[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Disabled per default. Enable in config.
Hm I thought I didn't tweak any configs, strange. Well, whatever, thanks!

Got 1 more thing that bothers me like hell: quite a while ago, when I was starting playing MC & got into modded games, I've used to configre JourneyMap so it never ever switches to Cave mode. I have no idea what option does that, as I've studied the config & configure menu in-game, but didn't find nothing. How do I cofig it so again? I hate it when out of nothing JM switches to caves.. Even if Im actually in cave.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Hm I thought I didn't tweak any configs, strange. Well, whatever, thanks!

Got 1 more thing that bothers me like hell: quite a while ago, when I was starting playing MC & got into modded games, I've used to configre JourneyMap so it never ever switches to Cave mode. I have no idea what option does that, as I've studied the config & configure menu in-game, but didn't find nothing. How do I cofig it so again? I hate it when out of nothing JM switches to caves.. Even if Im actually in cave.

1. IIRC, I thought I read that Jason changed this in the config a while back because the auto-equip trick would sometimes choose the wrong tool as the replacement which annoyed him. (please correct me if I am wrong)
2. Open the fullscreen JourneyMap, click the Options button at the top, then MiniMap Preset 1 and uncheck "Show Caves". I usually do this to MiniMap Preset 2 and Fullscreen too.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
oh really? Hm that option didn't work for me. Suppose it was cause I was in cave when I was figgling around with options.. Thanks anyways ^^

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
oh really? Hm that option didn't work for me. Suppose it was cause I was in cave when I was figgling around with options.. Thanks anyways ^^
Hmmm, that is strange. I just double-checked my setup and that certainly is how I turned caves "off" in my minimap. I found that I could still manually turn caves on/off for the fullscreen map using the "Caves" button in the upper left of the fullscreen. But if that button is already "off" for you, then I am at a loss. Sorry.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, that is strange. I just double-checked my setup and that certainly is how I turned caves "off" in my minimap. I found that I could still manually turn caves on/off for the fullscreen map using the "Caves" button in the upper left of the fullscreen. But if that button is already "off" for you, then I am at a loss. Sorry.
Actually, after bit of testing and removing JM config completely/re-ticking the option, it works. No idea what happend, tho.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
1. IIRC, I thought I read that Jason changed this in the config a while back because the auto-equip trick would sometimes choose the wrong tool as the replacement which annoyed him. (please correct me if I am wrong)
That is correct. Partially. It was not because of tools, but actual machines were being "refilled" as well, which sometimes lead to placing wrong machine (LV) instead of correct machine (MV) causing an explosion.

S

Sacaros

Oh, that's what happened before. I remember being annoyed when different drums just "popped" to my hands when placing one down. It also made placing many machines hard, there was delay + sometimes you would double-click right away, opening GUI. That somehow caused your item to be dropped to the ground, lost a diesel generator that way.

The tool replacing worked, though. Mining and placing many blocks was easier. Maybe if there's way to exclude very costly things, this function could be used.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's what happened before. I remember being annoyed when different drums just "popped" to my hands when placing one down. It also made placing many machines hard, there was delay + sometimes you would double-click right away, opening GUI. That somehow caused your item to be dropped to the ground, lost a diesel generator that way.

The tool replacing worked, though. Mining and placing many blocks was easier. Maybe if there's way to exclude very costly things, this function could be used.
Yep. The tools worked because i code them manually in. I could made it work with machines too, but i would need to put in the refill tree of config file every machine from GT, which I just couldnt bother with.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, does anybody know, if the new updates requires a world reset? What are the biggest changes, besides the changes on recipes that jason talks in his video?

I went back like 40 pages but couldnt find this information condensed...
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, does anybody know, if the new updates requires a world reset? What are the biggest changes, besides the changes on recipes that jason talks in his video?

I went back like 40 pages but couldnt find this information condensed...
Thanks

As far as I know there are no notable world gen changes if any, but the recipes are really major, only really for mods that didn't really have recipes changed but for those some things are significantly different. Most notably Thaumcraft, it has actually been tiered in with GT in several places so you can't make a wand until you have a steam compressor for example and golems are tied to LV while the cores are gated across a few tiers, other things get fiddled with too such as most eldritch stuff being gated to HV, some setups will break as a result, particularly production of steel as it requires wrought iron instead of normal.

So yeah, mainly just recipes but a lot of recipes, I think there's upwards of five thousand lines of new scripts getting in.

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know there are no notable world gen changes if any, but the recipes are really major, only really for mods that didn't really have recipes changed but for those some things are significantly different. Most notably Thaumcraft, it has actually been tiered in with GT in several places so you can't make a wand until you have a steam compressor for example and golems are tied to LV while the cores are gated across a few tiers, other things get fiddled with too such as most eldritch stuff being gated to HV, some setups will break as a result, particularly production of steel as it requires wrought iron instead of normal.

So yeah, mainly just recipes but a lot of recipes, I think there's upwards of five thousand lines of new scripts getting in.
Thank you for answering.
In a world where im playing with a friend we just made a blast furnace.
We are really enjoying playing, but with the update i was considering restarting.
But if the changes are not on early/mid early game, then we can probably stick to the same world.
Or are there any disvantages doing that?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for answering.
In a world where im playing with a friend we just made a blast furnace.
We are really enjoying playing, but with the update i was considering restarting.
But if the changes are not on early/mid early game, then we can probably stick to the same world.
Or are there any disvantages doing that?

There are few bits in early game changed as well. Coke ovens are craftable in LV, so the only way to get charcoal is with new Charcoal Pile. Making rubber and cables is changed (for tin cables you need carpet and string, copper ones require rrubber, which is made by vulcanization of raw rubber with sulfur in alloy smelter (for 3raw rubber you get 1 ingot) or in chemical reactor (for 9raw rubber and 1sulfur you get 9 ingots worth in molten rubber). Rubber ingots can be put onto cables in two ways: 1) wire in alloy smelter with 2 ingots = 1 cable; 2) wire in assembler with 144L of molten rubber.

Also making casings in cheaper way (without a need of wrought iron) requires polyethylene(plastic).

And few other changes along the line in HV/IV age (polytetrafluoroethylene production for example)

With all that said, continueing on not so much progressed world is totally fine. No huge world gen changes are planned.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
There are few bits in early game changed as well. Coke ovens are craftable in LV, so the only way to get charcoal is with new Charcoal Pile. Making rubber and cables is changed (for tin cables you need carpet and string, copper ones require rrubber, which is made by vulcanization of raw rubber with sulfur in alloy smelter (for 3raw rubber you get 1 ingot) or in chemical reactor (for 9raw rubber and 1sulfur you get 9 ingots worth in molten rubber). Rubber ingots can be put onto cables in two ways: 1) wire in alloy smelter with 2 ingots = 1 cable; 2) wire in assembler with 144L of molten rubber.

Also making casings in cheaper way (without a need of wrought iron) requires polyethylene(plastic).

And few other changes along the line in HV/IV age (polytetrafluoroethylene production for example)

With all that said, continueing on not so much progressed world is totally fine. No huge world gen changes are planned.

How do the various farming options work in the modpack? I've looked a lot at Thaumcraft golems but if they're going to get gated across tiers, that really will slow things down too much. The problem is that I'd want at least semi-automated farming early on, as food is then less of a worry and I could then concentrate on the rest of GregTech which really isn't going to progress very fast, regardless of how automated farming is. Also, farming manually is very boring and tedious, if there is an easy way to automate it early on I haven't come across it yet in the multitude of recipes.

Salt being tied down to GregTech ores really limits options as well. Is there a way you could let back in the Pam's HarvestCraft recipe for salt, but blacklist it at the same time from the GregTech recipes to avoid potential for abuse from refining it? I know it's tricky creating a balance but what I find myself mostly doing is roaming around raiding anything and everything related to food and what I really should be doing is getting a base going. I'm much more of a fan of automate it and let it produce, even if it's a slow method, that's easy to do. But the way this pack is set up, I spend way too much time looking for the properly saturating food options when what I really need to do is automate it then get on with the rest of GregTech, which I assure you, is not easy or fast in and of itself.

And this is just on the currently released version of the modpack, and you're thinking of making things even harder? Really, food should not be a big deal, but it will be, if I have to spend too much time progressing to where I can automate it properly. Possibly even to the point where I'll try another modpack.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Can GregTech output fluids & items to different sides of machine?

Also TIL that Wrought iron plate replaces Iron plate, but Wrought iron _Ring_ doesn't replace iron ring.. :(

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
How do the various farming options work in the modpack? I've looked a lot at Thaumcraft golems but if they're going to get gated across tiers, that really will slow things down too much. The problem is that I'd want at least semi-automated farming early on, as food is then less of a worry and I could then concentrate on the rest of GregTech which really isn't going to progress very fast, regardless of how automated farming is. Also, farming manually is very boring and tedious, if there is an easy way to automate it early on I haven't come across it yet in the multitude of recipes.
I never let Jason make food a critical part of the game. I just bitch and complain until he removes those things. He knows that by now :p

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
I never let Jason make food a critical part of the game. I just bitch and complain until he removes those things. He knows that by now :p

So what did you set up for your food supply? If there's something I'm missing, then I would like to know about it. I've even investigated Pneumaticcraft, but that already seems to be tied heavily into GregTech. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So what did you set up for your food supply? If there's something I'm missing, then I would like to know about it. I've even investigated Pneumaticcraft, but that already seems to be tied heavily into GregTech. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Nothing exciting, just Thaumcraft usually. But we've had stuff like Spice of Life in the pack previously before I complained enough to get it removed.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I've run into an interesting issue with my vacuum freezer and before anyone asks, no a chunk boarder is not running through it lol. Anyway, its shutting itself off during the process when there is plenty of power coming in. Sometimes it shuts off and I lose what it is processing. Currently it is setup with HV Input/Output hatches and a HV energy hatch. Do I need to upgrade the main vacuum freezer block with a transformer upgrade even though it was made with HV parts?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Update: Adding a transformer upgrade into the slot inside the vacuum freezer did not solve the issue

Update 2: Adding a second HV battery to the HV Battery buffer solved the issue. Strange since its the only item I have hooked up to it, anyway, glad it works now.

I did find out that the Doge Coin has issues. Everytime I tried to throw it out of my inventory or place it somewhere by clicking with it, it caused me to get disconnected from the server

Last edited:

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how popular is Infitech. Judging by forum activity, it seems to be one of the most popular packs in 3rd party. Which is a bit strange, since gregtech seems to receive a LOT of hate on Reddit ftb boards. (Haters gonna whine the loudest, sure, but w'll)

On the side note, I'm getting to my galacticraft stuff in my SP world. I'm very interested in moving my base either to Moon, either to space station, not sure yet. Can bees live on those dimensions? Is it possible without alvearies?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder how popular is Infitech. Judging by forum activity, it seems to be one of the most popular packs in 3rd party. Which is a bit strange, since gregtech seems to receive a LOT of hate on Reddit ftb boards. (Haters gonna whine the loudest, sure, but w'll)

On the side note, I'm getting to my galacticraft stuff in my SP world. I'm very interested in moving my base either to Moon, either to space station, not sure yet. Can bees live on those dimensions? Is it possible without alvearies?
GT was receiving quite a lot of hate in the past, that is true. But currently it seems like "kids" who just whine found out that there is no point on doing that. If the hate is still going on I dont know... I learned to ignore hateful posts and messages... as long as they are not targeted to people I care about.

If you are going to build base out of OW, please make a propper space station. I am asking you because noone is considering building a SS or MoonBase. Most of ppl just build stuff on Mars. I dont know about bees. But you can always just keep the bees in OW, chunk load the chunk they are in (in v3.2 I am adding Spot Loaders, to load 1 chunk for exactly these reasons) and connect it to AE2 system or any other stuff with teleporting capabilities.