[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
What I like is getting achievement for making bronze after I'm hip-deep in the HV era. I had some bronze bits and bobs in the parts chest that I got around to macerating. Combined 4 of the small dust and got the bronze achievement after having already made eleventy-billion bronze ingots.
Yea... Achievements can be derpy from time to time... I was playing with my friends Resonant Rise modpack and i was quite far away in tech and just then I got an achievement for Benchmarking (crafting table) :D I got accused of cheating all the stuff...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Im in the steel age and Im not creating enough power with my diesel generator running off of fuel (fuel is taking way to long and costs quite a bit to make). So Ive been looking into large boilers to go the steam route. Do the GregTech large boilers accept oil as a fuel? If so is there a different way the input hatch has to be setup? Id prefer to just gather oil for now until I can get nuclear power going.

Do the liquid fireboxs from railcraft burn oil?
Dunno if large boilers accept oil. Make sure you don't try to use them with Fuel though as they don't burn fuel very efficiently compared to a diesel generator.

You may have better luck processing your oil with PneumaticCraft refineries. Also, you can consider upgrading fuel to Nitrodiesel, as it burns waay more efficiently, but requires more infrastructure and a source of nitrogen.
hi,
short question: what is the best coil block for BigReactors Turbine behind ludicrite or is there a list out there which blocks will work in infitech2 :)
I think the next best block that actually works in this pack is fluxed electrum.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing a lot about both GT charcoal production aswell as gregtech oil and oilwells, anyone know more about this? For instance how will gregtech oil spawn, how large etc and how do i use them with the oil well.

How does the GT charcoal thing work? im guessing it will be a bronze age machine you run on steam but i would love some more specifics.

And most of all when can i expect to see this in infitech2? :D

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing a lot about both GT charcoal production aswell as gregtech oil and oilwells, anyone know more about this? For instance how will gregtech oil wells spawn, how large etc and how do i use them with the oil well.

How does the GT charcoal thing work? im guessing it will be a bronze age machine you run on steam but i would love some more specifics.

Jason mentions the GT coal production in one of his latest vids (episode 18) (here). It's similar (not same) as terrafirmacraft, where you lay down layers of logs, surrounded by dirt (some other blocks are allowed - don't know which) and put a GT machine (can't remember name, sorry) on top! After a while .... you get a block of 'brittle' charcoal, which yields one charcoal.

Not sure about the oilwells, though - haven't come across them yet.

EDIT added episode number

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing a lot about both GT charcoal production aswell as gregtech oil and oilwells, anyone know more about this? For instance how will gregtech oil wells spawn, how large etc and how do i use them with the oil well.

I think oil wells are still WIP and not yet even in GT5.09 (am i correct @Blood Asp?)

Charcoal in InfiTech there is couple of ways.
1) Good old Coke Oven army :)
2) Later in tech via Arc Furnace (10s per charcoal)
3) Thaumcraft crucible processing (Vacuos + Ignis + Wooden Log)
4) New in GT5.09 Charcoal pit

Charcoal Pit is able to turn up to 11x5x11 array of Wooden Logs into brittle charcoal, which when broken will give you 1 Charcoal (with chance on bonus one, not sure about the % chance). It needs to be surrounded by Dirt or Grass, no air blocks allowed, on top there also needs to be Dirt or Grass, in the middle above the logs (inside the dirt/grass patch) needs to be the Charcoal Pit block and on the bottom it must be Bricks.
It is slow, but with good Fortuune pickaxe, you will get a lot of Charcoal :)... Its bit annoying to dig it all up however... 11x5x11 (max size) = 605 Wooden Logs, so you will probably want to make some automation (for example cleverly programmed drones)... I intent to give it a try somehow howfar can i manage the automation process.

it a lot of fun mechanics

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Jason mentions the GT coal production in one of his latest vids (here). It's similar (not same) as terrafirmacraft, where you lay down layers of logs, surrounded by dirt (some other blocks are allowed - don't know which) and put a GT machine (can't remember name, sorry) on top! After a while .... you get a block of 'brittle' charcoal, which yields one charcoal.

Not sure about the oilwells, though - haven't come across them yet.
latest vid = episode 18 :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
A few days ago I suddenly realized the lava centrifuge recipe provides a tiny tungsten dust, so my lack of discovering a Scheelite vein isn't putting all my progress on hold. Of course, I'm having to run the thing 24/7/365 to get any sort of quantity, but in two days I've already gotten half a stack of tungsten which is a full stack of tungstensteel. Slow going indeed, but beggars can't be choosy, as they say. :)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I think oil wells are still WIP and not yet even in GT5.09 (am i correct @Blood Asp?)
Oil is allready added and works but also still WIP. I need to write the wikipage for them...

Oil is "below bedrock" so you will not find oil wells. It is one oilfield every 96x96 blocks. 50% chance it is empty and each 12,5% chance it is Natural Gas, Light Oil, Oil, Heavy Oil. The amount is a bit like in Factorio. Actually not the amount of the oil well counts, but the extraction speed. That speed is beween 1-1024L per processing cycle. Only 2% are above 500L/cycle, 4% above 250L/cycle,... A cycle is 8 sec with an LV oil drilling rig, 0,5sec with an IV one. Not yet implemented: A mining drill digging down like the IC2 Miner or the GT Pump. Also the oil is currently endless. Saving of the extracted amount and lowering extraction speed accordingly will come soon.
Early on you must digg simply by luck to get your fist oil. But even a not that rare 50L/cycle oil well is enough to get enough plastic to progress. With HV tier tech, you can build an Seismic Prospector. That machine allows you to scan an area for oil and ores.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oil is allready added and works but also still WIP. I need to write the wikipage for them...

Oil is "below bedrock" so you will not find oil wells. It is one oilfield every 96x96 blocks. 50% chance it is empty and each 12,5% chance it is Natural Gas, Light Oil, Oil, Heavy Oil. The amount is a bit like in Factorio. Actually not the amount of the oil well counts, but the extraction speed. That speed is beween 1-1024L per processing cycle. Only 2% are above 500L/cycle, 4% above 250L/cycle,... A cycle is 8 sec with an LV oil drilling rig, 0,5sec with an IV one. Not yet implemented: A mining drill digging down like the IC2 Miner or the GT Pump. Also the oil is currently endless. Saving of the extracted amount and lowering extraction speed accordingly will come soon.
Early on you must digg simply by luck to get your fist oil. But even a not that rare 50L/cycle oil well is enough to get enough plastic to progress. With HV tier tech, you can build an Seismic Prospector. That machine allows you to scan an area for oil and ores.
I love the idea of infinite wells with varying production speeds btw.

Reactions: nonamefhh

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Question: will pneumaticcraft seismic thingie detect GT oil?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
The oil thing sounds awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on it:)

Nice entry on the oil rig also blood asp

semedori

Jul 29, 2019
I was still having trouble with crafting thick neutron reflectors (it needing meta data 0, but a freshly crafted one is meta 1).
I added to the scripts to be able to exchange for them as needed:
var normalReflector = <IC2:reactorReflector:1>;
var oddReflector = <IC2:reactorReflector>;
recipes.addShapeless(oddReflector, [normalReflector]);

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
They should work with oil.

You dont like fireworks? Shame on you.... (https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/endercore/endercore.cfg#L41)

Enderium or Titanium probably (last time I played with BR)

thx jason but there are no enderium blocks available, only the ingots.. titanium work
Dunno if large boilers accept oil. Make sure you don't try to use them with Fuel though as they don't burn fuel very efficiently compared to a diesel generator.

You may have better luck processing your oil with PneumaticCraft refineries. Also, you can consider upgrading fuel to Nitrodiesel, as it burns waay more efficiently, but requires more infrastructure and a source of nitrogen.

I think the next best block that actually works in this pack is fluxed electrum.

thx !!!

Cruds72

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me, how to make a reactor from the mod "big reactor"? I do, but it does not produce RF. And how you can transform the RF energy in EU?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Tell me, how to make a reactor from the mod "big reactor"? I do, but it does not produce RF. And how you can transform the RF energy in EU?

You have to make it actively cooled and it will produce steam. Presumably that steam will work in anything in the pack that uses steam, including a Big Reactor's turbine. Or you could just skip the RF step and run the steam into something that produces EU.

The only thing passive BR reactors produce in this pack is waste, which might come in handy if you want to build a BR turbine.