[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
G

General Ike

Fun fact, Mercury baths are broken. I netted 8 stacks of Platinum with Mercury + Nickel. Now Adamantium my goto material when I need the most superior metal available for components (adamantium HV drill and now adamantium large turbine for that juicy 150% efficiency: 2x durability and +10% efficiency compared to tungstensteel).

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Got a bit of a dilemma rn. I've got 2 circuits at the moment and it'll be a while before I'll make more. Should I spend them on:

-An Alloy Smelter
-An Extractor
-A Chemical Reactor
-An Assembling Machine
-An Electric Furnace
-A Lathe
-An Auto Hammer

I

Ilirith

furnace, hammer, alloy smelter, and extractor you can do with the steam versions for a while more, so don't prioritise those

Edit:

the Assembling machine would be handy, but you won't be able to use it for much without spending an additional Circuit ( as you need to make an integrated circuit, by crafting a circuit by itself in a grid ).
Still the assembling machine is the one i would recommend, and then get that extra circuit so you can save a lot of rubber on cables :)

Last edited:

GoldBlockIngot

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh... feeling good. Got a biogas setup going, and even with a solid heat generator it doesn't burn through fuel nearly as fast, nor wastes potential energy like a steam boiler. Also got around the problem of charcoal.

Protip: If there's not enough room for a large tree farm, then make a large tree farm. That is, instead of a tree farm that covers a large area, make a farm for large trees. Firs are massive and easy to cut down with a treecapitating GT axe, and Rainbow Eucalyptus, while a little trickier to cut down due to the branches spreading everywhere, but are far easier to find since they grow everywhere. In both of these cases, you'll get 3.5-4 stacks of logs from just one tree.

And yes, modded logs/planks do seem to work with GT tools and machines.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Protip: If there's not enough room for a large tree farm, then make a large tree farm. That is, instead of a tree farm that covers a large area, make a farm for large trees. Firs are massive and easy to cut down with a treecapitating GT axe, and Rainbow Eucalyptus, while a little trickier to cut down due to the branches spreading everywhere, but are far easier to find since they grow everywhere. In both of these cases, you'll get 3.5-4 stacks of logs from just one tree.
If you cannot find Fir (sometimes they're tricky to find), Spruce are common and make a poor-man's substitute (2x2, no branches, but not as tall)

I

Ilirith

Yes Fir is by far the best, though i have my trees automated so i use Oak since it was easy and i needed apples at the time (i really. REALLY dont need them anymore :p ), and i only store 4-5k logs at a time in my AE system ( since i'm still relatively limited on storage cell space for now ).

G

General Ike

Redwood's been working for me nicely. That kept me going until mid MV tier when I finally found a coal vein.

Question: Is there some way to go into save data and manually advance the quests? Cause I'd like to keep up with them and reap the rewards, but it got bugged and stuck in the bronze age.

I

Ilirith

Not sure, HQM is in my opinion a horrible made mod.
Great concept and all that, but it got so many bugs that never were fixed ( and never will be, as the developer abandoned the 1.7.10 version of it as far as i know )
Not sure how the HQM Edit mode works, but it might have what you need.
Google your way to how to get the edit mode, as i dont know much about that :)

Now for my question :)p) :

Is there an easier way to make ME Cables ( the basic fluix ones ) than having to Lathe certus, nether or quartzite then wiremill the rods into Quartz Fiber and then make it into cables?

if using Quartzite for the fiber ( since certus is needed for so many more important things ), it takes 4 quartzite per fiber, and 3 fiber + some other stuff gives 3 cables...
Thats a lot of quartzite for only 3 cables :/

T

Tiphon

For some reason i see steeleaf, knightmetal and others metals from thaumcraft like this:
807d2aece0.jpg
d9200453d4.jpg

They have no texture and strange name.

I

Ilirith

I've honestly never used knightmetal, b it it doesn't look half bad! I tend to use cobalt myself, generally it's 51.2k durability and decent speed as well as tier 3... actually my cobalt MV drill is too fast for my taste, I don't really use it, thinkimg of disassembling it and making a slower one lol

G

General Ike

Haha, I went all out and made an HV Adamantium Drill (mining speed 90, durability over 2 billion). I almost disassembled it immediately because I could not safely break one block at a time, since it had a tendency to instantly break 2 blocks in one click. But then I downloaded an autoclicker, set its function to click once for a duration of 1 millisecond, then mapped to an unused mouse button. Now I have single block mode and stone-shredder mode.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Greg adds a Thaumcraft recipe for them (I'm not complaining, knightmetal is a brilliant material for making tools)
Minor point, but they aren't actually added by Greg. A lot were added by kirara and that script provided the basis of the InfiTech 2 scripts, though we ended up redoing most of the recipes to make them cheaper and adding a ton more changes anyway.

I

Ilirith

Was wondering, is there a better way to get Nitrogen than Centrifuging air into Nitrogen?
Reason i ask, is that my current problem with doing that, is the loss of Empty cells, since when i input compressed air in a machine one way or another, i lose the cell the compressed air was in :/

Edit:
Just figured out who the Fluid canner is a godsend :D

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Was wondering, is there a better way to get Nitrogen than Centrifuging air into Nitrogen?
Reason i ask, is that my current problem with doing that, is the loss of Empty cells, since when i input compressed air in a machine one way or another, i lose the cell the compressed air was in :/

Edit:
If memory serves, if you have a good ender pearl solution, ender pearl dust can be broken down into a few things such as nitrogen and, um, beryllium I believe.

G

General Ike

Edit:

Yeah, I had that same issue, I think it also happens with Water Cells, which I had to learn the hard way. Now I don't know all about your current situation, but if you have a vacuum freezer, I personally recommend vacuum freezing air into liquid air cells, then you can centrifuge the cells and avoid having to un-can them. You also start amassing Noble gas cells so you can eventually get Helium-3 and whatever other gases are in it.

I

Ilirith

Yeah, I had that same issue, I think it also happens with Water Cells, which I had to learn the hard way. Now I don't know all about your current situation, but if you have a vacuum freezer, I personally recommend vacuum freezing air into liquid air cells, then you can centrifuge the cells and avoid having to un-can them. You also start amassing Noble gas cells so you can eventually get Helium-3 and whatever other gases are in it.

I do have a Vacuum Freezer, since i needed that for my first batch of titanium ( and later Enderium, Nichrome and so on :), and BOY it was tough to build that freezer!)

If there is a good reason to stock up on the noble gasses, i might as well go do it that way, even though i just finished setting up a LV setup that creates nitrogen and puts it on drums >.>

Edit: and yes it also happens with Water cells.
I've lost a few stacks of cells from emptying water cells without checking if it worked, and probably 5+ stacks of cells on Air while knowing i lost em, because i didnt know if any other way to empty them :p

I

Ilirith

Is it just me, or is the Ender Quarry quite underwhelming with Gregtech ore generation?
Since veins only spawn in 7 layers or so, there is a lot of non productive mining done by an Ender Quarry...

Any better alternatives?
How good is the Advanced Miner 2 ?