[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Those guides are still relevant. Only thing that is big change is that all crops that produce metal/gem require metal or gem block underneath the soil to fully mature. And that is NOT our change.
I should have put my response in brackets that read [CLUE][/CLUE] for Brick's benefit. I already knew that IC2 crops were pretty standard release. But thank you for your reply :-D

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Does anyone know of any good world seeds? I haven't had any luck with worlds.
You kinda need to say what type of world you like then... and if you play on normal or large biomes.... opinions are like butcracks... divided on every person ;)

Reactions: sprAngles

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Have been playing around more with my tree setup to make it produce even more stuff than heavy oil and biogas. This time around i made it so i can swith between running wood to make oil but also charcoal. Moreover i boosted the process heavily by making the advanced nitrogen setup with liquid air and several gaseous byproducts so the process is twice as fast and produces nitrogen, oxygen, argon, methane, deuterium and carbon dioxide.

It produces 2.5 charcoal per second and 500 mb/s creosote so i will actually need to boost my alumentum setup a lot to manage to keep up with it.

http://prntscr.com/bd4uu9

Now im just gonna add a tungstensteel boiler to run off excess creosote and alumentum to power the whole thing (currently running on biogas turbine :)

After that i think i will add another distillation tower so i also produce ethanol from apples and sapplings just because :D

Once that is done i will produce an extraordinary amount of things indefinetly of 1 tree farm as well as a shitton of power :)

Overview
http://prntscr.com/bd52gf

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I should have put my response in brackets that read [CLUE][/CLUE] for Brick's benefit. I already knew that IC2 crops were pretty standard release. But thank you for your reply :-D

I couldn't tell if you were trying to be serious or not, so decided not to go there. Jason obviously thinks you're serious, so he filled in a few pieces of information for you! ;)

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
No. I am about save that i see in main menu of minecraft on screenshots :)
prntscr.com/bd62vx

Those screenshots you see are from older versions of the modpack. I don't know who has the save files used to generate them, them but they might not be usable even if they were available to you, due to significant changes between modpack versions.

In short, it would be very complicated if you wanted to load an older version of a save file intended for an earlier version of this modpack. The screenshots, from what I understand, are screenshots Jason and the modpack devs put together to show people what can be done.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What's that? I don't think such things exist. I also noticed I'm missing this research.

Anyway, managed to unlock KAMI :D
Yeah, I missed a few researches to require KAMI in the script. Specifically opening the eye through outer revelations, digi-essentia storage from Thaumic Energistics and the new cluster researches. It should be fixed in the next version. I think those two blocks spawn in the outer lands dungeons though if you're looking for them, which would be worth doing as the way researches work the extra prereqs being added should blackout anything you've already got that isn't unlocked any longer. I think that's how it works.

I also added two tips to the album for anyone, a mention of scanning banners to unlock banners and the automagy mob lures. Specifically included a mention of where to find hellfire wisps too.

C

Cottonbaler27

Hello I have found a minor bug. The concrete from the "chisel" mod is slowing walking speeds rather than increasing the speed. This issue does not replicate when using the exact version of chisel independently.

Thanks.

P

Pyromancer56

Yeah looks like I'll have to wait for the update to access KAMI. Finished all researches and then Ichor shows up but tells me I lack the required knowledge to understand it when I click it.

I also have a question about the materials to make Ichor. I know the soul to make 8 Ichor is the type from cutting yourself with the Etheric Sword and sacrificing one heart. Is the Soul of a forgotten deity only obtainable as a ridiculously low drop chance from any mob that is improved by the Kikoku? And what is the Soul is too weak and has been spread too thin? How does one make Notches Brew? Is Dragons blood still made with IC2 brewing?

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah looks like I'll have to wait for the update to access KAMI. Finished all researches and then Ichor shows up but tells me I lack the required knowledge to understand it when I click it.
Means you don't have all the researches I believe, double check against this album. It contains screenshots of every non-kami research in the game I believe and definitely includes every research you need to unlock Kami.

For your other questions.

1. Yes that's the only way to get the forgotten deity soul.
  2. Soul fragments are capped at 30% max hp, once you've got 30% you'll start getting weak ones which can't be used for crafting the watering can or regaining a missing 10% HP. There's no limit to how many weak ones you can get.
  3. Read the text and note what a notch apple is. (Hint: Look at the recipe for cider) (Solution: Just make cider with a notch apple)
  4. Yes, it's still made that way. Instructions in the text again. (Hint: How do you make beer dark?) (Solution: Repeat the process to turn beer into dark beer on dark beer)

P

Pyromancer56

Means you don't have all the researches I believe, double check against this album. It contains screenshots of every non-kami research in the game I believe and definitely includes every research you need to unlock Kami.

For your other questions.

1. Yes that's the only way to get the forgotten deity soul.
  2. Soul fragments are capped at 30% max hp, once you've got 30% you'll start getting weak ones which can't be used for crafting the watering can or regaining a missing 10% HP. There's no limit to how many weak ones you can get.
  3. Read the text and note what a notch apple is. (Hint: Look at the recipe for cider) (Solution: Just make cider with a notch apple)
  4. Yes, it's still made that way. Instructions in the text again. (Hint: How do you make beer dark?) (Solution: Repeat the process to turn beer into dark beer on dark beer)
I'm guessing it wants the elemental fires which are disabled on the server I play on because otherwise I have everything.

So guess I have to gimp myself or get lucky to make ichor then. Though I might as well gimp myself since I can't even survive the hardcore wither when it uses death explosion anyway. Using a combination of enchanted Primordial armor and the Advanced Nanochestplate. HEE charms don't seem to work since damage reduction runes actually make you take more damage. Three 30% damage reduction runes double the damage you take, two seems to increase damage taken slightly, and one does nothing. The damage charm seems to suffer the same way. The more of them you have the less damage you do.

TC runic shielding acts weird as well. I have a piece of armor with 3 shielding. With it when I take a hit from a zombie pigman I lose all shields and take 4 points of damage. If I don't have shields up I take 5 points of damage.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing it wants the elemental fires which are disabled on the server I play on because otherwise I have everything.

So guess I have to gimp myself or get lucky to make ichor then. Though I might as well gimp myself since I can't even survive the hardcore wither when it uses death explosion anyway. Using a combination of enchanted Primordial armor and the Advanced Nanochestplate. HEE charms don't seem to work since damage reduction runes actually make you take more damage. Three 30% damage reduction runes double the damage you take, two seems to increase damage taken slightly, and one does nothing. The damage charm seems to suffer the same way. The more of them you have the less damage you do.

TC runic shielding acts weird as well. I have a piece of armor with 3 shielding. With it when I take a hit from a zombie pigman I lose all shields and take 4 points of damage. If I don't have shields up I take 5 points of damage.
Yeah, elemental fires are required. I'll remove them from the requirements in the next version to avoid that.

You don't have to gimp yourself, reread answer 2. You can use a normal soul fragment to get 10% of your max HP back, and craft unlimited weak fragments once down to 30%. To get unlimited weak without permanently harming yourself you'll have to get down to 30%, craft a ton of weak, and then consume the seven normals you got to get back up to 100%.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
My impression from the above is that not only do you find the largest minecraft tech geeks here but also the largest magic geeks, how you find the patiance to get that far into thaumcraft is beyond me :)

For the big Thaumcraft gurus in here:
What do you consider the largest milestones in thaumcraft? Like what fun things can you aim for in the long run that will really have a big impact on your playthrough. All this talk about thaumcraft is starting to convince me to maybe try and go a bit deeper into thaumcraft so it would be nice to have a few things to aim for :)

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I would say the primordial warhammer, since its a 3*3 mining tool. The osmotic enchanter is nice, too...

P

Pyromancer56

Yeah, elemental fires are required. I'll remove them from the requirements in the next version to avoid that.

You don't have to gimp yourself, reread answer 2. You can use a normal soul fragment to get 10% of your max HP back, and craft unlimited weak fragments once down to 30%. To get unlimited weak without permanently harming yourself you'll have to get down to 30%, craft a ton of weak, and then consume the seven normals you got to get back up to 100%.

Ah thanks, I didn't think you could regain the missing health from the normal fragment and had to use the deity soul to regain.

My impression from the above is that not only do you find the largest minecraft tech geeks here but also the largest magic geeks, how you find the patiance to get that far into thaumcraft is beyond me :)

For the big Thaumcraft gurus in here:
What do you consider the largest milestones in thaumcraft? Like what fun things can you aim for in the long run that will really have a big impact on your playthrough. All this talk about thaumcraft is starting to convince me to maybe try and go a bit deeper into thaumcraft so it would be nice to have a few things to aim for :)

Osmotic enchanter is a great item. Need access to EV machines to be able to make the Adamantium though. It lets you pick what enchants you want to put on an item instead of dealing with books or random chance. Get a decent energized node and you are set.

Something a little easier that is really handy would be the Thaumatorium. Makes duplication and transmutation so much easier with both being really useful at pretty much all stages of the game. A little low on a specific metal? Sacrifice a metal you have a lot of (or mana beans) to duplicate the metal you need. Great for clay and certus quartz as well.

Thaumic restorer makes repairing items and gear simple (except GT tools). Burn flint for some instrumentum and done.

The dynamism tablet is essentially the autonomous activator. Auto right click or left clicks things. Have one set up to auto fill a cauldron for easier dust cleaning. Can also use it to kill mobs.

Honestly I could probably go on all day. Thaumcraft is one of my favorite mods and offers a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel Falk