[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else still getting the tick time problems?
i just loaded up from my laptop and in some cases i can break a block 6 times before the internal server catches up with that.
We have huge problems with that on Groves server, too. Even when other stuff is mostly lag free an not much people are online we still get 10sec every 100sec we cant do much because everything gets reseted...

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
/tps command gives the following;

[19:05:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Average TPS over last 200 ticks: 7.97 (lowest: 0.86)
[19:05:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Average TPS over last 20 ticks: 6.19 (lowest: 3.56)
[19:05:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Average TPS over last 5 ticks: 6.67 (lowest: 5.92)
[19:05:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Time between last two ticks: 169ms (5.92 TPS)

Opis reports a tick speed average of 100-200ms, it also reports that the "World Tick" is 85-95% of that, this is also an area devoid of magic forest and taint biomes ...

Last edited:

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
After some further research, @Pyure : I have ruled out GregTech 5.08.19 for now - Beyond Reality uses the same version in V2.3.0B - all i have to show for my research on that pack is an abysmal framerate (10-50 fps, horrible fluctuation even with Optifine) Tick times are still holding around 10-15ms, so it cant be GT worldgen causing the issue.

Round robin disabling mods dosnt seem to have an effect and i can also tell you that this issue is not project blue and unlike Grove, disabling InfitechCore did not seem to improve performance for me.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
If this has been previously discussed, I'm sorry I haven't read the thread in a while...

Is Immersive Engineering a planned addition when it is released/maybe in future versions of the pack?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I have tick rate problems. I have a small base and a really powerful machine, but I have a tick time of 44 ms. That's barely free of lag. Extremely worrying.

I would like you to do some testing for me, create a new world and disable everything to do with thaumcraft - i believe im onto something ...

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I would like you to do some testing for me, create a new world and disable everything to do with thaumcraft - i believe im onto something ...
Well it's definitely not thaumcraft that is the cause, maybe an addon or interaction but thaumcraft had development of 1.7.10's version stopped so hasn't been updated since february. So yeah, thaumcraft itself definitely isn't the cause and if you have evidence to indicate it is you are wrong and it's another mod screwing up with it, just so you don't go running off in the wrong direction too far by blaming something that can't be the issue.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I was onto something alright, the fact that i should of gone to bed after making this post ... part of my issue was related to the fact that my laptop believed it was running on batteries, still with an entire swath of disabled mods im getting high world tick times that frequently peak over 50ms

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I wonder - would it help to enable Opis, in order to find out what's causing the problems? I recall there was some way to see a list of entities with the amount of cpu time they take up, though I don't recall how to do that.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is obsidian's blast resistance different in Infitech? I was making some obsidian lining to contain the explosions I use to make compressed iron (having no patience with the speed of my pressure chamber) and the explosion blew through a layer of obsidian almost as if it wasn't there. I was using Industrial TNT, but it's listed as being slightly weaker than normal TNT, so it shouldn't destroy obsidian. Right?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 nerfs obsidians blast resistance, it has since forever, at least in 1.2.5 I remember it doing so. It's to encourage the use of their reinforced blocks and make it less effective against nuclear explosions iirc.

Opister

Jul 29, 2019
So ive been making my sheep farm and realised that the sheeps get mature really fast, is that a bug? they only need 1 minute or so

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Is obsidian's blast resistance different in Infitech? I was making some obsidian lining to contain the explosions I use to make compressed iron (having no patience with the speed of my pressure chamber) and the explosion blew through a layer of obsidian almost as if it wasn't there. I was using Industrial TNT, but it's listed as being slightly weaker than normal TNT, so it shouldn't destroy obsidian. Right?
Try that glass you find in blue power volcanos, its supposedly wither-proof.

Reactions: Ieldra

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I saw something a while back about it being possible to run a reactor off plutonium indefinitely, that actually a thing or was I imagining things?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I...believe I have defeated two major restrictions of the pack. I'm putting this in spoiler tags, just in case somebody wants to figure this out on their own. Please don't nerf this away, I don't think is an exploit in any way, but a legitimate way to do things:
Nearly lossless power teleportation with Infitech 2:

Ingredients:
(1) Two GT battery buffers of an appropriate tier (usually MV or HV).
(2) One GT transformer of an appropriate tier (MV or HV).
(3) Two IC2 power storage blocks (CESU, MFE or MFSU)
(4) At least one IC2 power storage item (RE Battery, Energy Crystal or Lapotron Crystal)
(5) Two BluePower Retrievers
(6) Two Thaumcraft Magic Mirrors
(7) Some EnderIO conduits
(8) Two EnderIO item filters
(9) Two chests

The basic idea is to pull full power storage items out of their power storage blocks connected to a power producer, send them through a magic mirror and insert them into a power storage block connected to a power consumer, and when they're empty, pull them out of there and send them back through the mirrors to the power producer to be recharged.

This idea had to overcome some difficulties. First, you can't pull GT batteries out of their buffers, which is why you need the IC2 power blocks and one additional GT transformer on the power consumer side, which is why this method is only "nearly lossless" compared to a theoretical set of two power teleporter blocks directly connecting the two buffers. The additional loss added to what's inevitable when power leaves a GT block depends on the tier but is less than 1% for HV voltage or higher.

Second, while it is possible to pump items into a Thaumcraft mirror (the Thaumonomicon says so, it's no secret), a conduit will not pick up items pushed from a mirror in front of it. For that reason, you need a BluePower Retriever to pick up the power storage items coming out of the mirror, and since the transport is two-way, you need one on each side. I hope to overcome this problem in another way, since it doesn't look elegant, but so far it's important that it works.

Here's a picture of my test setup:
PowerTeleport1.jpg

This setup has used MFEs and using one energy crystal going back and forth, has successfully transferred several million EU contained in the HV x4 battery buffer at the right end to the HV *4 battery buffer on the left end. You need to use colored conduit lines on the EnderIO conduits and the filters need to be set to "match metadata". I tested this with advanced filters but found I don't need them since the energy crystals store their power as damage values and not as NBT data. A simpler setup without the mirrors and retrievers and using only the conduits and one buffer chest can be used to transport power with little loss over medium distances, removing the restrictions GT power loss imposes on the design of your base.

Edit:
LOL....I left my game running while I was writing this, and when I came back I found a giant hole. While I was writing it had begun to rain on my machines....

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I thought I saw something a while back about it being possible to run a reactor off plutonium indefinitely, that actually a thing or was I imagining things?
Sorta. You can make an IC2 MOX reactor which makes more plutonium than it consumes, but it still consumes some U238.

You can then use plutonium in an infinite-power RTG which doesn't produce a whole lot but is like solar in that it produces it forever.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
What is compressed iron used for? i think i created compressed iron by explosion somehow, i think it might have been because of TNT or creeper, not sure tho :S

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
What is compressed iron used for? i think i created compressed iron by explosion somehow, i think it might have been because of TNT or creeper, not sure tho :S
Basically everything in PneumaticCraft requires compressed iron.

Reactions: Tsuko

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I was trying to find an Oblivion Hive. They used to be easy to find in certain biomes, but I can't find any. Have I been extremely unlucky or have their spawn conditions changed? Also, I checked the Gendustry machines and I'm missing the Advanced Mutatron. I can see no script entry that may have disabled it so I'm wondering what happened.

One more thing: I was checking Big Reactors. Since the reactor power tap is disabled, I can't run a passive reactor to get the cyanite in order to make a turbine, and the only cyanite recipe I can see is a 5% chance when sending yellorite ore through the SAG mill. Is that correct or have I overlooked something?

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Well you can run a reactor without a turbine, the steam is oredicted after all so you can run other turbines off it, same with being able to run the BR turbine off other sources of steam.

The problem is that BR reactors have a non-standard steam to water ratio, it uses 1:1 and thus needs massively more water to create steam then RC or GT. That combined with the removal of sag mills and transfer nodes make getting cyanite a giant pain, unless you just mass waste production anyway and don't use it to get power. The reason why transfer nodes being removed is bad is because of transfer rate issues and water gen, the water gen can be circumvented with thirsty tanks to a degree, they can reach about a sixth of the rate of a maxed transfer node. The transfer rate is a much bigger issue, conduits fair better then GT pipes except for the very highest few pipes but they still pale compared to transfer nodes, for reference you would require 7 IV GT pumps to keep up with the max speed of a big reactor, that's enough to run 25 BR turbines at full speed though so you're unlikely to ever need it as it's easily over a hundred thousand EU/t.

But yeah, all in all your options are either just run the reactor without producing anything to generate waste or get a bunch of thirsty tanks supplying it with water to let it run GT or RC turbines to generate some power that way until you get enough cyanite for a turbine.