[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Guess thats my next project. Doing a dangerous level infusion with my current altar was VERY volatile, damn near went to shit.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the way infusion stabilizers work makes it so that all stablizers are treated exactly the same, nothing is inherently better than any other, just depends on what you can build. In the update it gets easier, witching gadgets is getting added which adds two useful utilities for it, an item that can be used on infusion to tell you how stable an altar is and net stability given the current infusion and it adds a tooltip in NEI to items that can act as stabilizers. Generally candles are best, although they're being made a bit more expensive in the update to make it so they're only better than everything else by a large margin instead of vastly outstripping both heads and skulls in terms of ease of gain, not that they still aren't good.

But hey, should be out in a few days right? You'll get to see and marvel at all the little changes to thaumcraft, it's basically the same mod as ever, just redecorated a little.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
guess ile have to focus on my thaumcraft for a bit before Jason goes and breaks it for me :). Althought i am in the HV era so i should be able to do most things still.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you're in HV far enough to have the freezer and nichrome heating coils you'll be able to do anything, although it may take a little work to upgrade your EBF to handle EV voltage levels. Only one thing requires even that though, and only a couple need HV at all.

But hey, as the writer of the scripts and chooser/designer of a lot of the changes I can tell you with confidence iron wand caps have been disabled. Have fun figuring out how to make copper wand caps without a wand*.

* We made it easy, just read the thaumonomicon

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I do agree with what you are doing, this is the first time i really went in for breaking the early game with thaumcraft and it basically trivialize most of the gregtech early game if you feel like it. tiering some of the more powerfull aspects of thaumcraft into gregtech makes sense if you want a modpack centered around gregtech.

Im in the HV era and i have still only used 3 ore veins, one graphite (althought i mostly used diamonds from nether fortress), one iron/copper(pyrite) and one redstone vein. Everything else ive transmuted. All of the early game ore processing was also done with thaumcraft so i quickly got really nice and quick ore doubbling which i then could convert into any of the basic ingots or alloys. I had to find small ore veins of the material and a little bit of antimony to get started thought. Still havent found that ellusive tin vein :D

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Out of all the changes transmutation came out best, being significantly more extensive than it is normally, adding things like a few magical metals like knightmetal, astral silver, and even adamantium along with a few other MV/HV materials than just aluminium including titanium and stainless steel.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Out of all the changes transmutation came out best, being significantly more extensive than it is normally, adding things like a few magical metals like knightmetal, astral silver, and even adamantium along with a few other MV/HV materials than just aluminium including titanium and stainless steel.

Titanium transmutation? Yay, I'm sure I'll come up with a way to get it out of cobble or sth :p

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Titanium transmutation? Yay, I'm sure I'll come up with a way to get it out of cobble or sth :p
Titanium is the hardest to mass produce sorry, titanium, uranium, and tungsten have a special limitation you see, they give an oxidised dust instead of nuggets. For uraninite and scheelite that's not too bad, just centrifuge them and you'll get what you want, even get some byproducts, the catch is that rutile is rather harder to deal with. So yeah, technically the titanium transmutation is titanium -> rutile, you'll need a bit of work to get it useful. Only the two capstone transmutations compare to it in difficulty and that's just because of the essentia they need, adamantium needs 54 tutamen and 36 nebrisum per ingot for example. Naquadah? Well naquadah should beat titanium for complexity, requiring seven different kinds of essentia including electrum, alienis, auram, and radio, radio being the tough one as it is only present in radioactive metals and as it tends to be 1 point per ingot so you can't even transmute uranium as that uses more radio then it gives, the only mass producible source I know of uses another new alchemy which uses another six essentia types along with lava and magical wax from bees.

So yeah, technically you can mass produce naquadah if you want a lofty goal, but you'll need a hell of a lot of infrastructure as it will require GT, thaumcraft, and bees from what I can tell along with more than a dozen different kinds of essentia needed.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Titanium is the hardest to mass produce sorry, titanium, uranium, and tungsten have a special limitation you see, they give an oxidised dust instead of nuggets. For uraninite and scheelite that's not too bad, just centrifuge them and you'll get what you want, even get some byproducts, the catch is that rutile is rather harder to deal with. So yeah, technically the titanium transmutation is titanium -> rutile, you'll need a bit of work to get it useful. Only the two capstone transmutations compare to it in difficulty and that's just because of the essentia they need, adamantium needs 54 tutamen and 36 nebrisum per ingot for example. Naquadah? Well naquadah should beat titanium for complexity, requiring seven different kinds of essentia including electrum, alienis, auram, and radio, radio being the tough one as it is only present in radioactive metals and as it tends to be 1 point per ingot so you can't even transmute uranium as that uses more radio then it gives, the only mass producible source I know of uses another new alchemy which uses another six essentia types along with lava and magical wax from bees.

So yeah, technically you can mass produce naquadah if you want a lofty goal, but you'll need a hell of a lot of infrastructure as it will require GT, thaumcraft, and bees from what I can tell along with more than a dozen different kinds of essentia needed.
I love this modpack :D

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Everything else ive transmuted.
Out of interest as I didn't ask before, what do you use as a source of lucrum? Out of all the essentias you need it's the only one I haven't found a farmable source of, even permutatio and sano can be gained from soybeans after all. Lucrum? Always interested to see how people tackle that one.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Out of interest as I didn't ask before, what do you use as a source of lucrum? Out of all the essentias you need it's the only one I haven't found a farmable source of, even permutatio and sano can be gained from soybeans after all. Lucrum? Always interested to see how people tackle that one.
Cursed earth mob farm(s) :p

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Have actually avoided any transmutation with lucrum so far, ive mostly been transmuting tin (glas),steel, oredoubbling, lead (chiseled stone bricks, now berries), bronze (flint), Nickel (netherrack). Dont remember what i used for antimony :p Generally lucrum seems to be found in gemstones and their respective ores so that probably what i would look into. Lots of those that i never use for anything proper. That brings me on to a point i like the most about alchemy is that i can put to use ores i would ordinary not find a use for. If i can't find a use for it i'le just transmute it to something usefull so doesnt just take upp space, its brilliant :)

I should probably go on a scanning craze on anything i can mass produce. For instance i should try all different ways of processing ingots in gregtech, pretty sure there are some interesting things in there. The basis for my transmutation has always been iron or copper nuggets since i get that in excess from mining the 3 lowest levels of copper/iron veins. What do you generally use?

Also how do i achieve the maximum transmutation speed? Alumentum and bellows speeds it up somewhat so i guess beyond that using multiple lines to produce the essentia is the way to go or is there a even better way?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also how do i achieve the maximum transmutation speed? Alumentum and bellows speeds it up somewhat so i guess beyond that using multiple lines to produce the essentia is the way to go or is there a even better way?
If you mean how to speed up the breaking of items into essentia in Alchemical thingies with Alembics (brain freeze, cant remember the name of those). Bellows and use Alumentum. That are the only option that I am aware of.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way if improving how fast the alchemical construct pulls in essentia? To me that seems to be the cap of how fast the system can be right now. Guessing if you want faster than that you just replicate the system to doubble the output

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I would love an advanced alchemical construct simliar to the advanced alchemical furnace. This way we dont need dozends of laggy machines for a large-scale replication setup...
Do you know any mod which adds such a thing?