[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Doesn't actually exist, that's the specialty product and just requires an exact match on the temperature/humidity. Seen the devs comment on that before, while there are biomes that match which can give the illusion of needing a specific biome you don't actually have a biome requirement.

So if that doesn't actually exist, why then are there Hell biome bees that only work in the Nether and have a rather specific biome requirement? The more I look into bees, the less I understand about them. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I asked Jason what is good for mining anything it wants to, and he replied saying the Vajra is what I needed. Just be careful with that thing though, it can mine just about anything and could make your base disappear and reappear as items at your feet quite easily! :D if you're familiar with IC2 and don't mind setting up a complicated charging infrastructure for it, IC2's Vajra or Mining Laser seem to be the way to go. Also, if you haven't already, about 4 Forestry Miner's and Digger's backpacks each solves a lot of inventory clutter issues and enables you to haul off most of a vein plus some excess cobble for building with if you're so inclined.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

They're both a tad out of my league at the moment :(

I've been using projectred backpacks - I live just next door to a spider spawner, so was able to farm them to get a few stacks of string early on.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
They're both a tad out of my league at the moment :(

I've been using projectred backpacks - I live just next door to a spider spawner, so was able to farm them to get a few stacks of string early on.

Nice! Once you're done needing string from it you should convert it into a Powered Spawner from EnderIO and use it to spawn whatever mob would be suitable for a power generation method, grinding them up with Killer Joes from same. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So if that doesn't actually exist, why then are there Hell biome bees that only work in the Nether and have a rather specific biome requirement? The more I look into bees, the less I understand about them. :D
Hellish is a special super temperature only possible to achieve in normal forestry by being in the nether, making them need the nether as a result. If you could replicate it outside the nether they should work, you just can't do that. Gendustry might be able to though.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hellish is a special super temperature only possible to achieve in normal forestry by being in the nether, making them need the nether as a result. If you could replicate it outside the nether they should work, you just can't do that. Gendustry might be able to though.
Hellish can be done with gendustry.

As for previous post about metals, I use cobalt but when I don't have it I use thuamium instead. I try to get to electrical tools asap.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was a bit surprised to enjoy using GT drills. Is the mining speed on these things static though? I should have seen a speed difference between steelleaf and damascus, but they both ended up being 24 on a (LV) drill.

I carry two drills around on me, I find I can do an appropriate amount of mining with two drills before I run out of power (assuming I don't bring a lappack of some sort)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I was a bit surprised to enjoy using GT drills. Is the mining speed on these things static though? I should have seen a speed difference between steelleaf and damascus, but they both ended up being 24 on a (LV) drill.
No both steeleaf and damascus are speed 8 materials, and it's not static. LV is 3x base speed, MV 6x, and HV 9x, a pickaxe is the base speed so they're effectively just multipliers on that.

Reactions: Sven "flamestrider"
B

Bob Lawblah

so I've been trying to follow the quest book and the book is hinting that I can use the compressor to make diamonds so I can make a steam macerator. Ok, fine, so i look up the recipe and I find that I need obsidian. Okay, let me just look for a bronze age tool that will mine obsidian. huh, nothing that I can see. I guess I need a level 3 mining pickaxe which is beyond the bronze age. So I'm left to basically getting lucky with a chest drop or finding small diamond blocks and hope i get 2 diamonds. Is there a way of making or mining obsidian that is solely within the gregtech bronze age structure? Meaning, with tin, copper, iron and coal, is it possible to mine or make the industrial diamonds required to make the steam macerator?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I'm still having issues with torch placement suddenly not working, but moving around my world seems unaffected by this. I was traveling back to a vein I'd found and heard a zombie noise, found a small puddle of water with a zombie in it deep underground, killed the zombie, and went to light up the place. I couldn't do that because torch placement suddenly stopped working. I relogged after traveling back to my base location around 200 blocks in x,z directions distant and was able to place torches after fully exiting out of it and restarting. I ended up filling in the pool of water, it was so small, anyway. It seems that there is a server/client desync issue here, because the torch placement seems to go wonky all of a sudden. This is torch placement either using EnderIO's Dark Pick or right-clicking to place it whilst holding the torches. It seems to happen randomly and without apparent cause.

This is making this modpack unplayable for me at least until a fix can be pushed for it. I may end up playing more Infinity Evolved Skyblock whilst waiting for something to do. That skyblock modpack is very grindy, but doable. :D

I look forward to seeing when Jason and the others working on this modpack can get a fix for this released. I would submit a crash report if I had any to submit, but apparently that doesn't happen. Are FTB logs of a play session of any use in debugging this? If so, I might submit one next time it happens, if I can find the time.

Also, before anyone asks, no, I don't play two modpacks simultaneously, this PC would probably fall flat on it's Desktop if I tried that. As for Windows 10, there was a recent Java update, I'm unsure if this had anything to do with the issues, though, as I recall similar incidents before Java was updated.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
so I've been trying to follow the quest book and the book is hinting that I can use the compressor to make diamonds so I can make a steam macerator. Ok, fine, so i look up the recipe and I find that I need obsidian. Okay, let me just look for a bronze age tool that will mine obsidian. huh, nothing that I can see. I guess I need a level 3 mining pickaxe which is beyond the bronze age. So I'm left to basically getting lucky with a chest drop or finding small diamond blocks and hope i get 2 diamonds. Is there a way of making or mining obsidian that is solely within the gregtech bronze age structure? Meaning, with tin, copper, iron and coal, is it possible to mine or make the industrial diamonds required to make the steam macerator?

If you can find enough whole pieces of Iridium, not the small pieces that compress to one Iridium, in loot chests from worldgen, you might be lucky enough to come across that or Dark Steel ingots. These can be used with the GregTech Hammer and File to make a Dark Pick or an Iridium Pickaxe. The recipes are in NEI so if you can find some Dark Steel or Iridium, you should be able to make a pick able to mine Obsidian.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
See those large black spheres deep underwater? Bring a door, some torches, and an Iron or better pick. Swim down and place the door on top of the sphere... instant breathing pocket. Now dig down 2 or three blocks in the middle. You might need to explore several, but you should find vanilla diamond ore embedded in the hollow interior... meaning it can be mined with iron. Swim back up, catch your breath, don't forget to take your door and carry on :)

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
See those large black spheres deep underwater? Bring a door, some torches, and an Iron or better pick. Swim down and place the door on top of the sphere... instant breathing pocket. Now dig down 2 or three blocks in the middle. You might need to explore several, but you should find vanilla diamond ore embedded in the hollow interior... meaning it can be mined with iron. Swim back up, catch your breath, don't forget to take your door and carry on :)

If you're lucky early on, and know how to trap vanilla Minecraft Endermen so they can't get to you under a 2-high ceiling, catch yourself some Enderpearl mob drops from them and avoid a lot of swimming. :D The most deadly Enderman can do zip if it can't get to you! :D They become a Pez Dispenser with a bad attitude!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

B

Bob Lawblah

.....holy shit. I always thought those were AE meteors or something. Thought there were too many to be AE. You have changed my game!

That said, I found some diamonds from stealing from the cave spider tree chests and am on my way. I guess it's just weird that they want you to find diamonds in the world but the quest book hints that you need to use the compressor to make diamonds for the macerator.

On a side note, is there any way to make the dough creation process less clicky for pam's harvestcraft?

H

Herrminator1994

.....holy shit. I always thought those were AE meteors or something. Thought there were too many to be AE. You have changed my game!

That said, I found some diamonds from stealing from the cave spider tree chests and am on my way. I guess it's just weird that they want you to find diamonds in the world but the quest book hints that you need to use the compressor to make diamonds for the macerator.

On a side note, is there any way to make the dough creation process less clicky for pam's harvestcraft?
You can use bricks instead of obsidian

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

You might try setting up some Logistics Pipes crafting or one of the Tables that can craft liquids and make items as needed. I forget which it is in this modpack, but anything that could do what a Liquicrafter could do would craft the dough. I wish Jason had made the dough recipe require something stackable like glass bottles, even if it was four bottles of water in a 3x3 crafting grid and one dough, that would have been easier on my fingers. Oh well, can't have everything, but I think most things in this modpack are automatable to a very large extent if you're willing to implement the GregTech infrastructure needed, which is the main goal of this modpack.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I guess it's just weird that they want you to find diamonds in the world but the quest book hints that you need to use the compressor to make diamonds for the macerator.

Im guessing he wants you to smelt coal ore into coal, crush them into dust with steam hammer, then combine 64 coal dust with 8 flint to make compressed coal ball in the compressor and then combine with obsidian to make coal chunk that can be made into an industrial diamond. Only problem is that it needs obsidian so you need to get a tier 3 pickaxe which you can do in a number of ways. Its a nice way to work around if you cant find a diamond vein as coal veins are usually quite plentifull :) Just make one of the many tier 3 GT pickaxe so you can mine obsidian and you should be able to make all the diamonds you need from coal.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Im guessing he wants you to smelt coal ore into coal, crush them into dust with steam hammer, then combine 64 coal dust with 8 flint to make compressed coal ball in the compressor and then combine with obsidian to make coal chunk that can be made into an industrial diamond. Only problem is that it needs obsidian so you need to get a tier 3 pickaxe which you can do in a number of ways. Its a nice way to work around if you cant find a diamond vein as coal veins are usually quite plentifull :) Just make one of the many tier 3 GT pickaxe so you can mine obsidian and you should be able to make all the diamonds you need from coal.

The only problem I have with the complexity of that recipe is that it's quite a task for even Logistics Pipes to properly manage. If the correct tier of pipe is installed it might not be a problem, if the machine pulverizing items is properly buffered to prevent bounceback from too many items being ordered at one time. Doing it manually or even semi-automatically means you would have to know quite a bit about how GregTech works.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
automation is only necessary if you are gonna produce diamonds continously which is not the case here i think. It's a nice early game solution if you can't find a diamond vein but i don't think its worth the effort putting up an automated system to make it unless you are gonna rely completly on coal for your diamond needs. 8 or so diamonds can be fairly easily made manually, it just a lot of time waiting by the steam hammer/compressor and it should cover what you need to make in the bronze age.