[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Golems are not a possibility. I've checked. Yes I'll agree I have advanced tech more so than infrastructure because typically your infrastructure at high tech is not like your infrastructure at low tech so it seems like spending time on low tech infrastructure is analogous to building a house in the 60's and expecting it to work well 50 years later when you have systems that didn't even exist back then. Forestry didn't want to get into because of the continued cost of supplying it. I have never used stevescarts and this may be the time. Thank you all, for each answer to my question as the debate was very informative. In a fight with the dragon today using full thaum fortress armor, completely enchanted and a raven cloak ended me dead. So now is just as good of a time to get a fresh start.

Damn just read Navarin's comment. Guess it's a progression pack with only one viable route now. CHOO CHOO! Railroaded!

Last edited:
K

Kiama

Golems are not a possibility. I've checked. Yes I'll agree I have advanced tech more so than infrastructure because typically your infrastructure at high tech is not like your infrastructure at low tech so it seems like spending time on low tech infrastructure is analogous to building a house in the 60's and expecting it to work well 50 years later when you have systems that didn't even exist back then. Forestry didn't want to get into because of the continued cost of supplying it. I have never used stevescarts and this may be the time. Thank you all, for each answer to my question as the debate was very informative. In a fight with the dragon today using full thaum fortress armor, completely enchanted and a raven cloak ended me dead. So now is just as good of a time to get a fresh start.

Damn just read Navarin's comment. Guess it's a progression pack with only one viable route now. CHOO CHOO!

If you are going for a fresh start you might hop on the server I started yesterday!? There's at least 3 others of us and possibly 4 this weekend. It seems to be running smoothly for everyone at 3.2.9.

K

Kiama

@Kiama You missed the 3.2 update, you were probably playing on 3.1 or earlier.

Golems come fairly late since you need to get solidly into OpenComputers for the use core, which requires a whole host of different things including HV assembler and PneumaticCraft. Steve's Carts are gated to at least stainless steel for the saw blade (didn't look much into it), but Forestry farms seem to be available at LV tech, though they're very late LV given their expense. There's even a special recipe for molten glass from quartzite to make it possible to make the electron tubes without an MV fluid extractor.

Thanks, looking forwards to getting into forestry then.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
How do you automate machines? All these cells with chemicals needs alot of automation. Maybe i missing some understanding about mod mechanik?
Oilsands to nitrodiesel need 4 Chemical Reactors and alot of cells manipulation. But i dont see any Fluid Canners used in Joel Falk`s setup.

I've left them out for simplicity, but as a rule of thumb every time you get a cell of anything you usually need a fluid canning machine to automate it. For automating the simple oilsand setup you should be fine using only enderio conduits and maybe a few filters. For the complete setup you need some additional things to distribute single cells around if you dont want to just dump several stacks of cells into the system but its only a difference in the desulfurisation system.

At the top of my head i think you would need 2 in the desulfurisation process, 1 to decan oxygen and one to can sulfuric acid to acid batteries (if you go that route). Moreover i think you also need 4 for the nitro diesel line. 1 to decann compressed air cells, one to can nitrogen and one additonal to decann oxygen from centrifuge. Finally you also need to can nitrogen triglycerate

maybe ile add a short summary of what machines you need in the setup and for what including fluid canning machines

Last edited:
Reactions: onsp

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help. But one last question, i have a heavy oil source. And according to the recipes, you get more light fuel by distilling the heavy oil to regular oil first. rather than making heavy oil straight to light fuel. is this correct?

The amount of product you get from heavy oil is much larger than light oil per bucket (if you check recepy in distillery you use way less oil per cycle with heavy oil than light oil)
From calculation sheet
http://prntscr.com/bhhack

So if you want to make nitro diesel i would stick with oil or heavy oil. Heavy oil is extremly effective when you can utilize cracking of the heavy fuel into even more nitro diesel however it requires the cracking unit and 2 distillation towers

http://prntscr.com/bhhbbw

If you want to make a really quick and dirty system you can turn heavy oil into light oil. However instead of distilling light sulfuric fuel you should then take the sulfuric gas instead, desulfur it and then centrifuge it for large amounts of LPG fuel and methane. This skips the entire nitro diesel line and you can run gas turbines with the LPG and methane gas. GT LPG fuel is actually extremly good fuel and gives a whopping 256k eu per bucket. in a simple setup you would get 0.8x methane and LPG fuel from 1 bucket of light fuel so it might actually be a nice contender now that i think about it. If someone tells me the conversion rate of heavy oil to light oil i could check how much LPG fuel and methane you could get off 1 bucket of heavy oil.

A little perk with this system is that at late game LPG can be run in a large gas turbine in so unlike nitro diesel it does not become outdated as a power source

N

Navarin

I used 7 Fluid Canning machines in the entire Oilsand -> Nitrodiesel setup, accomplishable with entirely LV machines (though powering it is a bit awkward without an MV Diesel Generator). I only required 6, but my particular setup looked better with the duplicate oxygen cell decanning than with item conduits.

You shouldn't need stacks of cells, the machines play tennis pretty well. I only used three item conduits, and that was for a round robin on the extraction of Hydrogen Sulfide decanning machine to provide one empty cell to Hydrogen canning and one empty cell to the light fuel chemical reactor. Everything else was auto item output from the machines themselves.

EDIT: Maybe someone can explain the wierdness with EIO fluid tanks and cells? I wanted to use those, but there were numerous questionable things happening including transforming one gas into another upon emptying, so I did it the more expensive way.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Maybe someone can explain the wierdness with EIO fluid tanks and cells? I wanted to use those, but there were numerous questionable things happening including transforming one gas into another upon emptying, so I did it the more expensive way.
Yea. Its currently slightly bugged, so either More Fluid Tanks (1 per fluid) or just not use them. Fix is already made, but the update version has not yet been released. I might go and build it by myself, if it will take devs too long :)

Reactions: MrPopov

onsp

Jul 29, 2019
I've left them out for simplicity, but as a rule of thumb every time you get a cell of anything you usually need a fluid canning machine to automate it. For automating the simple oilsand setup you should be fine using only enderio conduits and maybe a few filters. For the complete setup you need some additional things to distribute single cells around if you dont want to just dump several stacks of cells into the system but its only a difference in the desulfurisation system.

At the top of my head i think you would need 2 in the desulfurisation process, 1 to decan oxygen and one to can sulfuric acid to acid batteries (if you go that route). Moreover i think you also need 4 for the nitro diesel line. 1 to decann compressed air cells, one to can nitrogen and one additonal to decann oxygen from centrifuge. Finally you also need to can nitrogen triglycerate

maybe ile add a short summary of what machines you need in the setup and for what including fluid canning machines

You are very kind person. Thanks alot.

F

FPSGognoggler

I'm having a problem with trying to get lava into the QDS. I'm using the fluid conduit from enderIO and a bc fluid tank. is there something im doing wrong?

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with trying to get lava into the QDS. I'm using the fluid conduit from enderIO and a bc fluid tank. is there something im doing wrong?
1) You need to bind the quest to the QDS (in quest book click on select task and then right click on the QDS)
2) You need to set the fluid conduit to extract. Right click on the connection to the tank and set the redstone thingie to always active

F

FPSGognoggler

1) You need to bind the quest to the QDS (in quest book click on select task and then right click on the QDS)
2) You need to set the fluid conduit to extract. Right click on the connection to the tank and set the redstone thingie to always active
Thank you, its working now.

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
I could use a nudge in the right direction, having never worked with GregTech or its ore gen before.

I'm scouring the underground, digging straight ahead, around y level 12, looking for, from what I read, a magnetite vein of iron that contains actual "iron ore", to do the crushed iron ore quest in the book..

is that too low? GT Ore Gen says y level 10-40, and I did find a limonite vein (words cannot express how relieved I was when I found it, as I never was a fan of mining mindlessly for hours upon hours for iron), dug about half of that now, and been using wrought iron tools, I have 44 bronze ingots sitting here, almost 2 stacks of iron (more unprocessed), and have been using the charcoal pile thing a good bit. But trying to do quests, as well as wrapping my head around ic 2's crops compared to agricraft, nudges are appreciated.

actually I have a straight-out question: what's the purpose of all the dusts? ore smelted gives an ingot. impure dust gives an ingot. "washed" dust in a cauldron gives an ingot...NEI uses don't tell me of anything else.

K

Kiama

actually I have a straight-out question: what's the purpose of all the dusts? ore smelted gives an ingot. impure dust gives an ingot. "washed" dust in a cauldron gives an ingot...NEI uses don't tell me of anything else.

Impure dust: You don't generally want to smelt ore itself, once you have a macerator, doubling your yield by crushing it into two crushed ores is almost always your best option. However if you smelt the crushed ores you will get even less than the ore would have given you. First you need to hammer it into an impure dust. You can then smelt the impure dust.

Clean dust: Sometimes the clean version is important for recipes. Obviously you want clean redstone. The most efficient way to get bronze early on is to combine 3 clean copper dusts and 1 clean tin dust.

'as well as wrapping my head around ic 2's crops compared to agricraft'

Actually checking the stats of crops requires the cropnalyzer which requires medium voltage power, so from what I can tell there is no point in breeding crops til then.

Two main differences though are (1) that the breeding is much more random and (2) you don't want max stats in ic2. A growth stat of 24 or more will make your crop behave like a weed (so you want to limit your growth stat to 21). A high resist stat lowers the chance of cross-breeding. A high gain stat lowers the chance of getting seed bags. So much more strategical thinking is required than just grinding to 10 /10 / 10.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I could use a nudge in the right direction, having never worked with GregTech or its ore gen before.

I'm scouring the underground, digging straight ahead, around y level 12, looking for, from what I read, a magnetite vein of iron that contains actual "iron ore", to do the crushed iron ore quest in the book..

is that too low? GT Ore Gen says y level 10-40, and I did find a limonite vein (words cannot express how relieved I was when I found it, as I never was a fan of mining mindlessly for hours upon hours for iron), dug about half of that now, and been using wrought iron tools, I have 44 bronze ingots sitting here, almost 2 stacks of iron (more unprocessed), and have been using the charcoal pile thing a good bit. But trying to do quests, as well as wrapping my head around ic 2's crops compared to agricraft, nudges are appreciated.

Different ores have different processing options to get the different dusts from their crushed or impure ores. It depends a lot on which ore you look up, some have fewer processing options, but some dusts need to be centrifuged in large amounts in order to get tiny piles of rare dusts to make one dust that is then smelted into an ingot of that metal, or used in a processing chain. There are quite a few ores to process, you'll probably want to get most of the various GregTech machines, as a few of the dusts only can be obtained from certain processing options. NOTE: The rarer dusts will very likely require the higher voltage tiers of GregTech machines to get, if you put a dust in a machine that is too low to process it, it simply won't do anything with that particular dust, and you'll need to make a higher tier machine for that processing option, along with the associated power supply cabling needed.

That's a somewhat non-technical explanation of how it works, but I'm sure someone will add more information to that. ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

onsp

Jul 29, 2019

Best idea how mine in GT its a mining at each corner of chunks (F9) strait down till somekind of main tunnel at 12 lvl that leads back to base and surface. And i always making base at mountain or extreme hill biomes or near - copper and tin needed so much at start. Standart mining tunnels at any levels so annoying.

N

Navarin

Is there a reason ProjectRed insulated wires are disabled, and the recipe for the regular wires is hidden from NEI?

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Is there a reason ProjectRed insulated wires are disabled, and the recipe for the regular wires is hidden from NEI?
regular wires? If you mean like copper cables and such you need to use liquid rubber or for tin cables you need black carpet... so the normal crafting for them is changed/disabled and such... and rubber is made from ic2 resin + sulfur.

N

Navarin

regular wires? If you mean like copper cables and such you need to use liquid rubber or for tin cables you need black carpet... so the normal crafting for them is changed/disabled and such... and rubber is made from ic2 resin + sulfur.

ProjectRed insulated wires, and ProjectRed regular wires. Not electrical wires.

Actually checking the stats of crops requires the cropnalyzer which requires medium voltage power, so from what I can tell there is no point in breeding crops til then.

Cropnalyzer is a quest reward pretty early on and you can buy single use acid batteries from the shop in the quest book. They're actually an okay source of battery hulls if you don't want to find lead/antimony and don't want to Thaumcraft alchemy it.

Also, to anyone who hasn't done cofh clearblocks on a test world just to look at ore gen, I highly recommend it. Enlightening experience.

Last edited:

Markhor

Jul 29, 2019
alright, thanks for the help. I'll keep it in mind. never done vertical shafts down before

edit: ok I just had a fluke issue happen..I put water into the simple solar boiler, and it blew up on me. it exploded. gone...i already replaced it with admin comands, but i cannot replicate this issue in a creative world.

there was a simple solar boiler and small coal boiler adjacent, both connected by small bronze fluid pipes to a steam compressor....but nothing i do seems to replicate the explosion >.< this aggravates me.

nevermind..it was too hot and i added water, it went boom.

Last edited: