[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I am curious about your experience with this. I only know its capabilities theoretically.
Very reliable. Its not super fast, so I use 4 at a time. I'll find an oil well, and place the tanks adjacent to any flowing oil blocks. The tanks trace back to source blocks farthest away so that you (usually) manage to drain the entire well.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Details on thirsty tank incoming, anyone who is interested in them may like having the numbers laid out for them.

It's primary purposes is as a portable tank, rain tank, pump, and infinite water source all in one.. The infinite water source part will make it generate one bucket of water every 1.5 seconds if it's adjacent to a water source block, only one source is needed and it will generate the water so long as it's capable of storing it. If exposed to rain it will also generate water at a rate of 10mB every 5 ticks. The pump aspect is triggered by placing it next to the fluid - water it must be next to a flowing block and not source - and then it should start pumping from the outside of it's range in, it will prioritise whichever block is furtherest away from it via euclidean distance, it's max range is that the block must be connected by a string of fluid blocks to the tank of a maximum of 32 blocks in length however which is a different measuring system for distance.

The next part is the upgrade system, this is based around placing a series of glyphs onto the tank. One on each side, shift right click with a wand on the glyph to remove it . The list of glyphs and their effect in order.
  • Glyph of the Void: Makes the tank not care about how much is in it and void the rest, so the tank will still consume and attempt to consume even if it would send it over. I think that if it's totally full it won't attempt to milk cows still but I'm not sure on that.
  • Glyph of Consumption: Every 5 ticks the amount of fluid in the tank will reduce by 100 times the amount of consumption glyphs in mB.
  • Glyph of Siphoning: Every 5 ticks the tank will attempt to transfer liquid out of itself into any tanks directly adjacent on a side with a siphon glyph. It will transfer up to 150mB split between all siphon destinations. So 3 destinations means 50 to each and 1 means 150 to it. The tank cannot pump liquids up through a side with a siphon rune.
  • Glyph of Envy: Every action the tank will attempt to take out up to a bucket of water out of a tank on the specified side.
  • Glyph of Temperance: The tank will not attempt to pull liquid into itself unless it's receiving a redstone signal, the consumption, siphoning, and void glyphs will still work fine however none of the other special functions of the tank will trigger.
  • Glyph of Preservation: The tank will not allow itself to go below 1 mB of fluid, this works with all other glyphs so consumption of siphoning glyphs will not send it below either for example.
  • Glyph of the Guzzler: Each glyph will reduce the time between actions by 35%. This stacks exponentially and is rounded to the nearest integer. The speeds from 0 glyphs to 6 glyphs is 30, 20, 13, 8, 5, 3, 2 for the amount of ticks between actions. This also increases the speed at which it generates water from rain, this is done by each glyph giving a 1/6 chance of making the next rain collection take only 2 ticks instead of 5. Actions are pumping fluid, generating water from a source, extracting with an envy rune, and milking with a bovine rune.
  • Glyph of the Reservoir: Increases how much the tank can store by 16 buckets. Attempting to remove a reservoir glyph when it would put it's max capacity below currently stored amount will fail and cause you to take one damage, you can't take that damage more than once a second regardless of how many times you attempt to remove it.
  • Glyph of the Bovine: The glyph of the bovine will prevent the rain tank, pumping, and envy abilities from functioning if installed. Every action the tank will look in a 5x5x5 area centered in front of any side with the bovine glyph for cows or mooshroom, if it finds one it will milk it generating either a bucket of milk or mushroom soup depending on the type of animal. Cows cannot be milked more then once every 100 seconds, more then one cow cannot be milked per action.
So yeah, I think that's everything you could possibly want to know about it. Except for the bug I found while testing anyway which lets you turn basically any liquid into other liquid but I'm off to report that now.

Bril

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having a ton of "lag" since the update (not the most recent experimental one). When I check the minecraftlog.txt file I see these

[22:21:42] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 31754ms behind, skipping 635 tick(s)

Any ideas what is going on? Once I start to get this lag I have to shut down the game and restart to clear it.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
I've been starting to have this too. Seems related to recipes/crafting somehow, as it gets worse and worse as I use the BluePower and Steve's Workshop project tables (even if the SW table has no crafting tables). I'm also getting alot more FPS lag with CCC's F7 functionality than I used to, especially when underground, dropping from 120+ FPS to ~40 FPS.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah something happened in v3 to generate lag, the exact source of it hasn't been tracked down yet afaik but something happened. Whether it was a mod update or addition is unknown though.

On a different note one extra bonus tip about the thirsty tank, it can pump up liquid death just fine. This is notable for anyone who has used the stuff as when it spreads out on placing it actually splits itself between multiple blocks, that means you can't bucket it as it's got less then 1000mB of liquid in a block. So just use the thirsty tank and it should work fine. On that note look at liquid death, it's a Thaumcraft liquid that damages any mob touching it and upon killing has a chance to drop crystallized essentia relevant to the mob, nice as it's an easy way of killing mobs that doesn't harm loot or anything.

For a question, is there anyway to replicate the quarries functionality with it being removed? Notably the ability to remove a huge chunk of land from the top down, important to me as I have a plan that will need a lot of basalt and that only spawns in volcanoes. As I want to leave the landscape intact just with the volcano missing the ability to set up a quarry to remove everything above ground level would've been great, mining up several volcanoes for all their basalt doesn't sound like much fun after all even with advanced gear to make things faster.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
More about the new PneumaticCraft:

I'm now creating liquid plastic. The Thermopneumatic Processing Plant works faster than the refinery, and as opposed to the picture on imgur posted by MineMaarten, you only need one block rather than four, at least if you have other uses for the three distilling fractions not used for plastic . Also, lava blocks work as a heat source, but generate heat slowly. I am experimenting with different heat generation setups, more about that later. I will now need to dye the plastic... unfortunately, I still need to collect flowers, depending on the colors I want.

I wonder if PC drones can shear sheep. Is there any auto-shearing technology in Infitech?

Edit:
I like this change. Less collecting of stuff, more production processes. Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Xavion :
Thank you for this comprehensive write-up. Two things remain unmentioned though:

(1) How much liquid can the tank store by default? The "standard" 16 buckets?
(2) Can you pump liquid out of it with pipes or conduits?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@Xavion :
Thank you for this comprehensive write-up. Two things remain unmentioned though:

(1) How much liquid can the tank store by default? The "standard" 16 buckets?
(2) Can you pump liquid out of it with pipes or conduits?
Yes and yes, it interfaces with everything like a tank normally would and does have 16 buckets unupgraded.

I've been playing around with IC2 biogas production, if my maths is right and I think it is it should be capable of producing about 240k EU after all the costs are accounted for. That seems pretty good to me, considering 1 plant is enough to provide that at a rate of 16EU/t for a good minute and a half or so that actually seems like a pretty good power choice if you can set it up, the cost of a farm isn't that high so as long as you can produce plants at least every minute or two you should be able to create sustainable LV power.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
For a question, is there anyway to replicate the quarries functionality with it being removed? Notably the ability to remove a huge chunk of land from the top down, important to me as I have a plan that will need a lot of basalt and that only spawns in volcanoes. As I want to leave the landscape intact just with the volcano missing the ability to set up a quarry to remove everything above ground level would've been great, mining up several volcanoes for all their basalt doesn't sound like much fun after all even with advanced gear to make things faster.
The BC Filler still excavates I believe.

Also we still have the EIO quarry do we not? Granted it goes all the way the way to bedrock.

Yes and yes, it interfaces with everything like a tank normally would and does have 16 buckets unupgraded.

I've been playing around with IC2 biogas production, if my maths is right and I think it is it should be capable of producing about 240k EU after all the costs are accounted for. That seems pretty good to me, considering 1 plant is enough to provide that at a rate of 16EU/t for a good minute and a half or so that actually seems like a pretty good power choice if you can set it up, the cost of a farm isn't that high so as long as you can produce plants at least every minute or two you should be able to create sustainable LV power.
IC2 biogas was pretty neat for a while, I did that in my last world.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I wonder if PC drones can shear sheep. Is there any auto-shearing technology in Infitech?

Edit:
I like this change. Less collecting of stuff, more production processes. Nice.
Ieldra I keep finding oilwells/oilponds out in new territory but they look like old BC ones to me. Is the oil readily distiguishable?

Regarding sheep: I dunno any ways to automate that specifically (although I believe there's a TC block that can perform "use"), but there's tons of ways to automate string. You see where I'm going with that.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Any reason why there is no binnie mods? And can I add it, without breaking the balance/progression etc?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Ieldra I keep finding oilwells/oilponds out in new territory but they look like old BC ones to me. Is the oil readily distiguishable?
I don't know yet. I just used the next BC oil well in known territory and found that it worked. According to the in-game wiki, PC oil lakes spawn mostly underground and look similar to other underground lakes except that they're filled with oil.

Regarding sheep: I dunno any ways to automate that specifically (although I believe there's a TC block that can perform "use"), but there's tons of ways to automate string. You see where I'm going with that.
Just looking for a way to make a dye farm. Hmm...didn't ProjectRed have dye trees? Perhaps Project Blue has replicated them.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Any reason why there is no binnie mods? And can I add it, without breaking the balance/progression etc?
I think Extra Bees is superfluous if you have Gendustry. Also, I haven't checked but I think Gendustry's recipes may have been GTified somewhat. If so, that will affect balance. How much, I can't say since I'm not there yet.

Warplord

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Bees is totally different from Gendustry? Gendustry adds all the tools for bee manipulation but Extra Bees adds the BEES themselves :D Without extra bees bees... not much point :(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Extra Bees is totally different from Gendustry? Gendustry adds all the tools for bee manipulation but Extra Bees adds the BEES themselves :D Without extra bees bees... not much point :(
Our bees are rather customized. I'm not sure how much you can change without breaking the scripting for them.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
There is still Magic Bees (at least there was last time I looked). There used be quite a bit of overlap between Extra Bees and Magic Bees.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
All right, for those who are interested, plastic production in PneumaticCraft is up and running. Observations:

(1) The refinery is very slow, even with the maximum of speed upgrades allowed for a tier 1 air pressure system (which I tested but don't use - it requires one alumentum every 20 seconds, the same as my 36LP boiler which generates 200 EU/t), but the rest of the production process is fast.
(2) You get four distillation fractions, and can process heavier into lighter fractions with the thermopneumatic processing plant. The lightest is named LPG and is used to make liquid plastic in the same machine. The second-lightest is named "gasoline" and can be used in a GT diesel generator to generate power. The heaviest ist named "Diesel", but actually can't be used in a Diesel Generator. This is confusing. Since the heavier fractions can be processed into lighter ones, you can get any combination of gasoline and LPG out of your oil, only at least 1/8 is LPG (the fractions aren't distributed equally, you get more from the middle ones). I suspect that PC oil and the BC oil I am using are identical in that regard.
(3) Heat generation is more efficient if you place a block of compressed iron between the vortex tube and the machine that uses the heat.
(4) You make plastic sheets with the plastic mixer. It's extremely easy. Pump your liquid plastic in and make sure the mixer stays cool enough since the liquid plastic is considered hot and heats up the mixer (either use a vortex tube or just wait until it cools naturally - the latter is slower, but needs no power). As opposed to what the in-game wiki says, you don't make colored plastic with the mixer. At least I haven't found out how. Instead, you make white plastic, and you can craft that into the colored version with a standard crafting recipe of 8x plastic +1x dye.
(5) One nice consequence of this new system is that you don't need the pressure chamber to make plastic, which means that you need never bother with the primitive mechanics of having to break open the chamber to put something in - you can craft the chamber interface and use the chamber properly right from the start.
(6) All this uses up a ton of compressed iron. OK, maybe I wasted some because I made more machines than necessary before I knew what I was about, but I was rather glad I put eight stacks of iron into the initial explosion that made my first batch of compressed iron. The most annoying thing, on the other hand, was making the speed upgrades. Ugh. Potion making. Nether warts. Wheat, milk and eggs for cake. Sugar. I had none of that when I started. Accidentally, I found there is a glass bottle recipe for the alloy smelter that you can use in the steam age.

All in all, a really nice way of making PneumaticCraft plastic, which I like much better than the flowers. They were cool, but collecting them was a pain and farming them extremely complicated. Now for figuring out how I get to the drones.... Meanwhile, more mining. I need platinum for the vacuum freezer...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for a different topic: I am researching my way through Automagy, in order to see if it provides a block that can drop items into the world (and do it with more precision than a dropper - too bad we don't have Botania's open crate), In spite of having researched everything from regular TC except the staves and the as-yet unreachable stuff in the lower part of the Eldritch tab, and in spite of having researched everything I can reach except the Hungry Hand Mirror of automagy, there are five items still locked and I don't know how to unlock them (buyables don't usually unlock stuff): the item with the chest icon below the "Enchanted Paper" research, the item going off the Thirsty Tank, the item with the ring icon below that group, and two buyables in the upper right corner of the automagy tab. Can anyone help me out?

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The most annoying thing, on the other hand, was making the speed upgrades. Ugh. Potion making. Nether warts. Wheat, milk and eggs for cake. Sugar. I had none of that when I started. Accidentally, I found there is a glass bottle recipe for the alloy smelter that you can use in the steam age.
Rejected!
https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-Reloaded/issues/7
As you can see I agree with you though. Recipes involving the mass production of cake are enough to destroy one's will to live.
Fortunately you can do all of the potion making with GT machines, which are nicer to automate than brewing stands.

Glass dust + bottle mold = bottle? Yep.

Btw, I finally unlocked my eldritch tab last night. It looks like I can't get any further in peaceful mode however, I'm pretty bummed about that. I need to get some primordial pearl, which requires me to kill some dweeb in some place called the outer lands.

So I've got to build a portal or something I guess at one of those altars? All I know is I need to farm the cult guys, so I soul-vialed a couple of them last night. I also ran into a eldritch guardian thing who almost wrecked me. Sadly I accidentally killed him before I remembered to soul vial his ass.

Winsomniak

Jul 29, 2019
Jason,

For whatever reason, simple solar boilers are running 24/7 on our server. Most people are saying it is a bug/op and that they should be running only 20% of the day like the wikis suggest (1.2l/t average).

Currently they are equivalent to simple coal boilers that require no fuel (6l/t).

I actually think running all day while not realistic helps to balance the fact that people usually sleep in single player or on smaller servers to keep the solars running but yeah, figured I better report it.