[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to combine all the tiny dusts I get out of my ore washers? The packager always ends up clogged with like 3 tiny dusts or something, which it can't combine. I need it to only take in a full 9 tiny dusts, leaving smaller amounts. Is there a way to do this?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to combine all the tiny dusts I get out of my ore washers? The packager always ends up clogged with like 3 tiny dusts or something, which it can't combine. I need it to only take in a full 9 tiny dusts, leaving smaller amounts. Is there a way to do this?
chest buffer with screwdriver on output set to only export 9 items at the same time

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

This might seem obvious, but some tiny dusts are very rare. Have you had them stocked up until you get exactly enough of them to combine, then feed into the packager? Also, if I'm remembering things right, not all tiny dusts cam be combined in a packager, are you sure you didn't mess up and whitelist one that needed to go to a different machine?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Use a GT regulator, it stores up to a stack of nine distinct items and allows for a fixed number to input to another block. The tier only seems to set what kind of maximum voltage the block can take in, the operations seem to work just the same.

N

Navarin

chest buffer with screwdriver on output set to only export 9 items at the same time

This, plus upgrading to a super buffer once you get that tech. Not being able to see the inventory is a bit awkward, but it will hold all of your <9 size tiny dust stacks in one block.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
This, plus upgrading to a super buffer once you get that tech. Not being able to see the inventory is a bit awkward, but it will hold all of your <9 size tiny dust stacks in one block.
Hmmm, are you sure about this? I thought it could only hold one type of item.

H

Herrminator1994

Hmmm, are you sure about this? I thought it could only hold one type of item.
I have a super buffer that outputs stacks of 9 handling all my tiny dusts and most of my nuggets. Works reasonably well, though sometimes it causes a lot of tickrate lag for some reason.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I have a super buffer that outputs stacks of 9 handling all my tiny dusts and most of my nuggets. Works reasonably well, though sometimes it causes a lot of tickrate lag for some reason.
Nice to know. When i tried it, i saw only one slot so i assumed it was a 1-item (256 stack)

T

targetingyou78

I can tell i'm gonna love this option when i finally move on from Biogas and decide to convert Wood to Heavy Oil. Thanks for the tip :)

The irony is that i've been using a Flux Sword for ages and haven't thought about the axe.
Is converting the wood to oil more efficient than just turning it to coal / creosote and burning them both in large boilers?

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I've observed the tickrate lag as well, sometimes it gets quite heavy. The strange thing is it seems to be task dependent. Players on my server use some with absolutely no lag issues, but then some instances come up where the lag shows on a consistent basis.

T

targetingyou78

Heavy oil wins easily with the full processing line.
Good to know. Once I finish my setup... which has I've been working on for like 2 weeks, (Starting to think "if" I finish it, been playing less and less lately) I'll have start pumping out home grown oil :p

N

Navarin

For anyone interested in a very simple setup for automating a large turbine, here's what I did this morning.

OkLcEfl.png

Note about the build - you can do it 100% with vanilla redstone and GT, I just use a couple of other mods to make it significantly more compact.

Quantum Tank (LPG) -> LV Electric Pump -> Small Wooden Fluid Pipe -> Shutter/Machine Controller Combo set to "Open if Work Enabled" -> LV Fluid Regulator (5L/t for Large Ultimet Turbine). You can use any fluid storage, just attach the pump to the bottom of the Fluid Pipe instead of the tank below. EIO tank could remove the need for the pump entirely, but then you'd need a larger feeder tank to pull from for capacity reasons. This would work well if you were automating multiple large turbines from a Railcraft tank.

Each side of the battery buffer has an Energy Detector, set to Storage (with Batteries) and Inverted Storage (with batteries). Red Alloy wire from ProjectRed leads down to comparators from the same mod. The Dim Redcrystal from Automagy (powered from below by a lever) provides a constant 13 power signal to the sides of the comparators, only allowing signals through if the batteries are more than 13/15 full or less than 2/15 full respectively. The signals passed on are sent to an RS Latch that feeds the wireless transmitter than opens/closes the shutter feeding the turbine.

Note the microblocks below the battery buffer - those are necessary to prevent the red alloy wire from reading the dim redcrystal.

Question to people who know more about GT than I do - does the turbine take extra damage from choking the input?

EDIT for bonus thought about the setup: You could totally use two input hatches (which I do anyway because I'm cheap) to automate both methane and LPG in the same turbines. Just have some redstone logic reading from Railcraft tanks (or Bedrockium drums, or whatever) to control which shutter to open. Since you'll use two fluid regulators, just set them based on the correct fluid.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For anyone interested in a very simple setup for automating a large turbine, here's what I did this morning.

Note about the build - you can do it 100% with vanilla redstone and GT, I just use a couple of other mods to make it significantly more compact.

Quantum Tank (LPG) -> LV Electric Pump -> Small Wooden Fluid Pipe -> Shutter/Machine Controller Combo set to "Open if Work Enabled" -> LV Fluid Regulator (5L/t for Large Ultimet Turbine). You can use any fluid storage, just attach the pump to the bottom of the Fluid Pipe instead of the tank below. EIO tank could remove the need for the pump entirely, but then you'd need a larger feeder tank to pull from for capacity reasons. This would work well if you were automating multiple large turbines from a Railcraft tank.

Each side of the battery buffer has an Energy Detector, set to Storage (with Batteries) and Inverted Storage (with batteries). Red Alloy wire from ProjectRed leads down to comparators from the same mod. The Dim Redcrystal from Automagy (powered from below by a lever) provides a constant 13 power signal to the sides of the comparators, only allowing signals through if the batteries are more than 13/15 full or less than 2/15 full respectively. The signals passed on are sent to an RS Latch that feeds the wireless transmitter than opens/closes the shutter feeding the turbine.

Note the microblocks below the battery buffer - those are necessary to prevent the red alloy wire from reading the dim redcrystal.

Question to people who know more about GT than I do - does the turbine take extra damage from choking the input?

EDIT for bonus thought about the setup: You could totally use two input hatches (which I do anyway because I'm cheap) to automate both methane and LPG in the same turbines. Just have some redstone logic reading from Railcraft tanks (or Bedrockium drums, or whatever) to control which shutter to open. Since you'll use two fluid regulators, just set them based on the correct fluid.
Nice stuff Navarin. If you scroll back in this thread far enough you'll occassionally see my put up my own weird RS Latch builds.

I've actually decided to do an OpenComputers version in my currently world. It means digging into PneumaticCraft a bit, but for some reason I sometimes (rarely) find my Latch builds invert signals somewhere somehow. Like once a week or something.

I like your build, its really compact.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
- crop -
Your turbine item should last around 71 hours runtime, the turbine item should only take damage depending on the actual output of the large turbine, but I admit I have not looked into what the code says. :)

H

Herrminator1994

Is it possible to do wall-sharing with gas turbines? I haven't yet come up with a design that works, and I'm not sure if it's not possible or if I'm missing something.