[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
We made our first ichor :D
Crafting those etheric swords is a pain, but currently we are limited by ender-shards anyway. We have to bild a mobfarm for that...

K

Kiama

So I have been running a private Infitech 2 server with my brothers in the UK and paid for it until November (hosted by Nitreous Networks, Diamond Plan), however my brothers haven't been playing for the last few months. I still want to play so I am opening it up to the public.

I will update to 3.2.9 and wipe the server for a fresh start. If you want to play on a fresh server, join in at 5am EST.

185.38.149.54:25569

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
I just got out of MV era, thanks to building the GT Large Turbine. I already had the steam infrastructure thanks to my Tungstensteel GT Boiler and Titanium GT Boiler feeding my Railcraft Steel Tank as a steam buffer for my MV Turbines. Using a Fluxed Electrum Turbine Rotor, I'm getting somewhere around 1100 EU/t out of the Large Turbine (which is EV), then I step it down via EV->HV Transformer to get 4 amps of 512 volts out of it. Just yesterday I replaced all my MV machines with HV because of the power increase. Since I'm not generating a full 2048 EU/t, my EV battery buffer boxes do slowly drain when I'm running my production machines, but it's a slow drain that is manageable.

I have 13 million buckets of oil that I pumped, so I definitely want to build the Distillation Tower and make fuel, however, it seems like the only use for fuel is in the GT Diesel Generators, and those only go up to HV... but I'm already halfway to "full EV" thanks to my Large Turbine, and it seems like it would be much better to build another Large Turbine rather than build the Distillation Tower and spam a whole bunch of HV Diesel Generators to use that fuel... looking for feedback from others.
Hi
How did you had a tungstensteel and a titanium GT Boiler in MV?
Or did you meant something else?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hey check out my version of the "SGC" :D
2016-06-16_16.18.19.png 2016-06-16_16.18.37.png 2016-06-16_16.18.46.png 2016-06-16_16.18.55.png 2016-06-16_16.19.00.png 2016-06-16_16.19.05.png 2016-06-16_16.19.11.png 2016-06-16_16.20.28.png 2016-06-16_16.21.07.png 2016-06-16_16.21.16.png

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hi
How did you had a tungstensteel and a titanium GT Boiler in MV?
Or did you meant something else?
My guess is that he means that "out of MV era" means no machines left of MV tier or lower. Edit - Or possibly that he can produce any/all HV recipes?

Last edited:

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any trouble finding quartzite? I hunted for hours to find a quartz vein and could only locate certus and barite in it. According to the ore gen guide quartzite should be in that vein.

Ultimately I converted the certus to dust and centrifuged it for tiny piles of quartzite, created a single pile of quartzite dust from it, converted that to quartzite, then used thaumcraft to dupe it over and over again. So I ended up getting the quartzite I needed for ae2. But I wonder if there's a bug with quartzite gen.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Quartzite should definitely be in that vein you found. Make sure you check all Y levels of the vein, since ores tend to spawn in those particular layers.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Quartzite should definitely be in that vein you found. Make sure you check all Y levels of the vein, since ores tend to spawn in those particular layers.

Admittedly, I only delved 6 levels deep in that vein and then dug horizontally, so if the quartzite is above or below I wouldn't have seen it. I'll take a more thorough look when I get home.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Admittedly, I only delved 6 levels deep in that vein and then dug horizontally, so if the quartzite is above or below I wouldn't have seen it. I'll take a more thorough look when I get home.
For me most quartz veins seem to contain way more quartzite than certus quartz... though to be fair I've never actually counted the exact amount since I have more than one vein on my SSP world.

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
For me most quartz veins seem to contain way more quartzite than certus quartz... though to be fair I've never actually counted the exact amount since I have more than one vein on my SSP world.

That's how I remember it in the 2.x version of this modpack, which is why I was concerned that perhaps oregen for this current version might be bugged. I will follow Pyure's advice and dig more and see if it's spawning above or below, however.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
this is my experience as well, with the added nuance that one layer is almost exclusively barite ( I think the bottom layer but don't quote me)

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate machines? All these cells with chemicals needs alot of automation. Maybe i missing some understanding about mod mechanik?
Oilsands to nitrodiesel need 4 Chemical Reactors and alot of cells manipulation. But i dont see any Fluid Canners used in Joel Falk`s setup.

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked at some you tube videos, and asked around the server I'm no but I am not finding a way to keep my EBF fueled beyond a couple ingots at a time. Got 4 lv battery buffers with two batteries, connected with two steam turbines, connected to steam tank, which is then connected to a bronze boiler. The issue is it takes half an hour of cutting down trees/getting resources to make more axes, to cut down the wood for the boiler which it eats through in 5 seconds, which fills the steam tank which is enough to do like 3 ingots. This is as you can imagine is quite tedious and my wood farm doesn't grow fast enough to keep this up back to back, and I go through steel axes very quickly. I've thought of using coke ovens but then you have to afk for an hour and a half for them to do their thing. What can I do to speed things up or am I doomed to be on for half an hour, afk for 1.5 hours, on for half and hour, afk for 1.5hrs repeating the process of cutting down wood, filling the coke ovens, filling the boiler putting three powder in the EBF.

K

Kiama

I've looked at some you tube videos, and asked around the server I'm no but I am not finding a way to keep my EBF fueled beyond a couple ingots at a time. Got 4 lv battery buffers with two batteries, connected with two steam turbines, connected to steam tank, which is then connected to a bronze boiler. The issue is it takes half an hour of cutting down trees/getting resources to make more axes, to cut down the wood for the boiler which it eats through in 5 seconds, which fills the steam tank which is enough to do like 3 ingots. This is as you can imagine is quite tedious and my wood farm doesn't grow fast enough to keep this up back to back, and I go through steel axes very quickly. I've thought of using coke ovens but then you have to afk for an hour and a half for them to do their thing. What can I do to speed things up or am I doomed to be on for half an hour, afk for 1.5 hours, on for half and hour, afk for 1.5hrs repeating the process of cutting down wood, filling the coke ovens, filling the boiler putting three powder in the EBF.

You don't need coke ovens, you have the charcoal pile igniter for that, unless you are already using it and want the coke oven for creosote?

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds like you have been advancing your tech level faster than your infrastructure... You should focus on automating all aspects of that setup. You shouldn't be manually chopping wood at your tech stage.

K

Kiama

Sounds like you have been advancing your tech level faster than your infrastructure... You should focus on automating all aspects of that setup. You shouldn't be manually chopping wood at your tech stage.

I actually don't know how to automate chopping at that stage other than golems, please let me know the secret if there is one. I'd rather not do magic at all.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I actually don't know how to automate chopping at that stage other than golems, please let me know the secret if there is one. I'd rather not do magic at all.
Treefarm with golems is afaik HV but you can use Stevescarts or forestry to make a treefarm.

K

Kiama

Treefarm with golems is afaik HV but you can use Stevescarts or forestry to make a treefarm.

Maybe the modpack has been updated since then but I've gotten golem farms working without any tech and just assumed it would still be the case. I also thought I had found out that the forestry route had been disabled. And I haven't gotten into Steve's Carts at all, guess it's time for a tutorial video! Thanks.

N

Navarin

@Kiama You missed the 3.2 update, you were probably playing on 3.1 or earlier.

Golems come fairly late since you need to get solidly into OpenComputers for the use core, which requires a whole host of different things including HV assembler and PneumaticCraft. Steve's Carts are gated to at least stainless steel for the saw blade (didn't look much into it), but Forestry farms seem to be available at LV tech, though they're very late LV given their expense. There's even a special recipe for molten glass from quartzite to make it possible to make the electron tubes without an MV fluid extractor.