[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
a
Making coolant requires the IC2 fluid/solid canning machine (not just any normal canning machine). This machine is still enabled. You also need to click a button in the GUI to set it to "enrich" mode. I think you need to power it by attaching an IC2 transformer to a GT cable.

Make sure to use distilled water with lapis dust, as normal water requires 8x as much lapis per bucket of coolant.

ahh the usual way ok - good to know.. is helium coolant cell an alternative for ic2 reactor cooling ?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, we've just set up a new server for Infinitech over at Lolnet. The biggest question new players have had so far is about finding Tin. I found a good sized vein by accident in an outcropping at about y = 70, but several hours of running around extreme hills and other exposed stone areas haven't given another. What is the best way to tell folks to go look for it so they can get started?

Very much enjoying the pack by the way. I'm having a lot of fun trying to find ways to do things and progress. The integration of other mods with GT seems very well done, with the easy pathways other mods could give blocked, and needing technology far up the tree.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, we've just set up a new server for Infinitech over at Lolnet. The biggest question new players have had so far is about finding Tin. I found a good sized vein by accident in an outcropping at about y = 70, but several hours of running around extreme hills and other exposed stone areas haven't given another. What is the best way to tell folks to go look for it so they can get started?

Very much enjoying the pack by the way. I'm having a lot of fun trying to find ways to do things and progress. The integration of other mods with GT seems very well done, with the easy pathways other mods could give blocked, and needing technology far up the tree.
everyone has problems finding tin

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019

normally I add the mod dimensional world, but I also play on a server.
you can seup your dimensional world to be 150 high. never had problems finding ores again when playing singleplayer and I am not destroying my worlds by mining it. I personally don't like to mining ores in the overworld.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason why its done this way -> https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/scripts/gt_ic2.zs#L163-L175 instead of <ore:logWood> ?

There's reworked https://github.com/Dream-Master/Mod...-Scripts/GTNewHorizons/scripts/Extra-Cells.zs with that lovely Infitech 2 style. Maybe someone wants to enable extracells as me.

NB: Change file extension from txt to zs and move it to scripts folder to use.
The problem with extracells are serious duplication bugs which haven't been fixed for very long.
https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/222

(given the link, you can decide for yourself if the problems are problems)

But there is also this duplication bug in it -> https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/249
and that dupe bug https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/236
and apparently this dupe bug https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/110
and this https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/253

its not often that you find a mod with 5 different duplication bugs...

4 out of 5 duplication bugs still not fixed

Last edited:

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone! So ... i am having a heckuva time getting the reactor planner to work (redirects me to java website) so i downloaded the offline and i cant seem to get thorium designs and there doesn't seem to be very much good information out there.

anyone have any good designs? Was thinking of getting into the 5x5 cooled reactor once i get some more resources ... might scavenge the titanium boiler. do eIO conduits have enough flow for the heat exchanger? do you need a processing array for all the distilled water? aaggghh gregtech and nuclear black hole of information!

KpoxaPy

Jul 29, 2019
...The problem with extracells are serious duplication bugs which haven't been fixed for very long...
Modded minecraft for me is always dancing between bugs and glitches =) In my SSP world i wanna play honest (just a bit of control to keep gameplay, instead of cheating). So adding extracells with even holy pile of dup bugs those i easily might not use has value for me (very comfort with storing fluids). I've UL that minetweaker script for the same kind of man, who wanna play infitech with extracells.

And yea, i understand that Extracells for SMP is not option at all. (Be honest, current release contains drum-dup bug, so drums should be cutted of soon too...)

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
normally I add the mod dimensional world, but I also play on a server.
you can seup your dimensional world to be 150 high. never had problems finding ores again when playing singleplayer and I am not destroying my worlds by mining it. I personally don't like to mining ores in the overworld.

Thanks for the idea, but we want to keep the pack as is, so players can just download it off FTB and log into the server.

JustOneFeather

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the idea, but we want to keep the pack as is, so players can just download it off FTB and log into the server.
You actually can take a walk to a nearest big swamp and dig some delves in the corner of chunks to 50 layer. Ore veins spawn on square 3 by 3 chunks, so you may check one, then skip second, and check the third. Then repeat it N times utill you find vein. PROFIT!!
Later, when you make a few devices, it will much easier - you will need some mining wells from BC, capacitor bank from EIO, some chests/bags and do the same in any place. 200 rf/t - and mining well take a sample up to bedrock in 30 seconds.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone! So ... i am having a heckuva time getting the reactor planner to work (redirects me to java website) so i downloaded the offline and i cant seem to get thorium designs and there doesn't seem to be very much good information out there.

anyone have any good designs? Was thinking of getting into the 5x5 cooled reactor once i get some more resources ... might scavenge the titanium boiler. do eIO conduits have enough flow for the heat exchanger? do you need a processing array for all the distilled water? aaggghh gregtech and nuclear black hole of information!
Almost everyone has the problem with the website but that is the old reactor planner.
There is already a new reactor planner for ic2 experimental with the fluid reactor and the gregtech components.
https://github.com/MauveCloud/Ic2ExpReactorPlanner/releases

GT Machines in Minetweaker dont accept oredictionary that is why
Ah thanks for the explanation that would explain some of the problems I had.

Last edited:

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the reason we cant craft the Super Builders Wand? Its not exactly cheaty, since it uses the blocks in the inventory like the normal one...

wnightmare

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the pack on server and sometimes when i log off (no chunk loader) my railcraft multiblocks structures "unform". I have in my base Ender Io fluid and item conduits, Logistic pipes, some bee's and a World Anchor (not using it atm).

does anyone has any ideia why is this happening? google couldn't help me =/

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the pack on server and sometimes when i log off (no chunk loader) my railcraft multiblocks structures "unform". I have in my base Ender Io fluid and item conduits, Logistic pipes, some bee's and a World Anchor (not using it atm).

does anyone has any ideia why is this happening? google couldn't help me =/

I'd check to make sure you haven't built your multiblock structure across a chunk boundary. Aside from that, I have no idea.

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
Mine says unformed sometimes as well ... Seems like a client-side mismatch...my RC turbines still output power with it unformed like that and if I log out and log right back in it normalizes.