[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

I

Ilirith

If the ender quarry doesn't dig above itself- set it just above the ore deposit.

However from what I heard, the advanced miner gives a 3x?? 5x?? multiplier for the ores it digs, so it'll be a good investment even though its a little more complex to run.

Yea it doesnt dig above as far as i know, so that would at least save some of the pointless blocks being mined ( depending on the vein ofcourse, if its Cassi/Tin, it might not do much difference since its a high elevation vein etc. )

I will look into the Advanced miner, i just looked at the recipes, it isnt as bad as i had feared, so i will definitely work on that as my next big thing =)

Edit:
24 titanium as far as i can count, for the controller itself, and then a butt load of steel and whatnot for the casing/frames. Should be doable today =)

G

General Ike

I don't know for sure about energy efficiency-wise, but vacuum freezing compressed air takes only 1 second per, so it's not bad. The argon is used eventually for cooking Osmiridium Ingots, so it'll just sit around for a while. Noble gas cells need to be centrifuged in groups of 36 thereabouts, and you only get one cell every 53 liquid air, the way I see it, it'll be such a pain to get the noble gas products when I need them that I might as well make them now as a byproduct of my nitrogen processing (I'm pretty sure the byproducts are used in fusion, maybe something else, I don't know exactly what noble gas cells give you).

I too am about to start building an advanced miner, I feel like I'm a bit late to the draw though... It seems very energy intensive at 23,040 eu per block mined on average and only 1 ore block per 24 second without overclocking. That said, if you have the energy and lubricant, it averages at multiplying your ore output by 3x and includes universal maceration byproducts.
(I thought it only cost 17 titanium for the controller...)

Also, for reference. Ilirith, how advanced are you? I feel like you've been matching my progress pretty well :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I too am about to start building an advanced miner, I feel like I'm a bit late to the draw though... It seems very energy intensive at 23,040 eu per block mined on average and only 1 ore block per 24 second without overclocking. That said, if you have the energy and lubricant, it averages at multiplying your ore output by 3x and includes universal maceration byproducts.
Where did you get that number, out of curiosity? And are you using a european/etc convention that uses commas instead of decimals for decimals? (That's a thing annoyingly)

I don't recall spending anything like 23-thousand per block to mine. I ran mine on an MV diesel generator and it worked fine.

I

Ilirith

I hope you are right Pyure, else its gonna be a an expensive affair :p

And how advanced am i?
Well i do have a basic ME system, i gave up on Logistic pipes cause they suck balls.
I have Nichrome coils in my primary EBF, and Kanthal in my second EBF.
I'm primarily using MV Machinery, mostly because its too power intensive to use HV when they are forced to overclock so much, so i only use HV when necessary ( or when impatient :p )

I'm still using a Large Steam Turbine for a measly 157 EU/T to power some of my MV Machinery that aint running constantly, as well as to power my 2 HV macerators.
I do have HV chemical reactor, Assembler, Precision Laser, Forming Press and just built a HV polarizer as well ( needed for polarizing Neodynium rods ).
I have a QED and a non-upgraded Ender Quarry that i'm not really sure was worth the hassle to build :p
Also have a Vacuum Freezer, and currently i have about 300 mill EU saved up in unused nitrodiesel.

I'm, working on expanding my ME system so i can start autocrafting some more, currently i can only autocraft one thing a time ( only one Crafting Unit set up ) and its limited to patterns such as, Quartzite,Nether Quartz and Certus Quartz rods, as well as Steel ,Iron and Aluminium plates.
Also using ME to fill up a few basic electric furnaces with some basic impure dusts such as Chalchopyrite, Pyrite, Cassi, Tin and the likes.

I have a MV drill, but thats the only MV tool i got at the moment.
Other equipment wise, i have uhh, an electric jetpack ( really sucks, need something better SOON ) and uhh no armor, since i play on peaceful anyways ( i find monsters to be more of an annoyance than an added challenge, in fact, its harder to play on peaceful than not, with the lack of easy mob drops :p )

I've dabbled a bit in Thaumcraft, but haven't really used it for anything useful yet, just done some reasearching, not too keen on doing it too much as i've completed Thaumcraft before, tho it was in Infinity Skyblock, but it has alot of the same addons to TC as Infitech2 does.

This Advanced Miner will technically be my first EV machine i guess even though it wont be using EV energy ( Oh Heeellll Naaw, thats expensive! )

I hope this gives you an idea of where i am at =)

Reactions: General Ike
G

General Ike

Well the wiki says it's 48 eu/t, 1.2 seconds per cycle, and a 5% chance of mining a block per cycle, so isn't that 1.2*20*48/.05 -> 23,000eu per successfully mined block?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well the wiki says it's 48 eu/t, 1.2 seconds per cycle, and a 5% chance of mining a block per cycle, so isn't that 1.2*20*48/.05 -> 23,000eu per successfully mined block?
I missed the "successful" part, so yeah, you're right. That adds up. Good thing it doesn't mine stone then :)
23k per ore is still fairly decent, particularly when you consider that it gets partially processed as well (ore-multiplied/crushed)

I

Ilirith

Yea, the fact it ignores stuff i dont want, makes it far more worthwhile than anything else xD

I had made more titanium than needed to make the controller, or so i thought..

But i couldnt find it, so i had to make some more, and then when i go to take it out of the vacuum freezer, i find the other ones i made, that i had just forgotten to pick up -.- oh well, not i got some spare titanium again xD

Also, just finished the controller =)
Now i just need to make some more steel and get the casings and input/output stuff

I

Ilirith

Just making a drum of drilling fluid, then i'ma fire up my shiny new Advanced Miner 2 :)

Edit:

ITS ALIIIIVE *thunders in the background*

Now, i'l see how much it gets on 66 buckets worth of nitro and a drum worth of drilling lube

Edit again:

Its definitely not EU thats gonna be the problem, but damn, it consumes Drilling lube. 100mb per operation, and if it takes on average 20 operations per successfully mined block, thats 2 buckets of lube per mined block.

Currently i've used about 110 buckets of drilling lube and only a few buckets of Nitro diesel.

All the edits:

Done with first drum of drilling fluid,
Heres the result:
I used 5600mb of Nitro Diesel in a MV Diesel Generator
I used one full drum ( 256 buckets ) of Drilling Fluid.

Screenshot of output chest:
Q5dHOuh.png

Overall, not bad, especially considering it haven't reached the vein below it yet =)

Also, add in another 2 stacks or so of Stone dust, as i stole that for making more drilling fluid

Last edited:
G

General Ike

Lol, jeez, I thought that drilling fluid WAS lubricant, and I was like, "daang, I'm gonna burn through all my creosote and then have to set up an automated farm to make enough lubricant to keep this thing running". Thank goodness, my 46,000 lubricant from cracked heavy fuel is safe.

I

Ilirith

Haha, yea,
I had no lubricant at all, but i made about 15k mb of it, should last me a fair while.
Since 1 bucket of lubricant will net almost one full drum of drilling fluid =)

G

General Ike

So, I'm having an inordinately huge amount of difficulty fully automating my distillation tower with chemical reactors. I've figured that every time a reactor turns on to de-sulfur-ize the petroleum I can then immediately request 1 empty cell and 1 hydrogen cell from the central storage chest (the system is closed loop, so the chest is replenished by recovering the cells used in the beginning of the reaction). However, the tricky part is actually getting the redstone signal from the activity cover to do something. Since I have "VERY" little experience with storage/automation system mods (ie: AE or LP) maybe you all could offer me some insight.

Suggestion 1: Can I trigger a specific request in a logistic pipes system with a redstone signal? If so, please tell me how, then I might should be able to set up a system myself.

I

Ilirith

So, I'm having an inordinately huge amount of difficulty fully automating my distillation tower with chemical reactors. I've figured that every time a reactor turns on to de-sulfur-ize the petroleum I can then immediately request 1 empty cell and 1 hydrogen cell from the central storage chest (the system is closed loop, so the chest is replenished by recovering the cells used in the beginning of the reaction). However, the tricky part is actually getting the redstone signal from the activity cover to do something. Since I have "VERY" little experience with storage/automation system mods (ie: AE or LP) maybe you all could offer me some insight.

Suggestion 1: Can I trigger a specific request in a logistic pipes system with a redstone signal? If so, please tell me how, then I might should be able to set up a system myself.
I dont know about LP, i havent used that much, but i think i can think of a way to do it in AE2.

Basically, i would store the Empty cells and Hydrogen cells in the AE2 system instead of in a closed loop chest ( could be a small closed loop AE2 i guess ) and then i'd have an export bus with a Redstone Card inserted into it.
The main issue here might be that it would be hard to control so it only pull 1 of each, but i do think you can set amount to export in the bus, if so, then it should work fine.

Edit:

Just did a quick test,
Export busses with redstone card can be set to "Active once per pulse", then it will only export one item per pulse.
You would need a Redstone card for that and then a capacity card, else it can only export one type of item

Quick Edit:

For a small AE system, with at most 8 channels used, you dont need an actual ME Controller, you can use an Energy Acceptor instead :)
(it will save you some titanium that way then)

Last edited:
I

Ilirith

Just made my "proper" jetpack, the advanced electric one with 3mill EU storage.
Was starting to get tired of the 30k EU storage on the normal electric one :p

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of the necessary requirements for cross breeding IC2 plants anywhere? NEI is absolutely no help and it's too long of a grind to find out myself through trial and error.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list of the necessary requirements for cross breeding IC2 plants anywhere? NEI is absolutely no help and it's too long of a grind to find out myself through trial and error.
https://yadi.sk/d/Am26SVirsy88f
Probably this. Try "GT Crops. Калькулятор селекционера v1.6.zip" at first, then others. There is some russian language, but crops and other important stuff in english.
If its not what you looking for, sorry.

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
I found a calculator for finding child/parent plants, but the only option in the drop down menus are "including the implementation of javascript". AM I doing something wrong or is the whole thing bunk? Oh, and the rest is just statistics junk that I'm pretty sure I don't need, even with right click+translate it still made little sense anyway.

I

Ilirith

I am currently at a nice cozy point in this world, too cozy actually..
I currently have 6 drums full of nitro diesel, and producing more ofcourse, but i produce probably 10-15 times as much fuel as i actually use..
That will obviously change as i will consume more and more, but its so cozy that i have a hard time progressing because i know it will move away from this point where i can do MOST of what i want, without worrying about power, to a point where i can do Even more of what i want but might have power issues..

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
F U Gendustry. Make the mod tough, make it hard, but DON'T DESTROY MY SH*T. F your genetic waste crap.

BINNIE WHERE DID YOU GO, MODDED MINECRAFT NEEDS YOU BACK.

I had 2 Deep Hives and it ate both my Attuned Princesses, now I have to find another deep hive. GFY