[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to do wall-sharing with gas turbines? I haven't yet come up with a design that works, and I'm not sure if it's not possible or if I'm missing something.
I believe I've seen a setup by @Joel Falk before where he wall-shared with three large turbines by stacking them on top of each other and placing the controller blocks on opposite sides so the connected textures don't conflict.

Edit: found it. http://prntscr.com/b6yp21

N

Navarin

-snip-
I've actually decided to do an OpenComputers version in my currently world. It means digging into PneumaticCraft a bit, but for some reason I sometimes (rarely) find my Latch builds invert signals somewhere somehow. Like once a week or something.
-snip-

I've been looking for something to do lately, maybe OpenComputers will let me put off building a little longer. The mod kind of intimidates me (even without the Greg'd recipes) but I know I'll enjoy it once have knowledge to use it.

Though I really should get onto building. Thinking about Tungstensteel production for Ender fluid conduits to clean up my piping around my distillation tower is silly when I'm still in 1x2 chunk and 2x2 chunk cobble/oak slab shelters. So much progression, so little time to build.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Thinking about Tungstensteel production for Ender fluid conduits to clean up my piping around my distillation tower is silly when I'm still in 1x2 chunk and 2x2 chunk cobble/oak slab shelters. So much progression, so little time to build.

Why is it silly? I am not able to build something better then a 9x9 as often as I need to expend. Each time I try I end up making a rectancular room since it practical for machine setups and then I try to put something fancy outside.
After one day of beeing "crative" I realise that it still locks shit...
Then I rage quit for 2 days.
Then I come back... build a other 9x9 cobble (maybe chisel them) and then start progressing without beeing a creative builder.

Edit: by now I reached th point were I skip the first points and directly go to a 9x9 chissel cobblestone room

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've been looking for something to do lately, maybe OpenComputers will let me put off building a little longer. The mod kind of intimidates me (even without the Greg'd recipes) but I know I'll enjoy it once have knowledge to use it.

Though I really should get onto building. Thinking about Tungstensteel production for Ender fluid conduits to clean up my piping around my distillation tower is silly when I'm still in 1x2 chunk and 2x2 chunk cobble/oak slab shelters. So much progression, so little time to build.
i'm never going to get away from my cobble base so I try not to worry about it :)

I'm using Logistics Pipes for my distillation towers and I'm finding it works rather well. Cheaper than Ender Fluid Conduits too (though not, strictly speaking, cheap)

The towers output slowly enough that you shouldn't really need the top-tier conduits btw.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
i'm never going to get away from my cobble base so I try not to worry about it :)

I'm using Logistics Pipes for my distillation towers and I'm finding it works rather well. Cheaper than Ender Fluid Conduits too (though not, strictly speaking, cheap)

The towers output slowly enough that you shouldn't really need the top-tier conduits btw.
Ender fluid pipes biggest advantage is they can Transfer diferentes liquiets at the same time. So its allow very clean builds

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure
U

UNG_God

For anyone interested in a very simple setup for automating a large turbine, here's what I did this morning.

I am not trying to demote your build, i am just asking, is this all just for a redstone system to stop the large turbine? because when i saw the "automate a large steam turbine" i was thinking about the rotor.

quantum Tank (LPG) -> LV Electric Pump -> Small Wooden Fluid Pipe

wait a minute, a gas passing a wooden pipe?! that should not be possible.

H

Herrminator1994

My refinery system is a total mess, but it works so I don't care :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ender fluid pipes biggest advantage Os they can Transfer diferentes liquiets at the same time. So its allow very clean builds
Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk
Woops good point.

I am not trying to demote your build, i am just asking, is this all just for a redstone system to stop the large turbine? because when i saw the "automate a large steam turbine" i was thinking about the rotor.
Its a smart on-off latch for the turbine. Its not really a good idea to make it simply-redstone based because then you have constant on-off problems, especially when the turbine is your primary energy source. (Turbines have spin up/spindown. ) Its smarter to do something like "Turn on my turbine when my power is at 20%, turn it off again when we're at 90%".

Good point. Also, reminds me how much I really really love the tiny plastic pipes.

N

Navarin

As Pyure said, it's a system to turn the turbine on at 20% battery and off at 86.7% battery capacity in tandem with ensuring optimal flow 100% of the time. I wouldn't try to automate repairing a turbine as even if I could manage it, it would be an exploit.

Why would it be a problem? LPG = Liquefied Petroleum Gas, or Propane. Has a heat of 295K, wooden pipes have a heat capacity of 350K.

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

Its a smart on-off latch for the turbine. Its not really a good idea to make it simply-redstone based because then you have constant on-off problems, especially when the turbine is your primary energy source. (Turbines have spin up/spindown. ) Its smarter to do something like "Turn on my turbine when my power is at 20%, turn it off again when we're at 90%".

well i use a double storage for energy one small like 4 slots and a bigger one (9 slot or higher tier), so when the small one is not full it run fuel to all boilers until it is full, them all excess power from left fuel is going to fill the larger one (together with any passive energy source) until certain point it can, and stay stand by until it is required again.

Why would it be a problem? LPG = Liquified Petroleum Gas, or Propane. Has a heat of 295K, wooden pipes have a heat capacity of 350K.

the problem is not the heat , but it being a gas, try to pass oxygen hydrogen or other gases on wooden pipes, just dont do steam.

T

targetingyou78

Holy Cow does heavy oil result into a lot of EU! Also, on the refinery spreadsheet, is the power generated from sulfuric acid the power that can be made turning the sulfuric acid into batteries?

H

Herrminator1994

Holy Cow does heavy oil result into a lot of EU! Also, on the refinery spreadsheet, is the power generated from sulfuric acid the power that can be made turning the sulfuric acid into batteries?
Yes, that's correct. I believe that spreadsheet actually understates the amount of EU you can generate. The cracker can be fed hydrogen for a 30% bonus output, large gas turbines have an efficiency multiplier that can get up to 160%, and 130%-140% is available midgame. The large diesel engine gives, I believe, a 50% efficiency bonus if fed oxygen. My base is currently fed from a mix of pumped light oil and pyrolyzed heavy oil, generating about an amp of IV from a couple of gas turbines and a diesel engine.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having a problem with GregTech pipes, and I'm wondering if any of you have solutions.

QLwtW9t.png

I think the issue is related to the pipes "locking." Sometimes, a purified ore, say ruby, will ignore the fact that the top left path is restricted, and go there anyway even when a shorter path is open (the gem clean crushed ores path). I can't figure out how to get around this. Is restricted pipe just useless?

So, looks like this particular issue at least was due not to the pipes, but due to clean ruby dust having two different potential damage values (???). I updated the filter to the ruby ore I have now and it's working.

Last edited:
N

Navarin

50% efficiency on diesel engine is correct. It consumes 100% more fuel and generates 200% more power, or 2x and 3x if that's easier to understand. Total of 6144 EU/t. As someone else (can't remember who) said earlier in the thread...it's beefy.

I'm having a problem with the tricorder. The first time I click on a battery buffer, it gives me the correct total EU. Subsequent times the number doesn't change, even if I take batteries out entirely. Anyone have any ideas? Energy detector covers still work fine.

H

Herrminator1994

50% efficiency on diesel engine is correct. It consumes 100% more fuel and generates 200% more power, or 2x and 3x if that's easier to understand. Total of 6144 EU/t. As someone else (can't remember who) said earlier in the thread...it's beefy.

I'm having a problem with the tricorder. The first time I click on a battery buffer, it gives me the correct total EU. Subsequent times the number doesn't change, even if I take batteries out entirely. Anyone have any ideas? Energy detector covers still work fine.
Think that was me, shortly after building it. My power jumped from 2600Eu/t to 8700Eu/t with a single machine, and I can now run my EBF's at a 100% duty cycle processing titanium, tungsten, and tungsten steel for my reactor complex.

N

Navarin

So, looks like this particular issue at least was due not to the pipes, but due to clean ruby dust having two different potential damage values (???). I updated the filter to the ruby ore I have now and it's working.

I've had this issue as well. I think it's damage value 2502 and 2512? If memory serves. Really annoying because they don't stack and one of them, the randomly occurring one, can't be electrolyzed for chrome.