[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
After my Steve's Cart vanished into thin air the other day, I've since switched over to Ender IO farming station and ran it for the first time just now. Wow, it used up a GT axe made from HSS-E in less than 10 minutes. That's the highest durability axe I can make using GregTech except for Neutronium. Suddenly, having to spend 2 or 3 diamonds per day for all my wood/steam needs doesn't seem so bad after all! When I dropped the axe into the Farming Station, I said to myself "I hope this lasts at least two real days, otherwise..." Yeah. 15 minutes. Sweet. If there's one complaint I have about GT tools, it would be the speed that axes wear down, it's always been ridiculously fast, way too fast in my opinion.

Ah well, wasting 3 HSS-E ingots all in the name of science is just part of the journey I suppose... life will go on. LOL
Healing axe?

I haven't tried it in a Farming Station admittedly, but that's probably the best option if it works.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

After my Steve's Cart vanished into thin air the other day, I've since switched over to Ender IO farming station and ran it for the first time just now. Wow, it used up a GT axe made from HSS-E in less than 10 minutes. That's the highest durability axe I can make using GregTech except for Neutronium. Suddenly, having to spend 2 or 3 diamonds per day for all my wood/steam needs doesn't seem so bad after all! When I dropped the axe into the Farming Station, I said to myself "I hope this lasts at least two real days, otherwise..." Yeah. 15 minutes. Sweet. If there's one complaint I have about GT tools, it would be the speed that axes wear down, it's always been ridiculously fast, way too fast in my opinion.

Ah well, wasting 3 HSS-E ingots all in the name of science is just part of the journey I suppose... life will go on. LOL
the best axe to use in the eIO farming station is the fully upgraded dark steel axe, with an enchant if you can manage it, and wireless recharging aswell, lasts longer than GT tools :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
the best axe to use in the eIO farming station is the fully upgraded dark steel axe, with an enchant if you can manage it, and wireless recharging aswell, lasts longer than GT tools :)

Oh, I didn't think the Wireless Charger would charge up a tool that's inside the machine. Thanks, I'll try that. And yeah, it might be because I didn't full upgrade the Dark Steel Axe. I added the Vibrant Crystal but I didn't want to "waste" an Octadic Capacitor on it if it wasn't gonna help. Now that you tell me it does help, I'll put one in and add Unbreaking III as well (I didn't have the 22 XP levels required for that previously, and the Dark Axe was depleted quickly which is why I tried a GT HSS-E axe at that point).

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I didn't think the Wireless Charger would charge up a tool that's inside the machine. Thanks, I'll try that. And yeah, it might be because I didn't full upgrade the Dark Steel Axe. I added the Vibrant Crystal but I didn't want to "waste" an Octadic Capacitor on it if it wasn't gonna help. Now that you tell me it does help, I'll put one in and add Unbreaking III as well (I didn't have the 22 XP levels required for that previously, and the Dark Axe was depleted quickly which is why I tried a GT HSS-E axe at that point).
That's the method i;ve been using for ages (Dark Steel Axe & Dark Shear max level with Unbreaking III). I get my Biogas from the leaf and the wood well i haven't had to use it yet because i get my oil from Crops. But another method you could use would be Stone Axe (Cobblestone is free and stick are gotten from your farm.) You simply need to automate the stone axe production using a Adv. MK II crafting table and voilà.

pk11

Jul 29, 2019
My farming station uses stone axes that are made in a eio crafter which is supplied by a thaumic stone extruder for cobble and a lathe that turns saplings into sticks.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
The flux-infused axe can be used in the farming station as well. That one you dont have to worry about charging or replacing

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
The flux-infused axe can be used in the farming station as well. That one you dont have to worry about charging or replacing
I can tell i'm gonna love this option when i finally move on from Biogas and decide to convert Wood to Heavy Oil. Thanks for the tip :)

The irony is that i've been using a Flux Sword for ages and haven't thought about the axe.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
finding little space lately to actually play, but got a lot of spare time on the smartphone to research stuff. So I wondered if a more thuamcraft focus start is a good idea. I saw a lot of "good to know" hinds over the web that talk about creating steel with alchemy and other things.
Since I did not used thaumcraft for a while, I wanted to ask if any of you have a good guide for it or even better a recomended lets play of some one doing it directly in infitech. I don´t care to get spoiled of what thaumcraft is able to do.. I progressed fairly deep into it some time ago... my memory is just failing :)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Heres a few things I've found rather useful. Tried all except two; still LV era, and I don't have endless zombies in my workshop.

If you can scrounge enough gold for an early thaumatorium, you can easily transmute metal into almost any other metal. Including alloys- which'll mean any metal source will suit your needs, rather than spend ages hunting down a tin vein.
Use gold coins as lucrum- you'll get 3 nuggets instead of smelting them for 1.
Wheather you consider the forming press an exploit or not is up to yourself- personally I think its thematically appropriate to produce counterfeit coins for the sake of greed.
You can also make a rather useful cobble gen (stone extruder), and easily crank out useful building materials like glass and quarried stone. If you have tenebrae you can make abyssal stone- useful for railcraft boilers. (not useful for building- tenebrae is a pain in bulk quantity).
Its worth grabbing all the transmutation recipes; quartz, (slimeballs, clay, inksacks ect might be useful).
Alumentum is a decent fuel source, but you can also make coal coke.
You can automatically fill buckets with lava. Later on you can (MV) centrifuge it into metals- giving a source of metellum from some very accessible essentia. (you can also extract piles of rare earth metals if you get into beekeeping)
Alchemical boiler is a good source of aqua essentia.
A tiny pile of anything contains 1 perdetio; ash, wood pulp, and stone dust can be put to good use here.
You can make zTones garden soil- which gives you farming without a water source nearby. (giving rise to your first fully automatic fuel supply via vanilla-esque piston harvesting)
Alechemical steel is useful, requires more expensive materials than the BBF, but overall uses significantly less metal. A few vanilla hoppers can make for a gravity-fed automatic system thats very cheap to run.
The infernal furnace runs fairly quickly when boosted with ignis.
If you're feeling particularly ballsy, you can move a bunch of sinister nodes under your workshop area, and harvest endless zombies.

Reactions: Pyure and Dentvar
A

Alven4

Does anyone have self-sustainable (producing more EU per fuel rod than is required to create fuel rod in replicator or from combs) IC2 reactor?

H

Herrminator1994

Does anyone have self-sustainable (producing more EU per fuel rod than is required to create fuel rod in replicator or from combs) IC2 reactor?
Once you can make a reactor, you can also make an advanced miner II. Drop one of those on a uranium vein and you're good for a long time.

Reactions: targetingyou78
N

Navarin

I... I think I have a problem.

I just crafted a Maintenance Hatch without using NEI.

Send help?

And then ragequit because I was temporarily cramming transformers behind my EBF to not overclock ultimet and didn't pay attention to my diesel generator having a clear view of a very rainy sky. Which is why I'm here. >_>

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I... I think I have a problem.

I just crafted a Maintenance Hatch without using NEI.

Send help?

And then ragequit because I was temporarily cramming transformers behind my EBF to not overclock ultimet and didn't pay attention to my diesel generator having a clear view of a very rainy sky. Which is why I'm here. >_>
I craft them without NEI all the time. (autocrafting !!)

I know the problem with exploding machines. I accidently blew up my polyethylen assembler, alloy smelter and the power supply to my me system today :(
I had another energy acceptor but it was in my offline me system. Fixing it was "fun"

Reactions: Navarin

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I craft them without NEI all the time. (autocrafting !!)

I know the problem with exploding machines. I accidently blew up my polyethylen assembler, alloy smelter and the power supply to my me system today :(
I had another energy acceptor but it was in my offline me system. Fixing it was "fun"
I'm half-certain we've referenced this before, but you did say "fun".

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

You can manufacture uranium with
Thaumcraft's advanced alchemy- but you'll need another source of radio essentia (essentially any radioactive material- such as certain byproducts from other processes/alchemy)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Edit: Flux Axe seems to be working well and power on the axe is still at max, so probably will just keep using it instead of a Dark Axe. I'm also using lowest-tier power conduit which may have caused my problem with the Wireless Charger not working with the Dark Axe earlier. Gotta upgrade the conduit, its insufficient with Octadic Capacitor in the Farming Station.

The Wireless Charger isn't charging the axe inside the machine, should it be? Or I guess I have to use some filters, pull the axe out, recharge it, then re-insert it into the Farming Station? But at least it's maxxed out now and also with Unbreaking III as well.

And as I type this I realize we had been discussing the Flux Axe last night, so perhaps I'll go make that and try it out as well to see what works best for me and my setup.

Last edited:
H

Herrminator1994

Edit: Flux Axe seems to be working well and power on the axe is still at max, so probably will just keep using it instead of a Dark Axe. I'm also using lowest-tier power conduit which may have caused my problem with the Wireless Charger not working with the Dark Axe earlier. Gotta upgrade the conduit, its insufficient with Octadic Capacitor in the Farming Station.

The Wireless Charger isn't charging the axe inside the machine, should it be? Or I guess I have to use some filters, pull the axe out, recharge it, then re-insert it into the Farming Station? But at least it's maxxed out now and also with Unbreaking III as well.

And as I type this I realize we had been discussing the Flux Axe last night, so perhaps I'll go make that and try it out as well to see what works best for me and my setup.
I'm pretty sure the flux axe and the farming station are bugged. My farming station has harvested several thousand stacks of spruce logs with a single charge on the axe, and the axe is still fully charged.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure the flux axe and the farming station are bugged. My farming station has harvested several thousand stacks of spruce logs with a single charge on the axe, and the axe is still fully charged.
As far as i know, the energy on the flux tools.are only for their special effect. Other than that they are indestructable.