[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I rather think that the fuel value of BC fuel and its equivalents in a GT Diesel Generator needs to be adjusted upwards, drastically. Actually, a factor of 3.5 appears almost appropriate given the differences between oil, ethanol and refined fuel in all other mods that use them. Buildcraft, Thermal Expansion and EnderIO are all consistent in that refined fuel is about three times as efficient as Ethanol/MFR Biofuel in their respective engines, and that one fuel bucket generates approximately the equivalent of 1.5million RF. It makes no sense that GT's combustion engine-equivalent is three times less efficient than the rest of modded Minecraft.
No because everything in GT is balanced very carefully around those values. I understand that the first reaction is often "increase the weak stuff instead of nerfing the strong stuff", but this is a case where there's only one tiny sore thumb in the middle of a massive pile of balance.

And the rest of modded minecraft can go fly a kite because its not in this pack. RF economy differs from pack to pack, as does balance, and it makes no sense here.

edit: I also meant to say that I agree that there needs to be a difference between ethanol and diesel. But the answer can't be "make our hardcore GT pack wussier than everyone else's"

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
No because everything in GT is balanced very carefully around those values. I understand that the first reaction is often "increase the weak stuff instead of nerfing the strong stuff", but this is a case where there's only one tiny sore thumb in the middle of a massive pile of balance.

And the rest of modded minecraft can go fly a kite because its not in this pack. RF economy differs from pack to pack, as does balance, and it makes no sense here.

edit: I also meant to say that I agree that there needs to be a difference between ethanol and diesel. But the answer can't be "make our hardcore GT pack wussier than everyone else's"
What, are you thinking of making ethanol even weaker than it already is? You know, the argument goes the other way too: "make the strong stuff weaker" can't be the answer to every perception of imbalance either. Besides, increasing the fuel value of refined fuel might make it actually feasible to use the higher-tier diesel generators. It needn't be as drastic as *3...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What, are you thinking of making ethanol even weaker than it already is? You know, the argument goes the other way too: "make the strong stuff weaker" can't be the answer to every perception of imbalance either.
I agree with you sir. I think ethanol should be weaker than diesel but I don't think there's any way to do it. Ethanol is barely workable for most players as it is, so the compromise between WussTech and DeprecatedEthanolTech is having it equivalent to fuel.

Imma bug Jason about this today if I can catch him.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm wondering: has anyone found a way to pull batteries out of their buffers automatically? I think switching batteries is a perfectly reasonable way of getting around having to lay mid-range cabling, and I can see no reason why it shouldn't be possible, but the plain fact is: I can't make my EnderIO conduits do it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Try:
* RC Carts (Advanced loader)
* Golems (i think)
* BC Pipes + redstone engine
* Logistics Pipes
* AE2
* Blue Power probably
Golems with Empty or Use cores, BC pipes and Blue Power Transposers don't work. Can't test the rest at the moment, but I think it's safe to assume they won't work either. Grrrr....

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Do we still have the XU pipes?
I recall a DW20 ep where he used them to move ic2 batteries around between cesu's to avoid having a huge power loss ...

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Do we still have the XU pipes?
I recall a DW20 ep where he used them to move ic2 batteries around between cesu's to avoid having a huge power loss ...
IC2 power blocks don't have this problem. I can pull items out of them with EIO conduits and basically any other method. It's only GregTech buffers that refuse to co-operate. Also, Transfer nodes are disabled.

Edit:
That means I may be able to use Energy Crystals to transport power. Only then when the power leaves the necessary transformer, there will be some power loss that otherwise wouldn't have occurred. I'll have to check if that outweighs the gain.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
IC2 power blocks don't have this problem. I can pull items out of them with EIO conduits and basically any other method. It's only GregTech buffers that refuse to co-operate. Also, Transfer nodes are disabled.

Edit:
That means I may be able to use Energy Crystals to transport power. Only then when the power leaves the necessary transformer, there will be some power loss that otherwise wouldn't have occurred. I'll have to check if that outweighs the gain.
It'll depend on the distance traveled, but in almost all cases you're going to save a lot of energy by transporting batteries around.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else still getting the tick time problems?
i just loaded up from my laptop and in some cases i can break a block 6 times before the internal server catches up with that.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
Im currently working on setting up an infitech public server. Does anybody know of a good Forge protection plugin? I'm looking into mytown but I wouldn't mind other options in case that doesn't work out.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
Grief prevention is out of the options since its a bukkit plugin, I don't have the time to mess around with cauldron.

EDIT: deleted my post above this one it wasn't important and was a double post

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Grief prevention is out of the options since its a bukkit plugin, I don't have the time to mess around with cauldron.
Yeah I'm ensuring we steer clear of cauldron plugins in the discussion no worries.

After grove's server abandoned cauldron I thought he looked into mytown but maybe not.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently talking to the mytown2 dev on his irc channel and it seems like it will work out fine for the most part.

EDIT: Also does anybody know if the industrial credits have nbt since the my town econ stuff doesn't work with nbt.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is anyone else still getting the tick time problems?
i just loaded up from my laptop and in some cases i can break a block 6 times before the internal server catches up with that.
I have tick rate problems. I have a small base and a really powerful machine, but I have a tick time of 44 ms. That's barely free of lag. Extremely worrying.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
My server was having a lot of lag (though I'm not sure if it was Tick rate lag) until i added some extra jvm parameters to help with garbage collection.