[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

C

ColdComfort

Wires don't store electricity, so they're fine in the rain.

Thaumcraft is pretty heavily gated. You don't need HV, but you will need a Nichrome coil block EBF to do it the GT way since you'll need to make hot niobium ingots and then cool them off in the vacuum freezer. The actual dust will come from an LV centrifuge after crushing, washing, and hammering tantalite ore into purified tantalite dust. You'll get a tiny pile, nine of which combine into one niobium dust for the EBF.

Or you can wait till HV and the SAG mill, which make byproducts child's play.
Wow. That's elaborate! Thanks for letting me know; I forgot to check tiny piles of dust because they don't appear in the NEI search when you type the ore name...

Got my LV centrifuge now, and working on the ore washing plant next. And, with the advanced roof tech (TM) that I'm using, none of my machines have exploded! UNPRECEDENTED!

Reactions: asb3pe

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
You could also look for tetrahydrite in mountains or use the malachite from limonite veins. You will find copper someday, its not hidden by magic like tin...

I've found lots of limonite.... somehow, I always forget about Malachite. Those Chalcopyrite veins are usually so common that I always have far more copper than I know what to do with by the time I find any malachite so I typically ignore it. Found some tetrahydrite as well but have already stripped the small amounts of native copper it contains. The actual tetrahydrite squares I tend to hold onto that till later so I can get the antimony out of it. Unfortunatley mountain veins tend to be very small as about half of their space is air blocks...

Tin... I am not concerned about haha. This has been a very against the grain play through with this seed. If anyone is interested in the seed let me know.

donto

Jul 29, 2019
i have a heavy oil source that gives me 345mb per cycle. whats the best usage of the oil, and the best way to make it?

edit: i dont have a distillation tower, only the basic machines.

Last edited:
S

Sven "flamestrider"

i have a heavy oil source that gives me 345mb per cycle. whats the best usage of the oil, and the best way to make it?

edit: i dont have a distillation tower, only the basic machines.
What tier of GT are you at and what do you want to use the oil for? Mainly power or something else, "best" is kinda hard to interpret on its own.

donto

Jul 29, 2019
What tier of GT are you at and what do you want to use the oil for? Mainly power or something else, "best" is kinda hard to interpret on its own.

im both on LV and MV, having difficulty with power atm, so i would like to use it for power. So im wondering on whats the most effective based on power. I've noticed theres many ways of making multiple types of fuel.

A

AlexG

Hello! A friend of mine found your modpack and we liked the look of it so much we spun up a hosted server so we could play with it. I've never managed a server or modpack before, just played on other people's, so pardon me if this is a dumb question. Is there anything like WorldEdit included in this pack? I've done some reading and it looks like there's a way to install it through Liteloader or CraftBukkit. But the front page also says, "Adding new mods will cause huge imbalances."

Do basic tools like WorldEdit count as "adding a mod"? As far as I can tell Mods means things like GregTech and Applied Energistics that add new blocks and functions, not just a tool for moving blocks around, but I wasn't sure.

But if one of the mods in the pack already includes something with similar functionality, then I won't even need to bother. Thanks!

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! A friend of mine found your modpack and we liked the look of it so much we spun up a hosted server so we could play with it. I've never managed a server or modpack before, just played on other people's, so pardon me if this is a dumb question. Is there anything like WorldEdit included in this pack? I've done some reading and it looks like there's a way to install it through Liteloader or CraftBukkit. But the front page also says, "Adding new mods will cause huge imbalances."

Do basic tools like WorldEdit count as "adding a mod"? As far as I can tell Mods means things like GregTech and Applied Energistics that add new blocks and functions, not just a tool for moving blocks around, but I wasn't sure.

But if one of the mods in the pack already includes something with similar functionality, then I won't even need to bother. Thanks!
As long as the mod in question does not affect worldgen or add new blocks and items which might cause ItemID conflicts, you should be fine adding additional mods to your server. For example, on the Official Public Server we have added MyTown2 (for some basic grief protection), ServerTools (for granular player permission control) and Morpheus (for sleep voting), plus a mod or two that helps us analyze lag. Of course the only way to be sure is to set up your server with World Edit and try it out.

One thing to keep in mind when you update your server to new versions... make sure to keep copies of your added mods and their associated configs BEFORE updating the server. Then after the update is complete, just move your added mods and configs back into their respective folders. Otherwise they may be erased during the update.

EDIT: Oh, and there is nothing in the modpack that already has World Edit functionality. So if that is what you want, you'll have to add it. And yes, if you use World Edit in normal play, it could unbalance the game and make it too easy. If it is carefully used as an administrative tool only, well then it depends on how you use it.

Last edited:
A

AlexG

Great, thanks for clearing that up. No worries on game balance, we're just trying to do some megabuilds and didn't relish the idea of placing a billion blocks by hand. :)

Just tried it and it didn't work, so I have some more research to do, but glad to hear it should be possible. FTB modpacks are Forge based, right? EDIT: Nevermind, I can see right in Minecraft where it lists the version in the bottom left corner that it is.

If I have further questions I'll start my own thread... don't want to clutter the modpack thread with unreleated posts.

Thanks again!

S

Sven "flamestrider"

im both on LV and MV, having difficulty with power atm, so i would like to use it for power. So im wondering on whats the most effective based on power. I've noticed theres many ways of making multiple types of fuel.
on Joel Falks table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1352951525
on the tab for Low tech power systems there is a calculation for making nitro-diesel for non-dist. tower setups, it's more or less applicable to your querry, but it's a worthy point of reference for any power system imo.
It's currently set up for using oilsand as a oilsource but the processes needed for heavy oil isn't too different.... mostly because the nitro part the larger part of processing oil->nitrodiesel.
Hope it goes well, if not just give the thread another holler why don't you ;)

N

Navarin

Is there a way to stop a machine (an electrolyzer) from trying to completely fill its output buffer? I could do it with a redstone comparator, a tank, and a machine controller, but I'm looking for something more compact/elegant than that.

For instance, if there's a way to have the fluid detector read an input tank, that would be cool.

Edit: After messing around a bit, I got a halfway decent solution using the activity detector. The electrolyzer will run twice as much as it needs to (2000L Hydrogen when I only need 1000), but it's still better than having it try to fill 64000L when I put it down. Still feel like I'm missing something simple though.

Last edited:

donto

Jul 29, 2019
on Joel Falks table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...GNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1352951525
on the tab for Low tech power systems there is a calculation for making nitro-diesel for non-dist. tower setups, it's more or less applicable to your querry, but it's a worthy point of reference for any power system imo.
It's currently set up for using oilsand as a oilsource but the processes needed for heavy oil isn't too different.... mostly because the nitro part the larger part of processing oil->nitrodiesel.
Hope it goes well, if not just give the thread another holler why don't you ;)

Thanks for the help. But one last question, i have a heavy oil source. And according to the recipes, you get more light fuel by distilling the heavy oil to regular oil first. rather than making heavy oil straight to light fuel. is this correct? :)

T

turtle0574

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I've found vanilla redstone ore spawning with vanilla mechanics (random small veins at spawning layers) when theoretically this should have been disabled by GregTech.
2016-06-14_17.18.55.png

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I just got out of MV era, thanks to building the GT Large Turbine. I already had the steam infrastructure thanks to my Tungstensteel GT Boiler and Titanium GT Boiler feeding my Railcraft Steel Tank as a steam buffer for my MV Turbines. Using a Fluxed Electrum Turbine Rotor, I'm getting somewhere around 1100 EU/t out of the Large Turbine (which is EV), then I step it down via EV->HV Transformer to get 4 amps of 512 volts out of it. Just yesterday I replaced all my MV machines with HV because of the power increase. Since I'm not generating a full 2048 EU/t, my EV battery buffer boxes do slowly drain when I'm running my production machines, but it's a slow drain that is manageable.

I have 13 million buckets of oil that I pumped, so I definitely want to build the Distillation Tower and make fuel, however, it seems like the only use for fuel is in the GT Diesel Generators, and those only go up to HV... but I'm already halfway to "full EV" thanks to my Large Turbine, and it seems like it would be much better to build another Large Turbine rather than build the Distillation Tower and spam a whole bunch of HV Diesel Generators to use that fuel... looking for feedback from others.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I've found vanilla redstone ore spawning with vanilla mechanics (random small veins at spawning layers) when theoretically this should have been disabled by GregTech.
View attachment 28025
Is there a bee hive there by any chance? I believe some special hives spawn naturally with redstone. This would be a modded bee mechanic rather than vanilla.

Reactions: Dlur100

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

It's nice to be able to find a little vanilla redstone now and then, but with the beehive rarity, it doesn't seem to spawn often enough anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal. You can most likely fortune it with a vanilla enchanted pickaxe, if you wanted a lot of redstone but it's hardly worth worrying about, as I have found few redstone encased beehives anyway.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Thanks for the help. But one last question, i have a heavy oil source. And according to the recipes, you get more light fuel by distilling the heavy oil to regular oil first. rather than making heavy oil straight to light fuel. is this correct? :)
I haven't looked that closely at those recipes... have you compared the energy cost of the different paths? Just because it's more light fuel doesn't mean it's better to produce it that way unless you get more power from the end-result.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I haven't looked that closely at those recipes... have you compared the energy cost of the different paths? Just because it's more light fuel doesn't mean it's better to produce it that way unless you get more power from the end-result.

Wouldn't it be better to set up an energy system that processes something you can easily get excess of that needs to be disposed of, and use that energy system to power the oil cracking instead of having it fuel itself? Most of the modded Minecraft contraptions I've seen usually have some kind of energy system powering some complicated machinery, and the source usually doesn't use the processed materials from the machinery being used. Or did Jason do something to nerf most of the usable ones into oblivion in this modpack?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Wouldn't it be better to set up an energy system that processes something you can easily get excess of that needs to be disposed of, and use that energy system to power the oil cracking instead of having it fuel itself? Most of the modded Minecraft contraptions I've seen usually have some kind of energy system powering some complicated machinery, and the source usually doesn't use the processed materials from the machinery being used. Or did Jason do something to nerf most of the usable ones into oblivion in this modpack?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Most of the time using one fuel-type to produce another is generally a good idea... especially where margins on energy cost and energy output are slim. That isn't the case for nitro diesel most of the time... so it's easy to run on nitro diesel itself. Most setups I've seen use the sulfuric acid to run the sulfur-cleaning part of this kind of setup but otherwise use nitro-diesel for the rest of the machines.
For an example(of using other energy sources) I generally use both solar boilers and charcoal to run methane production lines, both the hydrogen splitting one and the food to methane one.
I've also seen setups using thaumcraft to produce both charcoal and alumentum for powering boilers... so to answer "did Jason do something to nerf most of the usable ones" no he hasn't but they generally require more work and thought than in "vanilla" tech-packs.

F

FutureCode

What's that "moonstranded"? Is it a custom map for Infitech with new mods/quests/recipes?