[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That "Sloshing" can easily be prevented by using Shutters. So that's no problem :)

Let me be more clear then... GT Fluid pipes do not work right, even if you use shutters everywhere. LOL If others can get them to work, then they're smarter than I am (no surprise there). I use Ender IO conduits because they work right every single time (despite your reported glitch).

As Pyure said, I think the only time when GT Fluid Pipes would be acceptable is in slow processing lines where the conduits will always be "full" or "stuffed" or "pressurized". The instant there is any space whatsoever in a GT pipe, that's when the problems begin, and I don't care how many thousands of shutters you have installed. LOL

I've been told the game is performing a calculation for each individual GT pipe segment, in essence the program views each pipe as an individual tank, and thus it has to perform calculations for each segment, for fluid to go back (and perhaps forth) between each segment, and that's why my assumption is that GT fluid pipes require many more calculations that Ender IO conduits do. But I guess I'm told that's incorrect, so... good luck if you use em. hehe

C

Chriss22

For some reason my cables get destroyed for unknown reason.
I have 5 LV Steam Turbines connected to a 9 slot battery buffers with 12x tin cable
So as far as i know 1 turbine makes 1 ampere so i should only have 5 ampere which should not cause any problems with a 12x cable.
The output of the buffer is not connected to the input.
The cables whcih get destroyed are before the buffer.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have 5 LV Steam Turbines connected to a 9 slot battery buffers with 12x tin cable
So as far as i know 1 turbine makes 1 ampere so i should only have 5 ampere which should not cause any problems with a 12x cable.
At a glance your setup seems harmless. Can you do me a favour and draw a little diagram (in MS Paint or Excel or something) and paste that here?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Where's the problem in using shutters on every segment :p Personnally, if it avoid lag all together or decently help reducing it, then i'm fine with that. However, if you say that it won't make much difference then i probably won't bother because we all know how much ressources and time this would take :p
I guess the problem would be maintenance (if you move pipes, dealing with all the damn covers is annoying) and cost (they're cheap but not free).

Moving the liquids around isn't all that costly. Its some pointer and integer work. And the pipes still need to "if-check" for those covers to prevent the sloshing.

The covers do make a considerable difference for the sloshing btw: I said "mitigate" though because its not a perfect fix.

C

Chriss22

Hard to do. Would have to draw from the top and the side to make it clear.
I never see it happen live.
I let my machines run and go away for a moment when i come back the cables are away.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Let me be more clear then... GT Fluid pipes do not work right, even if you use shutters everywhere. LOL If others can get them to work, then they're smarter than I am (no surprise there). I use Ender IO conduits because they work right every single time (despite your reported glitch).

As Pyure said, I think the only time when GT Fluid Pipes would be acceptable is in slow processing lines where the conduits will always be "full" or "stuffed" or "pressurized". The instant there is any space whatsoever in a GT pipe, that's when the problems begin, and I don't care how many thousands of shutters you have installed. LOL

I've been told the game is performing a calculation for each individual GT pipe segment, in essence the program views each pipe as an individual tank, and thus it has to perform calculations for each segment, for fluid to go back (and perhaps forth) between each segment, and that's why my assumption is that GT fluid pipes require many more calculations that Ender IO conduits do. But I guess I'm told that's incorrect, so... good luck if you use em. hehe
Personally i've never had any problem GT Fluid pipe in the pass and yes iw as using Shutter at every segment (something i had learn from a youtube Video made by Chloe (MysteryDump for youtube's name.) The video explained quite nicely how GT pipe work along with some (not all sadly) covers.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the problem would be maintenance (if you move pipes, dealing with all the damn covers is annoying) and cost (they're cheap but not free).

Moving the liquids around isn't all that costly. Its some pointer and integer work. And the pipes still need to "if-check" for those covers to prevent the sloshing.

The covers do make a considerable difference for the sloshing btw: I said "mitigate" though because its not a perfect fix.
I guess i'll just have to try :)

C

Chriss22

Okay tried to draw. hope its understandable.

Attachments

• Zeichnung.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
H

Herrminator1994

So UUmatter replication isn't quite the big project that I'm used to it being? On other modpacks I've had to build a wall - literally, a wall, like 192 total - of Recyclers to make enough scrapboxes to feed into the mass fabricators. That's pretty much why I haven't given much thought to that method, but you make it sound nice and easy. :)

And I just used up most of my Sapphires and made 160 Lapotron Crystals... so I'll pretty much have however many of the Lapotron Orbs that I could possibly need to run the Fusion Reactor. My biggest problem is gonna be learning how to build it. I guess like all Multiblocks, I have to work on the Controller block, solely so I can make the book for it and then learn what other blocks I'll need to finish it off.

Yeah, if there is ANY possibility of a very damaging consequence, there is NO WAY I would ever let two conduits get within one block of each other, altho perhaps the input/output locations on a multiblock could force such a situation. That's what I deal with on the Distillation Tower, with up to 5 Output Hatches side by side. At least you can stagger the conduits so they never are adjacent, but it quickly becomes a real mess with conduits going every which way. LOL

I often wish, for safety purposes, that fluid conduits would only connect together if you specifically told them to do so (with the wrench). But then placing conduits would always be a tedious task, its a tradeoff.
Far as mass fabrication goes, a LV mass fab will need 4 recyclers, MV needs 8, HV needs 16, EV needs 32, and IV needs 64.

H

Herrminator1994

How do I make LuV components and quantum armor? NEI says a scanner with a "research result," but I haven't been able to find any information on this.

C

Chriss22

Yea all cables are 12x tin cable.
Talked to someone and he said he already heard about a bug from gregtech about a calculation error where cables dissappear even tho they shouldnt.
Guess i have this bug too.
I reproduced it and it always happens when the battery buffer charges and i go away. when i come back the cables are gone.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

the last sentence is the important part i think? Each battery in a Battery Buffer can draw TWO amps... so if you have 9 batteries in the Buffer that require power, there can potentially (important word, potentially) be up to 18 amps coming in, which would obviously burn up your 12x tin cable located BEFORE the buffer (your words). That's my take. But be advised, there's no guarantee I'm correct. I also struggle with understanding how GT electricity works, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, I love GT and love this modpack.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make LuV components and quantum armor? NEI says a scanner with a "research result," but I haven't been able to find any information on this.

Quantum Armor is now made in some Assembly Line machine, I think Jason made a brief post about it a few pages back when someone asked.

And yeah, I have the exact same question about stuff like LuV motors. The NEI recipe confuses me as well and I also need an answer to that question.

Reactions: Herrminator1994
C

Chriss22

but even tho 9 batterys can draw 18 ampere it shouldnt be possible without a bug since 1 turbine only generatre 1 ampere so 5 can be max 5 ampere

N

Navarin

If you look at the NEI recipe, you'll see that for LuV+ the components require putting the previous tier in a scanner and getting a 'research result' in a data orb. The research result is then used in the assembly line multiblock to create the items from the listed components.

The guy's microphone leaves something to be desired, but all the information is there.

Reactions: Herrminator1994

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
For example, if you wanted to make an LuV motor, you have to first make the 'recipe'. As per NEI, place a data stick in the data orb slot in the scanner and then place an IV motor in the input slot. After the process is done you should end up with the data stick having the recipe to the LuV motor, which you then have to convert into a Written Book, similarly to the Seismic Prospector data. The recipe in the book will give you the relevant info to use an Assembly Line to produce the LuV motor (which items/fluids in which input buses/hatches, how much energy etc.).

Actually, now that I think about it, the scanning for recipes process might not be completely necessary if you already know the recipe itself (i.e. from creative world or something).

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to ask something. I finally started messing around with fluid reactors and cycling coolant cells, but I'm in a pinch. I don't understand how the fuzzy card works, no matter how much I've experimented with it. Could anyone kindly care to explain it?

E.g. Most recently I tried using the fuzzy import bus to pull the <25% durability 360k coolant cells out, with the specification being a 1% durability coolant cell and splitting the damage at 25%. However, the import bus pulls the coolant cells out once they reach 75% durability and not 25%.
Since people seem to be online now, I'd appreciate some enlightenment on this matter please :)

Last edited: