[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
With EnderIO item pipes is there a decent way to meter items out to various destinations? For example, with BC pipes I was able to use a diamond pipe and then put like 3 of an item in one direction and 1 in another color path. This would roughly give me 25% of my output down one path and 75% the other. That way I could output sapplings from my MFR tree farm to an autocrafter to make plant balls and run them through 2 macerators to regenerate dirt lost. Now that I switched to EnderIO pipes I end up with too much stuff going to that dirt generation system and not enough to my biomass production.

I'm guessing I can do a timer, but wanted to avoid that if possible.
Dunno about enderio, but I used to do my distribution with railcraft. It has a Loader and Unloader (advanced versions) that let you keep certain amounts of things in containers. So I was able to keep 1 stack of 8 types of sapling in the planter block, and move all the excess into the Bio Reactor machine that gets more efficient with more organic types, spreading it out so 1 type couldn't fill all the slots. (I forget its name, BioReactor?)

Reactions: MigukNamja

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using texture pack? Or default? - Yes its happening also to me. When you have the RC tank interface opened, it will force the rendering to kick off.

I'm using default. Yes, I have noticed that you can force the rendering, but it kind of defeats the purpose.

Zarifeke

Jul 29, 2019
Am I remembering wrong, or didn't the QED, Ender Quarry, and Ender Chest take Enderium plates to make somewhere in the various components? I'm not seeing it anymore, which makes it way easier to get those things.

Edit: NM, quit and reload and it went back to the right recipes. Not sure what that was about o_O

Last edited:

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Little pre-warning for anyone using IHL stuff... There is a chance that it will be gone from the pack in v2.1.5.
Reason: Cant update IC2, because of some logging change in it which IHL is relaying on. Solution for that is updating IHL.... Can't update IHL, because it switched to support GT6 (which is completely dumb idea in my opinion, since NOONE is going to PLAY GT6 until its playable at least with some machines.

Also IHL is from time to time causing crash on its own with Evaporators.... so....

Can I disable IHL since I'm just about to create a new world? (I never did like IHL since they decided to use 32x32 textures for the worldgen. Damn it, mod makers... stop that.)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Can I disable IHL since I'm just about to create a new world? (I never did like IHL since they decided to use 32x32 textures for the worldgen. Damn it, mod makers... stop that.)
well you can... and when you are doing that, feel free to update ExBL to latest as well...
IHL dev actually stated that he updated to GT6 too soon, so he will make a new version with GT5 support during this weekend, so it will not be removed in the end.

Of course dont forget to remove ihl.zs script from the scripts folder :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! It's me again :p

So, in my quest to process ores to their fullest I've started to accumulate mercury in my centrifuge. Perfect right? I need that in my chemical bath! So far I've tried every type of pipe I can to get the mercury out of the centrifuge and into my chemical bath, to no avail. What's the best way to transfer liquid mercury between machines? I'd have thought for sure that EnderIO pipe would have done it, and failing that an EnderIO tank.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi! It's me again :p

So, in my quest to process ores to their fullest I've started to accumulate mercury in my centrifuge. Perfect right? I need that in my chemical bath! So far I've tried every type of pipe I can to get the mercury out of the centrifuge and into my chemical bath, to no avail. What's the best way to transfer liquid mercury between machines? I'd have thought for sure that EnderIO pipe would have done it, and failing that an EnderIO tank.
enderio pipes work fine, so do GT pipes obviously and probably BC pipes.

Make sure you're not trying to send fluid into the output face of the machine.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
enderio pipes work fine, so do GT pipes obviously and probably BC pipes.

Make sure you're not trying to send fluid into the output face of the machine.

Yes, what @Pyure said.

@Dlur100

Also, the front (face) of the machine won't accept pipe connections. Personally, I use the back for power and top and bottom for i/o.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
The minechem scripts are done! Kind of anyway, I finished the list of everything and what to do with them so now I just need to write a little script to do that and it will work and be finished. The file and my rudimentary documentation on the format are here. A couple of final questions though for stuff.

* I fixed blaze rod/powder and magma cream. Uses standard minechem and gregtech rate of one rod to six powder.
* How much carbon should graphite be worth? Can be given in terms or other resources like 2 coal or 1/8 of a diamond or whatever.
* No clue at all what Desh might be made of so it got nothing, I can add something if anyone has any ideas though.
* Amber has no set chemical composition as it decsribes a variety of different substances as the resins it's made from vary from plant to plant
* What to do about the dusts that balance horribly? My idea was just try to find the best point to round off at for lots of max 20-30 or so. This applies most to lapis but some things like the garnets and red/blue steel would be affected as well.

So yeah it's basically done, I may have screwed up somewhere in the list and it likely needs a bunch more stuff to have synth disabled to prevent metal fabrication but considering you probably can't get infinite loops maybe it's fine? It's essentially just greg's many path ore processing clashing with minechem's synthing to create transmutation, considering minechem allows transmutation anyway maybe it's not worth it?

Eyecollector

Jul 29, 2019
Was the RC Void Chest disabled? I can't seem to display the recipe, and I don't see anything in the changelog.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The minechem scripts are done! Kind of anyway, I finished the list of everything and what to do with them so now I just need to write a little script to do that and it will work and be finished. The file and my rudimentary documentation on the format are here. A couple of final questions though for stuff.

* I fixed blaze rod/powder and magma cream. Uses standard minechem and gregtech rate of one rod to six powder.
* How much carbon should graphite be worth? Can be given in terms or other resources like 2 coal or 1/8 of a diamond or whatever.
* No clue at all what Desh might be made of so it got nothing, I can add something if anyone has any ideas though.
* Amber has no set chemical composition as it decsribes a variety of different substances as the resins it's made from vary from plant to plant
* What to do about the dusts that balance horribly? My idea was just try to find the best point to round off at for lots of max 20-30 or so. This applies most to lapis but some things like the garnets and red/blue steel would be affected as well.

So yeah it's basically done, I may have screwed up somewhere in the list and it likely needs a bunch more stuff to have synth disabled to prevent metal fabrication but considering you probably can't get infinite loops maybe it's fine? It's essentially just greg's many path ore processing clashing with minechem's synthing to create transmutation, considering minechem allows transmutation anyway maybe it's not worth it?
This is fantastic stuff Xavion.

Some of the critical gating or rarer elements might need to get disabled or tweaked but other than that its great.

Some potential concerns might be iridium and and osmium. With Minechem fusion/fission reactors, these will be too easy to make (I actually made osmium by accident once).

The reactors aren't super easy to make, requiring hundreds of tungstensteel, so they're high-end, but osmium at least is higher-end than that (you can possibly make a case for iridium being kosher).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
but osmium at least is higher-end than that (you can possibly make a case for iridium being kosher).

Agreed. Iridum is, IMHO, next tier after Tungstensteel. Hence, building a big contraption that requires Tungstensteel to make Iridium is OK. But, since Osmium is next tier after Iridium, it should be (much) more difficult to make Osmium.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Agreed. Iridum is, IMHO, next tier after Tungstensteel. Hence, building a big contraption that requires Tungstensteel to make Iridium is OK. But, since Osmium is next tier after Iridium, it should be (much) more difficult to make Osmium.
Yeah that's my thinking exactly.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't gotten that far they're actually concerns but my thoughts from looking at NEI. The issue is that it makes it too easy to obtain osmium right? But why is that an issue is my thought, osmium is a significant byproduct of every iridium production method except platinum ore. That and what are the tiers that high actually needed for? Iridium tier is ZPM and osmium UV, barely anything seems to exist higher then IV. So more like could you please explain where the ability to reliably osmium at a fairly harsh energy cost (240k RF/ingot minimum) is so powerful? I'm just not seeing it from NEI so can one of you who have gotten that far please try to explain?

I also noticed a tier jumping method so disabled tungstensteel dust crafting until you've studied one under a microscope. Hopefully still allows it to be synthesised but not made at medium voltage anymore.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I haven't gotten that far they're actually concerns but my thoughts from looking at NEI. The issue is that it makes it too easy to obtain osmium right? But why is that an issue is my thought, osmium is a significant byproduct of every iridium production method except platinum ore. That and what are the tiers that high actually needed for? Iridium tier is ZPM and osmium UV, barely anything seems to exist higher then IV. So more like could you please explain where the ability to reliably osmium at a fairly harsh energy cost (240k RF/ingot minimum) is so powerful? I'm just not seeing it from NEI so can one of you who have gotten that far please try to explain?

I also noticed a tier jumping method so disabled tungstensteel dust crafting until you've studied one under a microscope. Hopefully still allows it to be synthesised but not made at medium voltage anymore.
I didn't know you could disable synthesis until you microscope stuff, I wonder if that explains some odd results I've gotten when I couldn't synthesize stuff I thought I could.

Regarding the balance stuff: you don't even really need to worry about that too much. The players and Jason and his team are probably going to nitpick on that forever.

Specifically for osmium, its not a "huge" problem but it is a moderate one. Yes you can get it as byproducts of some ore processing but that still requires mining, ore processing infrastructure and power. With fusion/fission, you can literally take a few stacks of wood, break them down into small elements and reassemble them into osmium. Its not cheap and its time consuming (and impossible to automate without creating many huge reactors with thousands of tungstensteel) but still simpler than the existing processes.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
You can't really disable things till they've been examined, what you can do though is make recipes that require the journal with the item set in it to make though. It's because you can only manually set stacks up to 64 in size but you can set recipes that have stacks bigger then 64 and the journal is just required to set them. If the recipe you had set matched what NEI said and it wasn't working that's a different issue.

You know osmium can be produced by bees though right? The iridium bee they added also produces osmium at 40% of the speed it makes iridium. That and the IHL method that allows you to turn chalcopyrite or tetrahedrite or something into small amounts of osmium, iridium, and a bunch of other stuff. The ultimate super bee they added does as well but it produces basically everything and I'm not sure it's actually possible to get.

The whole purpose of the fusion reactor is make hard to acquire elements anyway, although it should be possible to automate with only one reactor if you're tricky enough. You could get it as low as about 3.5 logs per ingot too if you were willing to pay a couple of million RF an I got of osmium, iridium is very slightly more expensive to produce for reference, about 1.3% more expensive actually. It's only about 120 tungstensteel plates a reactor anyway, the ten stacks of lead plates sound more annoying to me though. It is simpler though in terms of resources required to automate I'll admit, just massively more expensive for energy and infrastructure requirements then anything else, big reactors handles the energy cost requirement fairly well though, it's not cheap to get going either admittedly.

They can go nuts on the script I give anyway though, it should just be incredibly long and not particularly complex.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can't really disable things till they've been examined, what you can do though is make recipes that require the journal with the item set in it to make though. It's because you can only manually set stacks up to 64 in size but you can set recipes that have stacks bigger then 64 and the journal is just required to set them. If the recipe you had set matched what NEI said and it wasn't working that's a different issue.

You know osmium can be produced by bees though right? The iridium bee they added also produces osmium at 40% of the speed it makes iridium. That and the IHL method that allows you to turn chalcopyrite or tetrahedrite or something into small amounts of osmium, iridium, and a bunch of other stuff. The ultimate super bee they added does as well but it produces basically everything and I'm not sure it's actually possible to get.

The whole purpose of the fusion reactor is make hard to acquire elements anyway, although it should be possible to automate with only one reactor if you're tricky enough. You could get it as low as about 3.5 logs per ingot too if you were willing to pay a couple of million RF an I got of osmium, iridium is very slightly more expensive to produce for reference, about 1.3% more expensive actually. It's only about 120 tungstensteel plates a reactor anyway, the ten stacks of lead plates sound more annoying to me though. It is simpler though in terms of resources required to automate I'll admit, just massively more expensive for energy and infrastructure requirements then anything else, big reactors handles the energy cost requirement fairly well though, it's not cheap to get going either admittedly.

They can go nuts on the script I give anyway though, it should just be incredibly long and not particularly complex.
Bees are never a good argument to prove anything with me. I would have replaced all the bees with resource multiplication bees instead of resource-generation if it were my choice :)

Yes I'm familiar with these methods of generating osmium, including the IHL Chalco route (which may go bye-bye soon with the rest of the mod). Regarding automation, there's no real reasonably simple way to do this with a single reactor with the purpose of generating a heavy element. You just can't do the multiple steps unless perhaps if you're really brilliant with opencomputers (I'm not). Also, some things just cannot be automated at all as far as I can tell: You can't explicitly specify which of the two fusion slots you want to insert into for instance (tried GT's Robotic Arm for this btw).

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019

Graphite would be 64 carbon atoms. Desh SHOULD NOT be synthesized, as it is a required material for high-tech Galacticraft stuff, but it can only be found on Mars. So Desh would have a requirement of "tech", in this case, going to Mars. By the way, you still haven't fixed my diamond duplication exploit, and I am not that happy about that. By the way, your "little script" won't be that easy to do. The Minechem Minetweaker lines are really complex, and it would take around 3 or 4 hours to finish the script.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
So, I think I finally understand the purpose of that big processing chain flow chart on the IHL webpage. This interests me very much as I detest flying around the End. I'll be investigating this method tonight for sure as it would appear I have all the equipment required to do this type of processing. Not super excited about making that many fluid cells, but i guess you get them all back for the next batch of processing. It also seems like this sort of thing would lend itself to some sort of assembly line type of process.

I just set up my implosion compressor last night, so I'm keen to source iridium :p