[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
On that note, I noticed some of the Steve's Workshop upgrades do not have recipes - a specific example is the upgrade that says it make fuel consumption more efficient (sorry, can't remember the exact item name). Does the lack of an NEI recipe mean that specific upgrade has been deemed "OP" and was removed from the pack?
It was too much efficient, maybe in par with electric furnace, so yep some of them are disabled.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Nether Quartz like all other materials spawn in big veins ^^ so keep looking they arent that hard to find.

It took a while, but yeah, once I came across one, I was pretty amazed at the size and density of the deposit. Nether quartz seems like the one material I'll never run out of now!

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It was too much efficient, maybe in par with electric furnace, so yep some of them are disabled.

That's cool. I wish someone would find a way to truly remove a recipe from the modpack, because it's confusing when a recipe is "removed" but still shows up in NEI anyways. I know that's not your fault Jason, I know it's a limitation of NEI or something... to me, it would seem to be trivial to have NEI inform a player that a recipe/item has been disabled somehow.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
That's cool. I wish someone would find a way to truly remove a recipe from the modpack, because it's confusing when a recipe is "removed" but still shows up in NEI anyways. I know that's not your fault Jason, I know it's a limitation of NEI or something... to me, it would seem to be trivial to have NEI inform a player that a recipe/item has been disabled somehow.
What I might do (if I will have time and will want to :) ) put a [DISABLED] in front of the name of the item :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
(but that will probably never happen :D )

Whew, if you went ahead and did that based on my comment, I would have called you nuts. :) It's just one of my suggestions to make the game better in the long run, that's all - for future reference.

And I just found another disabled recipe - we can't turn Cinderpearls into blaze powder, which really sucks. To make a "simple" Railcraft boiler, I need to dive deep down in the ocean to get that abyssal stone, and now I need to go fight some blazes so I can make the requires Fire Charges. And since I can't find any nether wart, I need to do these things without a potion of water breathing or fire resistance. Fun, fun fun! At this point, I'd say the "basic" Railcraft boilers are more mid-game than early-game. I think I should just give up and work on that "lava train" instead.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The cinderpearl thing at least is intentional.

I remember the day it happened too, because I had hoarded several stacks of cinderpearls. Easy blaze powder, woo! Except, the next day they were useless. I shoulda just converted them right away for that easy blaze :p

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Only one of the boilers requires abyssal iirc. I forget which one (liquid or solid)

Abyssal stone is easy to find just mining under an ocean. You don't need to swim down to it.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
What I might do (if I will have time and will want to :) ) put a [DISABLED] in front of the name of the item :)

(but that will probably never happen :D )
I'm not sure how hard it is but you could also make a new item called "Recipe is disabled" and when you remove items make a new recipe for the item with "Recipe is disabled" crafting into the disabled item (and of course no recipe for the "Recipe is disabled" item)

Only one of the boilers requires abyssal iirc. I forget which one (liquid or solid)

Abyssal stone is easy to find just mining under an ocean. You don't need to swim down to it.
Or make one nightvision potion and look into an ocean :D

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm not sure how hard it is but you could make a new item called "Recipe is disabled" and when you remove items make a new recipe with "Recipe is disabled" -> disabled item

Or make one nightvision potion and look into an ocean :D
No I get that. With nightvision, oceans are polluted with the stuff. I'm just saying you don't need to swim down because the nodes aren't just on the ocean bed, they're also below. You can't miss them if you don't feel comfortable swimming down.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Yes thats correct

Hmm, I made a solid-fuel bolier not so long ago and I don't remember having to find abyssal stone to do it.

EDIT: I think @Pyure's correct - maybe only the liquid-fuel boiler needs abyssal stone.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong - solid does require abyssal stone.

All moot for @asb3pe though - no nether wart for potions and no blaze powder yet!

Last edited:

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019

Minetweaker/modtweaker has the ability to hide NEI items (NEI.hide function). The scripts for bluepower, buildcraft, enderio, and my mekanism one all use it to great effect. There are some that minetweaker/modtweaker cannot hide. Those being ones with an empty NBT tag, which shows up like; .withTag({})). I use INpure Core to hide those. It is as simple as, NEI.hide("Mekanism:ArmoredJetpack"); which is an example from my custom mekanism integration.

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Minetweaker/modtweaker has the ability to hide NEI items (NEI.hide function). The scripts for bluepower, buildcraft, enderio, and my mekanism one all use it to great effect. There are some that minetweaker/modtweaker cannot hide. Those being ones with an empty NBT tag, which shows up like; .withTag({})). I use INpure Core to hide those. It is as simple as, NEI.hide("Mekanism:ArmoredJetpack"); which is an example from my custom mekanism integration.
But thats also not perfect because I for example always assume that I misspelled it or forgot how its called when I cannot find it :D and then I'm searching for half an hour until someone in the chats says its disabled ^^

Reactions: asb3pe

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
But thats also not perfect because I for example always assume that I misspelled it or forgot how its called when I cannot find it :D and then I'm searching for half an hour until someone in the chats says its disabled ^^
Like the Openblocks Fan. Searched and searched for it, and keep going back to make sure I didn't miss it. I'll miss you little mob spawner automation buddy :( I guess Corporeal Attractors it is.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Like the Openblocks Fan. Searched and searched for it, and keep going back to make sure I didn't miss it. I'll miss you little mob spawner automation buddy :( I guess Corporeal Attractors it is.

Yeah it was removed since it made mobfarms too easy. We have other options:
-corporeal attractor
-siren's lure
-attraction obelisk

I'm personally using siren's lure. Well I was, since my mobfarm hasn't been running for over a month - I don't need it anymore :)
Also cursed earth isn't the only way to spawn mobs. There's this TT thing (tablet or sth), Automagy Dimensional Lure, Powered Spawners, bees, and probably more which I don't know of.

P.S. Neutronium ore... :DDD

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I made a solid-fuel bolier not so long ago and I don't remember having to find abyssal stone to do it.

EDIT: I think @Pyure's correct - maybe only the liquid-fuel boiler needs abyssal stone.

All moot for @asb3pe though - no nether wart for potions and no blaze powder yet!

My recipe still calls for it. I located a Railcraft Abyssal node close to land and tunneled into it, even got one diamond and one emerald out of it too! Woohoo. LOL I expected a vast treasure of riches, but I guess "one and one" is way better than none and none. Beggars can't be choosy!

As for blazes, I did get incredibly lucky when the overworld base location I picked at random turned out to be exactly located at a nether fortress location and is almost next door to a blaze spawner, just far enough so they don't bother me. I've gotten a few blaze rods and might even go so far as to build Etho's blaze grinder there if I need an XP mob grinder farm (since we don't have MFR mob spawner).

Anyhow, bottom line is that I built 3 Railcraft high pressure 1x1 steam boilers, and I already had to shut one of em off because they were producing too much steam. LOL I won't have that problem for very long, it's only because I'm still in the LV age, but I'm just about ready to jump up to MV where I'll have the opposite problem of using all my steam up too quickly. hahaha And so it goes...

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Things I've learned, Chapter 86: When a conduit says "respects gravity", that's a fancy way of saying "whatever you put in will be more than you get out". LOL

Ah well, don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that I've got some Ender IO fluid conduits now. It is indeed possible to live without them, but it sure ain't pretty. :)

Oh, and I did give in on the Soldering Alloy vs Tin topic. You were right, one antimony ingot in order to use something like 4 or 6 times less fluid in the Assembler is indeed well worth it, if for no other reason than so you don't have to worry about filling the fluid tank nearly so often. :)

Finally... we had a discussion the other day and I said my recipe called for 34 EU/t and other people said "my recipe says 16 EU/t"... which was odd. Well, my game now says 16 EU/t as well, so I guess I wasn't on the same version as those folks, but I am now (I just use Recommended for version).

Reactions: Pyure