[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is the liquifier craftable now? If so, I may be able to test this later this day.

Another thing: I found an RFTools config file in InfiTech2's config folder. Are there plans to include RFTools? With appropriate recipe changes, I think it would make a fine addition to the EV tier (at least for the dimension- and teleport-related stuff), which, as far as I can determine, hasn't a lot of content atm except as a stepping stone towards fusion. With the power levels required, it would also give people a reason to build a fusion reactor beyond "It's cool and I want to see how it works," and it has a nice ultra-tech aura that would fit a pack named "InfiTech".
Yes it is cratable now.

Oo... Someone noticed :) Yes there are plans of RFTools inclusion. But first I want to finish the project I am working on and make sure the pack is as much stable as it can be. Then we will start working on RFTools addition with recipe and power cost changes. It will be indeed considered as kind of end-game. basic stuff like item storage will be MV (early than AE storage system), the Energy network with RFTools will be MV/HV, teleporting EV and dimension creation end-EV and beyond.

(There is TOTALLY NO ETA on this)

Reactions: Ieldra

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way of converting GT Oxygen -> GC Oxygen is to use Gas Liquifer from Galacticraft (it accepts Oxygen cells and converts it to GC Oxygen; not sure if you can pump GT oxygen directly into it
@DarknessShadow might give you more info, since he is using this conversion (or at least he reported to me that Liquifer was not craftable).
Yes the gas liquifer accepts gt oxygen and converts it to gc oxygen BUT I am not using it because it is so damn slow
one gas liquefier is not enough for 2 bubble distributors and considering that i can run 6 of those from 1 oxygen collector ...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Yes the gas liquifer accepts gt oxygen and converts it to gc oxygen BUT I am not using it because it is so damn slow
one gas liquefier is not enough for 2 bubble distributors and considering that i can run 6 of those from 1 oxygen collector ...
The GC wiki says you need 115 leaf blocks to support a bubble distributor, but the collector's range is only 5 blocks, which means you only have about 250 air blocks to fill if you plant the collector on the ground. I take it the wiki isn't correct?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can set an export stacksize for the chest buffer? How do you set the number?

An unrelated question: Is is possible to convert GT oxygen into GalactiCraft oxygen? GalactiCraft oxygen generation is easy, but this - different materials that are supposed to be the same but don't convert into each other - is one of those things that bugs me in modpacks

Totally agree on this in principal. You may actually agree with GC's counter-argument though: they misnamed their oxygen. What they call oxygen, the rest of the universe calls Air. I gather that at this point it was more trouble than it was worth to fix it, particularly since some machines that function with oxygen are actually aptly named. Its easier just to pretend air and oxygen are the same thing and move on (except, of course, that it looks dumb in a pack with actual O/O2)

Is the liquifier craftable now? If so, I may be able to test this later this day.

Another thing: I found an RFTools config file in InfiTech2's config folder. Are there plans to include RFTools? With appropriate recipe changes, I think it would make a fine addition to the EV tier (at least for the dimension- and teleport-related stuff),
Shit Jason he's onto us!

It was totally OP in testing, like ridiculously so, and the only fixes usually came down to "making shit so expensive it was pointless." Would make sense in later-game eras as you suggest.

(fun fact: you could make an entire dimension made out of solid "poor" ores pretty cheap. So, completely unlimited gold, lead, copper, etc)

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Shit Jason he's onto us!

It was totally OP in testing, like ridiculously so, and the only fixes usually came down to "making shit so expensive it was pointless." Would make sense in later-game eras as you suggest.

(fun fact: you could make an entire dimension made out of solid "poor" ores pretty cheap. So, completely unlimited gold, lead, copper, etc)
Disable all block/fluid dimlets by default so people must create all of them themselves? That should solve pretty much everything as I doubt it's compatible with GT ores being tile entities so your only way of actually creating dimensions of ore would require huge time investments, one type of HEE island can spawn vanilla ores and that's the only way afaik. Then you'd have them be limited to everything there is an actual block of which thanks to GT's methods covers essentially nothing from there and actually making a dimension of stuff like iron blocks isn't cheap at all.

That and you could pitch it at the level of fusion reactors now which could be interesting, have your mediocre dimension cost be a couple of thousand RF/t and the good dimensions you actually want being in the 100k+ RF/t range, theoretically a fusion reactor goes up to a couple of million RF/t with a T3 and figuring out how the hell you could convert that much. The main issue is by the time you've got a stable fusion reactor what do you actually need from dimensions? Maybe figure out a way to apply a really harsh power curve on them so basic ones are still relatively cheap but once you start moving into useful stuff it quickly skyrockets.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Disable all block/fluid dimlets by default so people must create all of them themselves? That should solve pretty much everything as I doubt it's compatible with GT ores being tile entities so your only way of actually creating dimensions of ore would require huge time investments, one type of HEE island can spawn vanilla ores and that's the only way afaik. Then you'd have them be limited to everything there is an actual block of which thanks to GT's methods covers essentially nothing from there and actually making a dimension of stuff like iron blocks isn't cheap at all.

That and you could pitch it at the level of fusion reactors now which could be interesting, have your mediocre dimension cost be a couple of thousand RF/t and the good dimensions you actually want being in the 100k+ RF/t range, theoretically a fusion reactor goes up to a couple of million RF/t with a T3 and figuring out how the hell you could convert that much. The main issue is by the time you've got a stable fusion reactor what do you actually need from dimensions? Maybe figure out a way to apply a really harsh power curve on them so basic ones are still relatively cheap but once you start moving into useful stuff it quickly skyrockets.
All good options. Honestly though, I think for most players, resource-acquisition was no longer a huge issue by late game, so just pushing back into a later era solves a lot of problems.

During testing it was just too easy to come up with sneaky ways to work the system. For instance, there are dimlets that create maze-like ravines all over the dimension, so in theory you could make a world with just those, everything else random, and find it really easy to fly through ravines looking for exposed gigantic GT veins. (Good news is that I couldn't make those ravines go below <70 or so, so you couldn't abuse this to find high-quality veins such as plutonium)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
RFTools has low compatibility with GT ores. They do spawn in them under normal conditions (they replace stone if there is any). There are no dimlets with GT ores.

Dimension creation and upkeep is already quite "balanced", so inmost what I will need to do is to multiply the cost by some "random" number.

Anyway there is no reason to talk about RFTools, because its a long way nto implememnt this. (i might do pre-release release (lol) without dimension creation included)

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Also there will be some people saying, well I have Fusion Reactor, I have everything, why would I want to build dimensions. Simple 2 answers: For fun and on servers maybe to "sell" the access to other players (i know that server economies never work, but still, favor for favor?)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nethermind experiment seems to be running fine guys. At a wild guess, a full nethermind probably contains somewhere around 100 levels of xp. Obviously it takes a while to mine it all in such a way that you get xp, but for those playing in Peaceful its an interesting source.

I suspect this toy also has applications in power generation. You can "code" it to only output lava. I haven't played with lava power gens in years, but I'll probably set something up with blood asp's large heat exchanger multiblock for fun.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
The GC wiki says you need 115 leaf blocks to support a bubble distributor, but the collector's range is only 5 blocks, which means you only have about 250 air blocks to fill if you plant the collector on the ground. I take it the wiki isn't correct?
range of 5 means its a cube of 11x11x11 so you have 1331 blocks in range of the collector

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
range of 5 means its a cube of 11x11x11 so you have 1331 blocks in range of the collector
I had calculated with a dome, which would cut the number to approximately a quarter of that: 0.5*5^3*(4/3)*PI. Apart from the difference in structure, free-floating cubes of leaf blocks don't make any sense except in a space station. That I can build them in spite of that doesn't count.

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to change out extra biomes for biomes o plenty? sorry if this has been asked before.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
is it possible to change out extra biomes for biomes o plenty? sorry if this has been asked before.
Its been asked before.

Its easily possible for you to do it on your side, if that's what you're asking. Jason prefers to avoid BoP where possible because its used in every single other pack ever, and sometimes a change of pace is nice.

(Personally I don't care about biome mods one way or the other)

123nick

Jul 29, 2019
Its been asked before.

Its easily possible for you to do it on your side, if that's what you're asking. Jason prefers to avoid BoP where possible because its used in every single other pack ever, and sometimes a change of pace is nice.

(Personally I don't care about biome mods one way or the other)
you are right, it IS easy to replace extra biomes with bop, just do exactly that, with the files, and bilbiocraft extra biomes, and ur fine. just some minor gregtech errors on world loading, but nothing too serious (i hope)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
you are right, it IS easy to replace extra biomes with bop, just do exactly that, with the files, and bilbiocraft extra biomes, and ur fine. just some minor gregtech errors on world loading, but nothing too serious (i hope)
I won't lie, that sounds a lot more involved than I expected :)

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
It may be explicitly prevented in code to stop people from creating lossless networks. (This is definitely the case with battery buffers)
I have only tested with hoppers, fill golem, item pipes, conveyor belt, robot arm, So i have to manually refill battery buffers when they run out? really? T_T I hope they can at least stack the single use batteries in there so they last for a while.
I read that someone did automate something with the single use batteries, i'm disappointed :(