[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I would ask Greg anyways should i not find the answer within 10min in the code. Well, still hours until i'm home. :(

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What's the reason that ExtraCells is disabled? I would like to use it, will enabling it cause problems?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: neigenoir and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Code:
GregTech_API.sThaumcraftCompat.addResearch(
string aResearch = tKey, 
String aName = "Advanced Metallurgic Transmutation", 
String aText = "Mastering the basic metals", 
String[] aParentResearches = new String[] { "GT_TRANSBISMUTH", "GT_IRON_TO_STEEL", "GT_TRANSSOLDERINGALLOY", "GT_TRANSBATTERYALLOY", "GT_TRANSBRASS", "GT_TRANSELECTRUM", 
                    "GT_TRANSCUPRONICKEL", "GT_TRANSINVAR" }, 

String aCategory = "ALCHEMY", 
ItemStack aIcon = GT_OreDictUnificator.get(OrePrefixes.ingot, Materials.Iron, 1L), 

int aComplexity=4, 
int aType=4, 
int aX=16, 
int aY=14,
List<TC_AspectStack> aAspects = Arrays.asList(
    new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack[] 
    { 
        new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.METALLUM, 50L), 
        new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.PERMUTATIO, 20L), 
        new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.COGNITO, 20L), 
        new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.PRAECANTIO, 20L), 
        new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.NEBRISUM, 20L), 
        new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.MAGNETO, 20L) }), 

ItemStack[] aResearchTriggers=null, 
Object[] aPages=new Object[] { "gt.research.page.1." + tKey });

This is (sortof) the code in github for Advanced Metallurgic TRansmutation. (Sortof because I prefaced all the parameters with the parameter-name from the interface)

Btw, what's "L" after a number in Java? Long?

I'm guessing "aComplexity" determines how difficult the research will be.
aX and aY probably define visually where the research appears on the tab.
No idea what aType does.
Little confused about aResearchTriggers being null.

My best guess was that the "aAspects" parameter defined what aspects you need and the amount of each aspect you need to unlock the research, so I bumped up my nebrisum and magneto to 20 each. Didn't work. Tried knowledge note after doing it, I still just get 7 fragments back.

Utterly at a loss here.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
This is (sortof) the code in github for Advanced Metallurgic TRansmutation. (Sortof because I prefaced all the parameters with the parameter-name from the interface)

Btw, what's "L" after a number in Java? Long?

I'm guessing "aComplexity" determines how difficult the research will be.
aX and aY probably define visually where the research appears on the tab.
No idea what aType does.
Little confused about aResearchTriggers being null.

My best guess was that the "aAspects" parameter defined what aspects you need and the amount of each aspect you need to unlock the research, so I bumped up my nebrisum and magneto to 20 each. Didn't work. Tried knowledge note after doing it, I still just get 7 fragments back.

Utterly at a loss here.

The L is needed for java to forcefully convert numbers (integers) into their "long" version: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/769963/javas-l-number-long-specification
I'm not sure why you need long numbers for normal use, that might cause an error if the program doesn't accept long numbers.
Tho at the same time the program might expect a long number and that might be missing and that could cause an error.. probably.

To understand more clearly i would need the thaumcraft api and manual or something.

This kinda bothers me:

List<TC_AspectStack> aAspects = Arrays.asList
(new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack[]
{ a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6 }
), ////<---- why the last decimal here?

Is ItemStack[] and Object[] part of the <TC AspectStack> List?
Could be wrong but what i know, do you not need semicolons for java? i googled and it seems it is required.

Hmm i see, there isn't a single semicolon, is this because of forum post? or is it minecraft java? or TC java? or is decimal just as good?? argghh nvm i see one in the bottom and i think it groups everything together to the first line.
Now it makes more sense.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The L is needed for java to forcefully convert numbers (integers) into their "long" version: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/769963/javas-l-number-long-specification
I'm not sure why you need long numbers for normal use, that might cause an error if the program doesn't accept long numbers.
Tho at the same time the program might expect a long number and that might be missing and that could cause an error.. probably.

To understand more clearly i would need the thaumcraft api and manual or something.

This kinda bothers me:

List<TC_AspectStack> aAspects = Arrays.asList
(new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack[]
{ a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6 }
), ////<---- why the last decimal here?

Is ItemStack[] and Object[] part of the <TC AspectStack> List?
Could be wrong but what i know, do you not need semicolons for java? i googled and it seems it is required.

Hmm i see, there isn't a single semicolon, is this because of forum post? or is it minecraft java? or TC java? or is decimal just as good?? argghh
Like I said, I tinkered with the code for clarity. At this point its pseudo code, because I'm not looking for syntax bugs. That array instantiation is itself a parameter, hence the comma.

This is the actual (decompiled) code:
GregTech_API.sThaumcraftCompat.addResearch(tKey, "Advanced Metallurgic Transmutation", "Mastering the basic metals", new String[] { "GT_TRANSBISMUTH", "GT_IRON_TO_STEEL", "GT_TRANSSOLDERINGALLOY", "GT_TRANSBATTERYALLOY", "GT_TRANSBRASS", "GT_TRANSELECTRUM", "GT_TRANSCUPRONICKEL", "GT_TRANSINVAR" }, "ALCHEMY", GT_OreDictUnificator.get(OrePrefixes.ingot, Materials.Iron, 1L), 4, 4, 16, 14, Arrays.asList(new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack[] { new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.METALLUM, 50L), new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.PERMUTATIO, 20L), new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.COGNITO, 20L), new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.PRAECANTIO, 20L), new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.NEBRISUM, 20L), new TC_Aspects.TC_AspectStack(TC_Aspects.MAGNETO, 20L) }), null, new Object[] { "gt.research.page.1." + tKey });

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said, I tinkered with the code for clarity. At this point its pseudo code, because I'm not looking for syntax bugs. That array instantiation is itself a parameter, hence the comma.

This is the actual (decompiled) code:
I dunno myself, this is just half the code needed or even less if we count in minecraft as well to go down the the source of the problem.
Everything seperated by decimals in this code is another argument to the original function (does it even return anything?, maybe this is a "procedure"?) it all depends on how the recieving end of the function looks like.

It could be expecting short ints or floating numbers and then this wouldn't work i think.

I notice that not all numbers are long in this code, might have been forgotten to make aComplexity, aType, aX, aY into long variables.

Those names doesn't even appear in the decompile (might be intentional) but they aren't long numbers.

They appear as: 4,4,16,14 instaid of maybe: 4L, 4L, 16L, 14L.
Or maybe their declaration is wrong and instaid of "int" it should be "long".. meh so many things that can be wrong.

Sry i'm a beginner.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I dunno myself, this is just half the code needed or even less if we count in minecraft as well to go down the the source of the problem.
Everything seperated by decimals in this code is another argument to the original function (does it even return anything?, maybe this is a "procedure"?) it all depends on how the recieving end of the function looks like.

It could be expecting short ints or floating numbers and then this wouldn't work i think.

I notice that not all numbers are long in this code, might have been forgotten to make aComplexity, aType, aX, aY into long variables.

Those names doesn't even appear in the decompile (might be intentional) but they aren't long numbers.

They appear as: 4,4,16,14 instaid of maybe: 4L, 4L, 16L, 14L.
Or maybe their declaration is wrong and instaid of "int" it should be "long".. meh so many things that can be wrong.

Sry i'm a beginner.
I'm not suggesting there's a problem.

That line of code is one big function call. There's nothing weird about it, it looks fine syntactically.

Some numbers are ints instead of longs because the method expects ints instead of longs.

All I'm curious about is if anyone sees any hints as to what kinds of things I can try. For instance, I saw 20 Nebrisum, so I tried getting 20 nebrisum research points.

Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not suggesting there's a problem.

That line of code is one big function call. There's nothing weird about it, it looks fine syntactically.

Some numbers are ints instead of longs because the method expects ints instead of longs.

All I'm curious about is if anyone sees any hints as to what kinds of things I can try. For instance, I saw 20 Nebrisum, so I tried getting 20 nebrisum research points.
But has anybody been able to unlock aluminium duplication? it might simply be a bug.

I guess there is no problem with the code, you just want to discover the hidden way of acquiring all the components necessary to reveal the aluminium research. i give up lol.

Have you asked about the knowledge fragments? maybe they aren't supposed to do what they are doing in your case.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Cute project I've been working on, to automate my power generation via automagy.

Let's take a peek at my base which I've dubbed Cobbleton (because I void and destroy anythin aesthetic I can find in this world, don't ask why)

1) Two MOX reactors (840 eu/t each) with 2x platinum wire output. Note essentia mirror.
2015-07-10_23.05.08.jpg

2) Power storage. Room is gigantic because I used to buffer steam in here. Gas reservoir because lazy. There's three MFSUs stacked vertically (You can see one). Note Automagy resonating redcrystals.
2015-07-10_23.05.15.jpg

3) Logic room. Automagy crystals are sending redstone signals in a direct line through the wall into this room. Each one goes through a pulse former (to turn a signal into a single pulse), then a repeater (to lengthen the pulse cuz Blue Power is a bit buggy with short pulses), and into either side of a RS Latch.

So when the "last" mfsu is empty, the reactors flip on. When the "middle" reactor is full, they flip off. The "first" MFSU that they feed into will usually be empty-ish, its just for overflow, particularly to handle generator output that has a long cooldown period (such as a BR Turbine)
2015-07-10_23.05.24.jpg

If the reactors are supposed to turn on (and you can see that they are because of the lit up redstone lamp), a mercurial redcrystal sends the redstone signal through that essentia mirror into the reactor room, activating the reactors.

Science!

Important note: automagy doesn't seem to play nice with Blue Power and generates redstone signals of 255 strength, so I added ProjectRed wiring. You can get around this by just running your signals with automagy redcrystals or plain old redstone dust wiring.

Reactions: Ieldra and Tsuko

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
But there is also this duplication bug in it -> https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/249
and that dupe bug https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/236
and apparently this dupe bug https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/110
and this https://github.com/ExtraCells/ExtraCells2/issues/253

its not often that you find a mod with 5 different duplication bugs...
Remarkable. However, most of these (all but the storage container thing) are easily avoided. I don't recall having done anything like this in any game I ever played. How do people find these things?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I did go trough the TC research code a bit and could only find out that it indeed not work as intended...
1. Research: GT_TRANSBISMUTH,GT_IRON_TO_STEEL, GT_TRANSSOLDERINGALLOY, GT_TRANSBATTERYALLOY, GT_TRANSBRASS, GT_TRANSELECTRUM, GT_TRANSCUPRONICKEL ,GT_TRANSINVAR
2. Use Research note to unlock.

As easy fix, in the next GT version it will not be a hidden research anymore and can directly researched once all prior researches are done.
I could try to make it unlock by scanning aluminium, but that would take another hour of testing... That's not worth it.

Reactions: Ieldra and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I did go trough the TC research code a bit and could only find out that it indeed not work as intended...
1. Research: GT_TRANSBISMUTH,GT_IRON_TO_STEEL, GT_TRANSSOLDERINGALLOY, GT_TRANSBATTERYALLOY, GT_TRANSBRASS, GT_TRANSELECTRUM, GT_TRANSCUPRONICKEL ,GT_TRANSINVAR
2. Use Research note to unlock.

As easy fix, in the next GT version it will not be a hidden research anymore and can directly researched once all prior researches are done.
I could try to make it unlock by scanning aluminium, but that would take another hour of testing... That's not worth it.
Awesome blood thx.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
My quest for weird sources of xp for @Ieldra continues.

In this case, the Automagy Nethermind construct has the ability to output nothing but Nether Quartz if you so desire. It eats vitreus and terra, which are fairly easy to produce, as well as centivis (ignis) Eventually I believe this is going to be a solid 9x9x9 block of Nether Quartz.

Come through every once in a while and clear it out the pick of your choice and get a bunch of xp, and some nether quartz as a bonus.
2015-07-11_16.42.59.jpg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Addendum: I dunno if the centivis rate increases the rate of production, but I seem to be getting one ore every 5 seconds or so with 3 centivis. YMMV.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
That looks very cool, @Pyure. Given that both Terra and Vitreus can be made in any amount from cobble, or cobble->sand->glass, respectively, this could be quite the xp factory. One wonders if you also get xp if the ore is broken by an annihilation plane, and if so, if it can be collected by a vacuum hopper. So much to test...

Meanwhile, I've discovered that autocrafting with GT tools works perfectly with AE2. It's such a relief to be able to autocraft electric pumps....

Reactions: Pyure