[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
The Astro Miner gets blocked by GT ores, is there a whitelist or something that those need to be added to?

EDIT: And how do you make the SG Craft crystals, they have no recipe showing (I am in SP testing world so should not be a MineTweaker issue?)...
SG Craft crystals are dungeon (pyramid) loot only.

Astro Miner currently doesnt work on GT ores, and there is no way of adding whitelist yet.

Reactions: stuned

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite block isn't in the pack (the ChickenChunks Chunk Loader) - what is the best block to use to keep our base working all the time even when we're away? One of the Railcraft anchors? Since I'm SSP and can do anything I want, would the "Admin Anchor" be useful to me if I cheat it into my world? Or is the idea that we're supposed to be using the Railcraft blocks that requires the Ender Pearls as "fuel" to run them, which is a pretty severe cost penalty for chunk loading? Quite honestly... any sort of "penalty" or "cost" to chunk load our base is really mean and cruel, if that's indeed the case here. This modpack takes long enough to get anywhere in it, so I *MUST* always have my base's machines working for me even when I'm off mining somewhere.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite block isn't in the pack (the ChickenChunks Chunk Loader) - what is the best block to use to keep our base working all the time even when we're away? One of the Railcraft anchors? Since I'm SSP and can do anything I want, would the "Admin Anchor" be useful to me if I cheat it into my world? Or is the idea that we're supposed to be using the Railcraft blocks that requires the Ender Pearls as "fuel" to run them, which is a pretty severe cost penalty for chunk loading? Quite honestly... any sort of "penalty" or "cost" to chunk load our base is really mean and cruel, if that's indeed the case here. This modpack takes long enough to get anywhere in it, so I *MUST* always have my base's machines working for me even when I'm off mining somewhere.
Ender pearls are cheap (especially with the seeds of that plant that drops them, which is trivially automatable with pistons (to prevent golem death) and golems). I am running a half dozen anchors with no issue fully automated on my server.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just recommend adding in chickenchunks chunk loader.

There's no good reason to have fueled loaders. Either allow full chunkloading or restrict it via rules/plugins, but requiring fuels accomplishes not a damn thing.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just recommend adding in chickenchunks chunk loader.

There's no good reason to have fueled loaders. Either allow full chunkloading or restrict it via rules/plugins, but requiring fuels accomplishes not a damn thing.

I think it's intended for servers, as a way to prevent someone from setting their chunk loader and disappearing for the next 3 weeks. By requiring a fuel that powers a timer, it ensures that the chunks will unload after a reasonable amount of time automatically (i.e. 24-36 hours) without the server admin having to worry about it. I've never run a server so maybe there is a very easy way for an admin to monitor chunks, I dunno, but this was my understanding of the Railcraft Anchor blocks and why they were useful. But for someone like myself on my own SSP world, yeah - having to power a chunk loader just doesn't make much sense really, unless it's truly a big part of the pack's balancing somehow (which my point was, it shouldn't ever be). Since its been pointed out that ender pearls really aren't all that rare, none of this is really a big deal. I just saw the "Admin Anchor" and wondered if that might be a perfect solution for my SSP world. Worst case, I'll simply go vanilla and construct a big mob spawner in the sky near my base and just let the pearls pile up over time. Everything takes time in this pack, so I've just gotta get that solidly into my mindset, and get back to work!

Reactions: MigukNamja

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019

I added ChickenChunks two weeks ago but removed it after I found out that those chunkloaders are buggy especially if you want to chunkload the nether. If you play singleplayer you can set a dimensional anchor into adminmode --> no ender pearls required.

OvermindDL1

Jul 29, 2019
Requiring fuel makes the player need:
*) Infrastructure
*) Actually be playing instead of vanish for weeks at a time
Thus is highly useful for both balancing and servers.
Personally instead of ender pearls I would prefer a gregtechy GTEU powered chunk loader as that power can be more interesting to keep working, and puts the technology properly higher with higher machines.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
few THOUSAND? You might wanna fact-check that one to be sure. Few thousand is an absurd amount to not find any redstone.

I *think* you need MV to do the mining laser, and possibly HV.
I dug north at Y25 from Z-526 to Z-1354 without finding any redstone. I found Neodyium, Copper, Copper, Nickel, Limonite, Copper, Gold, Copper, Copper, Emerald, Limonite, Copper, and Plutionium veins along that path. No redstone.

So yeah, I did exaggerate a bit it seems, but 830 blocks is still a long ways to go to not find what you are looking for.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I dug north at Y25 from Z-526 to Z-1354 without finding any redstone. I found Neodyium, Copper, Copper, Nickel, Limonite, Copper, Gold, Copper, Copper, Emerald, Limonite, Copper, and Plutionium veins along that path. No redstone.

So yeah, I did exaggerate a bit it seems, but 830 blocks is still a long ways to go to not find what you are looking for.

Yes, and that's just bad luck.

Finding Redstone in the Nether with flight is the easiest way, but pre-Nether, pre-flight, it seems, is mostly luck.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Whoever decided to give us the option to use brick instead of obsidian to make Industrial Diamonds, thank you so very much. :) No way I'd have a Macerator if not for that blessing, and perhaps now I can quit AFK'ing with a weight on the mouse while the Quartz Grindstone does its thing. haha

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
Whoever decided to give us the option to use brick instead of obsidian to make Industrial Diamonds, thank you so very much. :) No way I'd have a Macerator if not for that blessing, and perhaps now I can quit AFK'ing with a weight on the mouse while the Quartz Grindstone does its thing. haha

is it possible to automate the grindstone with golems? The grindstone has some protection against that, right?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
is it possible to automate the grindstone with golems? The grindstone has some protection against that, right?

I think with the speed (slooow) of the basic steam macerator, the Grindstone is still in play and not entirely un-useful. Especially when I take a 20 minute break to go eat or something, that's the perfect opportunity to utilize it. Having said that... my first LV Steam Turbine is now clearly in sight and thus it won't be long before these orange steam machines are all a distant memory. :)

Bob558

Jul 29, 2019
Good afternoon!
Excuse me for my English.
I would like to express my gratitude for this assembly - very fun to play !!!
I love mod OpenComputers. Reaching the level of electric machines 2, I found that this mod, I still could not use because of the very complex craft. When you create all of the computers and robots used by the processors. In the processor used Control Unit - is the main chip processor.
http://ftbwiki.org/Central_Processing_Unit_(CPU)_(Tier_1)
To do it you need an electric machines with 480 EU / T !! Need platinum !! Platinum unobtainable in such quantities. It is very difficult to create. In this assembly modes OpenComputers almost impossible to use.
I ask you to change the recipes available for the level of aluminum when it is necessary to create a first-level processors.

Thank you for a great job on this game!

Last edited:

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: And how do you make the SG Craft crystals, they have no recipe showing (I am in SP testing world so should not be a MineTweaker issue?)...
You need to find a Tok'ra villager and trade :)

You have to make the Thaumium Gearbox and a use golem.

Reactions: MigukNamja

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
i need help everytime i try to run the pack i get this... and it doesnt work
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 2048
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[09:38:00] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[09:38:00] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0

kurisu_TEPDCR

Apr 18, 2015
i need help everytime i try to run the pack i get this... and it doesnt work
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 2048
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[09:38:00] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[09:38:00] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:106) ~[launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_51]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:98) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=256m; support was removed in 8.0
i also have redownload it like 7 times now

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isnt the thread for other packs and i havnt posted in a while, but my friend is having an issue with his own modpack and since you guys are experienced i thought id see if you wouldnt mind running over his crash report and telling me if my hunch is correct.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: SHA-256 digest error for bex.class
at sun.security.util.ManifestEntryVerifier.verify(ManifestEntryVerifier.java:218)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.processEntry(JarVerifier.java:241)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.update(JarVerifier.java:228)
at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierStream.read(JarVerifier.java:482)
at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:450)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:367)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:760)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:455)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:760)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:455)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:72)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Using incremental CMS is deprecated and will likely be removed in a future release

I *think* its java, but it could also be his computer or a bad mod file - he lives in Ireland - so any tech that isnt 4 years old is at a premium... also, sorry thats come out in a garbled mess ... friggin facebook chat.

Last edited: