[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

ok so big question is it worth sifting gem dusts? ive kinda skipped around the book and felt like i dont even need it. the % of each doesnt seem to outweight any other process.
sifting gem dust is necessary if you want better than "normal" type gems, the only way to get the two higher tier gems are by sifting, unless you want to get "stupid" lucky with drops from mining "small" ore, that's one reason to sift I guess.

Last edited:
F

FutureCode

ok so big question is it worth sifting gem dusts? ive kinda skipped around the book and felt like i dont even need it. the % of each doesnt seem to outweight any other process.

The sifter gives more output if you are aiming to get dust instead of gems. Some processes involving dusts, like making industrial diamonds, will also benefit from it.

Also, the sifter is probably the only reasonable way to go after using Advanced Miner II to mine gem ores, and then using bee combs to quadruple them, thus making it a vital part in end game ore processing.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just getting back into infitech after a long break from minecraft... last version I played was 2.8. Now just entering steel age, and Just a quick question: I've been unable to unlock golemancy as of yet, are there specific requirements in the current version? (other than the hungry chest). I've researched all of the aspects I'm aware of, as well as the hungry chest.

Probably something obvious I'm missing, never been much of a fan of thaumcraft, but I'm trying to stick with the default modpack.

Ultimaheart4

Jul 29, 2019
Just getting back into infitech after a long break from minecraft... last version I played was 2.8. Now just entering steel age, and Just a quick question: I've been unable to unlock golemancy as of yet, are there specific requirements in the current version? (other than the hungry chest). I've researched all of the aspects I'm aware of, as well as the hungry chest.

Probably something obvious I'm missing, never been much of a fan of thaumcraft, but I'm trying to stick with the default modpack.

Try researching all the metal researches in alchemy tab. Its what i did and most of my other researches we unlocking. The recipies are completely different from vanilla.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I think you need to scan that...vacuum...crystal...thing that you throw. After it breaks.

Worst...explanation..ever.
That's the avarice pearl and that's for thirsty tanks, not golems.

You need infusion researched first, to get infusion you need the vinteum crystal, to get that head left in infusion through alchemical duplication and processing past shard recrystallisation.

Reactions: starwolf
P

Pyromancer56

Trying to finish up the HQM book and was wondering about the Ultimate Battery. Last I checked it's not even possible to charge it within any reasonable time frame. Am I missing something or is it just not intended to be completed? I mean even if you could generate and charge it with MAX voltage it would still take about 7 years.

Last edited:
R

Rogash

Trying to finish up the HQM book and was wondering about the Ultimate Battery. Last I checked it's not even possible to charge it within any reasonable time frame. Am I missing something or is it just not intended to be completed? I mean even if you could generate and charge it with MAX voltage it would still take about 7 years.
I think that you're not supposed to fill it...it's just an option for energy storage and to start fusion reactions

S

Sven "flamestrider"

I think that you're not supposed to fill it...it's just an option for energy storage and to start fusion reactions
I think it's Greg's way of saying :p to completionists... I mean after all, what is the real point of filling a battery, isn't it to use it's charge for something? After all if you build a water dam(IRL) you don't just let it fill with water, you use the energy from the collected water to power stuff. Only fictional characters merely collect "power" for it's own sake, like Scrooge McDuck.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Hello
I updated the modpack to the latest version and now my enderio farm is not working right:
It has power, it has sapling, it has an axe and I have tried different ones, its on always active.
I broke it and put it back again and it worked for a bit but then it stopped working again.

Can someone help me?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hello
I updated the modpack to the latest version and now my enderio farm is not working right:
It has power, it has sapling, it has an axe and I have tried different ones, its on always active.
I broke it and put it back again and it worked for a bit but then it stopped working again.

Can someone help me?
known bug in latest EnderIO unfortunately. Downgrading EnderIO should fix it.

T

Trusty Patches

Hi guys.

I'm thinking about using the IC2 fluid reactor to produce hot coolant and then use the gregtech Large Heat Exchanger to create steam... unfortunately i couldn't find/do a design better than this one:
TxrMLmD.png

The ideal was to produce 4000 Hu/s in a single reactor... but i'm nowhere near that point. Does anyone have a good design/ideas that can share?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi guys.

I'm thinking about using the IC2 fluid reactor to produce hot coolant and then use the gregtech Large Heat Exchanger to create steam... unfortunately i couldn't find/do a design better than this one:
The ideal was to produce 4000 Hu/s in a single reactor... but i'm nowhere near that point. Does anyone have a good design/ideas that can share?
There's probably no "single reactor" solution to solve your problem, not a Mark 1 (fully stable) solution anyway.

Instead you would want to create multiple reactors (2 or 3?) to achieve the same purpose. If you can't quite hit the 4000 mark, you can also use integrated circuits in the LHE to reduce the Superheated Steam threshold. You lose some efficiency but its still worth it compared to regular steam.

Reactions: Trusty Patches
S

Sven "flamestrider"

Hi guys.

TxrMLmD.png

Like Pyure said, a single reactor can't reach too high and also be stable... but here's one designs if you want. It's a bit lower in Hu/s but it has 4.33 Efficiency compared with your 3.00 Efficiency design:
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...w4vn4o94y50sx8o2c2kbxmz0i1907c8tn8myu07dw67ls
With 1120Hu/s and only three quad rods per run instead of your 1344Hu/s and seven quad rods per run. (the above efficiency is compared when running in normal mode, fluid mode is higher)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trusty Patches
P

Pyromancer56

I think it's Greg's way of saying :p to completionists... I mean after all, what is the real point of filling a battery, isn't it to use it's charge for something? After all if you build a water dam(IRL) you don't just let it fill with water, you use the energy from the collected water to power stuff. Only fictional characters merely collect "power" for it's own sake, like Scrooge McDuck.

The thing is that it's part of HQM making it impossible to technically get 100%. This has nothing to do with Greg. I know about the battery, I just wanted to know if there was some magical way of filling it since it was included as part of a quest.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
The closest I ever got to winning this game:
TR2HlaP.png

So only about 6 years, 11 months, and 20 days to go!

Reactions: Pyure and FURi4N

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with AE2's molecular assembler (autocrafting). Say I want to craft a screw. I put two bolts and a file in the pattern and place the pattern in a ME Interface attached to the molecular assembler. First I craft something else with the file - it now loses a bit of durability. Now I go to the ME crafting terminal and request the crafting of a screw. It refuses saying I don't have a file with the durability that the pattern states. How can I make the durability of tools "fuzzy". I have a fuzzy upgrade but AE2 won't let me put it in in the ME interface (where I thought the fuzzy-ness would be appropriate). So how do I do it?

EDIT: I figured it out. When you make the pattern, there is a box that can be checked that allows ore-dictionary substitutions. If this box is checked, the tools' durability is ignored (and it works).

Last edited:
Reactions: asb3pe

Gambo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still on version 3.2.5.1. I have built an AE2 wireless terminal. How do I charge it up? The AE2 charger is in NEI but there is no recipe for it. Do I need to build an EV Gregtech charger for it?