[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
possible ly cheaper if you don't take i to account the act of acquiring the pearls, where with compressed air, it's 100% automated
Depends how you do it. With golems you can farm the pearls for free. Then you macerate them and, um, centrifuge them (I forget)

P

Pyromancer56

Bears Den has put up their video of touring our base as well. Figured some people here would be interested in checking it out.
Part 1
Part 2

Reactions: EconBrony

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying to play around on a creative mode world to see how to gather oil. IC2 pumps don't seem to work at all (well), GT pumps will pump oil but need a butt ton of mining pipes and won't accept batteries, so theoretically I'd have to run a cable thousands of blocks (and there's the matter of EU falloff so that aint happening) and I can't for the life of me get the Oil Drilling Rig to work, it just gives me this jargon about loose pipes and bent plates or some crap even though the structure is fine, it has mining pipes, an energy input and a fluid output. What do?

P

Pyromancer56

Been trying to play around on a creative mode world to see how to gather oil. IC2 pumps don't seem to work at all (well), GT pumps will pump oil but need a butt ton of mining pipes and won't accept batteries, so theoretically I'd have to run a cable thousands of blocks (and there's the matter of EU falloff so that aint happening) and I can't for the life of me get the Oil Drilling Rig to work, it just gives me this jargon about loose pipes and bent plates or some crap even though the structure is fine, it has mining pipes, an energy input and a fluid output. What do?
You can get past the inability to put a battery in the GT pump by using a battery buffer attached to the pump. The reason your Oil Drilling Rig isn't working is because you need to do maintenance on it.

G

General Ike

Alright, here are your answers:
1: Take a battery buffer and a bunch of batteries, place the battery buffer next to the GT pump to power it and place the batteries inside the buffer, viola!
2: All multi-block structures in gregtech require a maintenance hatch and maintenance must be performed before operating a machine for the first time. The controller's "jargon" is saying what "needs to be fixed" (when the multi-block is first constructed, EVERYTHING "needs to be fixed"). To perform maintenance, right click on your maintenance hatch (without a tool in hand), then pick up each of the required tools, drag them over the single gui space and left click once. Repeat for each maintenance problem with the corresponding tools I think that the tools used for each problem are:
Bent Plating - Hard Hammer
Something is Stuck - Soft Hammer
Loose Pipe - Wrench
Loose Wires - Wire Cutter
Screw Loose - Screwdriver
That Doesn't Belong there - Crowbar
Circuitry Burnt Out - Soldering Iron (WITH solder material in inventory, use fine solder wire, it's the most efficient)
Maybe something else too...

EDIT: Whoops, too late. Also, yes, I could have just linked that...

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Of course... maintenance. That's not obvious at all =u=
Also thanks for the tips on the pump. I'll have to grind for the steel for all those mining pipes but it should sort itself out eventually.

G

General Ike

I build machines for material efficiency first, always, and I run off steam power exclusively until I get access to at least the MV extruder, it pays for itself instantly with cheap rods and gears and makes the mining pipes recipe 2x efficient, then I start pumping oil, but to each their own.

I

Ilirith

I build machines for material efficiency first, always, and I run off steam power exclusively until I get access to at least the MV extruder, it pays for itself instantly with cheap rods and gears and makes the mining pipes recipe 2x efficient, then I start pumping oil, but to each their own.
didn't know it made mining pipes cheaper? you only hammer, file and a steel fluid pipe for a mining pipe, and the fluid pipes aren't cheaper, you just only make one at a time i stead of making more at a time when done in a crafting grid. although, you do save the tool durability i guess

G

General Ike

Instead of 6 steel->6 small steel pipes->6 mining pipes with an extruder you can actually go 1 steel->2 tiny steel pipes->2 mining pipes (in a basic wiremill).

I

Ilirith

Instead of 6 steel->6 small steel pipes->6 mining pipes with an extruder you can actually go 1 steel->2 tiny steel pipes->2 mining pipes (in a basic wiremill).
ooh, didn't know you could make mining pipes with tinies!...
I regret nothing! (almost)

I

Ilirith

did you disable biome o plenty and decocraft? I was told to do that (and lycanite mobs as well unless you want to be violated)

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
There's no Biomes O Plenty, Decocraft or Lycanites mods in the mod folder. Deleted an extra mod I found that wasn't part of the original pack but it still won't work.

I

Ilirith

Sounds odd, it worked fine for me when i followed the instructions he sent me :/

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I admit it, I am a COMPLETE noob at GT5. Sad really, I mastered GT back in the old FTB days (never got to fusion reactor levels though).
I can't get my head around the Electric Blast Furnace this time.
I've built the structure, fixed all the maintenance issues and got it running one time. Problem is power.
https://pasteboard.co/2kBG5QcQJ.png
This is my EBF setup, with 4 power input hatches with battery buffers next to them, with the round end pointed towards the hatches. Inside are 1 lithium battery each.

For some reason the buffers won't accept power from the cables powering the machines to the right, and when they do, it's just taking power from one battery and placing it in another.

I've thought of placing generators for each one, but I can't easily do that. My base is in a treehouse and I'm not running up and down filling generators with charcoal or lava. I also don't have any steam power, as I completely stopped with that after I started making biogas, which wouldn't work either since it's a multi stage process and I'm not making 4 of every machine needed for each hatch. The only way I can get it to work is taking out the batteries, charging them in another buffer I have, and then replacing them after each operation. Thirty-two times for the aluminium quest alone.

Please help me and my dick-ripping noobishness ;n;

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okay, I admit it, I am a COMPLETE noob at GT5. Sad really, I mastered GT back in the old FTB days (never got to fusion reactor levels though).
I can't get my head around the Electric Blast Furnace this time.
I've built the structure, fixed all the maintenance issues and got it running one time. Problem is power.
https://pasteboard.co/2kBG5QcQJ.png
This is my EBF setup, with 4 power input hatches with battery buffers next to them, with the round end pointed towards the hatches. Inside are 1 lithium battery each.

For some reason the buffers won't accept power from the cables powering the machines to the right, and when they do, it's just taking power from one battery and placing it in another.

I've thought of placing generators for each one, but I can't easily do that. My base is in a treehouse and I'm not running up and down filling generators with charcoal or lava. I also don't have any steam power, as I completely stopped with that after I started making biogas, which wouldn't work either since it's a multi stage process and I'm not making 4 of every machine needed for each hatch. The only way I can get it to work is taking out the batteries, charging them in another buffer I have, and then replacing them after each operation. Thirty-two times for the aluminium quest alone.

Please help me and my dick-ripping noobishness ;n;
Can you describe your architecture a bit better?

For instance, this will work just fine:
  • Power is generated by 3 LV Steam Turbines
  • Each Turbine charges a 1-slot LV battery buffer
  • Each battery buffer charges an LV Energy Hatch on the EBF
Or to save a bit of efficiency but risk fluctuations in your steam production:
  • Power is generated by 3 LV Steam Turbines
  • Each steam turbine charges an LV Energy Hatch on the EBF

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, let me try this:

Buffer->LV Energy Hatch M. Hatch LV Energy Hatch<-Buffer
Buffer->LV Energy Hatch H.P Casing LV Energy Hatch<-Buffer
Input Bus Main EBF Unit Output Bus

The contents of my EBFs bottom row.
I don't know how well I'll be able to stand with steam, as I've said I haven't any good steam production beyond a single steam boiler.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The short answer is to bump up your power generation.

The long answer is that you'll need to rely on the EBF a lot as you progress up the tech tree, so having a dedicated power supply is a worthwhile investment.

Running 4 LV generators is actually a fairly efficient way to do it- especially if you have a liquid fuel (oil/methane/biogas/steam), as you can buffer it in a tank elsewhere and pipe it in.
Liquids are also fairly useful in another regard; the Railcraft tank acts like a giant battery, and gives a nice visual as to how much power you've got left. Quick glance in the tank and I know i have enough for say 32 stainless steel; throw it in and walk off. No worries :)

Steam is probably the easiest to set up, oil has the smallest footprint and very high energy densities (easy to carry if you're manually filling a generator), biogas and methane can be fully automated at a very early stage- giving you hands free running.

Steam is still a good option, Railcraft boilers or the large bronze boiler make enough to run a fairly efficient set up.
If you have oilsands nearby, or a buildcraft oil spout- distil some oil into fuel. Oil is a very potent fuel even without high efficiency processing (distil tower/cracker)- and Greg's fluid cells are useful for carrying liquids about.
You've made some aluminium, so the oil drilling rig is within reach. (batteries are useful for running this).

If you're running renewables like biogas or methane, you'll need more than 4 machines to get a decent amount of power (I think centrifuging methane/making biogas works out around a 6Eu/t gain, discounting any wire/generator losses).
I had 18 distillery for biogas (running just the EBF) and 35 centrifuges for methane (all the other machines). Still ran low on power at times, but on the whole enough to get by as long as I didn't go overboard.
(didn't start out with that many, just kept adding them as needed)