[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Is there a way to convert RF to GT EU?

For now I have a lot of steam and I assume the only way to convert steam too EU is using the GT Turbines?

Also I got a sugar and a apple farm so I want to make hootch with the Ender IO Vat. But I could not find any way to convert the RF to EU.

And for now I do not have any machines that use RF.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Is there a way to convert RF to GT EU?

For now I have a lot of steam and I assume the only way to convert steam too EU is using the GT Turbines?

Also I got a sugar and a apple farm so I want to make hootch with the Ender IO Vat. But I could not find any way to convert the RF to EU.

And for now I do not have any machines that use RF.
RF to IC2 EU using GC or PC, then IC2 EU to GT EU using transformers. Not so early game though.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
GC? What mod is that sorry :)
The options were Galacticraft and PneumaticCraft, both of them are able to take in and give out both RF and IC2 EU. If memory serves it's balanced so Galacticraft is easier but much more lossy, PneumaticCraft is conversely much more complex than just some wires and batteries but you can get a much better rate.

Reactions: Pyure

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The options were Galacticraft and PneumaticCraft, both of them are able to take in and give out both RF and IC2 EU. If memory serves it's balanced so Galacticraft is easier but much more lossy, PneumaticCraft is conversely much more complex than just some wires and batteries but you can get a much better rate.

Thanks! PC is not installed in my world. Miguk decided he does not like it I think :)
I will have a look into GC then. Never played with it. But for now I think I will do some more steam turbines then :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
100% correct. In theory, you can get "perfect" conversion with pneumaticcraft, although with the new Heat mechanic in PC its really damn hard to do. I offer a challenge to anyone who can successfully convert 15k RF/T into EU at an ideal 4:1 ratio (theoretically possible).

The problem is that the converters themselves lose efficiency as they warm up, and it doesn't appear to be possible to keep them perfectly cool, and with large amounts of RF you're going to be overclocking your converters considerably (causing more heat)

Thanks! PC is not installed in my world. Miguk decided he does not like it I think :)
I will have a look into GC then. Never played with it. But for now I think I will do some more steam turbines then :)
Miguk didn't like the seeds causing havoc in his world and he didn't use any of the toys it offers :)

Tip: if you decide you don't like the conversion ratio for PC or GC, both can be changed in their respective configs.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
so i was peering into the ic2 configs today and saw this ...
Code:
[testing]
; Enable the advanced nuclear reactor cooling system, *highly* work in progress, not stable.
experimentalAdvReactorCooling = false

What is this, pressure vat reactor mode?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
IT2 new installed? That might ship an old config. (Thats not a problem. That line just does not work anymore with current version of IC2)

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I am shipping ALL the configs with the pack. And I am not regenerating old configs, since it would be just insane.

Gamejet

Jul 29, 2019
My mate is experiencing this issue when he tries to launch InfitechVersion 2.2.0. Version 2.1 however works fine. Any clue how to fix this?
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for InfiTech 2 v 2.2.0 MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: InfiTech 2 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 5888
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[18:36:55] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[18:36:55] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
at java.lang.ClassLoad

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
My mate is experiencing this issue when he tries to launch InfitechVersion 2.2.0. Version 2.1 however works fine. Any clue how to fix this?
Try to redownload. Might be a incomplete/broken download. At last that is what it seems to me.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.7.10 Please wait!
Setting up native libraries for InfiTech 2 v 2.2.0 MC 1.7.10
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: InfiTech 2 1.7.10
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 5888
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
[18:36:55] [main/INFO]: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
[18:36:55] [main/ERROR]: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_55]
at java.lang.ClassLoad
try redownload, If it will not help please give me full console log (in console click on upload log and provide a link for me)