[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
If dimensional transceivers are still out of reach, then I'll just go old school and build the reactor right on site of the quarry, and break it down and move it when done. LOL
Just so you're aware, there's no magical passive output from big reactors anymore. You have to produce power via the turbine. Which means you need cyanite to produce the turbine. Which means you need to either a) process your yellorite really well to maximize cyanite byproducts in the SAG mill (using dark steel grinding balls to increase %) or run your reactor wastefully, eating yellorium and producing cyanite but no power.

Reactions: Dlur100 and asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just so you're aware, there's no magical passive output from big reactors anymore. You have to produce power via the turbine. Which means you need cyanite to produce the turbine. Which means you need to either a) process your yellorite really well to maximize cyanite byproducts in the SAG mill (using dark steel grinding balls to increase %) or run your reactor wastefully, eating yellorium and producing cyanite but no power.

oh lord.... HELP

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Been struggling with oxygen, been using every recipe I see in NEI for LV era (there aren't many of them at 32 EU/t or less). Still can't keep any stored, I'm using it as fast as I can make it. How do you (or did you, way back when) generate oxygen for making your steel ingots?

I just made a MV Electrolyzer for making chrome from ruby, which gives me a nice oxygen boost, so don't be afraid to suggest an MV era process for oxygen if that's what you used. I can make MV machines now if needed. But I need oxygen badly.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Been struggling with oxygen, been using every recipe I see in NEI for LV era (there aren't many of them at 32 EU/t or less). Still can't keep any stored, I'm using it as fast as I can make it. How do you (or did you, way back when) generate oxygen for making your steel ingots?
I think you just do what you can until you hit MV. In the MV era you'll get more oxygen than you know what to do with.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019

I just made a MV Electrolyzer for making chrome from ruby, which gives me a nice oxygen boost, so don't be afraid to suggest an MV era process for oxygen if that's what you used. I can make MV machines now if needed. But I need oxygen badly.
Electrolysing sugar is probably the best method to get oxygen

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
As I said I am testing the Distillation Tower in combination with the large gas turbine and I could cry^^
It seems the large gas turbine is only efficient enough if use the right turbine.
Aluminium seems to be the best I can build atm, but it only produces 500 EU/t, that means I am loosing 12 EU/t because the Distillation Tower has to be powered with 512 EU/t.
As it seems the aluminium turbine consumes only ~7000mb every 7 seconds. That means I have one more bucket to product more energy than I am using.

That way you can produce a lot of biogas, if you can store it. If you need energy you have to stop the distillation tower once in a while. That is not what I am searching. I want to forget the damn power production and just leave it aside.
Using gas turbines should be more efficient. Am I right with that?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As I said I am testing the Distillation Tower in combination with the large gas turbine and I could cry^^
It seems the large gas turbine is only efficient enough if use the right turbine.
Aluminium seems to be the best I can build atm, but it only produces 500 EU/t, that means I am loosing 12 EU/t because the Distillation Tower has to be powered with 512 EU/t.
As it seems the aluminium turbine consumes only ~7000mb every 7 seconds. That means I have one more bucket to product more energy than I am using.

That way you can produce a lot of biogas, if you can store it. If you need energy you have to stop the distillation tower once in a while. That is not what I am searching. I want to forget the damn power production and just leave it aside.
Using gas turbines should be more efficient. Am I right with that?
Are you sure it needs 512 eu/t and not 128 eu/t?

You can automatically flip your distillation tower on and off via redstone signals when a buffer tank is full, as a reminder.

Reactions: nonamefhh

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it needs 512 eu/t and not 128 eu/t?

You can automatically flip your distillation tower on and off via redstone signals when a buffer tank is full, as a reminder.

Nice tipp, I always forget that.
The distillation tower needs 512 EU/t, if you want to turn biomass into biogass.

edit: btw. are there batteries for EV and higher?

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Nice tipp, I always forget that.
The distillation tower needs 512 EU/t, if you want to turn biomass into biogass.

edit: btw. are there batteries for EV and higher?

EV - Lapotron Crystal
IV - Lapotronic Energy Orb
LuV - Lapotronic Energy Cluster
And of course don't forget the Ultimate Battery :D

Reactions: nonamefhh

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019

Speaking of redstone signals, what was that red power (I guess now it'd be blue power) circuit you used to determine when your RC tank was low on steam and full of steam and power a large GT boiler based on it? :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of redstone signals, what was that red power (I guess now it'd be blue power) circuit you used to determine when your RC tank was low on steam and full of steam and power a large GT boiler based on it? :)
Comparator is supposed to be able to do it. Its in Blue Power and Project Red (and vanilla I believe). You can also do it with a buildcraft Gate if you prefer, but you're restricted to 25% increments instead of 1/15ths which is handier.

I haven't done it with a comparator personally.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
So I got to the Stainless Steel stage finally, after 4 or 5 long days of play... I always thought Chrome was one of the rare dusts, however I've got plenty of that thanks to processing all my Ruby Ore... what's holding me back from progressing is Manganese. NEI lists six ores containing it, none of which I've found, and the only one I think I've ever found in past play-thrus is Scheelite Ore. How do you find or make Manganese Dust while progressing thru early-game? Is it basically "go mine until you find some Scheelite", or is there another way?

searching also for scheelite, but the worldgeneration.cfg has no entry for scheelite ...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Comparator is supposed to be able to do it. Its in Blue Power and Project Red (and vanilla I believe). You can also do it with a buildcraft Gate if you prefer, but you're restricted to 25% increments instead of 1/15ths which is handier.

I haven't done it with a comparator personally.

Oh right, like this:
wUimFaS.png

Maybe i should check my screenshots folder before I ask questions :) This was from when I played IT2 2.x

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
searching also for scheelite, but the worldgeneration.cfg has no entry for scheelite ...

The first few chests I found gave me hundreds of manganese, so it is one of the ones I have never had to search for... I'm slightly worried now, in case there will be a time when I'm screwed...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I just found the rarest and most amazing ore vein I've ever seen:
klMSjXp.png

xpzpPgQ.png

Gjwrf5B.png

FugJhjJ.png

Yes, you saw correctly, this is the amazingly rare Crystal Growth Accelerator vein. It comes complete with droppers, redstone comparators, fences, and acacia leaves. I still haven't found any tin though :)

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You probably already know, but according to the guide, scheelite is found within a tungstate vein (levels 20-50), even though scheelite will the most common ore in the vein.

Does the config mention tungstate?

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
You probably already know, but according to the guide, scheelite is found within a tungstate vein (levels 20-50), even though scheelite will the most common ore in the vein.

Does the config mention tungstate?

Yes, tungstate is included between 20 and 50.