[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

nonamefhh

Jul 29, 2019
But how does the auto-output work? I don't get that =(

Why is it not auto-outputing into a fluid pipe if I set it to auto-output?

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, and where does it go? :) Nevermind, I'll make one and figure it out - thanks!! Sounds easy enough, not every little thing needs to be automated. :)
Its voiding it ^^

But how does the auto-output work? I don't get that =(

Why is it not auto-outputing into a fluid pipe if I set it to auto-output?
It only auto autoputs to the output side (moveable with the wrench) NOT the front

Reactions: nonamefhh

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, and where does it go? :) Nevermind, I'll make one and figure it out - thanks!! Sounds easy enough, not every little thing needs to be automated. :)

Actually, now I'm wondering if it just deletes the fluid. While I have no idea if I'll ever have a use for chlorine, i feel compelled to save every bit of it - minecrafters are pack rats. LOL
It voids the liquid. Also Chlorine is not usefull for anything. All you can use it for (at least currently) is cleaning wool and other coloured stuffz :)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh aaaaand.... Modpack update v3.1.9 in just a few minutes (available from the version dropdown)
Changelog:
Mod Updates:
- BiblioCraft -> 1.11.0
- Buildcraft -> 7.0.23
- Buildcraft Compat -> 7.0.12
- Computronics -> 1.5.7
- CustomMainMenu -> 1.8
- EnderCore -> 0.1.0.24
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.415
- Forestry -> 3.6.6.24
- GalacticGreg -> 0.7
- Gendustry -> 1.6.0.125
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.773
- MrCrayfishFurnitureMod -> 3.4.8
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.11.6-126
- XACT -> 0.5.4

Changes/fixes:
- Fixed crash when entering the Controls/Keybinds Options menu.
- Reworked spawning of Naq ore. End: Only generates Small Naquadah Ore. Asteroid (GC): Generates full Naquadah Ore
- Crafting Hungry Hand Mirror now accepts any thaumium nugget.
- Changed the path for the Patreon Wall image to remote place. (so i can mess with it without the need for modpack update)
- Removed the patreon wall from resources.
- Removed duped and deprecated entries in GT WorldGen.cfg (regenerated again)
- Fixed handling of certain recipes in XACT Crafter.
- Few more regen of GT configs (MaterialProperties.cfg and MachineStats.cfg)
- Fixed producing of Sand with wierd meta value in SAG Mill. (Gravel is still broken)

Known Issues:
- Recipes that are changed are not visible on servers, they still work, but NEI is not showing them. Current workaround is to load Singleplayer first and then log onto server.

Reactions: Aiwendil

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Oh aaaaand.... Modpack update v3.1.9 in just a few minutes (available from the version dropdown)
Changelog:
Mod Updates:
- BiblioCraft -> 1.11.0
- Buildcraft -> 7.0.23
- Buildcraft Compat -> 7.0.12
- Computronics -> 1.5.7
- CustomMainMenu -> 1.8
- EnderCore -> 0.1.0.24
- EnderIO -> 2.3.0.415
- Forestry -> 3.6.6.24
- GalacticGreg -> 0.7
- Gendustry -> 1.6.0.125
- IndustrialCraft 2 -> 2.2.773
- MrCrayfishFurnitureMod -> 3.4.8
- PneumaticCraft -> 1.11.6-126
- XACT -> 0.5.4

Changes/fixes:
- Fixed crash when entering the Controls/Keybinds Options menu.
- Reworked spawning of Naq ore. End: Only generates Small Naquadah Ore. Asteroid (GC): Generates full Naquadah Ore
- Crafting Hungry Hand Mirror now accepts any thaumium nugget.
- Changed the path for the Patreon Wall image to remote place. (so i can mess with it without the need for modpack update)
- Removed the patreon wall from resources.
- Removed duped and deprecated entries in GT WorldGen.cfg (regenerated again)
- Fixed handling of certain recipes in XACT Crafter.
- Few more regen of GT configs (MaterialProperties.cfg and MachineStats.cfg)
- Fixed producing of Sand with wierd meta value in SAG Mill. (Gravel is still broken)

Known Issues:
- Recipes that are changed are not visible on servers, they still work, but NEI is not showing them. Current workaround is to load Singleplayer first and then log onto server.

Does it fix the MT issue?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Does it fix the MT issue?
Nope. MT has not been updated yet, and I am not going to revert and rewrite whole bunch of scripts, because lots of them are deps on 3.0.10. And since there is a simple workaround for this, its not that pressing.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to create ores besides bees and crops?

There was a mod in Beyond Reality that let me send a laser beam down to bedrock to mine ores out of the worlds core (created them out of the void).

I'm not very knowledgeable regarding bees and crops seems like a pain in the butt.

Well this is Infitech2, we like pain in our butts (no homo) :D.

And now, you can't create ores. You can duplicate certain stuff using either GT UU-matter (only chemical elements) or TC alchemy (quartz, glowstone etc)
Think of crops and bees as an investment. It is slow and shit at the beginning, but as you progress you get better stats on crops and bees which makes them a lot faster and more efficient. Also bees and crops are very easy to multiply so they can't be too powerful.

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, I <3 Transvector Interfaces.

6 coke furnaces connected to one set of eIO conduit:
mUYZGrE.png

This is great when you're GT poor, but Thaumcraft rich-ish.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think it's intended for servers, as a way to prevent someone from setting their chunk loader and disappearing for the next 3 weeks. By requiring a fuel that powers a timer, it ensures that the chunks will unload after a reasonable amount of time automatically (i.e. 24-36 hours) without the server admin having to worry about it. I've never run a server so maybe there is a very easy way for an admin to monitor chunks, I dunno, but this was my understanding of the Railcraft Anchor blocks and why they were useful. But for someone like myself on my own SSP world, yeah - having to power a chunk loader just doesn't make much sense really, unless it's truly a big part of the pack's balancing somehow (which my point was, it shouldn't ever be). Since its been pointed out that ender pearls really aren't all that rare, none of this is really a big deal. I just saw the "Admin Anchor" and wondered if that might be a perfect solution for my SSP world. Worst case, I'll simply go vanilla and construct a big mob spawner in the sky near my base and just let the pearls pile up over time. Everything takes time in this pack, so I've just gotta get that solidly into my mindset, and get back to work!
Requiring fuel makes the player need:
*) Infrastructure
*) Actually be playing instead of vanish for weeks at a time
Thus is highly useful for both balancing and servers.
Personally instead of ender pearls I would prefer a gregtechy GTEU powered chunk loader as that power can be more interesting to keep working, and puts the technology properly higher with higher machines.
What if all the players set up a simple ender pearl farm that feeds the chunkloaders?
Its like securing your house by hiding your key under the mat, with a sign that reminds you the key is under the mat.
Its bad design because its easily breakable.

I dug north at Y25 from Z-526 to Z-1354 without finding any redstone. I found Neodyium, Copper, Copper, Nickel, Limonite, Copper, Gold, Copper, Copper, Emerald, Limonite, Copper, and Plutionium veins along that path. No redstone.

So yeah, I did exaggerate a bit it seems, but 830 blocks is still a long ways to go to not find what you are looking for.
Yeah that's harsh. Keep at it though :)

There's no IRC channel?
Nope.

Yea about Steve's Factory Manager I wanted that too but it doesn't have any energy costs and so it was considered "too overpowered".
Steve's mods are amazing, but they subvert a lot of the tech in this pack. SFM is one of the most powerful mods in existence. Probably *the* most powerful logistics mod.

Reactions: DarknessShadow

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to create ores besides bees and crops?

There was a mod in Beyond Reality that let me send a laser beam down to bedrock to mine ores out of the worlds core (created them out of the void).

I'm not very knowledgeable regarding bees and crops seems like a pain in the butt.

What @Aiwendil said, plus this is a more difficult/longer/tedious pack than most other packs in terms of technology and tiering.

With that said, there are a ton of mining techniques and machines. Once you get the hang of GT5, you'll be swimming in iron since iron is probably the most common primary and secondary mineral from the various ore veins. As for copper, tin, gold, silver, and tungsten, centrifuging lava in MV centrifuges is not too difficult once you have enough energy to sustain a set of MV centrifuges.

Thaumcraft can be used to duplicate a lot of stuff you need and it convert any kind of metal into almost any other kind of metal.

Late-game, there is UU-matter and massive-scale ExtUt Ender Quarry mining. There are also robots/drone from various mods.

Bees are handy, yes, but not required in this pack.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So... there are no AE2 meteors for finding the 4 different presses? Instead, they are constructed in a Laser Engraver requiring 120v? So there's no AE2 stuff available in early game, forcing us to live out of wooden chests? Yuck. Not sure I agree with that one, but it is probably Greg's decision and not the modpack's... i really despise having to live out of chests, it reminds me too much of vanilla minecraft. LOL

Someone mentioned lava boilers and a train in the nether... can trains go thru nether portals somehow? Not very familiar with railcraft, if that's how you do it.

Finally, with gold being so rare... does anyone recommend constructing a nether portal zombie pigman farm as a solution? Or is it just much better to utilize this Thaumcraft process of transmuting metals instead?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So... there are no AE2 meteors for finding the 4 different presses? Instead, they are constructed in a Laser Engraver requiring 120v? So there's no AE2 stuff available in early game, forcing us to live out of wooden chests? Yuck. Not sure I agree with that one, but it is probably Greg's decision and not the modpack's... i really despise having to live out of chests, it reminds me too much of vanilla minecraft. LOL
That's funny, this is actually the first time I've ever heard someone praise AE2 meteors over IT2 handling of AE2 stuff. These are definitely IT2 changes. You wouldn't even be able to get INTO a meteor in the early game anyway: skystone is hard.

You can still make iron chests in the "early" game. Its not a big deal.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That's funny, this is actually the first time I've ever heard someone praise AE2 meteors over IT2 handling of AE2 stuff. These are definitely IT2 changes. You wouldn't even be able to get INTO a meteor in the early game anyway: skystone is hard.

You can still make iron chests in the "early" game. Its not a big deal.

I just love my AE2 and never had any problem with meteors. I think the biggest complaint about the meteors was for multiplayer - the early birds would get all the worms, so to speak, leaving the late-comers with nothing - or at the very least, making them go farther and farther out from spawn, creating a larger and larger save file size for the admin with all the newly explored chunks. At least that was the complaint about the meteors on the servers I've played on.

So my complaint is really about the timing - making us wait until we've got MV machines before we can utilize any of the AE2 stuff outside of the Quartz Grindstone.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Someone mentioned lava boilers and a train in the nether... can trains go thru nether portals somehow? Not very familiar with railcraft, if that's how you do it.
Look at it from this perspective. Not many ppl will go by foot on hunt for meteors, most ppl wants to have some form of flight. And where is flight tiered in GT itself? Yes, thats right. In MV. So its not that much diferent in the end :)

Trains through nether portal. Yes and its quite simple. Portal and one block away track.
P = portal
O = empty space
T = track
C = Switch track i think its called that

Look from top
PP
OO
TT
TCTTTTT

get it? :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just love my AE2 and never had any problem with meteors. I think the biggest complaint about the meteors was for multiplayer - the early birds would get all the worms, so to speak, leaving the late-comers with nothing.

So my complaint is really about the timing - making us wait until we've got MV machines before we can utilize any of the AE2 stuff outside of the Quartz Grindstone.
Yep I understand. I certainly never hated the meteors as much as other people, although finding chests with tech in them is a bit weird.

As much as I'm "ok" with standard AE2 gen though, I really love the greggified version of it way more. It makes a lot more sense and its easier to balance.

And I think you'll agree that having the ability to transform matter to and from pure energy on demand is definitely a mid/late game technology that you shouldn't get too soon! :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Jason, I'll experiment with it. At least I know (a) it's not a specific block that you must use, and (b) leave one empty space between track and portal. Not sure about "switch track" but I'm sure I'll figure it out once I get to the "let's go build it" stage.

Then again, if I can get to Dimensional Transceivers sometime soon, then there won't be any need for manual transportation of lava from nether to overworld. Just not sure when I'll be able to acquire and use those yet.