[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Now that I get into thgaumcraft and alchemy, any good setup and regends for metal transformation?
Also for pickaxes and so one which metal is recomended? Cobalt?

N

Navarin

Unless you need the Level 3 mining, Damascus Steel makes a much better pickaxe (and every other tool) than cobalt. 1 Lever + 1 Glass + 1 ordo (candleberry, cactus green, beeswax) is one Damascus Steel nugget. Also, Damascus steel swords have Sharpness V and two shot unarmored mobs on normal difficulty.

I turned saplings into cactus green for ordo for a while, but eventually just building 100 or so blocks of candleberry farm is just easier. If you're into bees it's even easier, either Pam's bees (are they still in the game?) or Forestry.

Reactions: Dentvar
U

UNG_God

Liquefied Petroleum Gas.

okay i guess, it still burns on the gas turbine, different opinions on the author, according to GregoriusT on a long time ago, biogas is more a diesel fuel than actually gas.
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with GregTech pipes, and I'm wondering if any of you have solutions.
I've had this issue as well. I think it's damage value 2502 and 2512? If memory serves. Really annoying because they don't stack and one of them, the randomly occurring one, can't be electrolyzed for chrome.

the reason is simple, there is two types of ruby, a real one and a fake.

A

Alven4

Now that I get into thgaumcraft and alchemy, any good setup and regends for metal transformation?
Also for pickaxes and so one which metal is recomended? Cobalt?
Use knightmetal for every tool. Knight metal is cheap, has great durability and is tier 3, you need 1 praecantatio and 2 tutamen per nugget. You can obtain tutamen from granite (all granite has it, even the chisel one that is easy to mine). Praecantatio can be obtained from greatwood logs (1 per 1 log).

Reactions: Dentvar
T

targetingyou78

THIS JUST IN: Using transvector interfaces can save you a ton of pipes / conduits when doing your Oil Refinery process. At first I was like... hmm why don't I just put one here to make it a little simpler... then by then end I was like... hmm everything is within the transvector interfaces range... why don't I just do the whole thing without fluid conduits.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Use knightmetal for every tool. Knight metal is cheap, has great durability and is tier 3, you need 1 praecantatio and 2 tutamen per nugget. You can obtain tutamen from granite (all granite has it, even the chisel one that is easy to mine). Praecantatio can be obtained from greatwood logs (1 per 1 log).
little known fact: calcium also has tutamen. Depending on what you've been processing, you can accumulate lots of calcium quickly.

THIS JUST IN: Using transvector interfaces can save you a ton of pipes / conduits when doing your Oil Refinery process. At first I was like... hmm why don't I just put one here to make it a little simpler... then by then end I was like... hmm everything is within the transvector interfaces range... why don't I just do the whole thing without fluid conduits.
I'd like to see an example of how you're using transvector interfaces

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO Pressurized Conduit liquid bug.

So i have Pressurized Conduit here and there (connect or not) and have 0 Lubricrant left anywhere (i ran out a week or so ago and was too lazy to make some more.) Now i logged on about a hour ago, everything was fine. I login 5 minutes ago, my whole Liquid Power system (Biogas) has been alted because i suddenly have a fucking magic 14MB of Lubricant in all my Biogas conduit system. Now this is not the first time this happened to me as it used to do it with Water back when i wouldn't Liquid trash my Distillation Tower water.

My questions are as follow:

1) Did it ever happen to some of you?
2) Does it happen with Gregtech fluid pipe?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO Pressurized Conduit liquid bug.My questions are as follow:

Happens all the time to me, but then again I had conduits so thick down in my Distillation Tower floor that pretty much every fluid conduit was forced to run side-by-side with other fluid conduits... and you can imagine how easy it is in such an environment to get the wrong fluid into the wrong conduit by mistake.

But here's the thing... the fluid really can't mess anything up too bad. Fluids don't mix, so as you've seen, the worst that can happen is it clogs up a production line and brings it to a halt. Bad? Yes of course. Tragic, like a base explosion? Hardly. :)

All I do is keep a good eye on my conduits and machines. You only have to watch for those first few hours after placing new conduit runs, any mix-ups will happen quickly. And if a mix-up occurs, all I do is drop a Drum on the line, the fluid which is "stuck" inside the conduit will be very relieved to now have a place to go, and will enter the drum, which clears the line almost instantly. Then the line fills up with the proper fluid and I can rest easy. Or, sometimes, the fluid actually makes it inside a machine. This is a bigger problem, but only because it's now a "hidden" problem which might not crop up until that machine turns on for some reason and somehow suddenly ejects that fluid into your pipes (probably what happened to you with lubricant somehow).

The only time I have these conduit problems is when I move a machine or change a conduit's location to accommodate something else I'm doing. If conduits are empty, they will connect together, and then if fluid comes thru one of the conduits before I get a chance to wrench them to disconnect that inadvertant connection, I have to drop everything and fix the mess I just made. LOL It sucks, yeah, but it's correctable.

I have no idea if GT fluid pipes have this problem, because for me they have a far bigger problem and I refuse to use them (the problem being inconsistent, unreliable flow).

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So! Question: I've got my Mark I Fusion Reactor. I want to make Europium, so I have all the energy hatches installed to increase the EU buffer to 159M EU. Fully charge it. I also have 2 IV battery buffers connected to 2 of the hatches, each with 2 lapotronic orbs in each. (So, for a total of 4 orbs.) This should deliver 2A each, right? So for a total of 4 IV amps, at 32 000 EU/t or so. The Europium recipe needs 24 000 EU/t, but the buffer on the reactor drains and then the operation stops. Anyone know why? What am I doing wrong?

I'm interested in the answer to this, except I don't think anybody responded.

I developed a plan today, tell me if this sounds correct please? The recipe for making Europium says its 24576 EU/t for 3 seconds. Ignoring the part about the big initial energy surge required to start the Fusion reaction, some quick math reveals that 24576 = 6144*4, and that in turn reveals that Europium can be made nonstop if I run four Large Diesel Engines with oxygen feed. That's do-able! Right? If I don't have enough titanium for four Diesel Engines, I'll just mine another Bauxite vein until I do. I certainly have enough Nitro-Diesel, working on my third Bedrockium Drum of the stuff (which I find hard to believe but I've actually done it lol).

So I guess all I really need now is to figure out how to make this Mark I Fusion Reaction. What is the biggest "uncommon" material I will need, is it Osmium? And I get that from the Platinum sludge that comes from Chalcopyrite and Pentlandite ores, is that correct? So my main task at this point should be making that Platinum sludge group for the tiny osmium dusts, is that right? Are there any other "rare" materials I'll also need? Such as Naquadah? I haven't even gone to the End yet, so I probably need to know if I gotta get there and start mining that stuff.

Math Edit: I guess I don't really need four Large Diesel Engines... all I really need is 24576/8192 = 3 amps of IV? I already have one 4-Battery Buffer Box at IV tier with 4 Lapotron Orbs so maybe I'm already ready for fusion, power-wise? Will I have to up-convert that power into LuV using a GT Transformer?

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Happens all the time to me, but then again I had conduits so thick down in my Distillation Tower floor that pretty much every fluid conduit was forced to run side-by-side with other fluid conduits... and you can imagine how easy it is in such an environment to get the wrong fluid into the wrong conduit by mistake.

But here's the thing... the fluid really can't mess anything up too bad. Fluids don't mix, so as you've seen, the worst that can happen is it clogs up a production line and brings it to a halt. Bad? Yes of course. Tragic, like a base explosion? Hardly. :)

All I do is keep a good eye on my conduits and machines. You only have to watch for those first few hours after placing new conduit runs, any mix-ups will happen quickly. And if a mix-up occurs, all I do is drop a Drum on the line, the fluid which is "stuck" inside the conduit will be very relieved to now have a place to go, and will enter the drum, which clears the line almost instantly. Then the line fills up with the proper fluid and I can rest easy. Or, sometimes, the fluid actually makes it inside a machine. This is a bigger problem, but only because it's now a "hidden" problem which might not crop up until that machine turns on for some reason and somehow suddenly ejects that fluid into your pipes (probably what happened to you with lubricant somehow).

The only time I have these conduit problems is when I move a machine or change a conduit's location to accommodate something else I'm doing. If conduits are empty, they will connect together, and then if fluid comes thru one of the conduits before I get a chance to wrench them to disconnect that inadvertant connection, I have to drop everything and fix the mess I just made. LOL It sucks, yeah, but it's correctable.

I have no idea if GT fluid pipes have this problem, because for me they have a far bigger problem and I refuse to use them (the problem being inconsistent, unreliable flow).
Unless the line in question that gets stopped up is a coolant line for a reactor...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
EnderIO Pressurized Conduit liquid bug.

So i have Pressurized Conduit here and there (connect or not) and have 0 Lubricrant left anywhere (i ran out a week or so ago and was too lazy to make some more.) Now i logged on about a hour ago, everything was fine. I login 5 minutes ago, my whole Liquid Power system (Biogas) has been alted because i suddenly have a fucking magic 14MB of Lubricant in all my Biogas conduit system. Now this is not the first time this happened to me as it used to do it with Water back when i wouldn't Liquid trash my Distillation Tower water.

My questions are as follow:

I've had this happen to me in my nuclear setups. I can't explain it, except that my best guess is that sometimes when chunks are reloaded the pipes may make errant joins on blocks/conduits they shouldn't and end up ingesting improper fluids.

In my nuclear setups I tend to create an "escape" valve for the errant liquids. Just a filtered output where liquids can go to be voided or redirected elsewhere.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Math Edit: I guess I don't really need four Large Diesel Engines... all I really need is 24576/8192 = 3 amps of IV? I already have one 4-Battery Buffer Box at IV tier with 4 Lapotron Orbs so maybe I'm already ready for fusion, power-wise? Will I have to up-convert that power into LuV using a GT Transformer?

I didnt get a chance to look up the recipe cost to verify for sure, but using your math you are almost golden. You just have to factor in lose (from cables, the buffer, etc), so even though your outputting enough, youll be just shy by the time you have it imputed.

I went the mass fabrication route for osmium. I run two LV mass fabs with one replicator dedicated to it. Without amplifier i make about 7 osmium per day with that setup, amplifier speeds that up quite a bit though. My sludge setup was even slower, but it was mainly LV (retired the sludge setup).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt get a chance to look up the recipe cost to verify for sure, but using your math you are almost golden. You just have to factor in lose (from cables, the buffer, etc), so even though your outputting enough, youll be just shy by the time you have it imputed.

I went the mass fabrication route for osmium. I run two LV mass fabs with one replicator dedicated to it. Without amplifier i make about 7 osmium per day with that setup, amplifier speeds that up quite a bit though. My sludge setup was even slower, but it was mainly LV (retired the sludge setup).

So UUmatter replication isn't quite the big project that I'm used to it being? On other modpacks I've had to build a wall - literally, a wall, like 192 total - of Recyclers to make enough scrapboxes to feed into the mass fabricators. That's pretty much why I haven't given much thought to that method, but you make it sound nice and easy. :)

And I just used up most of my Sapphires and made 160 Lapotron Crystals... so I'll pretty much have however many of the Lapotron Orbs that I could possibly need to run the Fusion Reactor. My biggest problem is gonna be learning how to build it. I guess like all Multiblocks, I have to work on the Controller block, solely so I can make the book for it and then learn what other blocks I'll need to finish it off.

In my nuclear setups I tend to create an "escape" valve for the errant liquids. Just a filtered output where liquids can go to be voided or redirected elsewhere.

Yeah, if there is ANY possibility of a very damaging consequence, there is NO WAY I would ever let two conduits get within one block of each other, altho perhaps the input/output locations on a multiblock could force such a situation. That's what I deal with on the Distillation Tower, with up to 5 Output Hatches side by side. At least you can stagger the conduits so they never are adjacent, but it quickly becomes a real mess with conduits going every which way. LOL

I often wish, for safety purposes, that fluid conduits would only connect together if you specifically told them to do so (with the wrench). But then placing conduits would always be a tedious task, its a tradeoff.

Last edited:

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to ask something. I finally started messing around with fluid reactors and cycling coolant cells, but I'm in a pinch. I don't understand how the fuzzy card works, no matter how much I've experimented with it. Could anyone kindly care to explain it?

E.g. Most recently I tried using the fuzzy import bus to pull the <25% durability 360k coolant cells out, with the specification being a 1% durability coolant cell and splitting the damage at 25%. However, the import bus pulls the coolant cells out once they reach 75% durability and not 25%.

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, if there is ANY possibility of a very damaging consequence, there is NO WAY I would ever let two conduits get within one block of each other, altho perhaps the input/output locations on a multiblock could force such a situation. That's what I deal with on the Distillation Tower, with up to 5 Output Hatches side by side. At least you can stagger the conduits so they never are adjacent, but it quickly becomes a real mess with conduits going every which way. LOL

I often wish, for safety purposes, that fluid conduits would only connect together if you specifically told them to do so (with the wrench). But then placing conduits would always be a tedious task, its a trade off.
My conduits were not actually touching nor were they even near one another. After looking further, I've noticed that i did had some Lubricant left in a single block conduit connected to my Cutting Saw. Although between that conduit and my Biogas Power line, there are 4 machines block with no conduit in between. As @Pyure stated, it's probably a glitch when the chunks load. Which is why i was asking if GT Fluid pipes had a similar glitch.

I'm also asking about GT pipes because i was thinking of refitting my whole base with GT Item/Fluid Pipe (a mutual agreement between my friend and I to try and reduce the lag toll on the server due to massive conduits usage.)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also asking about GT pipes because i was thinking of refitting my whole base with GT Item/Fluid Pipe (a mutual agreement between my friend and I to try and reduce the lag toll on the server due to massive conduits usage.)

I'm not a "tech" guy, I don't do programming, but my intuition tells me you'd be going backwards, not going forwards, because I feel like you would have much more lag with GT fluid pipes due to how much calculating must be occurring between each pipe section, because fluids can "slosh" back and forth endlessly, and just think of how that must occur in the software, via constant calculations, many more than Ender IO conduit must be performing in my uninformed opinion. More calculations means (potentially) more lag.

Oh, and yeah, I had a weird glitch too the other day where my Steve's Cart suddenly disappeared, vanished, in the middle of the night, after working perfect for at least 2 months straight. The only explanation anyone could really offer was "possible chunk glitch"... so perhaps this modpack has gotten infected with a "chunk-glitch bug"? I'm half-joking. haha

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not a "tech" guy, I don't do programming, but my intuition tells me you'd be going backwards, not going forwards, because I feel like you would have much more lag with GT fluid pipes due to how much calculating must be occurring between each pipe section (fluids can "slosh" back and forth endlessly, and just think of how that must occur in the software, via constant calculations, many more than Ender IO conduit must be performing in my uninformed opinion).
I suspect GT pipes are pretty harmless lag-wise. The "sloshing" effect is mostly a result of the fewer calculations that are happening, and they dont even happen every tick iirc (few times a second or some thing maybe)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not a "tech" guy, I don't do programming, but my intuition tells me you'd be going backwards, not going forwards, because I feel like you would have much more lag with GT fluid pipes due to how much calculating must be occurring between each pipe section, because fluids can "slosh" back and forth endlessly, and just think of how that must occur in the software, via constant calculations, many more than Ender IO conduit must be performing in my uninformed opinion. More calculations means (potentially) more lag.

Oh, and yeah, I had a weird glitch too the other day where my Steve's Cart suddenly disappeared, vanished, in the middle of the night, after working perfect for at least 2 months straight. The only explanation anyone could really offer was "possible chunk glitch"... so perhaps this modpack has gotten infected with a "chunk-glitch bug"? I'm half-joking. haha
That "Sloshing" can easily be prevented by using Shutters. So that's no problem :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
That "Sloshing" can sortaeasily be prevented by using Shutters. So that's no problem :)
ftfy

Yeah the shutters can help a bit, but unless you want to use shutters on every segment, with multiple at forks, its still kind of a silly solution to either lag or logistics ;)

(I'm find with GT pipes in scenarios where I don't care about the throughput, or I know the system's going to be very pressurized all the time)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
ftfy

Yeah the shutters can help a bit, but unless you want to use shutters on every segment, with multiple at forks, its still kind of a silly solution to either lag or logistics ;)

(I'm find with GT pipes in scenarios where I don't care about the throughput, or I know the system's going to be very pressurized all the time)
Where's the problem in using shutters on every segment :p Personnally, if it avoid lag all together or decently help reducing it, then i'm fine with that. However, if you say that it won't make much difference then i probably won't bother because we all know how much ressources and time this would take :p