[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A huge advantage infitech2 has is excellent access to Blood Asp, and Greg allowing unofficial forks of version 5. It means we can keep the spirit of GT alive while tailoring some decisions in specific positive directions.

Haiwei

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed something with AE systems in that they seem to use more power when the player is not in a certain vicinity of the controller.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
So im looking over my options to make fuel. Im currently making it with a LV distillery powered by steam but it is extremly slow. Anyway to make this quicker that is not the distillation tower? I cant see to find the old BC refinery and i know the pneumaticraft system works however only gives 66,8% efficiency in oil to fuel (althought it requires no fuel to make it). Any other options?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So im looking over my options to make fuel. Im currently making it with a LV distillery powered by steam but it is extremly slow. Anyway to make this quicker that is not the distillation tower? I cant see to find the old BC refinery and i know the pneumaticraft system works however only gives 66,8% efficiency in oil to fuel (althought it requires no fuel to make it). Any other options?
Don't rule out the pneumaticcraft thing. It works just as well for net energy as the LV setup.

In your case, the answer might be "more distilleries" though.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
did the pneumaticraft thing, best one for speed ive found in the early game. http://prntscr.com/a649xq. diesel, kerosine, gasoline and LPG. Crack diesel and kerosine into gasoline and use an automated liquid compressor running on LPG to run the thermopneumatic processing plants. Could probably run 2-3 more refineries on the same setup

Sure i can make fuel with steam and distilleries but then i would have to seriously ramp up the steam production, and then i could just use the steam for power rather than going through diesel.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
just got my hands on some stainless steel finally. Now im wondering whats the best things to craft with it? If i remember right you can make an ore scanner and maybe some mining laser as well as all the electric tools. In what order of usefullness and importance would one craft these?

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to build base out of OW, please make a propper space station. I am asking you because noone is considering building a SS or MoonBase. Most of ppl just build stuff on Mars. I dont know about bees. But you can always just keep the bees in OW, chunk load the chunk they are in (in v3.2 I am adding Spot Loaders, to load 1 chunk for exactly these reasons) and connect it to AE2 system or any other stuff with teleporting capabilities.

I wonder why. To me, the idea of spacestation base OR asteroid base looks the most appealing from aesthetics point of view.

Also, Jason and team, thanks a _lot_ for this modpack. It kinda broke minecraft for me from some point - I've stopped enjoying mods & things I've used to enjoy - but it made my Minecraft experience extremely entertaining. And by extremely, I mean "WOW". The pack makes almost every action I decide to do either punishing either rewarding, and this is very cool.

Reactions: SolManX

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
just got my hands on some stainless steel finally. Now im wondering whats the best things to craft with it? If i remember right you can make an ore scanner and maybe some mining laser as well as all the electric tools. In what order of usefullness and importance would one craft these?
You can make universal macerator, it's quite useful thingie.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Guys please hurry up with 3.2! I feel the urge to play Minecraft again (and I can't really play any other modpack because IT2 is best), and 3.2 looks like it's gonna be even harder than before! Who knows, maybe it will take me 12 months instead of 4 to get MK3 fusion :D

Berserker66

Jul 29, 2019
Guys please hurry up with 3.2! I feel the urge to play Minecraft again (and I can't really play any other modpack because IT2 is best), and 3.2 looks like it's gonna be even harder than before! Who knows, maybe it will take me 12 months instead of 4 to get MK3 fusion :D

This is the first time I heard of 3.2. I just started playing infitech 2. Is that an update that'll need a new world or am I fine just going on for now? Just about to leave bronze age.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Well... It is almost finished. There is just few last bits that @Pyure and @Xavion needs to finish (then its up to me to put it together). Tomorrow probably I will start a testing part of the stuff we already have, probably on stream as well, so you will all have a chance to checkout part of the update.
This is the first time I heard of 3.2. I just started playing infitech 2. Is that an update that'll need a new world or am I fine just going on for now? Just about to leave bronze age.
New world is not required, but for best experience its recommended. There are few changes in early game (nerfs). If you are into thaumcraft... the overhaul in here is quite big.

Last edited:

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
What are some of the routes to nitro diesel, is nitrogen from air combined with carbon a viable alternative for instance?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What are some of the routes to nitro diesel, is nitrogen from air combined with carbon a viable alternative for instance?
I think that is how most people do it.

Personally, I preferred to get nitrogen from ender pearls, as I found it to be cheaper in energy. If memory serves.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I think that is how most people do it.

Personally, I preferred to get nitrogen from ender pearls, as I found it to be cheaper in energy. If memory serves.
I think you are correct. But one has to have an ender pearl farm (which is not hard to do with Ender Lilies on Ender Cores - or whatever they are called - and one of the 3 (maybe 4) possible farm types).

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, it works, it was a bit more machine hungry than i thought :)
http://prntscr.com/a6mxow
Do you guys have any advice how to inject items into the second input slot of the chemical reactor? Think i remembered gregtech had some router that could do that stuff

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, it works, it was a bit more machine hungry than i thought :)
http://prntscr.com/a6mxow
Do you guys have any advice how to inject items into the second input slot of the chemical reactor? Think i remembered gregtech had some router that could do that stuff
Robot Arm i believe is what your looking for but i haven't gotten arround to troubleshoot that piece of shit (yah, i had some problem working it as cover ;p)

Edit: There might be a machine that does it too but i can't remember...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Robot Arm i believe is what your looking for but i haven't gotten arround to troubleshoot that piece of shit (yah, i had some problem working it as cover ;p)

Edit: There might be a machine that does it too but i can't remember...
There is also regulator for inserting exact amounts to specific slots

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk