[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Graphite would be 64 carbon atoms. Desh SHOULD NOT be synthesized, as it is a required material for high-tech Galacticraft stuff, but it can only be found on Mars. So Desh would have a requirement of "tech", in this case, going to Mars. By the way, you still haven't fixed my diamond duplication exploit, and I am not that happy about that. By the way, your "little script" won't be that easy to do. The Minechem Minetweaker lines are really complex, and it would take around 3 or 4 hours to finish the script.
So graphite is worth 8 coal? Sure, sounds fine.

The diamond duplication exploit requires either halving the cost of diamonds or increasing the value of coal, the second one of those would require rebalancing all of the dusts involving carbon as I used coal and charcoal as my balancing point for GT to MC carbon ratios. I've already done it once so I'm not doing it again anytime soon preferrably, the alternative is making diamonds cheaper which would work for coal but would make them twice as easy to get from every other source of carbon. Anyway MC naturally adds some exploitiness due to its ability to change anything to anything and not balancing all items to be worth the same amount of atoms, a single log is worth 3 coal if you decompose then recompose or a coal is worth 2 charcoal. Worrying about every possible issue when you're manipulating stuff at an atomic level is just going to exhaust you, think of it as MC produces higher quality diamonds then the industrial diamonds that IC gives if you want.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
I give you the Unknown Ore Vein.... (block updates don't effect the ore blocks to change to there ore...Mining it gives you gtores.name, can't do anything with it, I think it's suppose to be Tin) ?

2015-03-04_13.11.02.png 2015-03-04_13.11.09.png 2015-03-04_13.11.18.png

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Did you log out / log in again? The normal reason for that happening is failed synchronisation.

The shape it spawned looks like a small black/red granite vein but that should be based on another base block.

Last edited:

giantcaller

Jul 29, 2019
I can't download the pack from the FTB launcher's pack code. I DID enter 17infitech, it says invalid private pack.
EDIT: I'm not sure what i did, but I messed with the pack code and it finally worked.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Well then. I spent about an hour or so setting up machines, gathering materials, producing Nitric Acid, and finally chemical reacting a stack of purified ore. I'm now the proud owner of 2 whole polymetalic ore undisolved sludge!

Twos of tiny iridium dusts here I come!

(I think this needs to be automated to be worthwhile.)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Also, some things just cannot be automated at all as far as I can tell: You can't explicitly specify which of the two fusion slots you want to insert into for instance (tried GT's Robotic Arm for this btw).

Try the GT Regulator. It has the ability to insert items into a machine in a specific slot.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah I meant to mention that, I tested it and could automate the fusion reactor with buildcraft pipes and barely any gates. Emerald pipe allows you to draw in the right amounts when triggered and you can direct items to different inputs depending on where you input them so you just make it use round robin and only send the wanted chemical to a synthesiser and the rest loop and you can automate the production of osmium or whatever element with just pipes and nothing too fancy.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh yeah I meant to mention that, I tested it and could automate the fusion reactor with buildcraft pipes and barely any gates. Emerald pipe allows you to draw in the right amounts when triggered and you can direct items to different inputs depending on where you input them so you just make it use round robin and only send the wanted chemical to a synthesiser and the rest loop and you can automate the production of osmium or whatever element with just pipes and nothing too fancy.
This part's all fine. I did this with enderio.

Try to do a system where you fuse repeatedly with different elements to get heavier and heavier elements until you reach osmium, that's a different story. It gets worse when you try to fuse, say, helium and helium, because (Dlur100's suggestion notwithstanding) you can't roundrobin same elements to two different slots. If you start with 74 helium, you'll get 64 in one slot and 10 in the other.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@MigukNamja
Speaking of bees, how are you automating your hives - seeing as how Ender IO pipes cant interface with buildcraft ones?

I use eIO item conduits exclusively these days.

1. Start with a single Alveary/Apiary.
2. Place 1 eIO item conduit on a face of the Apiary/Alveary that can extract and insert.
3. Set to in/out (dual) mode. Use same color for in and out (default green is fine).
4. In 'extract' set to auto-extract. No round-robin. Enable the self re-insert.
5. Nothing to set for the insert mode. Just leave priority at default 0.
6. On other end of the eIO item conduit, place an inventory (ex. chest)
7. Set eIO item conduit interface mode into inventory for insert mode (only). Set priority to -1 or lower (lower than the Apiary/Alveary).
8. Done !

Now, to connect multiple of these, you will need to take care to *not* combine the eIO segments except through an inventory or otherwise use different colors. But, if you use different colors, you will need to use an eIO conduit connection for each color into your combs/products/overflow bees inventory.

Personally, I found it easiest to use default green, keep eIO segment to length 1 or 2, and to combine 2 or more Apiaries/Alvearies into a single inventory, but take care to never join 2 or more Apiaries/Alvearies that have the same color. Well, not unless you are religiously careful about not crossing species. Otherwise, it's possible to have 2 or more bee hives dump their Princesses at the same time, and for the Princesses to get swapped. Chaos will ensue.

As such, I always pull from the intermediate inventories. Think of the intermediate inventories as L3 network routers that separate the different L2 LANs.

And, use the eIO reader/tool thingy. I forget what it's called. But, one of its modes is copy/paste mode. You can very quickly SHIFT+R-CLICK copy and R-CLICK paste the eIO item conduit settings across all of your Apiaries/Alvearies.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
And, use the eIO reader/tool thingy. I forget what it's called. But, one of its modes is copy/paste mode. You can very quickly SHIFT+R-CLICK copy and R-CLICK paste the eIO item conduit settings across all of your Apiaries/Alvearies.

I'll be bookmarking this for use once I get to the point where I have all the strains bred that I want to have, thanks! Speaking of breeding bees, if I haven't found a single rocky bee yet is that something wrong with our world gen or am I doing something wrong?

Also the regarding the eIO reader/tool thingy I believe this is the appropriate term, however NEI has it listed as a conduit probe. And I wish I had looked into it prior to setting up 40+ coke ovens with item/liquid conduit. I also got tired of tiny dusts so I made an enderIO subnet that points at an array of around 36 BC Autocrafting Tables whose sole purpose is to accumulate tiny dusts and craft a full dust and spit it back out into a chest for further sorting. It was only after making 144 wooden gears that I realized that a GT crafter would do this for every dust if I fed it with buffer.

I'm starting to run out of appropriate places to put JABBA storage though to extend my eIO storage system, so now I'm starting to look at AE2 ME. I think I'll really like the crafting interface. Just not sure how I'm going to continually and reliably power it on an SMP server with chunk loaded? I guess I could just shut it off when I log off? If it runs out of power it doesn't lose items, just inaccessible right?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Should I update mods in this pack?
I'd probably recommend going with just the latest version of the pack for now. Jason updates the pack every few weeks, so your mods won't be out of date, and substantial alterations to gameplay are more likely to be accommodated.

As an example of that last: PneumaticCraft recently added a "Heat" mechanic to its energy conversion machines which reduces their effectiveness overall (substantially). The next Infitech2 version will address this by improving the base conversion efficiency of those machines in the config files.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Try to do a system where you fuse repeatedly with different elements to get heavier and heavier elements until you reach osmium, that's a different story. It gets worse when you try to fuse, say, helium and helium, because (Dlur100's suggestion notwithstanding) you can't roundrobin same elements to two different slots. If you start with 74 helium, you'll get 64 in one slot and 10 in the other.
I did though, it turned a barrel of carbon and a barrel of oxygen into osmium. Admittedly my method was kind of dodgy as I was just trying to see if you could but still. It combined 8 oxygen and 2 carbon into an osmium, I just pumped them out of the reactor up into a chest at the top as a buffer and then when I pumped them out of there with round robin and it did distribute them evenly. One of the key parts was figuring out that different places on the reactor correspond to different slots in the reactor, that combined with the ender io conduit downgrade to make sure it only did things one at a time meant that it would evenly split atoms between the two slots with round robin, I've got no idea what you did but it definitely was working in my test world.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Should I update mods in this pack?

To add to @Pyure's valuable advice, I also would not recommend updating mods in this pack. @Jason McRay spends considerable time analyzing fixes and features in newer versions of the mods, and then updates the configs and Minetweaker scripts accordingly to maintain balance and an overall gameplay experience. If you update mods, you risk incompatible versions and risk introducing loopholes and other gameplay discontinuities.

In other words, this pack is way more than a simple collection of mods. The specific version of each mod in each release of this pack really does matter.

And, fear not using old versions of mods. This pack is updated constantly.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
As such, I always pull from the intermediate inventories. Think of the intermediate inventories as L3 network routers that separate the different L2 LANs.
Considerably less complex than what i was thinking of doing .... lets just say each hive would probably of needed two filters, though when i read your reply, i thought of a way to stop the pipes sucking back and swapping princesses (unless im just dense, and this is exactly what you were telling me to do); just put each hive into its own chest (i have my production hives running in sets of three right now anyway and i never automate breeding hives) filter out on both sides to an overflow and barrels to each product ... since drones will eventually be pure breed, couldn't i filter unanalyzed ones anyway?

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
If you anticipate ending up with a ton of drones a file cabinet is a neat way to store bees and should work just fine with the eIO automation.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
If you anticipate ending up with a ton of drones a file cabinet is a neat way to store bees and should work just fine with the eIO automation.
Actually, i usually breed my production bees to 1x fertility - this way i dont have an overflow of drones.
BeeDNA foundries work a little differently, i do recall a point in the Mindcrack pack where i didnt even bother analyzing drones to up the DNA output.