[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Can anyone answer for me a question about world generation; more specifically taint - why is taint still spawning in my world with the conditional line in the tc configs set to false?
What else is affecting worldgen that is overriding the TC configs?

Also, why are they so damn huge?! (is this a byproduct of the value "biome weight?)
Which specific line did you edit?

And they're just supposed to be huge. I see a huge taint biome as a challenge. Power through thaumcraft now or the taint will spread to your base and infect it. I like living near taint for that purpose. Just wish taint was more useful.

And the biome weight is how common that biome is. It *should* have no effect on biome size unless multiple biomes spawn next to each other. Setting that value to 0 should disable taint biomes spawning in your world.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Some of you probably heard about it, but lets make it as official announement in here.

Current version (v2.2.0) has been released almost a month ago. I was working hard on preparing Infitech Reloaded, but since GT6 will take probably long time to be in playable state I will be pushing the massive changes from Infitech Reloaded into Infitech 2. This will not include GT6 and honestly I am not even sure if I will be making Infitech with GT6.

I will be making one or two hotfix versions (v2.2.1 and v2.2.2) and then I will be getting the massive update ready. It will be as v3.0.0 and to have the transition for you as smooth as possiible, you will need to restart. You will be able to transfer your current builds, if you will want, with the use of MCEdit or (if you know how) via AE2 Spatial Storage + NEI inventory save feature.

As for what changes will happen in v3, I am not going to tell you all of them, but most notable ones will be removal of some mods (project zulu, biomes o plenty and other not necessary mods), replacing ProjectRed with BluePower and updating ExtrabiomesXL to propper version. Recipes for machines will be extensively changed to the point where you will not be able to really make for example Forestry machines or Steve's Workshop Production tables without touching GT.

Also one change, which we are currently testing, will be complete removal of IC2 cables (yes, no more cheaty wiring).

v3 will also contain RFTools, but it will probably not appear in v3.0.0. There is a lot of stuff I need to do for balancing purposes

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask, and if I will be able I will try to answer them.
Do not ask for ETA on v3. I work on the modpack when I have time, whenever I want.

edit: As for HQM addition. Would love to, but I su*k at writing quests :D

Last edited:

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
As for what changes will happen in v3, I am not going to tell you all of them, but most notable ones will be replacing ProjectRed with BluePower
edit: As for HQM addition. Would love to, but I su*k at writing quests :D
Did you seriously just censor "suck"? What, so sucking a lollipop is swearing? By the way, Blue Power is seriously broken, and I prefer Project Red 10 times over it. At least disable PR.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Did you seriously just censor "suck"? What, so sucking a lollipop is swearing? By the way, Blue Power is seriously broken, and I prefer Project Red 10 times over it. At least disable PR.
How is it broken? You're insulting my testing abilities.*

*(I have no idea what I would want to do with blue power or project red so I haven't actually tested it at all)

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
How is it broken? You're insulting my testing abilities.*

*(I have no idea what I would want to do with blue power or project red so I haven't actually tested it at all)
The logic circuits and stuff. Last time I tried, the cables took SO LONG to connect. The logic gates occasionally crash too. As this was deemed a "stable build", I thought the mod was gone.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I just found out the but with recipes disappearing (Specifically some types of vanilla wood planks not able to be used in crafting) is not limited to Infitech. I've been playing some Beyond Reality lately and the same bug appeared. Reloading scripts didn't fix it. No idea what mod is causing it, but completely restarting the game seems to be the only fix. Has anyone else had this issue?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I just found out the but with recipes disappearing (Specifically some types of vanilla wood planks not able to be used in crafting) is not limited to Infitech. I've been playing some Beyond Reality lately and the same bug appeared. Reloading scripts didn't fix it. No idea what mod is causing it, but completely restarting the game seems to be the only fix. Has anyone else had this issue?
Only when jason botched the extraulitities.zs scripting. Then we had him executed and replaced with RobotJasonMcray who pays a lot more attention to detail.

Reactions: Fraction2

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
The scripting part is legit. Tons of recipes tanked.

But we did not in fact commit murder and engineer a robot who can design and modify modpacks, no. That part was purely humour.

For now.

So...shouldn't have reloading scripts fixed this?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So...shouldn't have reloading scripts fixed this?
I was serious about the scripting issue but I don't know that its at all connected to your own problem.

@Jason McRay, the problems we had with extrautilities.zs a few weeks ago, is there any chance the same (or similar) problem exists in the recommended Infitech2 version?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I was serious about the scripting issue but I don't know that its at all connected to your own problem.

@Jason McRay, the problems we had with extrautilities.zs a few weeks ago, is there any chance the same (or similar) problem exists in the recommended Infitech2 version?
Same no. Similiar yes.

I am currently working on v2.2.1, after I am done with updating mods in my dev instance, and I have resolved as much reported bugs as possible, I will go through the scripts to see if I can find a cause for this. It shouldnt be anything hard since I kinda know what to look for.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack update - v2.2.1
If you have any material blocks from GemBlocksForGreg mod, make sure to turn them back to ingots/gems, since this mod has been removed.

I was recreating gregtech configs, so there might be some recipe issues. Please if you will find any, let me know. Thanks
Forge updated to: 10.13.3.1403

Updated Mods:
- CodeChickenLib to 1.1.3.136
- ForgeMultipart to 1.1.2.334
- MrTJPCore to 1.0.6.13
- AE2 to rv2-stable-1
- AsieLib to 0.4.0
- Automagy to 0.23
- Bdlib to 1.7.2.82
- Bibliocraft to 1.10.4
- BOP to 2.1.0.1283
- Buildcraft to 6.4.15
- CodeChickenCore to 1.0.6.44
- Computronics to 1.5.0
- Enchiridion 2 to 2.0.1
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.381
- EnderZoo to 1.0.11.28
- ExtraCells to 2.2.69b
- ExtraUtilities to 1.2.4c
- Forestry to 3.5.6.15
- Galacticraft to 3.0.12.336
- Gendustry to 1.4.11.85
- GregTech to 5.08.12
- HungerOverhaul to 1.0.0
- IHL to 0.554
- Immibis Core to 59.1.1
- IC2 to 2.2.720
- LogisticsPipes to 2.3.1
- MalisisDoors to 1.7.1
- Minechem to 5.0.5.397
- ModTweaker to 0.8.1
- NEIAddons to 1.12.8.30
- NEIIntegration to 1.0.9
- NEI to 1.0.4.107
- OpenBlocks to 1.4.3-627
- OpenComputers to 1.5.9.21
- OpenModsLib to 0.7.3-357
- PneumaticCraft to 1.6.9-73
- ProjectRed to 4.6.0.79
- Railcraft to 9.6.1.0
- RefinedRelocation to 1.0.8b
- ThaumicEnergistics to 0.8.10.0
- Thaumic Tinkerer to 2.5-493
- ttCore to 0.1.1-76
- Waila Plugins to 0.0.1-15
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.2.1

Added mods:
- GTTweaker

Removed Mods:
- GemBlocksForGreg
- Removed all disabled mods. No longer supporting them.

Config Changes/fixes:
- Fixed fluid dupes with tanks and vats
- Fixed dupes with crafter
- Fixed some plates not being able to craft with hammer + 2 ingots
- Probably fixed some ores not being maceratable
- Reverted back the IC2 cables to not be lossy to fix issue exponential gain of EU power
- Fixed IC2/Galacticraft sealed cables not being craftable
- Fixed Server crash with Oil in Nether
- Fixed Railcraft tanks not updating-rendering liquid
- Moved around a unification of plates (GT vs. RC)
- Completely fixed the issue when steel nuggets were craftable in furnace from time to time.

Kieroshark

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, I'm having an issue with scanning bees.

As far as I can tell the only way to do it is with the GT scanner. The GT scanner recipes however are configured to only use the ExtraCells honey. I can't even put forestry honey or Gregtech honey into the scanner.

Any thoughts?

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, the forum is lagging and I can't add a quote.

Looks like you cannot make storage blocks with Blood Asp's version. They're only included in GT 6.