[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Found a problem with the processing array, while using it to process bee combs. Ends up filling the output bus with ghost shards, dust, beeswax, etc, so that nothing gets output. I see that the issue was already reported on the ic2 forum, but menting it here so that others can beware.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Node Bullying has a range of 5 blocks and the Wand Charging Pedastal has a range of 8 blocks. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Mods/Thaumcraft/Node

"This yields an optimum design for a node room: Three levels, with spaces for nodes arranged in a cube 12 or 13 blocks on a side surrounding the pedestal, so that the pedestal can drain each of them but they cannot bully each other. (This gives places for 26 nodes.)"

Got it, thanks. Too bad I destroyed all my good nodes but I guess I can find more in time.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Unable to create the alloy Fe50CW. What am i doing wrong?

Personal guess: Wrong voltage? Tungstensteel needs HV, allmost all other recipes only MV.

Be sure to use a Steel Ingot and a Tungsten Ingot, any other method (i.e. dusts) requires too much energy. And be sure that your HV feed can stay at full power for the entire time. If your Turbines run out of steam, it won't complete, and the EBF recipe takes a long time to finish. I have 16 LV Turbines into 4 GT Transformers (to make 4 amps of MV) and then into another GT Transformer (to make 1 amp of HV). However due to machine losses and cable losses, the end output is not 512 volts but I'm guessing it's more like 450. But since I use Battery Buffer Boxes, the EBF gets 512 volts until the batteries run out... and they will run out, since I'm running a 480 volt recipe off off 450 volts of Turbine output. I just watch the batteries and when they get to about 25% left, I pull all the raw materials out of the EBF Input Bus to shut it down. I have 2 HV Lithium batteries right at the EBF, and I also have 4 more MV Sodium batteries between the Transformers. This gives me a total battery capacity of 4,000,000 EU, and I've found I can cook up 8 Tungstensteel ingots at a time (4 Steel Ingots plus 4 Tungsten Ingots). Then I have to let the batteries charge back up to full power. Everybody's setup is gonna be different of course, find whatever works for yours. Eventually I will add more LV turbines to keep the Transformer banks more fully powered and counteract those machine/cable losses. I think 20 LV turbines (as opposed to my current 16) will be more than enough to run my HV EBF without any downtimes whatsoever.

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Found a problem with the processing array, while using it to process bee combs. Ends up filling the output bus with ghost shards, dust, beeswax, etc, so that nothing gets output. I see that the issue was already reported on the ic2 forum, but menting it here so that others can beware.
The latest GT version ,that is part of the latest IT2 update, should fix that. Are you using the latest update and it does still happen?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, it's not so much the crafting or automation of the alvearies that bothers me. I've bred Chestnut trees with forestry so that seed oil isn't an issue. I've got 4 LV centrifuges to sort out bee combs. It's that I can't seem to produce enough royal jelly to build the alvearies I want and to satisfy my insatiable need to mutate things with the mutagen :)

Alvearies work fine. But I wanted Magic Apiaries being fed by a nice sized node to be even more fine. And they're not, as far as I can tell they're broken or never fully implemented :(

I have 2 imperial bees with "fastest" production speed in industrial apiaries with 2 production upgrades each. They produce more than enough, so I suggest you look into Gendustry instead.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 imperial bees with "fastest" production speed in industrial apiaries with 2 production upgrades each. They produce more than enough, so I suggest you look into Gendustry instead.
I'm using Gendustry (thus my insatiable need for mutagen....) I'm one step away from Aer bees now and will resample all my bees with fastest production then. Currently they are all just "fast".

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
The latest GT version ,that is part of the latest IT2 update, should fix that. Are you using the latest update and it does still happen?

No, I'm using 3.1.12, still--I tend to put off updates until something comes along that forces me to do it! (I was using 3.1.3 up until 3.1.12 came out...) Since it fixes processing arrays, I'll do that tonight.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I added to a GitHub issue for Magic Bees regarding the Magic Apiary. I also made a GitHub issue for Blue Power Auto Crafting Table being very resource intense, even if it's not in use. (We removed majority of auto project tables from the public server because of the TPS drop caused).

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever i build GT multiblock machine, do all the hatches must be the same voltage (e.g. only LV for energy/output/input)? Or they can differ (LV energy, MV output, HV input)?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Whenever i build GT multiblock machine, do all the hatches must be the same voltage (e.g. only LV for energy/output/input)? Or they can differ (LV energy, MV output, HV input)?
Nope, and in many cases it doesn't matter too much.

Different input/output buses will allow larger volumes of fluids/items to be buffered, but that's rarely a big deal. A better energy hatch will allow you to "overclock" your recipes or reach recipes that require higher voltage.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
And a question about GT EBF. What are energy requerments?
A bit more specificly:
I have properly built EBF, with 2 batt buffers and 2 energy hatches. The problem is, EBF only running when there are a total of 4 or more batteries in the system. I have tried more Hatches/buffers and still, 4 or more batts required to run EBF.
What mechanics are behind this?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
A bit more specificly:
I have properly built EBF, with 2 batt buffers and 2 energy hatches. The problem is, EBF only running when there are a total of 4 or more batteries in the system. I have tried more Hatches/buffers and still, 4 or more batts required to run EBF.
The requirements are recipe-specific, so you only need 4 hatches in a scenario where, say, you need 128 eu/t but you can't make MV hatches yet. You'd need to make 4 LV energy hatches instead.

Can you describe what you're doing and what tier of machines you're using?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
A bit more specificly:

Each LV Energy Hatch can accept up to TWO amps. The first time you run the EBF, you need three LV Energy Hatches, that's why the Achievement for the LV Energy Hatch which pops up the first time you make one says "You need three of them!"

The Aluminium ingot recipe for the EBF requires 120 EU/t using standard Aluminium Dust. Two LV Energy Hatches providing 2 amps each, theoretically provides 32 EU/t * 2 amps * 2 Hatches = 128 EU/t. However, due to machine losses and cable losses, you will not actually get 128 EU/t, nor even 120 EU/t but something a bit less, perhaps 100 EU/t. Also, you probably don't have Duct Tape yet or a Soldering Iron with Fine Soldering Alloy Wire to fix all the Maintenance Issues on the EBF when you first make it... resulting in at least a 10% energy penalty. The bottom line is that you need 3 LV Energy Hatches, with 5 LV Steam Turbines to run the EBF the first few times, until you can make enough Aluminium to make a better setup (such as using a single MV Steam Turbine instead of the 5 LV Turbines). You should have 2 LV Steam Turbines into a 4-Battery Buffer Box containing at least 2 LV batteries and output the battery box into an LV Energy Hatch. This accounts for 2 Energy Hatches and 4 LV Turbines. The last energy hatch only will need one LV Steam Turbine and thus you can even run it without a battery buffer if you wish. But you def need at least 2 batteries in the other 2 buffer boxes - because only 2 batteries will provide 2 amps to the EBF. You can insert 4 batteries into each Buffer Box, which is a better setup because it will take longer for all your batteries to run down. This can theoretically provide 4 amps to your circuit, however since the LV Energy Hatches only can accept 2 amps, it will only "draw" 2 amps out of the battery boxes. The extra 2 amps (or 2 batteries) will NOT cause any overload problems, so no need to worry about that. The first few times you'll only be able to process one or two dusts at a time before you'll need to let the EBF rest and let all your batteries re-charge. The EBF will obviously fail when all your batteries get down to zero, and you'll lose a valuable dust/ingot, so keep an eye on it and don't let that happen. To me, the real key for the first-run of the EBF is "batteries, batteries, batteries". If you can afford it, use 9-battery buffer boxes and your EBF will run a long time! However, that would prob be a waste of materials, you really only need the 3 Energy Hatches, 5 LV Steam Turbines, 2 Battery Buffer Boxes and 4 GT batteries. Also note, this same concept will also apply when you get to the EBF recipes requiring 480 EU/t. I still cannot run my EBF for extended periods of time, I can process 4 Tungsten dusts into ingots before I have to take a break and let the batteries recharge... I have 4,000,000 total EU of batteries in-line with my EBF power supply, and yet they still only last for 4 Tungsten because my 16 LV Turbines cannot quite provide a full 512 EU/t thru all the cables and GT Transformers with the losses adding up. At some point I will add more LV Turbines/Transformers in an effort to get the power supply closer to a full 512 EU/t.

One other thing - you will probably discover that one of your LV Energy Hatches runs down quicker than the other ones do. I have never been able to figure out why this happens, but you'll probably know what I mean at some point when you see it happening. For instance, one battery buffer box may discharge its batteries quicker than the other one does. In this case, just keep an eye on the battery levels, and either swap full batteries in manually, or else swap batteries from one box to the other. Obviously, do not remove a battery for even an instant if you only have 2 batteries in the buffers. I run a full 4 batteries so I could swap them if some were running out faster than others. Basically, you need to "babysit the big dummy" for a while until you get your power infrastructure sorted out (which Aluminium ingots are obviously a big key). Sometimes moving things around helps a bit too, re-arranging your circuitry, which can often be a bit of a mess with so much stuff crowded around the EBF in this phase.

Last edited:
Reactions: GammaGoblin

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
The requirements are recipe-specific, so you only need 4 hatches in a scenario where, say, you need 128 eu/t but you can't make MV hatches yet. You'd need to make 4 LV energy hatches instead.
I tried to smelt aluminium with MV "energy". My thoughts: recipe requires 120eu/t, so even 1 MV Turbine ->1 MV BattBuffer -> 1 MV hatch would do (i know of cable energy loss, but there is only 1 cable block). But no, no progress, EBF blinks with green light for a moment then stops.

Can you describe what you're doing and what tier of machines you're using?
Currently, i have like 10 32x turbines powering buffer with 10 batts in it. And i`m kinda tired always waiting for them to fully charge, then put a couple of stainless steel dusts, then again wait for a full charge.. I`m further away in tech progress, i can make HV machines (currently making my way to QED to build quarry) So i thought of ways to improve the setup and built quick version of mentioned above setup in creative mode. The results we are discussing now.)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I tried to smelt aluminium with MV "energy". My thoughts: recipe requires 120eu/t, so even 1 MV Turbine ->1 MV BattBuffer -> 1 MV hatch would do (i know of cable energy loss, but there is only 1 cable block). But no, no progress, EBF blinks with green light for a moment then stops.
This will work fine.
Make sure
a) the muffler hatch isn't obstructed/pointing wrong way (EBF does have a muffler right? I forget)
b) there are no maintenance problems. They increase the cost of the recipes.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I put the battery buffers right up against the hatches on the EBF. 2 LV buffers, 2 batteries each. Is all good until the EBF needs maintenance.

Now that you can actually make a soldering iron there really isn't any need for 3 LV hatches unless your particular cabling scenario requires it.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the problem is not that EBF wont run at all. My goal is to run EBF 24/7 without the need to wait for batts to fully charge.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So I finally got a few stacks of Tungstensteel ingots made (yay!)... what would you recommend that I use them on initially? Is there a high-level item that requires Tungstensteel that you love using and would recommend? I'm looking at the GT Drills and Jackhammer, right now I'm very happy with my IC2 Mining Laser but not sure what the GT stuff can do for me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, the problem is not that EBF wont run at all. My goal is to run EBF 24/7 without the need to wait for batts to fully charge.
You said it blinks for a moment and then stops.

Did you check the (a) and (b) I mentioned? These are the cause of 99% of cases where the EBF starts and stops.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Its your power supply, it's not robust enough. Or possibly your steam supply to your Steam Turbines. Do you watch the Turbines as they run the EBF? Right click to view their GUI? Do you see the steam staying at 24,000 in all of them, with very brief flashes of 22,000 or so? Or do you see the Steam Turbines dropping to zero and brief flashes of 1000 before going back to zero? If you're seeing that, then your steam supply is insufficient. That's usually the case, I know it was for me. If they don't have full steam all the time, you're not outputting a full 32 EU/t from your Turbines.

If that's not the case, then you just need to add more turbines to keep your batteries recharged. Each 4-battery buffer box should ideally have 4 Turbines keeping them powered, however remember that due to machine and cable losses you may not get a full 4 amps of 32 EU/t into the Buffer Box. My HV EBF solution will be to use 5 LV Turbines per LV->MV Transformer, even tho only 4 are required theoretically, in order to cover the losses.