[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I was trying to find an Oblivion Hive. They used to be easy to find in certain biomes, but I can't find any. Have I been extremely unlucky or have their spawn conditions changed? Also, I checked the Gendustry machines and I'm missing the Advanced Mutatron. I can see no script entry that may have disabled it so I'm wondering what happened.

One more thing: I was checking Big Reactors. Since the reactor power tap is disabled, I can't run a passive reactor to get the cyanite in order to make a turbine, and the only cyanite recipe I can see is a 5% chance when sending yellorite ore through the SAG mill. Is that correct or have I overlooked something?
Xavion covered basically everything here, including the horrible water problems when trying to including non-BR turbines in a closed loop.

The only thing I'll add is that you can get a better return on the SAG mill by using Dark Steel grinding balls. I hoard all the dark steel items/ingots I find in chests for precisely this reason.

So far I've played two games where I was able to grind all the cyanite I need straight up from the random yellorite and dark steel I've found. I've never wasted power.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Xavion covered basically everything here, including the horrible water problems when trying to including non-BR turbines in a closed loop.

The only thing I'll add is that you can get a better return on the SAG mill by using Dark Steel grinding balls. I hoard all the dark steel items/ingots I find in chests for precisely this reason.

So far I've played two games where I was able to grind all the cyanite I need straight up from the random yellorite and dark steel I've found. I've never wasted power.
Well, it's not as if you can ever have enough yellorite. It will require a lot of mining, though... *sigh*. I have thought of using GT's large turbine instead, but the BR one is five times as efficient, that would just be a waste of resources. You know, for a large tech mod, GT is really bad at power generation.

Regarding the water, transporting it should be possible with those huge GT pipes - the titanium ones transport almost enough liquid to power a maximum-size turbine, assuming that 1L equals 1mB. Since it only takes a very small and inefficient reactor to make that amount of steam, I might as well go for it.

Edit:
The Thirsty Tank appears to generate about a bucket per second. That would mean I'd need 40 of them...... I don't suppose there are any upgrades in the research I didn't manage to unlock yet. I'm really stuck in Automagy research. There's an item going off the Thirst Tank research, which is still locked, along with two other elements in the same area, in spite of having researched everything in regular TC except for the inaccessible part of the Eldritch tab and everything I can reach in Automagy, including some hidden stuff.

While I'm at it, didn't you say the PC drones were fast? I made a few and programmed them to mine, but they were painfully slow.... did you give them an IC2 mining drill and they used it?

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like how much new "ore" gen there is (old version) all the chisel blocks + yellorium + thaumcraft shards, it adds up really quickly and then the thaumcraft portable hole is less useful because these things is getting in the way.

A fix would be for example if there was bigger marble veins but fewer of them! same as gregtech ore generation.

There is just too much yellorium everywhere as well, can i change this to my liking easily?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, it's not as if you can ever have enough yellorite. It will require a lot of mining, though... *sigh*. I have thought of using GT's large turbine instead, but the BR one is five times as efficient, that would just be a waste of resources. You know, for a large tech mod, GT is really bad at power generation.

Regarding the water, transporting it should be possible with those huge GT pipes - the titanium ones transport almost enough liquid to power a maximum-size turbine, assuming that 1L equals 1mB. Since it only takes a very small and inefficient reactor to make that amount of steam, I might as well go for it.

Edit:
The Thirsty Tank appears to generate about a bucket per second. That would mean I'd need 40 of them...... I don't suppose there are any upgrades in the research I didn't manage to unlock yet. I'm really stuck in Automagy research. There's an item going off the Thirst Tank research, which is still locked, along with two other elements in the same area, in spite of having researched everything in regular TC except for the inaccessible part of the Eldritch tab and everything I can reach in Automagy, including some hidden stuff.

While I'm at it, didn't you say the PC drones were fast? I made a few and programmed them to mine, but they were painfully slow.... did you give them an IC2 mining drill and they used it?
1) GT's power generation is scaled for GT and mostly to Greg's liking. He doesn't like long-lasting energy supplies, which puts him polar-opposite to your own preference.
The nice thing about my SAG mill tactic is that you also squeeze the most out of your fuel. Add octadic capacitors to the thing and you're also processing it really efficiently. I wish I could give you some good numbers, but I think 10 stacks of ore should get you enough cyanite for a small turbine. Worst case scenario, do a tiny reactor with RC turbines and you'll still make power + cyanite, just not quite as efficiently.

2) You asked Xavion about these several pages ago and he gave you a monstrous wall of information about the thirsty tanks, including the upgrades. Go back and read dude :) (I'd actually answer your question myself except I dont recall the answers. I actually want to upgrade mine as well)

3) PC drones are fast if you give them speed upgrades and compatible picks. The second thing is the tricky part. You'll need to test in creative to find out what works. For the record, I completely failed all my attempts to get them to recharge their drills automatically and I ended up giving them enchanted dark steel picks instead, and just repaired them occassionally. They shred through veins with those especially with the spoon enchantment. But keep in mind that you want to scale with numbers here. I frequently used 5 mining drones and 5 scavenging drones. They're smart enough not to create work conflicts btw.

There is just too much yellorium everywhere as well, can i change this to my liking easily?

Well, it's not as if you can ever have enough yellorite.

What :p

I'm with Ieldra on this one!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsuko

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Pyure :
Thanks. Found the info. It appears as if the upgrades are indeed in that research item that refuses to unlock. Very odd, perhaps something went wrong when I transferred my research from my old world.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
For the upgrades it's gated behind crushed avarice pearls as they're required for one of the recipes, this I obtainable by using an avarice pearl to pick up items by throwing it at them, you may have to throw a few times as the pearl doesn't always break and that's what's important. It actually hints at that in the research for avarice pearls, generally automagy includes some trickier stuff so if it ever says you might learn something by doing an action try that action. It's similar to how the brains work though, you have to get the item to unlock the research. Once you've thrown the pearl and got the fragments or whatever they're called. The bovine glyphs also require the earth crystal brain as another little tip.

Reactions: Ieldra and Pyure

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Guys how can I ensure an essentia reservoir only accepts one type of essentia?
Only use filtered essentia tubes on it? That should work, not sure if there is a way to actually limit the reservoir to only one type of essentia.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For the upgrades it's gated behind crushed avarice pearls as they're required for one of the recipes, this I obtainable by using an avarice pearl to pick up items by throwing it at them, you may have to throw a few times as the pearl doesn't always break and that's what's important. It actually hints at that in the research for avarice pearls, generally automagy includes some trickier stuff so if it ever says you might learn something by doing an action try that action. It's similar to how the brains work though, you have to get the item to unlock the research. Once you've thrown the pearl and got the fragments or whatever they're called. The bovine glyphs also require the earth crystal brain as another little tip.
Thank you, that was it. I have all other automagy research so I think I got it complete now.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Duh I should have clarified that I specifically don't want golems dumping wahtever they want into it, just, say, ordo.
Have you tried putting a label on it? That's the standard way of saying "Only X goes in here".

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Doesn't work :(

I'm totally bummed out by reservoirs lol
I'm still using jars. Management may be a bit of a hassle, but it's straightforward, I'll probably keep it that way until I get into Thaumic Energistics.

What I meant to ask you is how do you get experience? I don't usually get much from fighting (now not at all since I switched to Peaceful), and early on I made a ton of xp by manual mining, but I don't get that anymore since mining with magic gives you no xp. I'm not willing to go back to pickaxes and suchlike, especially now that I have my first primal staff ever and can mine with magic faster than the arcane bore.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm still using jars. Management may be a bit of a hassle, but it's straightforward, I'll probably keep it that way until I get into Thaumic Energistics.

What I meant to ask you is how do you get experience? I don't usually get much from fighting (now not at all since I switched to Peaceful), and early on I made a ton of xp by manual mining, but I don't get that anymore since mining with magic gives you no xp. I'm not willing to go back to pickaxes and suchlike, especially now that I have my first primal staff ever and can mine with magic faster than the arcane bore.
I haven't actually needed any xp yet. I'm running around at level 40 or so just from the random xp sources I encounter (nether quartz, furnacing, etc)

If you have an infernal furnace, you can apparently do a brain in the jar beside it to collect all the furnace xp.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
Do lv pumps require a constant 32 eu/t
EDIT: also I'm streaming again http://www.twitch.tv/quitehatty/
EDIT: since somebody was wondering these are the java parameters i use for this pack
-XX:NewSize=512M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:parallelGCThreads=8 -d64 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Guys, the TC advanced alchemical furnace is pretty sweet.

Also, I suck at making energized nodes. Or rather, I'm fine at making them except I'm lazy. Mine does like 6,5,5,5,3 or something. 5,6 in everything except Ordo.

Also, anyone know how to unlock the eldritch TC hammer whose name escapes me but apparently works like a tico hammer?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Guys, the TC advanced alchemical furnace is pretty sweet.

Also, I suck at making energized nodes. Or rather, I'm fine at making them except I'm lazy. Mine does like 6,5,5,5,3 or something. 5,6 in everything except Ordo.

Also, anyone know how to unlock the eldritch TC hammer whose name escapes me but apparently works like a tico hammer?
I mentioned this before: it's easier to use several energized nodes rather than one. The centivis aspects required for an operation do not need to come from one node. I have six nodes of one aspect each. Works perfectly and I could use the most powerful single-aspect nodes I found in the world. The only consideration is the added cost for the stabilizers and transducers. That Ordo lags behind is normal btw..

How much warp did you have when you unlocked the outer lands? I have the book, but still haven't got it. Last time I was at more than 50%, but it may be possible with less.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I mentioned this before: it's easier to use several energized nodes rather than one. The centivis aspects required for an operation do not need to come from one node. I have six nodes of one aspect each. Works perfectly and I could use the most powerful single-aspect nodes I found in the world. The only consideration is the added cost for the stabilizers and transducers. That Ordo lags behind is normal btw..

How much warp did you have when you unlocked the outer lands? I have the book, but still haven't got it. Last time I was at more than 50%, but it may be possible with less.
I was at the second gold band on the sanity checker, which agrees with other comments I've read. I don't recall seeing a message however, I just checked my book at some point and realized I had new research I could do.

I'll bear that in mind with the energized nodes. For now my wussy node is doing what it needs to do fortunately. Its fun watching how fast it processes aspects now.

Also made an infernal furnace. With ignis and 3 gallows it runs faster than anything other than a midway upgraded multi-smelter. I've placed a brain-in-a-jar beside it to gather XP, since you were asking about that the other day.

I'm up to level 50 now after going through outer lands. I cheated so badly there: I backed up my world every 5 minutes because i was dying constantly. I highly recommend a) better armor than I had, and b) an offensive wand. Although my vampiric zephyr did pretty good up close.

Reactions: Ieldra

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I was at the second gold band on the sanity checker, which agrees with other comments I've read. I don't recall seeing a message however, I just checked my book at some point and realized I had new research I could do.

I'll bear that in mind with the energized nodes. For now my wussy node is doing what it needs to do fortunately. Its fun watching how fast it processes aspects now.

Also made an infernal furnace. With ignis and 3 gallows it runs faster than anything other than a midway upgraded multi-smelter. I've placed a brain-in-a-jar beside it to gather XP, since you were asking about that the other day.

I'm up to level 50 now after going through outer lands. I cheated so badly there: I backed up my world every 5 minutes because i was dying constantly. I highly recommend a) better armor than I had, and b) an offensive wand. Although my vampiric zephyr did pretty good up close.
Interesting to hear. I'm going to need such xp, and I'm a bit from the second gold band yet. Regarding weapons and armor, it happens that I spent the better part of the weekend making a GraviChestplate (wow, that's a crazy recipe. 1.5 stacks of iridium, about 6-8 of iron and copper each and 12-16 stacks of tin and coal dust to start with, and then you use part of that to make 96 coolant cells that don't stack, plus some other stuff) and a primal staff that adds +1 potency to any focus you use. I can tell you, mining with that thing is awesome. Still, I'll make an Ender quarry for my yellorite needs since I'm fed up with walking kilometers of underground corridors. Better let an Enderquarry run at its default very slow speed for a few real-time days. I'll have to wait for my new chestplate to recharge for a few hours at a time anyway until I have solved the power problem in a satisfactory manner.

Meanwhile, are there new methods to import power into GT in v3? Or are we stuck with the horribly inefficient PneumaticCraft conversion? You know, I'm tempted to add Power Converters just to get around that problem, and I don't think it would be against the spirit of the pack since the goal, if I recall things correctly, was seamless conversion to GT. GT to RF is possible with capacitor banks, but that's not the direction you need if you're running a Big Reactor.

Also, does anyone know how difficult it is to convert ComputerCraft programs to OpenComputers?

Last edited: