[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it was removed since it made mobfarms too easy. We have other options:
-corporeal attractor
-siren's lure
-attraction obelisk

I'm personally using siren's lure. Well I was, since my mobfarm hasn't been running for over a month - I don't need it anymore :)
Also cursed earth isn't the only way to spawn mobs. There's this TT thing (tablet or sth), Automagy Dimensional Lure, Powered Spawners, bees, and probably more which I don't know of.

P.S. Neutronium ore... :DDD

I'll probably use the Siren's lure also as it seems the most interesting. Plus, I think if I put it directly under my diamond spikes the mobs will just jump into the spikes, even if they're something like blazes that can fly.

I know cursed earth isn't the only way to spawn things. I'm collecting souls for the Tablet of Necromancy now and I'll use that for some specific things but I don't think it spawns as fast as cursed earth either. Also, I believe I can get pechs to spawn on cursed earth by growing a silverywood pure node there first.

I'll eventually check out the dimensional lure because it's cool and lets you select what spawns. Powered spawners are great, but I don't really have the EU/t for them right now, but I'm saving some space in my mob spawn tower for them for sure. It's also possible to just move a spawner with Thaumcraft.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
With the CESU I've been able to successfully suck full batteries out of it with eIO conduits, but I"m having a bugger of a time putting empty batteries back into the top slot. Also, is there a way with the CESU to regulate whether the item you're putting in will enter the top slot or the bottom?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla crafting table.

Does not help.

All users on our server there is the problem.
I will take a look at it, but probably not until weekend. Slightly busy week at work.

edit: Do you think you could open up an issue on github? Would do it by myself, but on mobile its not best :DF

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
With the CESU I've been able to successfully suck full batteries out of it with eIO conduits, but I"m having a bugger of a time putting empty batteries back into the top slot. Also, is there a way with the CESU to regulate whether the item you're putting in will enter the top slot or the bottom?
Have you tried a robotic arm attached to a GT item pipe?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nope, I tried EnderIO item conduits and then I was all out of ideas. :)
Personally I've never had any luck with the robotic arm in any circumstance ever, but it supposedly has the ability to send items into specific slots. Whether that would work in "output" mode from a pipe I'm not certain.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently crafting Semifluid Generators and they need Universal Fluid cells with sludge. Sludge is made with purple Drink, but how do you get Purple Drink? NEI only shows me to use the canning machine with Purple Drink bottle, but how do you get those bottles?

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Which way do you know to get up/down in a base? Ill list which ones i know:
Stairs
Ladders
Flight
Ender IO Telepad (only viable on high alltitude differences)
Minecart

Im sure there are more, help me complete the list with all you know. Im designing my base and for that i need something to get up/down, to different floors distrubuted about 140 blocks. Stairs take long but are foolproof while flying is fast, but looks ugly (just empty shafts with holes in the wall). Needed materials dont matter...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
PneumaticCraft elevators are nice when they're upgraded with several speed upgrades (otherwise they're too slow for my liking)

The resources are cheap, but you might not want to set up the infrastructure.

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Infitech2 3.1.9

I found a bug with the loss of objects in the crafting table. When you put the items in the crafting table and open any recipe of mode harcore ender expansion, the items in the table are lost.

Check please , if you have a normal crafting dual fuel rod (mox and uranium)? Recipes are broken?

I realized that also with the X.A.C.T crafter, but I don't know why.
I just build a full set of tools and it is gone. Don't know when this happened >.<

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered there is a GT Basic Diesel Generator and all I can find is that it runs on "liquid fuel" (a generic term). So I look up Oil in NEI and I see that a LV GT Distillery can turn Oil into Gasoline very quickly (<1 sec). I also see a LV GT Chemical Reactor can then turn the Gasoline into "Nitro Diesel" using Glyceryl Trinitrate (which is also easily made via the LV Distillery).

Before I go thru all the work, is this gonna be a valid way to power my machines? From what I see in NEI, is the Nitro Diesel gonna be the ultimate fuel for the Basic Diesel Generator, or is that used for something else entirely? Has any of this method been nerfed? Just wanna make sure because this seems like a nice solution to kinda sidestep the entire steam thing. I've got a nice fountain of oil just yonder over the hill, so if you guys say it's a go, I'm off and runnin' with it. But not until. :)

Oh, what's really going on is that I've achieved the Electric Blast Furnace, but now I need to power it of course - power the MV machine with my little puny single LV steam turbine, which I know isn't gonna work. :) So I've been investigating all the different ways I can work thru this critical phase of the GT ladder... I know I could just build a bunch of LV turbines and multiple energy hatches but then I discovered the GT diesel generator... so I need to know if that will work for me - otherwise I really, really need to bump up my steam production bigtime for this blast furnace if we're forced to go the steam turbine route.

In NEI searching for "diesel" i see there are two cells, the regular Diesel Cell and then the Nitro-Diesel Cell. There's a fuel value of 60 RF/t, oddly, if you hold shift while mousing over the diesel cell. Yes, I typed that correctly, it says RF/t for a Gregtech item, go have a look for yourself!. The Nitro-Diesel cell doesn't have any mouse-over info attached to it.

Don't spend too much time on an answer, I'm gonna go experiment in my other world and see what works and what doesn't...

Last edited:

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Which way do you know to get up/down in a base? Ill list which ones i know:
Stairs
Ladders
Flight
Ender IO Telepad (only viable on high alltitude differences)
Minecart

Im sure there are more, help me complete the list with all you know. Im designing my base and for that i need something to get up/down, to different floors distrubuted about 140 blocks. Stairs take long but are foolproof while flying is fast, but looks ugly (just empty shafts with holes in the wall). Needed materials dont matter...
Thaumcraft Arcane Levitators also.

Plus a good old fashioned vanilla water elevator with water assisted slow-down drop shaft :)

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019

Works fine for me. I'll catch you online and show how it should be done.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When you make the LV Energy Hatch and you get the Achievement and the Fireworks go off... it says, "You need three of them!" LOL

OMG it made me laugh so hard... priceless moment. Greg is genius. He is guiding us down the staight and narrow path but in a way so that we never quite realize it. He knows precisely at that moment why I'm crafting the Energy Hatch and is also giving the solution to the problem that probably confounds a lot of people the first time they play the mod. It's just brilliant. IMO obv, perhaps other people just shrug and move along...

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just discovered there is a GT Basic Diesel Generator and all I can find is that it runs on "liquid fuel" (a generic term). So I look up Oil in NEI and I see that a LV GT Distillery can turn Oil into Gasoline very quickly (<1 sec). I also see a LV GT Chemical Reactor can then turn the Gasoline into "Nitro Diesel" using Glyceryl Trinitrate (which is also easily made via the LV Distillery).

Before I go thru all the work, is this gonna be a valid way to power my machines? From what I see in NEI, is the Nitro Diesel gonna be the ultimate fuel for the Basic Diesel Generator, or is that used for something else entirely? Has any of this method been nerfed? Just wanna make sure because this seems like a nice solution to kinda sidestep the entire steam thing. I've got a nice fountain of oil just yonder over the hill, so if you guys say it's a go, I'm off and runnin' with it. But not until. :)

Oh, what's really going on is that I've achieved the Electric Blast Furnace, but now I need to power it of course - power the MV machine with my little puny single LV steam turbine, which I know isn't gonna work. :) So I've been investigating all the different ways I can work thru this critical phase of the GT ladder... I know I could just build a bunch of LV turbines and multiple energy hatches but then I discovered the GT diesel generator... so I need to know if that will work for me - otherwise I really, really need to bump up my steam production bigtime for this blast furnace if we're forced to go the steam turbine route.

In NEI searching for "diesel" i see there are two cells, the regular Diesel Cell and then the Nitro-Diesel Cell. There's a fuel value of 60 RF/t, oddly, if you hold shift while mousing over the diesel cell. Yes, I typed that correctly, it says RF/t for a Gregtech item, go have a look for yourself!. The Nitro-Diesel cell doesn't have any mouse-over info attached to it.

Don't spend too much time on an answer, I'm gonna go experiment in my other world and see what works and what doesn't...
Nitrodiesel is definitely decent (as far as GT power goes). Finding sources of nitrogen is a bit tricky: getting it from Air is expensive. I found ender pearls to be a good source.

fwiw, you get around the same amount of power using regular gasoline/diesel in an enderio combustion generator, but of course you'd need to transform that power to GT EUs.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Running my test now, gasoline versus nitro diesel, to see the difference. Same amount of fluid burning away in 2 GT Basic Diesel Generators and will see how far they fill some GT batteries, how long each takes to do so, etc.

I don't see where nitrogen is needed - running oil thru a distillery gives the two components for Nitro Diesel, gasoline and glyceryl trinitrate. Then you simply combine them in a Chemical Reactor to make the Nitro. All LV, and it is working like a charm in my creative world. The key factor will be if the Nitro Diesel power output really dwarfs gasoline's or not. As of right now they seem almost equivalent, which can't be the case since Nitro requires that extra step of combining with the Glycerly Trinitrate. But so far in my test the only difference I can detect is that the gasoline...

OH MY FREAKIN GAWD

as I was typing my last sentence, something just blew up, and it was the nitro diesel side. LOL Not sure what happened, but my little contraption just blew up as a thunderstorm began. It's possible I was hit by a lightning bolt, but somehow I'm suspicious of this process since it is using "nitro" and "glycerin" I think. That's nothing to mess around with! hahaha Wow, maybe I'll just stick to gasoline, my test is OVER! All my stuff blew up and too lazy to recreate the test now. Nitro seemed a little bit more efficient (it was burning down slower than the gasoline), but not worth this kind of trouble!

At least I found out the main thing: the GT Basic Diesel Generator seems to be a good choice if you have oil around, and the "liquid fuel" they speak of is basically your standard BC oil -> fuel refining.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thunderstorm? Do you know GT machines explode in rain?

BTW: Building the distillation tower is expensive and requires HV, so at the beginning you will use normal distillerys. Also it doesnt produce enough Glyceryl Trinitrate, you will still have to produce it...

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I've never had any luck with the robotic arm in any circumstance ever, but it supposedly has the ability to send items into specific slots. Whether that would work in "output" mode from a pipe I'm not certain.
Btw, it works fine with IC2 RE batteries, just not GT batteries. Go figure :)