HV you can unlock all of minechem, it will just take a while as the reactors are big

On a different note I just tested it and the script doesn't crash or anything and seems to work, so I'm attaching it. Some of it was made while sleep deprived and I put in fixes for one or two things such as the coconut seeds to diamonds bug. I also did junk like reenable blaze rods and endstone with the plutonium problems removed, I think that's all but it's been way too long since I started and it's late now. Biggest worry is recipe clashes as I think I forgot to check for some of them, they can be easily changed as they're found though. Still need a solution to the lapis problem btw, currently it's disabled just because of how horribly it's done. The solution for other parts of adding molecules to keep the numbers down failed there due to the horrific balance issues.

So yeah, just finished the last quick editing needed due to stuff like broken multiple decomp of items containing non atomic or molecular parts and it's here now. If there are any issues just mention them and I'll try to remember why I did stuff.
Great job sir. Downloading, testing, and maybe it will get to v2.1.5 :) Thanks a lot

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you and your bees. Plus, even though Minechem is unlocked, both the reactors from Minechem are expensiver than any GT machine.
Pst, you don't need the reactors. Lots of items contain carbon so the reactors are unneeded for making diamonds, really pretty much any element is available without the reactors. It just makes it much easier, like nether stars for instance, you can get all those superheavy radioactive elements from AE2's singularities but those aren't quick easy to get. The reactors are just there to make things easier, although they do kinda make rare metal acquisition massively easier, comes at the cost of a huge and very expensive multiblock and some fairly exorbitant RF usage that will require a BR turbine to run pretty much.

Also for a random note on minechem, the GT metatools bug was fixed in case people aren't following it's updates. Turns out it had never been reported so I did and now all the weird cellulose from everything should be fixed.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pst, you don't need the reactors. Lots of items contain carbon so the reactors are unneeded for making diamonds, really pretty much any element is available without the reactors. It just makes it much easier, like nether stars for instance, you can get all those superheavy radioactive elements from AE2's singularities but those aren't quick easy to get. The reactors are just there to make things easier, although they do kinda make rare metal acquisition massively easier, comes at the cost of a huge and very expensive multiblock and some fairly exorbitant RF usage that will require a BR turbine to run pretty much.

Also for a random note on minechem, the GT metatools bug was fixed in case people aren't following it's updates. Turns out it had never been reported so I did and now all the weird cellulose from everything should be fixed.
This is great news.

And yeah, I can't see any reason to use the reactors for diamonds. We had a perfectly functional factory using just decomposers/synthesizers.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So a question, why is minechem decomp of basic resources like cobble/netherrack/soul sand/grass so heavily nerfed? It seems to be just set to around a tenth of the chance but that renders it effectively useless, for example a single ingot of chrome costs 10mil RF and a thousand nether brick. Anyway you made a typo in the script I just noticed, nether brick in minecraft is two words but doesn't have an underscore in the id, you've got one in the script though so it isn't working. Just change the <minecraft:nether_brick> to <minecraft:netherbrick> and I think it should start working.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
So a question, why is minechem decomp of basic resources like cobble/netherrack/soul sand/grass so heavily nerfed? It seems to be just set to around a tenth of the chance but that renders it effectively useless, for example a single ingot of chrome costs 10mil RF and a thousand nether brick. Anyway you made a typo in the script I just noticed, nether brick in minecraft is two words but doesn't have an underscore in the id, you've got one in the script though so it isn't working. Just change the <minecraft:nether_brick> to <minecraft:netherbrick> and I think it should start working.
Nerfed because they are ones of those you can massfabricate and it doesnt cost much to do.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My base in particular used to get large amounts of rare materials just by processing stone and netherbrick, it was a bit silly.

the nerf might have been a bit overkill but its better than it was before.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: Minechem nerf

Pre-nerf, it was a little too close to this:

dirttodiamonds_3785509.jpg

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I'm on the cusp of building a QED I've realized that my most scarce resource is cobblestone (for bedrockium). Rock crusher is one way to alleviate this issue to automate cobblestone creation. Any others? I wanted to set up a BC Quarry, but there's some goofy permissions stuff going on because the drill head doesn't break any blocks. I'll eventually build an Ender Quarry, I guess, but looking for a more short-term solution.

edit: Another guy on our server built a MV rock crusher, which he powered with GT solar cells (enabled on our server) that feeds into 3 bronze LP compressors powered by solar boilers. It's slow as hell :p

Last edited:

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I'm on the cusp of building a QED I've realized that my most scarce resource is cobblestone (for bedrockium). Rock crusher is one way to alleviate this issue to automate cobblestone creation. Any others? I wanted to set up a BC Quarry, but there's some goofy permissions stuff going on because the drill head doesn't break any blocks. I'll eventually build an Ender Quarry, I guess, but looking for a more short-term solution.

edit: Another guy on our server built a MV rock crusher, which he powered with GT solar cells (enabled on our server) that feeds into 3 bronze LP compressors powered by solar boilers. It's slow as hell :p

I think 3 Bronze LP Compressors are seriously bottlenecking a MV Rock Crusher. I had 1 LV Rock Crusher feeding into 10 LV Compressors (all powered by 1 LV Turbine; alternatively, I'm pretty sure each compressor can be powered by one single basic GT Solar Panel). Although I might had some cobble built up, before upping the number of compressors.

Still slow, but douable, I made 3 drums before stopping it, I had some power issues, at the time.