[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
mybe this post is old ... (not at all lol)
but I would like to talk about FTB infinity expert mode ,
this is FTB inifnity (without gregtech rip ) where all mods are conected and where there is a true hard progression to the late game.

That's not true at all. This is progression mostly through GregTech with much harder recipes. Most of the other mods in this modpack have had their recipes tweaked to require GregTech integration in some significant way.

In other words, this is a modpack centered mostly on Gregtech and non-essential recipes have been moved into higher tiers of GregTech machines. For instance, the Coke Oven from Railcraft requires at least mid-tier GregTech machines to build.

You will find nearly all useful recipes require GregTech in some form in order to progress properly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

X

xarchais

That's not true at all. This is progression mostly through GregTech with much harder recipes. Most of the other mods in this modpack have had their recipes tweaked to require GregTech integration in some significant way.

In other words, this is a modpack centered mostly on Gregtech and non-essential recipes have been moved into higher tiers of GregTech machines. For instance, the Coke Oven from Railcraft requires at least mid-tier GregTech machines to build.

You will find nearly all useful recipes require GregTech in some form in order to progress properly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I am speaking about the infinity modpack ^^

I

Ilirith

I am speaking about the infinity modpack ^^
frankly, Infinity expert mode is not as hard (in my opinion Atleast) as infitech2. not that it is easy peas, not at all, but it's still a whole other curve than gt :)

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
I cant get fiery blood and thus fiery steel, since its a Twilight forest and GT "combination", am i right? Or am missing some recipe?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I cant get fiery blood and thus fiery steel, since its a Twilight forest and GT "combination", am i right? Or am missing some recipe?
There's a recipe for them added using thaumcraft, in the alchemy section near the various transmutations.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Why does issue 'Incomplete Structure' can happen besides inappropriate placed blocks?
I've built Diesel Engine. First time it went well but then for some reason it stopped, keeping this string in machine controller. I haven't changed structure at all.
front of the machine needs to be unobstructed. If you are using Arcane Lamps, they tend to spawn the little invisible light sources around and one might got spawned in front of the engine (or maybe even inside it). So just place down some cobble (in front and inside) then break the cobble and see if that helps

Reactions: Tiphon

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You could put some items into simple chest, and output redstone signal would be equal to its fill. For example, full chest would emit 15 signal, half filled chest would emit 7-8 signal.

Nice solution using the chest, I still had one piece of dust in my on/off circuit but that eliminates it.

I

Ilirith

don't we have the redstone book that will emit redstone signal depending on its placement in a bookshelf? that way you can with one bookshelf and one redstone book, emit a signal from none to 15 easily, and if you need to change it, just move the book in the shelf

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to convert RF to EU?
Is there any way to teleport EU?
Any tips on how to power distant Drill-rig / Adv.Miner? Currently i have to drag batteries back and forth, which becomes annoying more and more..

I

Ilirith

Is there any way to convert RF to EU?
Any tips on how to power distant Drill-rig / Adv.Miner? Currently i have to drag batteries back and forth, which becomes annoying more and more..
there is a dimensional Uhh.. transvector? not entirely sure of its name, but I think it's enderio.

downside is that it uses a significant amount of power passively, I think it's around 600 rf/t or so (so that would roughly be constant MV just to have it online)

and GT cables i believe converts between rf, IC2 EU and GT EU, so gt cables should connect to most things.

if it won't connect to whatever you are trying to connect to, make an enderio capacitor as that will accept EU and store power as RF

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
and GT cables i believe converts between rf, IC2 EU and GT EU, so gt cables should connect to most things.
You can power RF machines with GT cables, but you cannot transform RF power into Gt/IC2 eu or power GT machines with it.

You can transform RF into IC2 eu via pneumaticcraft (by creating pressurized air and then using that air to generate eu. Best efficiency but lots of infrastructure depending on amount of RF) or galacticraft (simpler but worse efficiency)

I

Ilirith

You can power RF machines with GT cables, but you cannot transform RF power into Gt/IC2 eu or power GT machines with it.

You can transform RF into IC2 eu via pneumaticcraft (by creating pressurized air and then using that air to generate eu. Best efficiency but lots of infrastructure depending on amount of RF) or galacticraft (simpler but worse efficiency)
yes my bad i meant converts to, not between :)

and pneumaticcraft might have decent efficiency but none the less, the generators from pneumatic are still quite inefficient in my opinion (if I remember correctly)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
yes my bad i meant converts to, not between :)

and pneumaticcraft might have decent efficiency but none the less, the generators from pneumatic are still quite inefficient in my opinion (if I remember correctly)
Depends. We configured them specially in this pack such that if you don't overheat them, you get close to perfect standard conversion efficiency (something like 4RF:1EU).

If you overheat them and fail to dissipate the heat, they become progressively less efficient. (Not configurable sadly, I would have liked to have made the heat degradation less impactful than it is by at least half)

I

Ilirith

Depends. We configured them specially in this pack such that if you don't overheat them, you get close to perfect standard conversion efficiency (something like 4RF:1EU).

If you overheat them and fail to dissipate the heat, they become progressively less efficient. (Not configurable sadly, I would have liked to have made the heat degradation less impactful than it is by at least half)
ah okay, I've avoided that way of conversion on purpose, but might be worth looking into :)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
GT also has a microwave transmitter thingy. Not sure how it works/how efficient it is mind.

Bring fuel out to it; a drum full of nitro-diesel works like a massive battery.
(over 100 million Eu for a regular drum of nitro goodness, or over 3 trillion Eu if you're actually insane enough to fill the bedrockium one)​

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
oh jason jason. good you are here. any ETA for the 1.10 version?
Its probably a ways out still. The port of Gregtech 5u to 1.10 has some work to go still and last I heard with were issues getting recipes to display when edited

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The problem with using Nitro-Diesel fuel to run the Advanced Miner II is that there aren't any Diesel Turbines higher than HV tier. For running the Miner at EV tier you need 2 HV Diesel Turbines (because the quarry only requires 1/2 amp to operate, not a full amp). Two turbines is pretty simple and easy. That's why I run my Miner II at EV tier. But let's say we want to get a bit faster and go to IV tier... now we need 8 HV Diesel Turbines and 2 transformers. And for LuV tier, we'd need 32 HV Diesels and 3 transformers. It's beginning to get a bit ridiculous. Might as well just pack up a Large Diesel Engine multiblock and build one of them in the field with the Quarry each time we run it. LOL

So yeah, nitro works for up to EV tier, but for IV tier and higher, I assume the only way to go is with battery power... most likely setting up some battery transfer system using Dimensional Transceivers or something.

One thing I always wondered about... but since I never got there I don't know... is the use of Naquadah Reactors to power a Miner II in the field feasible? Or perhaps there's a magical energy device that could be used... if anyone has good suggestions, please pass them along. :)

I

Ilirith

The problem with using Nitro-Diesel fuel to run the Advanced Miner II is that there aren't any Diesel Turbines higher than HV tier. For running the Miner at EV tier you need 2 HV Diesel Turbines (because the quarry only requires 1/2 amp to operate, not a full amp). Two turbines is pretty simple and easy. That's why I run my Miner II at EV tier. But let's say we want to get a bit faster and go to IV tier... now we need 8 HV Diesel Turbines and 2 transformers. And for LuV tier, we'd need 32 HV Diesels and 3 transformers. It's beginning to get a bit ridiculous. Might as well just pack up a Large Diesel Engine multiblock and build one of them in the field with the Quarry each time we run it. LOL

So yeah, nitro works for up to EV tier, but for IV tier and higher, I assume the only way to go is with battery power... most likely setting up some battery transfer system using Dimensional Transceivers or something.

One thing I always wondered about... but since I never got there I don't know... is the use of Naquadah Reactors to power a Miner II in the field feasible? Or perhaps there's a magical energy device that could be used... if anyone has good suggestions, please pass them along. :)
if you can afford to run it with EV or higher, then a dimensional transceivers upkeep won't be a problem i would imagine.