[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

G

General Ike

I can't commit the kind of time needed for an entirely new world, I've got a job, summer classes, family obligations, and a busy social life. I don't mind getting on a server, but I'd much prefer to start on a server and go through all of the challenges with everyone rather than join while everyone else is ahead. Maybe once I reach the end of my ssp world I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Reactions: Ilirith
I

Ilirith

I can't commit the kind of time needed for an entirely new world, I've got a job, summer classes, family obligations, and a busy social life. I don't mind getting on a server, but I'd much prefer to start on a server and go through all of the challenges with everyone rather than join while everyone else is ahead. Maybe once I reach the end of my ssp world I wouldn't have an issue with it.
feeling the same, except for the part about summer classes, family obligations and having a social life
sad but true.

I guess I COULD commit the time, but I've probably spent 150 hours on this single player one already, and it's the furthest I've gotten in this pack.. But I really do want to play online again :/

Edit:
Change of plans: I'l meet you online! ;)

Last edited:

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'll get back into Fear The Night, I kinda overreacted after dying, walking 1200+ blocks and dying 20 blocks away from my grave...5 times over.

I mean, it'll be brutal, with no cheats and stuff to help me out if I screw up or can't find a particular ore vein, but it might be worth it to hang out with some veterans of the pack.

I

Ilirith

I think I'll get back into Fear The Night, I kinda overreacted after dying, walking 1200+ blocks and dying 20 blocks away from my grave...5 times over.

I mean, it'll be brutal, with no cheats and stuff to help me out if I screw up or can't find a particular ore vein, but it might be worth it to hang out with some veterans of the pack.
I know the feeling, I usually play on peaceful as mobs are annoying, so it's a rather hard awakening with lycanite (sp?) mod on that server xD.
I've had some unfortunate accidents, but mostly I've survived by cheesing it and corner killing nasty mobs

Q

Queen Roger

If I'm smashing my head against a wall because of the amount of electronic circuits I need during Steel Age and the process of crafting them, what can I expect in the future...?

I

Ilirith

If I'm smashing my head against a wall because of the amount of electronic circuits I need during Steel Age and the process of crafting them, what can I expect in the future...?
oh my, well I found MV worse than HV to be honest, mostly because you have limited materials at rlatively slow production, which gets abit better but then it gets worse in other regards, such as more complex machinery and crafts in general being needed.

edit:just don't look into AE2 I'd you don't like making circuits ;) in case eyo aren't familiar with the storage system, a 64k cell is made of 4 x 16k which each is made of 4x 4k that each os 4x 1k. a 1k cell takes 4 nand chips among other things, a 4k takes 4 circuits + 4x 1k cells, 16k takes 4 good electronic circuits and then 4x 4k cells and 64k I can't remember, I ended up crying before making one ;)

G

General Ike

A wonderful bliss of dirt cheap basic and advanced circuits following forays into plastic processing. Eventually followed by intense frustration once the heavy duty circuits start showing up and you need lapotron crystals and polytetraflouroethylene.

If you're still crafting circuits with steel, know that once you start processing plastics and are into the MV tier (w/engraver and forming press), a basic circuit only costs only 1 silicon, 3 polyethylene, 3 copper, 8 redstone, and half an ingot of soldering alloy.

EDIT: My first machines in MV are always the extruder (absolutely always first, to save on blast furnace processed materials like aluminium and steel), then assembler, engraver, and forming press for efficient circuits (That's all you need really in MV before moving to HV).

T

Tiphon

Savant and Scholarly bees DO NOT produce Lore fragments like it's said in NEI. I wasted whole day breeding them =\ Please fix it or delete them at all

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there, 2questions
1)I cant seem to craft brewing station, was it disabled? I remember crafting it before HQM-update..
2)Any sneacky-tricky way to get Fluorine? Cant locate Bastnasite ore, or any other that could produce Fluorine directly.

G

General Ike

Hi there, 2questions
1)I cant seem to craft brewing station, was it disabled? I remember crafting it before HQM-update..
2)Any sneacky-tricky way to get Fluorine? Cant locate Bastnasite ore, or any other that could produce Fluorine directly.
My current flourine source is lepidolite, which is found with salt, rock salt, and interspersed with spodumene. If you haven't yet found a vein, I might recommend looking for one, since veins are reasonably common and found near, or on the surface, often exposed. Salt is a great source of sodium, which is incredibly useful (cheaply converts quartz dusts to crystals and used to separate magnesium chloride), both salts provide chlorine (which is necessary for titanium) and the the vein is one of two sources of lithium other than clay.

G

General Ike

Isnt Lepidolite too rare to become steady source of Fluorine?
Yeah, it's a bit interspersed in its veins, but I managed to get like 30 teflon out of my entire lepidolite store and I haven't mined everything out of the two veins yet. It's not a steady source, but it'll certainly help you get the flourine you need to make it into the higher tiers.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm planning on upgrading to nitro diesel sometime in the future. What's the actual process and machines needed for a good setup, and how do I automate it? MV components and machines are not yet available to me unfortunately.

For example:

Oil->Machine 1->Machine 2->Appropriate Generator

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Savant and Scholarly bees DO NOT produce Lore fragments like it's said in NEI. I wasted whole day breeding them =\ Please fix it or delete them at all
Two most likely cases here are that your bees weren't jubilant (bees only produce specialty products if exactly matching what they want, humidity and temperature tolerance are worse than useless for bees with specialty products to the unaware) or that you had horrible luck.

Got to watch out for the first one though, it can easily catch people out as tolerance lets your bees look like they're working without actually letting them produce specialty products.

Or you know, they might be bugged, but that's generally a rare option, if they show up in NEI it at least means they're detecting and adding support for the correct item. RNG can be horrible, I know from experience, I've had times for instance where more than a dozen mana beans of a single aspect can be found before I find even one of a second aspect despite it normally being uncommon to go even three of the same in a row. I've seen people in galacticraft question if something has gone horribly wrong as they got something like ten moon buggy blueprints before they found the rocket blueprint. Sometimes it seems like the RNG just decides it hates you.

Reactions: Tiphon
I

Ilirith

I'm planning on upgrading to nitro diesel sometime in the future. What's the actual process and machines needed for a good setup, and how do I automate it? MV components and machines are not yet available to me unfortunately.

For example:

Oil->Machine 1->Machine 2->Appropriate Generator
this is from memory so check up on it before you build it all ;)

oil > distillery (I turned mine into light fuel since I had primarily "raw oil" from my oil drill rigs)
sulfuric light fuel > chemical reactor with 1 hydrogen cell + 1 empty cell (gives 2 sulfuric acid cells back as well as light fuel (so it isn't sulfuric light fuel anymore))

to make hydrogen, there are a few different ways, I automated it by electrolyzing regular water, but that is a relatively expensive way (power wise,), I think it is a base cost of around 45k EU for 1 or 2 buckets worth of hydrogen. (although 1 hydrogen will de-sulfurize 6000mb sulfuric light fuel, and 4000mb light fuel + 1 glyceryltrinitrate will give 5000mb nitro diesel at 512k EU per 1000mb,so still worth it ;))

then light fuel into a chemical reactor, with glyceryltrinitrate i think it's called.

to make glyceryltrinitrate you need to have a chemical reactor with water as liquid and then 1 nitrogen cell + 1 carbon dust.

carbon dust you can gain from various ways, early on an easy source of it is all that dark dust you get from making steel in bronze blast furnaces, centrifuge 2 dark ashes into 2x 1 ashes, and then centrifuge 1 Ash into 1 carbon.

if you feel like it, you can centrifuge or is it electrolyte diamond dust for a full stack of carbon per diamond dust (not worth it in my opinion, but if just doing it once or twice it's a nice start amount f
of carbon, and it will give alot of EU back when all used to make nitro :) )

I had fully automated the distillation process and de sulfurization process, I used enderio item conduits to move cells back and forth, since they can be used to round Robin and with a speed Downgrade, they only round Robin 1 item at a time.

to start with, I'd recommend getting a couple chemical reactors, a distillery, an electrolyte (or other means of getting hydrogen) a fluid canner if you went with electrolyte for hydrogen, and then in the start, possibly use light fuel instead of nitro diesel in diesel generators, as I think light fuel once de-sulfurized is still 256k per 1000mb.

then once you have enough power output you can make glyceryltrinitrate and process the rest of the light fuel I to nitro diesel for double the EU :)

mind you, I used MV machinery for my setup, (well some was lv) but it should be doable entirely with lv, even if you have to get hydrogen or nitrogen differently.

oh forgot nitrogen.

I got nitrogen from Uhh.. compressing empty cells into compressed air, then using a fluid canner (very important, else the cell is lost when you empty a compressed air cell) into an electrolyzer i think,abd made nitrogen and oxygen that way, then had another fluid canner to empty oxygen cells so I could reuse the cell for making more compressed air (I just vented the oxygen into a liquid trash can)

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, wonderfully informative! I've written it all down, thanks :3

Also might have to get multiple distilleries and a compressor to grab up some nitrogen.

G

General Ike

The proper way to get nitrogen should be compressed air->canner->centrifuge. I believe the centrifuge recipe is far more efficient than the distillery, and you get oxygen, which can be in low supply during the earlier parts of the game (don't void it, don't do that, trust me).

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
They do produce lore fragments but only if u have them in the perfect humidity and temperature

I

Ilirith

I must really be the only person who gets nitrogen from ender pearls

Honestly I think I even worked it out that it was cheaper (maybe)
possible ly cheaper if you don't take i to account the act of acquiring the pearls, where with compressed air, it's 100% automated