[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

OdraNoel

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: im an idiot, i was filling it with sulfuric heavy fuel instead of drilling fluid. they look exactly the same, my bad.

so is anyone having trouble using the advanced miner 2 after the last update? (v3.2.20) since then i simply cannot get the miner to start up again :(. it was working fine before. and yes everything is properly set up and it was working previous to the update. has anything been changed with how it works or what it needs to start up? (its got, energy, drilling fluid, maintenance performed, properly constructed. it was working previously to the update but now wont start up.)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I had this problem on my server, I would have to keep breaking it and replacing it to get it to work. However, since I started chunk loading both my base and my turbine I have not experienced this issue.

Question for anyone: I have started building my large scale oil processing setup. I have 3 Distillation towers and 2 Cracking Units. Byproducts such as Refinery Gas and and the Fuels are pretty obvious what to do. What is not as obvious to me, what should I do with the Naphtha? I know it is used to make plastics and watching @UNG_God 's Youtube series, he turns it all directly into Polyethylene but if you do that how do you guys get your Polytetrafluoroethylene for higher tier circuits. I was thinking splitting the naphtha into two chains and sending something along the lines of 70% to Polyethylene and 30% to Polytetrafluoroethylene
I'm using an overflow system where I route my naphtha to a gas turbine if I have X amount of it. (This was two versions ago, presumably still works)

T

targetingyou78

I'm using an overflow system where I route my naphtha to a gas turbine if I have X amount of it. (This was two versions ago, presumably still works)
I'm not worried about having extra naphtha. I'm curious as in people's automated oil processing, what percentage of the naphtha they turn to Polyethylene and what percentage they turn to Polytetrafluoroethylene.

OdraNoel

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: im an idiot, i was filling it with sulfuric heavy fuel instead of drilling fluid. they look exactly the same, my bad.

ok so doing some more testing with the advanced miner 2. i was able to contruct one in a creative world and get it to work. but i still cannot get the one in my survival world to work at all. i have decontrcted it and re built it to see if maybe a refresh of it would help. but still nothing. when i hit it with a soft hammer it saying processing enabled, but it dosnt do anything and the light on the control block stays red. no drilling fluid is consumed and no energy is consumed. it simply refuses to start up. can they not be placed underground anymore? do they need to be able to "see" the sky now?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not worried about having extra naphtha. I'm curious as in people's automated oil processing, what percentage of the naphtha they turn to Polyethylene and what percentage they turn to Polytetrafluoroethylene.
I'm also not worried about having extra. My percentage ends up being X as mentioned.

I get the miscommunication. You picture a system where you route 50% to one endpoint (A), and 50% to the other endpoint (B). My industry is priority-based. I route all my naptha to (A), but (A) can only accomplish so much before the system backs up (deliberately). At which point (B) takes over. Functionally it ends up amounting to the same thing as 50/50 (or whatever) except that I don't have to worry about how much to send to A and B. I simply choose priorities.

Specifically: My Polyethlylene is highest priority. All my naptha goes there until I have a barrel full of plastic. Then I make Polytetra until I have a barrel full of that. If both of those barrels are full, I can't make any more, so there's no sense in trying to send X% to one and Y% to the other. I just "overflow" and starting making energy when I'm full of plastic.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I make Polyethylene as I need it. I ran out the other day, and so I put 2 drums of Naphtha connected to my Chemical Reactor, attached a Compressor for Compressed Air Cells, and logged off the server. Next morning I logged on and I had something like 30 stacks of Polyethylene Sheets, which should be enough for another month or two at my current pace.

As for the other stuff, I'm still at EV/IV era so maybe you'll need it at higher tiers but I can't even be sure if I've made more than 16 of those plates, and I sure don't know what they're used for. Nice job on the spelling tho. :)

tl;dr: nevermind, I wrote something here but got confused between Toluene and Naphtha. LOL I actually don't really know what to do with all the Naphtha I have, right now I have half a Bedrockium Drum of the stuff and don't have any energy needs (which would burn it all up if I did).

Last edited:
T

targetingyou78

I'm also not worried about having extra. My percentage ends up being X as mentioned.

I get the miscommunication. You picture a system where you route 50% to one endpoint (A), and 50% to the other endpoint (B). My industry is priority-based. I route all my naptha to (A), but (A) can only accomplish so much before the system backs up (deliberately). At which point (B) takes over. Functionally it ends up amounting to the same thing as 50/50 (or whatever) except that I don't have to worry about how much to send to A and B. I simply choose priorities.

Specifically: My Polyethlylene is highest priority. All my naptha goes there until I have a barrel full of plastic. Then I make Polytetra until I have a barrel full of that. If both of those barrels are full, I can't make any more, so there's no sense in trying to send X% to one and Y% to the other. I just "overflow" and starting making energy when I'm full of plastic.
This is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. That's not a bad way of doing it. I never thought of the fact that I'll actually end up filling up a barrel of the plates. I've only ever made 4 or so stacks at a time and I always fly through the stuff but if I start processing barrels full of Oil I'll probably max out. Time to rethink the system. :) This is exactly why I asked. For over flow of other stuff, I'm probably just going to delete. I'm going to Make the gas into LPG and Methane (I think this is what it does) and if I fill up on them I'll delete the extra refinery gas. (I'm running my base off of Big Reactors so I'm not really worried about power) Same thing with the Toluene. If it gets full on explosives I'll just void it, it's whatever but I didn't want to waste any naphtha because I'd feel like an idiot if I was voiding naphtha and then later on ran out of Plastic.

I make Polyethylene as I need it. I ran out the other day, and so I put 2 drums of Naphtha connected to my Chemical Reactor, attached a Compressor for Compressed Air Cells, and logged off the server. Next morning I logged on and I had something like 30 stacks of Polyethylene Sheets, which should be enough for another month or two at my current pace.

As for the other stuff, I'm still at EV/IV era so maybe you'll need it at higher tiers but I can't even be sure if I've made more than 16 of those plates, and I sure don't know what they're used for. Nice job on the spelling tho. :)

tl;dr: nevermind, I wrote something here but got confused between Toluene and Naphtha. LOL I actually don't really know what to do with all the Naphtha I have, right now I have half a Bedrockium Drum of the stuff and don't have any energy needs (which would burn it all up if I did).
Lol I'm not sure how you haven't used more Polytetrafluoroethylene, it's the plates that are used to make circuits higher than HV. Things like Energy Flow circuits and Data circuits are made of them.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
Question for anyone: I have started building my large scale oil processing setup. I have 3 Distillation towers and 2 Cracking Units. Byproducts such as Refinery Gas and and the Fuels are pretty obvious what to do. What is not as obvious to me, what should I do with the Naphtha? I know it is used to make plastics and watching @UNG_God 's Youtube series, he turns it all directly into Polyethylene but if you do that how do you guys get your Polytetrafluoroethylene for higher tier circuits. I was thinking splitting the naphtha into two chains and sending something along the lines of 70% to Polyethylene and 30% to Polytetrafluoroethylene
From my own refinery setup I only have one chemical reactor hooked to a solidifier, that works slowly to turn my naphtha into polyeth... I'm also going to add in a teflon line and I doubt I'll need to worry about prioritizing since they both work slower than my refinery towers production. For the rest I'm considering routing it to a large gas turbine for extra power production when needed... I still have a while to go before reaching the need to use it as fuel though since my setup produces around 6k eu/t in fuels if I run it full blast... (Just starting to make the EV tier machines as a fyi)

A tip for anyone running a refinery to produce gaseous fuels only; You can easily distill the toluene into light fuel for your cracker to make even more gasses if you have no need of it for explosives.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For over flow of other stuff, I'm probably just going to delete. I'm going to Make the gas into LPG and Methane (I think this is what it does) and if I fill up on them I'll delete the extra refinery gas. (I'm running my base off of Big Reactors so I'm not really worried about power) Same thing with the Toluene. If it gets full on explosives I'll just void it, it's whatever but I didn't want to waste any naphtha because I'd feel like an idiot if I was voiding naphtha and then later on ran out of Plastic.
Probably a good idea. Honestly, the logistics in my base are really damn cool but I'm taking a major FPS hit right now. Once I have nuclear going, I'll consider doing the same thing just to remove "moving parts".

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Lol I'm not sure how you haven't used more Polytetrafluoroethylene, it's the plates that are used to make circuits higher than HV. Things like Energy Flow circuits and Data circuits are made of them.

Oh okay I gotcha, those big rectangular gray things. Yeah, I guess what I did was make a whole bunch of them way back when, and promptly forgot about it. I still have 27 left which is why I never have any need for polyfolyflourethyly or whatever it is. Somebody else used "teflon" which I read in the wiki is the trade name for the stuff, but until that point I didn't make the connection. There's a reason I never did well at chemistry, the words are just too long even tho they are perfectly logical names.

I do like the idea of keeping a barrel full of each of the plastics, that's pretty much how I operate as well, under such a mindset or philosophy. The best way of routing items, I've found, is simply to "stuff the entire system full", and then you can easily manage any overflow at that point, while having the nice benefit of always having way more of those items than you really need and can use. :D

Last edited:

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Where did the quantum suit recipes go? What are these scanner recipes? I'm confused as to what's going on here.
The quantum suite is made in the new assembly line multiblock structure. The scanner recipe is the "discovery" process for getting the data to put into the assembly line.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Oh okay I gotcha, those big rectangular gray things. Yeah, I guess what I did was make a whole bunch of them way back when, and promptly forgot about it. I still have 27 left which is why I never have any need for polyfolyflourethyly or whatever it is. Somebody else used "teflon" which I read in the wiki is the trade name for the stuff, but until that point I didn't make the connection. There's a reason I never did well at chemistry, the words are just too long even tho they are perfectly logical names.

I do like the idea of keeping a barrel full of each of the plastics, that's pretty much how I operate as well, under such a mindset or philosophy. The best way of routing items, I've found, is simply to "stuff the entire system full", and then you can easily manage any overflow at that point, while having the nice benefit of always having way more of those items than you really need and can use. :D

Lol true story. I came accross this stuff, PTFE for a school project once. Told peers it had exactly the material properties we needed, and would save our project (possible slight exageration). I felt good, felt like I had come up with a genuinely innovative solution and design. I had (and still do because of this) memorized the shit out of polytetrafluorethylene. And then one day, after we had already sourced suppliers for the PTFE panels we needed, one of the other group members told me "hey you know that's just teflon hey?". All that research into the stuff and I somehow had missed the most common, and easily available word to describe the material and felt like an absolute idiot.

U

UNG_God

When you supply a large turbine with more steam/fuel, it can use up to 125% of the optimal flow, but does not produce more EU. So 25% wasted. No loss in EU production.
Should you supply less fuel, % of optimal flow = efficiency, so 50% of optimal flow = 50% efficiency = 25% EU production.

I see ... the only problem is if i follow this formula, my setup of 2xLsteelBoiler feeding 2xLturbineLeafsteel turbine and excess to hv turbine should not work as it does, as the turbine is 16000 so having the 25% should be 20000 which is what the boiler make, so excess should exist, but maybe i dont get the 25% .

A large turbine will full input hatch, so 125% of optimal flow will still be at last as efficient as HV single block turbines. Using the high efficiency rotors with 130-150% will still make them much better than single blocks while not caring about the flow.

even using 100% turbine is better than the HV turbine as it is i believe 66% and 100% minus 25% = 75% . Well at least i get power more quickly anyway.

And thank god for fluid regulators

my only problem with that, is that the first regulator that is useful is HV while Large turbines are MV.

What is not as obvious to me, what should I do with the Naphtha?

Well i use lv to process the result of the oil refining, so it is slow, very slow, i do that not only to save power, more because i have a passive supply of oil (crops) , because it is slow if i place a good amount of oil to process my drum to hold excess naphat will be getting full, so if i need to make more polytetratongletwist (teflon) i just need to grab it... but talking in reality , i end up using plastic at least 50 times more often than the teflon, so made some stacks and they are lasting a huge amount of time, maybe when i get to Ev or Iv tier i might need a bit more, but for now i dont need too much of it. And as said if you have to much naphat just burn it for power, i end up voiding methane because making a system just to burn it is a pain (also pollution)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
And as said if you have to much naphat just burn it for power, i end up voiding methane because making a system just to burn it is a pain (also pollution)

I never void anything, because everything is useful. The reason I have an excess of Naphtha, with nowhere to use it up, is because I don't void the methane, I centrifuge it to obtain LPG (liquid propane gas), and I use LPG to power all sorts of oddball stuff, such as my Oil Drilling Rig or my Rock Breaker which gets its own little area to itself because it needs lava and water adjacent to it in order to make infinite cobblestone (for making Bedrockium Drums to store things like LPG and Naphtha in). Stuff like the Rock Breaker, I just drop a LV Gas Turbine behind it along with a regular drum of LPG. But I could also use Naphtha, which is exactly equivalent to LPG, they have the same EU burn values and they both are fuels for Gas Turbines.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

- crop -
my only problem with that, is that the first regulator that is useful is HV while Large turbines are MV.
- crop -
that's only true for the large steam turbines, the large gas turbines on the other hand has much lower fluid throughput so you can in many cases use the LV regulator for them.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I never void anything, because everything is useful. The reason I have an excess of Naphtha, with nowhere to use it up, is because I don't void the methane, I centrifuge it to obtain LPG (liquid propane gas), and I use LPG to power all sorts of oddball stuff, such as my Oil Drilling Rig or my Rock Breaker which gets its own little area to itself because it needs lava and water adjacent to it in order to make infinite cobblestone (for making Bedrockium Drums to store things like LPG and Naphtha in). Stuff like the Rock Breaker, I just drop a LV Gas Turbine behind it along with a regular drum of LPG. But I could also use Naphtha, which is exactly equivalent to LPG, they have the same EU burn values and they both are fuels for Gas Turbines.
For your infinite Cobblestone generator...i would recommend a faster, more efficient and powerless option.

Transfer Node with World Interaction Upgrades. Ridiculously quick cobblestone and cost no power. SImply put the Transfer node above a Cobblestone which has 1 Lava & Water Source block next to it and voilà.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
For your infinite Cobblestone generator...i would recommend a faster, more efficient and powerless option.

Transfer Node with World Interaction Upgrades. Ridiculously quick cobblestone and cost no power. SImply put the Transfer node above a Cobblestone which has 1 Lava & Water Source block next to it and voilà.

Geez I've used that method so many times in other modpacks but I guess I assumed that cobblegen was disabled in this one, precisely because it's a "free" method and I thought all such methods were eliminated, which is why stuff like the Extra Utilities Fan to push mobs around is disabled. Thx for the tip.

And I must say... being able to switch over from Railcraft Tanks to Bedrockium Drums is really making my life so much easier, my base is slowly returning from this infection it somehow picked up, its called "conduit-itis" I think. I had em criss-crossing everywhere when I was forced to use the big bulky tanks but things are much more compact now. LOL

U

UNG_God

I never void anything, because everything is useful.

That is up to you. I weight the con and pro of still use a lower output fuel, having to care about methane while i was getting twice LPG from refinary gas , was not important, maybe after you get to point where you can convert methane into fuel for a diesel engine, maybe, just maybe, but meh.We have too much stuff in this pack already.

that's only true for the large steam turbines, the large gas turbines on the other hand has much lower fluid throughput so you can in many cases use the LV regulator for them.

okay thanks.

Geez I've used that method so many times in other modpacks but I guess I assumed that cobblegen was disabled in this one, precisely because it's a "free" method

It might be free but take a long tech tier to get it, so i guess on that point free cobble isnt a big deal. The rock breaker can still make stone and obsidian so it have it uses.

switch over from Railcraft Tanks to Bedrockium Drums is really making my life so much easier

when you have material to spend quantum tanks will solve even more space, but they are immobile.

well i found "some" naquad ...
bbzMnJO.png

2 blocks
dSIoDEW.png

also this strange ore problem..maybe?

MLKNjWb.png

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
After my Steve's Cart vanished into thin air the other day, I've since switched over to Ender IO farming station and ran it for the first time just now. Wow, it used up a GT axe made from HSS-E in less than 10 minutes. That's the highest durability axe I can make using GregTech except for Neutronium. Suddenly, having to spend 2 or 3 diamonds per day for all my wood/steam needs doesn't seem so bad after all! When I dropped the axe into the Farming Station, I said to myself "I hope this lasts at least two real days, otherwise..." Yeah. 15 minutes. Sweet. If there's one complaint I have about GT tools, it would be the speed that axes wear down, it's always been ridiculously fast, way too fast in my opinion.

Ah well, wasting 3 HSS-E ingots all in the name of science is just part of the journey I suppose... life will go on. LOL