[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
another thing: I try to get the last few research options within thaumcraft4. I already have full warp and researched everything which is possible so far. what triggers the last few research options?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to run a GT HV Steam Turbine, it requires 52,000 L/sec of steam. A GT Huge Stainless Steel Fluid Pipe provides 28,800 L/s of steam, so I'll need two of them. But I have to run them side-by-side from the RC tank, without a block between them. Will this work or will it cause problems? I use GT Shutters, should I put a shutter between the two pipes all the way along the line? What mode should the Shutter be in? Do we want the steam flows to combine and act as one mega pipe carrying 57,600 liters or do we want to keep the two flows separate and avoid mixing them?

Also, what does the mode mean on the Shutters that says "Open if work disabled"?

Edit: Ran pipes side by side and def had some steam supply issues. So I found a way to stagger the RC valves and ran one pipe one level lower so they never connect up, and now the HV turbine is hummin' at full power and full steam. So it appears you should always avoid combining GT fluid pipes if possible.

Edit 2: Goodness, these numbers are way out of hand. LOL My Titanium GT Large Boiler outputs 32,000 L/s of steam and I have a turbine that uses 52,000 L/s. Even the top-tier Tungstensteel Large Boiler only provides 40,000 L/s. If I use my 16-LV-Steam-Turbine setup to get HV via transformers, the steam cost is only 16*2040=32,640 L/s instead of 52,000, and suddenly my Titanium Boiler can keep up with it as long as I don't run anything else. Sometimes you have to run these experiments and learn the hard way - I just learned as I type this. My HV Steam Turbine is def going back into a chest and I'll adapt my 16-LV turbine setup to run the EBF instead. Yes, I know we've discussed this Steam Turbine efficiency thing numerous times in the thread, but like I say... sometimes you only learn by experiencing it first-hand.

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
For EU from steam you use GT turbine at LV. You use 4 LV GT turbines into a MV battery buffer for MV. For HV skip the GT turbine and use a RC turbine. It's significantly more efficient. By HV you should either be off steam (nukes, biofuel, diesel), use the RC turbine, or build a large GT steam turbine. Personally I'd really recommend going with the RC turbines for HV and save the GT steam turbines for EV if you insist on steam for that era.

The single block MV and HV GT steam turbines are just simply too inefficient and impractical to use.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the 3 of the MV steam turbines along with 5 LV steam turbines for all of my EU. Steam from a 36LP boiler that is constantly on and a large steel boiler that fires up if the tank drops below 80% capacity and stays on until it is almost full again. Powered with the creostak with surplus creosote and charcoal.

Only thing I'm doing in HV is chips and freezing both of which I can handle fine with a transformer, 4-slot HV batbuffer, and 2 batteries. I've got batteries in front of the LV and MV processing lines as well as in front of the EBF so I don't have to worry about using the HV machines---none of which need to run continuously---while running the EBF continuously.

The only gotcha with the MV turbines is the amount of valves I needed on the RC tank to supply them with the 2nd tier EIO fluid conduit. :) Might redo that section, add a 4th turbine and stick all 4 onto the boiler itself, have the large boiler on whenever the EBF is on, not like i'm going to run out of charcoal any time soon.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
another thing: I try to get the last few research options within thaumcraft4. I already have full warp and researched everything which is possible so far. what triggers the last few research options?
Some triggers are tied to some actions. For example to unlock some research in Automagy (dont remember what it was). You needed to make a pearl, throw it few times to shatter, and then scan the shattered pieces.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
@nonamefhh Try battery hulls for electrum aspect.

I ended up having to do about 3 knowledge fragment researches to get everything.

Some triggers are tied to some actions. For example to unlock some research in Automagy (dont remember what it was). You needed to make a pearl, throw it few times to shatter, and then scan the shattered pieces.

I've hit a point where I don't no what to do anymore.
I followed @Dlur100 tipp and went to the outer lands for some knowledge fragments. Half an hour later and my Research notes break into knowlegde fragments.
@Jason McRay I already did that and I also scanned and killed several monster types in the nether to get the research.

BUT still I can see 2 things inside the eldrich tab, which I can't research :mad: don't know how to get them :(

sprAngles

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I'm having some issue with the large GT turbine - I followed the controller instructions and placed the controller itself at the front centre second level, the input hatch on the left centre second level, the output hatch on the right centre second level, the maintenance hatch on the right centre third level and a HV Dynamo hatch on the back centre second level. The multiblock doesn't form; is there something wrong with the structure?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys I'm having some issue with the large GT turbine - I followed the controller instructions and placed the controller itself at the front centre second level, the input hatch on the left centre second level, the output hatch on the right centre second level, the maintenance hatch on the right centre third level and a HV Dynamo hatch on the back centre second level. The multiblock doesn't form; is there something wrong with the structure?
Which turbine? Steam?

If its Methane, it requires a muffler hatch.

A screenshot would also be cool :)

gatsu

Jul 29, 2019
I've hit a point where I don't no what to do anymore.
I followed @Dlur100 tipp and went to the outer lands for some knowledge fragments. Half an hour later and my Research notes break into knowlegde fragments.
@Jason McRay I already did that and I also scanned and killed several monster types in the nether to get the research.

BUT still I can see 2 things inside the eldrich tab, which I can't research :mad: don't know how to get them :(

If I recall correctly, I believe you have to get the primordial pearl from the outer lands to complete the eldritch tab researches. So, you'll need to kill the outer lands boss and take the pearl. I'll give you a hand when you're ready.

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
1)

This is very very rare oregen bug. It can only happen if your world was generated way, way, back in the v3 release.

Ok Thank you! So the groth accelerator is disabled right ?

EDIT: ah i have seen it has been replaced by autoclave :)

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
can somebody post a recipe for the buildcraft quarry ? i dont get a recipe for this from NEI and i need it to build the ender quarry...

jogi01

Jul 29, 2019
there is no recipe for the buildcraft quarry and you dont need it to build the ender quarry

ok if i cklick the enderquarry recipe i see three items:
ender thermic pump
quarry (buildcraft)
ender core

so you say i dont need the buildcraft quarry so only a thermic pump and a ender core ? its very cheap isnt it ?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay I think you should remove the bc quarry to enderquarry recipe because its just confusing people and everyone who had a bc quarry should have made an ender quarry by now.
(or move the recipe into the qed so people can see both recipes at the same time)
ok if i cklick the enderquarry recipe i see three items:
ender thermic pump
quarry (buildcraft)
ender core

so you say i dont need the buildcraft quarry so only a thermic pump and a ender core ? its very cheap isnt it ?
There are 2 recipes for the enderquarry ...

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my (ridiculous) CreoStack Tower. Used one set of ender io item conduits :eek: for log insertion/charcoal extraction and bc pipes for creosote. Tree farm at the top and maxed iron tank for creosote at the bottom. Will be shortly attaching a gt bronze boiler (can't do steel yet - no advanced circuits until mv age).

Also in the pic are my 24 solars which have provided all my steam production up until now (I seem to do things at a much much slower rate than everyone else), my steam machine setup and 2x bbf for steel. There's a bunch of LV machines at the back.

c01QT1d.png

EDIT typo