[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Okay, let me try this:

Buffer->LV Energy Hatch M. Hatch LV Energy Hatch<-Buffer
Buffer->LV Energy Hatch H.P Casing LV Energy Hatch<-Buffer
Input Bus Main EBF Unit Output Bus

The contents of my EBFs bottom row.
I don't know how well I'll be able to stand with steam, as I've said I haven't any good steam production beyond a single steam boiler.
You didn't describe (in that post) how your buffers are receiving power. (Also don't bother "drawing" the EBF. Don't care about the maintenance hatch or other casing)

You may be fighting against a fairly inflexible system here. The GT gating tightens to pretty much "only steam" at this point. The good news is that there's a few ways to get it.

A good option for you may be solar steam boilers. You'll want to break/replace them every once in a while, but they provide steam essentially for free.

G

General Ike

Okay, I admit it, I am a COMPLETE noob at GT5. Sad really, I mastered GT back in the old FTB days (never got to fusion reactor levels though).
I can't get my head around the Electric Blast Furnace this time.

Hmmm, that's not a lot to go off. I have a theory based off of what I can see and your issue. First, some assumptions: I assume that the machine on the far right with the silver-ish dot facing the camera is your power supply, presumably an LV battery buffer, and I also assume that you know that it's not currently connected to your power grid cause the silver output spot is not pointing towards the wire. I also assume your wires are tin as of right now and not some kind that can handle multiple amps.

There is a reasonably large distance between your power supply and the ebf and each block traveled is a loss of about 3% of your power, which means that you'll be losing anywhere between 20%-40% of your power on your way to the ebf, since you are only carrying 1 amp of LV, that totals to like 22eu/t, which is basically nill. Additionally, each buffer and hatch has its own internal storage that charges before the batteries and any non-wire gt block loses energy when transferring power, and when one amp 22 eu/t is split among 4 sources to charge internal buffers, the result looks like the batteries are not being charged.

Of course, this is all just a theory. It's also worth noting that the first couple aluminium you create WILL be brutal on your power supply. It would take me an entire 5x5x5 tank of steam and 4x lithium batteries to process 6 or 7 aluminium, and it was not uncommon for me to manually move batteries around every cycle or so to ensure proper functionality.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't describe (in that post) how your buffers are receiving power. (Also don't bother "drawing" the EBF. Don't care about the maintenance hatch or other casing)

You may be fighting against a fairly inflexible system here. The GT gating tightens to pretty much "only steam" at this point. The good news is that there's a few ways to get it.

A good option for you may be solar steam boilers. You'll want to break/replace them every once in a while, but they provide steam essentially for free.

Oh, okay. They're powered by Small Lithium Batteries manually charged and moved back and forth after each operation. Not elegant, not efficient, and not worth it. I guess I'll have to get steam set up soon =u=

If solar boilers end up not working well, are there any good ways of automating charcoal production?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh, okay. They're powered by Small Lithium Batteries manually charged and moved back and forth after each operation. Not elegant, not efficient, and not worth it. I guess I'll have to get steam set up soon =u=

If solar boilers end up not working well, are there any good ways of automating charcoal production?
At this stage, not really. My preferred method is to make decent axes and have a small tree farm of Firs or Spruce. These trees are very nice because you can place the saplings in a 2x2 square, and they grow into extremely tall trees with no branches. Which makes them ideal for the GT tree-cutting mechanism.

Then you just toss logs into a charcoal pit. Pro-tip: charcoal in this pit is best mined with an AXE, not a pickaxe. With a high-speed axe, you can essentially insta-mine the charcoal.

Soon you'll be able to make a coal coke oven which is preferable since its automatable and also generates creosote oil.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty much bordering on the Silicon Age now, so a coke oven doesn't seem far off :3

Honestly I only wanted an EBF so that I could build an advanced extruder and make mining pipes as efficiently as possible, so that I could gather up some oil and run my base off that.

Last edited:
I

Ilirith

I'm pretty much bordering on the Silicon Age now, so a coke oven doesn't seem far off :3

Honestly I only wanted an EBF so that I could build an advanced extruder and make mining pipes as efficiently as possible, so that I could gather up some oil and run my base off that.
don't worry, as others previously mentioned, the EBF is you primary machine for any progress past steel, (and later in also for steel).
so you'd have to get it done anyways.
is recommend setting steam up again, of you have a relatively safe way to get lava from the nether, then lava boilers are pretty good, and they are supplying I think it's 30mb/t of steam.
and a single drum of lava will last 5 lava boilers quite a while. Just make sure you don't manually grab lava with a bucket then it would become frustrating to refill drums ;)

also, the moving of batteries for EBF, I did that until I started making titanium, in which case I got fed up with the waiting time if recharging several HV lithium batteries and placed a diesel generator at the EBF and a drum of nitro.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I made 11 solar boilers and an iron tank for now. Seems okay at the moment.
This will generate a ton of steam for that era, especially if you don't run your industry a lot of the time.

As a reminder, the solars get inefficient over time (many hours), so you occassionally need to tear them down and put them back up.

I

Ilirith

This will generate a ton of steam for that era, especially if you don't run your industry a lot of the time.

As a reminder, the solars get inefficient over time (many hours), so you occassionally need to tear them down and put them back up.
never knew that, might explain why I felt like my old setup. based on solar was less than ideal when on inky did small. expansions... I had solar running for 50+ hours xD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
never knew that, might explain why I felt like my old setup. based on solar was less than ideal when on inky did small. expansions... I had solar running for 50+ hours xD
Yeah, its kinda good to know :) I typically just went and replaced my solars after a few hours if/when my iron tanks were already full.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Simple_Solar_Boiler
See bottom section for math details.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Stupid blast furnace is playing up again. It's eating my aluminium dust and not giving me ingots back. Even if it has full charge, and I've right clicked it with a soft hammer. It ate 5 or so dust at once, I right clicked it with the hammer, and it flashed green for a millisecond and went back to red. It didn't produce any ingots and I've lost a quarter stack of alum dust and it's an ass to get.

It worked the first time I used it, and it seems that I have to break and replace the main EBF block and perform maintenance after Every. Single. Operation.

EDIT: Nope, not even that is working. It just turns off halfway through the operation even though it's full on power.

I

Ilirith

muffler, your muffler is covered most probably

make sure to use a wrench to turn the muffler after you place it, else it probably won't face the right way

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
@EconBrony For some reason I can't make an account on the Aura Fury website and therefore cannot post in the forums to discuss the issues I have preventing me from logging in. I filled out all the necessary fields and upon clicking register, it takes me back the the page I was just on, with the password/repeat password fields empty again.

I

Ilirith

@EconBrony For some reason I can't make an account on the Aura Fury website and therefore cannot post in the forums to discuss the issues I have preventing me from logging in. I filled out all the necessary fields and upon clicking register, it takes me back the the page I was just on, with the password/repeat password fields empty again.
did you click the "I'm not a robot" box and wait for it to turn to a green checkmark?

I

Ilirith

Yes I most certainly did. Don't want anyone to get wise I MEAN of course :3
that reminds me, econbrony did mention the other day that he had white-listed some people, and you were one of them I believe. so maybe tour account is already valid, have you tried logging in instead of registering?

G

General Ike

You register for an account, check your inbox (and/or spam folder) for the confirmation email, confirm the account, then wait for the admin to confirm your account, this problem of your will occur until the admin verifies your aurafury forums account. Your forum account is different from being whitelisted.

Dang, I was going to check to make sure you had a muffler hatch a while ago, but I forgot. That still get's me every once in a while when I move machines around.