[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
G

General Ike

Bearsden did a tour of my wife and I's base a few days ago :) Made quite a bit of progress. Im just getting ready to make my IV machines now.
1: That's a sweet base, I gotta admit, I'm super jealous.
2: That's Infitech 2? I wasn't aware that they had updated the pack to include cleanrooms... am I not on the newest version or something?

I

Ilirith

2: That's Infitech 2? I wasn't aware that they had updated the pack to include cleanrooms... am I not on the newest version or something?
pretty sure j have clean room in my version if infitech2 as well, not sure what they are for though lol

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I have updated the pack myself for the Aura Fury server. We updated the quest book, fixed the broken recipes created by the update, updated all the other mods in the pack, and changed a few out.

Thanks for the complement on the base! :)

Reactions: General Ike
I

Ilirith

oh god... infitech2 doesn't have the new circuit system? and I'm inky starting to get used to thid one and there is a different one as well :|

G

General Ike

All aboard the bandwagon!!

(Random thought, apparently that update also halved multi-block structural block costs (among other material efficiencies)... it's gonna be tough coming to terms with the fact that I spent double what I would have needed on my two distillation towers and that brutal grind for the vacuum freezer...)

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
The update wouldnt break your save however it would mess with your world generation if you dropped my version over the current one you are using. I changed to biomes o plenty, but left biomesXL in the pack. So you would have to do some saving of old config files and turning a couple mods off to get it to work. Most would probably want lycanite mobs turned off :p Either way I recommend taking a backup if you decide to use my files. If you are still interested shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019

(Random thought, apparently that update also halved multi-block structural block costs (among other material efficiencies)... it's gonna be tough coming to terms with the fact that I spent double what I would have needed on my two distillation towers and that brutal grind for the vacuum freezer...)

On the bright size you missed the early days of needing tons and tons of papers to make your circuits and all the long ways of making circuits as well. Of course youll be in for a surprise just how much more involved the more advanced circuits are now.

I

Ilirith

oh god, I JUST built my distillation tower last night :|

U

Uncarian

Thanks for the configs EconBrony!

On a different note, in my world I am at the start of the MV tier. (hand feeding Large Bronze Boiler with charcoal from charcoal pit, EBF, forestry treefarm, inefficient biogas setup, extremely inefficient methane setup). I have fallen in most of the GT pitfalls sans higher tier voltage blowing up stuff (rain on machines, spilling water buckets near machines, cables on fire due to excessive amp).

However I play Infitech2 as I would a typical RF modpack. That is power gen -> central battery (MV, 2amp) -> cables to the rest of the base.

Upon learning more about GT, how things work, EU-loss and figuring out why some machine arrays complain about power I realize that this setup and mindset hampers my progress.

So my questions are related to GT base design and power systems. How do you layout your base?
Do you pipe fluids instead of running cables everywhere?
Is your power generation local for each machine array?

I'd like to avoid any 3x3 layered chunk designs and try form > function, at least when I get the resources to do so.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Currently I send steam all over my base using conduits and generate my various power needs right behind the machines. I'd imagine this route is a bit more expensive material wise though

I

Ilirith

On a different note, in my world I am at the start of the MV tier. (hand feeding Large Bronze Boiler with charcoal from charcoal pit, EBF, forestry treefarm, inefficient biogas setup, extremely inefficient methane setup). I have fallen in most of the GT pitfalls sans higher tier voltage blowing up stuff (rain on machines, spilling water buckets near machines, cables on fire due to excessive amp).

However I play Infitech2 as I would a typical RF modpack. That is power gen -> central battery (MV, 2amp) -> cables to the rest of the base.

Upon learning more about GT, how things work, EU-loss and figuring out why some machine arrays complain about power I realize that this setup and mindset hampers my progress.

So my questions are related to GT base design and power systems. How do you layout your base?

I'd like to avoid any 3x3 layered chunk designs and try form > function, at least when I get the resources to do so.
no idea if it's best but I use mostly localised power as in i have a diesel turbine at each machine cluster, maybe 2 turbines if needed feeding into a battery buffer and then having at most 16 machines in said buffer, since most are not running at all times, I can do relatively safely with 8x cables relatively ;p

I do also have a HV cable going through my base from a large steam turbine that runs constantly, but it only outputs a total of 150ish eu/t.

one thing to remember is that EU loss is not a big deal at higher voltages, so if you generte lv and transform it to MV and then HV, you can move more power with less loss and the transform back down as needed

I

Ilirith

Currently I send steam all over my base using conduits and generate my various power needs right behind the machines. I'd imagine this route is a bit more expensive material wise though
steam is just so space intensive for low power, Atleast for me. I use nitro diesel mostly and have only steam for my always on large steam turbkne which was a huge disappointment in output

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
steam is just so space intensive for low power, Atleast for me. I use nitro diesel mostly and have only steam for my always on large steam turbkne which was a huge disappointment in output

I use nitro diesel as well, wonderful fuel really. Currently I only use it for IV power generation.

G

General Ike

oh god, I JUST built my distillation tower last night :|
I know, I was thinking of you :p

Well, in LV and MV tiers, I exlusively used local power generation, cause otherwise you lose something like 3% of your power per block at LV and 1% at MV (assuming the best wires). At HV, I didn't feel so bad about sending power around and centralized my power, but still took great pains to ensure that everything was as close to the generators as possible. Once I got well into EV, I completely centralized my generators down in my basement with a full 16 slot EV battery buffer and sent out EV wires to everything cause you only lose like 0.0625% per block at that point. Now that I'm getting into IV, I'm upgrading those to IV. Each machine array has it's individual buffer though, which introduces significant inefficiencies(5% - 15%?), but means I can safely run any machine setup manually even if my grid goes down.

The update wouldnt break your save however it would mess with your world generation if you dropped my version over the current one you are using. I changed to biomes o plenty, but left biomesXL in the pack. So you would have to do some saving of old config files and turning a couple mods off to get it to work. Most would probably want lycanite mobs turned off :p Either way I recommend taking a backup if you decide to use my files. If you are still interested shoot me a PM.
Gah, I like biomes o' plenty SOO much. That's actually one of my all time favorite mods! I HATE that extra biomes XL has become the standard in modpacks :( it just kills me. Once I update, I'm going to want to move my entire base just to be in a nice biomes o plenty biome.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I know, I was thinking of you :p

Gah, I like biomes o' plenty SOO much. That's actually one of my all time favorite mods! I HATE that extra biomes XL has become the standard in modpacks :( it just kills me. Once I update, I'm going to want to move my entire base just to be in a nice biomes o plenty biome.

Well if you dont mind a strange line in your world where the old gen stopped and the new one started, you should be able to use biomes o plenty. Personally I'd go with a new world. The other choice would be just to come on the Aura Fury server ;)