[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If he's using battery buffers, and they're adjacent to the hatch, and it works for a "moment" and then stops, that can't be his power supply.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I put the battery buffers right up against the hatches on the EBF. 2 LV buffers, 2 batteries each. Is all good until the EBF needs maintenance.

Now that you can actually make a soldering iron there really isn't any need for 3 LV hatches unless your particular cabling scenario requires it.

Okay, yeah I guess that's true. GammaGoblin, make sure you fixed all your Maintenance then, see here:
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Maintenance_Hatch

The page is incorrect, the Soldering Iron has been re-implemented. To use it properly you will also need Fine Soldering Alloy Wire in your inventory when you use it in the Maintenance Hatch. I think you'll need a Lithium battery, process some Lepidolite Ore for that.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
You said it blinks for a moment and then stops.
Did you check the (a) and (b) I mentioned? These are the cause of 99% of cases where the EBF starts and stops.

No no, my "playthrgouh" EBF is working fine (muffler is okay, and it is fully fixed). The problem is with "improved in creative" version and why 4 or more batts are required.
asb3pe explained about hatches recieving only 2amps per hatch. So EBF needs 4 amps to do recipes, ok, maybe thats the requirement.

That's usually the case, I know it was for me.
How did you solve it?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EBF doesn't need any special number of amps. A single MV hatch fed by a single amp of MV power can process aluminium.

All true, but I don't think people realize that all Energy Hatches can accept up to 2 amps so I try to explain it to make it clear how it works. Stuff can certainly be very confusing.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Energy_Hatch

"Importantly, Energy Hatches can accept 2 Amps of current at their rated voltage."

"For example, if a multiblock machine contains 1 LV Energy Hatch (32) and one MV Energy Hatch (128), the Machine will operate as if it is HV-tier (32 + 128 = 160; 160 is between 129 and 512). This process is critically important for the Electric Blast Furnace, as it allows an EBF to be brought online with 3 LV Energy Hatches, despite all EBF recipes requiring 120V minimum. (3 * 32 = 96; MV-tier)"

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
EBF doesn't need any special number of amps. A single MV hatch fed by a single amp of MV power can process aluminium.
This setup does work and i figured out where the problem was previously.
If there is only 1 hatch, then 1 battery is enough, but if there are 2 hatches, 2 batteries wont do. And i had 2 and more hatches in my tests (for reasons unknown. I guess it was like "Hey, since i need up to 3 LV hatches, why not make 3 MV hatches").
Okay, kinda figured that out.

Now, how do i make it run 24/7? Do i need like a tungsteel boiler with large pipes to feed enough steem into turbine?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
No no, my "playthrgouh" EBF is working fine (muffler is okay, and it is fully fixed). The problem is with "improved in creative" version and why 4 or more batts are required.
asb3pe explained about hatches recieving only 2amps per hatch. So EBF needs 4 amps to do recipes, ok, maybe thats the requirement.
How did you solve it?

Just wondering, could you have built the thing across chunk borders, by any chance?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
All true, but I don't think people realize that all Energy Hatches can accept up to 2 amps so I try to explain it to make it clear how it works. Stuff can certainly be very confusing.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Energy_Hatch

"Importantly, Energy Hatches can accept 2 Amps of current at their rated voltage."

I agree, and I always forget that myself. I'm just trying to understand why GammaGoblin's EBF specifically is stopping.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
This setup does work and i figured out where the problem was previously.
If there is only 1 hatch, then 1 battery is enough, but if there are 2 hatches, 2 batteries wont do. And i had 2 and more hatches in my tests (for reasons unknown. I guess it was like "Hey, since i need up to 3 LV hatches, why not make 3 MV hatches").
Okay, kinda figured that out.

Now, how do i make it run 24/7? Do i need like a tungsteel boiler with large pipes to feed enough steem into turbine?

Basically, just use enough Steam Turbines to give it max power. At MV level, once you've made 24 Aluminium ingot (I think that's right, 16 for the MV Steam Turbine and 8 for the MV Energy Hatch), then you will need to give the Turbine 10,560 L/s of steam to keep it running full blast. Butt it up to the MV Energy Hatch and you will never have to stop the EBF as long as your steam tank doesn't empty out... which it likely will, once you see (like I did) how much steam 10,560 L/s actually is. hahaha

Another way to do it is to run 4 LV Steam Turbines, which you already have obviously, into a GT LV->MV Transformer, and butt that up to the MV Energy Hatch. Instead of 10,560 to operate a MV Steam Turbine at full blast, it only takes 4*2040 = 8,160 L/s of steam to run 4 LV's. However, as previously discussed, now you will have some losses come into effect, because you can't put 4 Steam Turbines up against a GT Transformer because one face is already occupied by the MV Energy Hatch block. Unless you can point the MV Energy Hatch downward and point a GT Transformer upwards at it... then I suppose you could surround the Transformer block with 4 LV Turbines pointed at it... didn't try that, I went with 4x Annealed Copper Cable and took the cable power loss along with it... which is why my 16 LV Steam Turbine setup cannot run the HV Energy Hatch-equipped EBF for extended periods. I need to give the Transformers more power due to losses. I plan to add one more LV Turbine per LV->MV Transformer block and see if that helps me run the EBF for a longer time. Eventually you reach the power level where your batteries don't drop one bit, and that's when you know you've got it figured out. Usually, that's exactly at the point where you're ready to go to the next level, and the whole process begins anew. haha

Last edited:
Reactions: GammaGoblin

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I believe there's at least two magnets in the pack. One or both can be found by searching "magnet" with NEI
Miser's Pearl from TC, when thrown in a direction, will gather all of the items on the ground there and return them to your inventory. Useful for mining in the nether while flying so you don't have to keep flying down to collect your ore.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, can turbines accept steam from different sides simultaneous? Say, i input 100l/s from 4 sides, will it be 400l/s total?

Oh yes and you'll def need to do that. Check your GT Fluid Pipes in NEI, just mouse-over to see the L/s values for each. I'm still using a lot of Huge Steel Fluid Pipe for my steam supply. Watch Chloe's video on piping and proper use of shutters too. Very important stuff, shutters. And piping layout. I love using all the GT stuff, it takes a bit of math but that's my thing. :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using ender io 2nd tier fluid conduit a single connection on the turbine side is fine for MV or LV turbines. The conduit has much higher throughput than extraction. The place you might need a lot of connections is if you're storing/buffering steam in a railcraft tank or similar.

I just started making enderium so maybe I can make the top tier conduit now. Kind of funny that the only thing really driving me to enderium was a golden bag of holding.

Reactions: Dlur100 and SolManX

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using ender io 2nd tier fluid conduit a single connection on the turbine side is fine for MV or LV turbines. The conduit has much higher throughput than extraction. The place you might need a lot of connections is if you're storing/buffering steam in a railcraft tank or similar.

I just started making enderium so maybe I can make the top tier conduit now. Kind of funny that the only thing really driving me to enderium was a golden bag of holding.
Ender chest is handy also if you craft an Ender Rift wand focus. I use mine to keep extra charged wands and warded glass for when I go on a node jarring spree.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, cool, I sure could use a Golden Bag of Holding. For me, the driving force for Enderium was so I could make the "9" Structural Upgrades for JABBA Barrels. Kinda silly to waste my first 18 Enderium ingots on something I could easily work around, but only having one inventory for all my charcoal and my logs in my CreoTek CreoStak 36 setup sure made me happy! Six plates makes two "9" upgrades and three 9's makes one "27" upgrade, allowing one Barrel to hold almost 1800 stacks. In less than a week I've half-filled both my charcoal and my wood barrels which each got a "27" upgrade thanks to those 18 Enderium plates.

Speaking of Ender Chests... do we still need a Silk Touch pickaxe to pick them up? This is the first pack I ever played where Silk Touch is unimportant... however perhaps it is still needed for the EnderChest. I was just looking at making two of them, but if I need a Silk Touch pick then its prob not worth it. Boy, if I miss one thing in this modpack, it's an EnderPouch - that thing has gotta be one of the handiest devices ever, and it's a real shame that the trend lately has been to leave it out of packs. Not even sure which mod its from actually...

UrNotFunny

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, cool, I sure could use a Golden Bag of Holding. For me, the driving force for Enderium was so I could make the "9" Structural Upgrades for JABBA Barrels. Kinda silly to waste my first 18 Enderium ingots on something I could easily work around, but only having one inventory for all my charcoal and my logs in my CreoTek CreoStak 36 setup sure made me happy! Six plates makes two "9" upgrades and three 9's makes one "27" upgrade, allowing one Barrel to hold almost 1800 stacks. In less than a week I've half-filled both my charcoal and my wood barrels which each got a "27" upgrade thanks to those 18 Enderium plates.

Speaking of Ender Chests... do we still need a Silk Touch pickaxe to pick them up? This is the first pack I ever played where Silk Touch is unimportant... however perhaps it is still needed for the EnderChest. I was just looking at making two of them, but if I need a Silk Touch pick then its prob not worth it. Boy, if I miss one thing in this modpack, it's an EnderPouch - that thing has gotta be one of the handiest devices ever, and it's a real shame that the trend lately has been to leave it out of packs. Not even sure which mod its from actually...

Those are from the Ender Storage mod.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229306-ender-storage

Reactions: asb3pe