[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is there any way if improving how fast the alchemical construct pulls in essentia? To me that seems to be the cap of how fast the system can be right now. Guessing if you want faster than that you just replicate the system to doubble the output
Are you using thaumic energistics?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I would love an advanced alchemical construct simliar to the advanced alchemical furnace. This way we dont need dozends of laggy machines for a large-scale replication setup...
Do you know any mod which adds such a thing?

I tried to search but haven't found anything. Using Thaumic Energistics lets you get the maximum out of the Thaumatorium with minimal lag, so I guess yeah, just add more of them..

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
The osmotic enchanter allows you to do any enchant basically for vis instead of xp, and disintegrate is an enchant from thaumic tinkerer.

Note the osmotic enchanter is a lot harder to get in the coming update, mainly because it allows basically any enchant from a near trivially mass producible resource. You can make it, just not too easy.

Just made the osmotic enchanter in 3.1 :) But I'm really looking forward to 3.2!

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, im so hyped for 3.2. I just hope Taumto gets his internet back before the official server switches to 3.2. What a tense race!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What do you generally use?
For lucrum you can use a gold coin cycle, although before 3.2 it's kinda cheaty, but you can oredict gold nuggets to gold coins to be able to create an metallum -> lucrum cycle. It's more official in 3.2 as while that was removed you can actually produce gold coins from gold bars so you can turn a gold ingot into 8 lucrum with a forming press and plate bender. Mostly things aren't too hard, use thickened glass for vitreus, centrifuge or candleberries for ordo, milk for sano, soybeans for permutatio. I've even managed to find renewable sources for every aspect in the process I think, the hardest is strontio, the only renewable one is that blank schematics from GT have a single point of it, and while most of their requirements are possible chlorine and redstone are hellish, chlorine for a titanium cycle is technically obtainable via lapis (88 lapis per chlorine cell) and for redstone you just need a netherrack generator, which seems to only be possible via the use of ignis imbued fire. Electrum, Nebrisum, and Radio are all far easier in comparison, Electrum comes at 1 per wire, nebrisum you can earn from enchanted golden apple juice, and radio you can earn from a rare earth production chain and using the trash products like cerium or lanthanum, fairly expensive and slow though.

For alchemy speed your only option is to build more really, my normal chokepoint tends to be how fast I can produce essentia, although the advanced alchemical furnace helps with extraction speed, no way to speed up the other part though.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any technical non-golem way to autofish?
Also, if there is not, how big are the chances that Mariculture would get included?
As a side note, enchantment table from Thaumic Tinkerer doesn't allow to enchant a Fishing Line w/ Lure, since it requires "Bestia" in form of vis, which you obviously can not get.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, if there is not, how big are the chances that Mariculture would get included?
As a side note, enchantment table from Thaumic Tinkerer doesn't allow to enchant a Fishing Line w/ Lure, since it requires "Bestia" in form of vis, which you obviously can not get.
Out of curiosity, what's your interest in fishing about?

Mariculture is tricky, it adds a ton of worldgen. I personally think its neato, and I keep wanting to see it in a pack where you use the fish breeding in a skyblock type situation, but I don't think it would fit awesomely into Infitech.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what's your interest in fishing about?

Mariculture is tricky, it adds a ton of worldgen. I personally think its neato, and I keep wanting to see it in a pack where you use the fish breeding in a skyblock type situation, but I don't think it would fit awesomely into Infitech.
Currently? Finally do that damn boots of the traveler. :-|
Problem is, I have like a stack of Pam's Harvestcraft fish.. Which doens't work on Infusion altar. This -can- be fixed by tinkering with configs/ModTweaker/etc, and I understand that, but for some point (aesthetics? masochism? crazyness?) I'd prefer some fishing automation machine.

Overall? Cooking, and I used to love fishie breeding in Mariculture.

Edit: Okay, after couple of hours fishing I've found the pam's fish -> fish recipe, lol. :)

Reactions: BrickVoid

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Ah right, harvestcraft screws with the fish tables...

I should probably go change that fishing core core recipe to not need clownfish, salmon, and pufferfish then shouldn't I?

EradurGwath

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is, I have like a stack of Pam's Harvestcraft fish.. Which doens't work on Infusion altar. This -can- be fixed by tinkering with configs/ModTweaker/etc, and I understand that, but for some point (aesthetics? masochism? crazyness?) I'd prefer some fishing automation machine.

Edit: Okay, after couple of hours fishing I've found the pam's fish -> fish recipe, lol. :)

Had the same problem, finally got a vanilla fish on the 15th try...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Still, "fish" fish works for infusion.
Only if I give it a wildcard for metadata will any vanilla fish work, I specified you have to use those three. I've just swapped it for any fish and added something else, I'm not too cruel and having to fish a hundred times for a clownfish is a little much.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the original question, you can use Pam's Fish Trap. Just set it in a pool of water, add fish bait and wait a couple Minecraft days. Yes, it collect lots of Pam's fish, but as you discovered, those can be freely converted to normal vanilla fish (which makes them easier to stack and store). It is a really easy early food source for a new player, and it also catches jellyfish which can be converted for a player's first slimeballs. Although it cannot be automated with pipes in any way, it is something I set up early, check once in a while when I walk by, and it makes more fish than I can ever use.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I started playing with bees, and I can't find the frame housing for the alveary anywhere... has it been disabled...? From what I see online it should exist... I think

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

I think Jason just loves messing with our heads! That is so simple I don't know why I didn't check on it earlier the first time I tried a fish trap! :D

Apparently, it doesn't work on crabs or certain other fish species. For instance, you can't turn a crab into a fish. :D

It is good, though, for getting slimeballs if you get the right drop from the fish trap. I forget what the name is offhand. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I have a question for Jason or anyone who knows what's going on with Pam's Harvestcraft: Why is it whenever I eat eat certain Pam's Harvestcraft meals, like Hearty Breakfast, that on rare occasion, it'll not give me anything from the meal for hunger or saturation but consume the meal anyway? Several times now I've had a meal just vanish into thin air on me, if this is a so-called "feature" I would like it turned OFF by whatever means possible!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid