[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Can anyone answer for me a question about world generation; more specifically taint - why is taint still spawning in my world with the conditional line in the tc configs set to false?
What else is affecting worldgen that is overriding the TC configs?

Also, why are they so damn huge?! (is this a byproduct of the value "biome weight?)
The spawning of Taint biomes is controlled by the parameter about biome weight. Set that to 0 and you won't have taint biomes - and likely no source of taint when you might need it.
The spreading of Taint beyond the biomes generated by worldgen is controlled by the parameter Taintspread, which you can set to 0 to disable the spreading of Taint.

Note: Within Taint biomes, it sometimes appears as if the Taint is spreading when you enter it fist, because it starts out as a few clumps of crusted taint, but in fact it's meant to infect the whole biome space, but it won't spread beyond it if you disabled it through the other parameter. Check the biome name in F3. If it's taint biome and you see untainted areas, those will become tainted soon regardless of how you set the taint spread parameter.

Also, if you update your modpack, the parameters will be reset to their default values.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
If I may ask, exactly how hard is this modpack? I'm unafraid of technical complexity and having to fight my way up the tech tree every step, else I wouldn't consider playing a pack with GT, however, I have very little patience with fighting and having to interrupt my engineer's work every five minutes for the inconvenience of eating, especially past the early game.

Also, if I decide to jump in, should I wait for V3?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
If I may ask, exactly how hard is this modpack? I'm unafraid of technical complexity and having to fight my way up the tech tree every step, else I wouldn't consider playing a pack with GT, however, I have very little patience with fighting and having to interrupt my engineer's work every five minutes for the inconvenience of eating, especially past the early game.

Also, if I decide to jump in, should I wait for V3?
As for difficulty... It is complex when it comes to technical. Mobs are annoying, but when you have build a house (or a hole) you are fine. No nasty creatures are waiting in the dark. Food/hunger is harder (but just a little bit), but nothing again to be affraid of.

As for waiting for v3... its entirely up to you. Keep in mind: I will not support problems caused by transfering worlds from v2 to v3 (quite substantial world changes will happen). But also v3 can take bit longer to be out. I am aiming for end of May, but it can take longer.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
As for difficulty... It is complex when it comes to technical. Mobs are annoying, but when you have build a house (or a hole) you are fine. No nasty creatures are waiting in the dark. Food/hunger is harder (but just a little bit), but nothing again to be affraid of.

As for waiting for v3... its entirely up to you. Keep in mind: I will not support problems caused by transfering worlds from v2 to v3 (quite substantial world changes will happen). But also v3 can take bit longer to be out. I am aiming for end of May, but it can take longer.
I dealt with Hunger Overhaul in Agrarian Skies, and Pam's Harvestcraft adds a lot of efficient food. It's not that it's really that hard rather than a chore I have zero interest in dealing with on a continuing basis. In most of my games I just end up making a healing axe as soon as I have a division sigil and never think about eating again.Unfortunately, Botania isn't in Infitech so I don't have an easy way to get a sigil (easy meaning by building and running machine-like things, which is, for me personally, easier at any level of complexity compared to fighting and exploring dungeons).

The end of May is long? I'd consider it a short wait if v3 is out within a month.

Last edited:

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I dealt with Hunger Overhaul in Agrarian Skies, and Pam's Harvestcraft adds a lot of efficient food. It's not that it's really that hard rather than a chore I have zero interest in dealing with on a continuing basis. In most of my games I just end up making a healing axe as soon as I have a division sigil and never think about eating again.Unfortunately, Botania isn't in Infitech so I don't have an easy way to get a sigil (easy meaning by building and running machine-like things, which is, for me personally, easier at any level of complexity compared to fighting and exploring dungeons).

The end of May is long? I'd consider it a short wait if v3 is out within a month.
I wish hunger, dehydration, hyperthermia and health was a thing of complexity too.

A lot of the food values seem off, i wish all the foods gave different amounts of different nutrients such as fat, NaCl, CHO, proteins etc
So i couldn't live on candy alone.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I wish hunger, dehydration, hyperthermia and health was a thing of complexity too.

A lot of the food values seem off, i wish all the foods gave different amounts of different nutrients such as fat, NaCl, CHO, proteins etc
LOL, do you really want that in your games, too? There's enough of it in RL for anyone.

Reactions: Tsuko

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019

Spice of Life and Enviromine are the mods you're looking for.

Reactions: Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Spice of Life and Enviromine are the mods you're looking for.
I'm not sure if i can or even should attempt to add mods to this mod pack.

I think Spice of life was in this mod pack before, but was removed, i didn't like how it artificially forced you to have different foods, i just want different foods to have different nutrients so you will on your own accord choose to eat many different meals to fulfill all your nutritional needs.

drink water when thirsty, eat food when hungry, wear clothes when cold, take cover in shade when over heated, all these are done withat enviromine i think?

Imagine being able to become obese or underweight in minecraft lol, i think it would be very enjoyable to micromanage this.

Spice of Life was in this modpack before but was removed after being disabled i think, all SoL does is punishing you for eating the same thing with diminishing returns, so you can still live with only candy.. just that you need to eat different kinds of candy.
So its not for me really, i want to learn things playing minecraft and diminishing returns doesn't teach me much, but learning how to get all the nutrients might have real-world benefits and fix the food values being hard-coded and all weird and stuff.

Enviromine i think i saw it when some youtubers was playing, might be worth a try if it can work with this modpack or not, not sure, but i'm more interested just in the nutrients in food.

Think of steve as a machine, this machine need a very specific ratio of nutrients to work properly... NOT, just needs wheat, wheat all day, all night, every time :)

What i would like would be a way to enjoy food in a more fulfilling manner, a dining table, a fork, a knife, a glass of vine, a plate with delicious food that you have worked hard for, lovely music playing in the background... heck this once in a day experience could give you just that!
Experience points!.. just one idea that is a little over the top but maybe you get my drift :)

Also enjoying cooking the food and acquiring the ingredients.. no more inventory clottering.. you actually have a kitchen where you can easily cook food without clottering your inventory and making you run around everywhere for ingredients.. it might just be that my "kitchen" sucks and needs a remake lol.. we do have a furniture mod, maybe i should give it a shot, but i want real benefits for doing things this way, like i said before: experience points could be an appropiate reward.

Also a way to enjoy food more easily on the go (well this is the big point), food just take up too much space, i have like 30 chest blocks just for food and i still don't have enough space for it, my steve is walking around with 4 bags, not enough space for different foods.. i could have a dedicated bag for food though.. those project-red bags isn't compatible with inventory tweaks, making them annoying to move stuff into/out of, i don't like dealing with them, is there better bags with inventory tweak compatibility?

What we need is more equipment slots for steve, that doesn't use the main action bar. too many things fight for control of the action bar, what i would love the most would be a mod that gave us more slots that can be keybinded into any key you want, think an MMO where you only have 9 buttons to press... then look at WoW where you have like 100 buttons (i don't really play wow but i see it very often).

I want to press T to place torch, i want to press X to bring out my weapon i want to press a lot of weird keys for different stuff and i would have a lot more action bar slots for random stuff like different foods, tho optimally food would have a dedicated button and inventory all of it own so it will give you 0 inventory clutter, a mod like this would be GOLD for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprAngles

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Regarding food: I fought against food requirements in this pack tooth and nail. The reason: its supposed to be a hardmode tech pack, not a survival pack or a try-to-cater-to-everyone pack.

There's lots of things we could add to the pack that I think would be really neat for my playstyle but they're sorta outside the original design direction of the pack.

That said: I really do like your ideas for survival packs and I hope something like them get implemented in one, I'd play that :)

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Regarding food: I fought against food requirements in this pack tooth and nail. The reason: its supposed to be a hardmode tech pack, not a survival pack or a try-to-cater-to-everyone pack.
I agree, that's where the main attraction lies. A pack with a theme should concentrate on that and don't make other things too hard.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Spice is masochistic to the extremes, the only pack id ever managed to enjoy with that mod enabled was Crash Landing ...
Pathfinder has also Spice Of Life and I enjoy that as well.

In past I recevied a suggestion about adding Environme to InfiTech. Its true that it would make it more "realistic", so I was considering it, but I decided to strip most of the other mods, because really the aim I want to go is GT/Tech focused pack.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I was going over the modlist in order to see what I may have to learn. I like that some mods that often take up a standard place in people's games are not in Infitech, most notably TiC and TE. I'm looking forward to trying the alternatives. Also, since I suppose it will take a very long time to get to ultra-tech mods that help with crafting like AE2, small mods that help with crafting in the earlier game like Steve's Workshop or SuperCraftingFrame may get some use. I don't suppose there's anything like TE's project table in the pack? With Gregtech's many tools I suppose inventory management will get even more annoying than it normally is.

I notice that Opis is in. Does anyone know how to deactive Mapwriter but leave Opis in? I prefer a different map mod, and I suppose adding one of my preference won't affect the pack's balance.

Also, I've seen a mod in the list which changes the way water works (forgot the name). Is there anything I need to know about that?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, since I suppose it will take a very long time to get to ultra-tech mods that help with crafting like AE2, small mods that help with crafting in the earlier game like Steve's Workshop or SuperCraftingFrame may get some use. I don't suppose there's anything like TE's project table in the pack?
I've found supercraftingframe to be a bit unreliable with some GT recipes, your mileage may vary. Your best friend will likely be forestry workbenches, which store 8 recipes. I have one for LV stuff, one for MV, HV, and various miscellaneous ones until I get to AE.

For inventory management you also have storage mods (Jabba). There's definitely nothing as good as AE until you can reach that.

I notice that Opis is in. Does anyone know how to deactive Mapwriter but leave Opis in? I prefer a different map mod, and I suppose adding one of my preference won't affect the pack's balance.
I don't remember how exactly but I know for a fact you can do this. It may even be deactivated by default (I forget)

Also, I've seen a mod in the list which changes the way water works (forgot the name). Is there anything I need to know about that?
I think IHL does this. Water source blocks fall like sand/gravel, except in weird scenarios where they don't and no flowing water falls down either. This is quickly evident when you're mining and you drill straight up into an ocean and no water falls down. Looks weird. Configurable I believe.

Without going into details, a lot of this stuff is probably subject to change in future versions of the pack.

Reactions: Ieldra

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
For inventory management you also have storage mods (Jabba). There's definitely nothing as good as AE until you can reach that.
LOL. When I imagine managing GregTech's gazillion variants of ores and intermediate products you can't process until you get to the next tech level with JABBA barrels, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. These barrels are good for having lots of the same kind of thing. GregTech has small amounts of many, many different things. At least until you get to automatic mining I guess. As for AE2, that's as it should be.

I think IHL does this. Water source blocks fall like sand/gravel, except in weird scenarios where they don't and no flowing water falls down either. This is quickly evident when you're mining and you drill straight up into an ocean and no water falls down. Looks weird. Configurable I believe.
OK....just tell me that Infitech doesn't have finite water... that would....suck. A lot.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
OK....just tell me that Infitech doesn't have finite water... that would....suck. A lot.

Um. Uh oh :p

You have Railcraft water tanks and ender io reservoirs generating water for you. You can get those tanks on D1 if you're lucky with slimeballs (which, by the way, have a number of sources including IC2 crops)

My *only* gripe against finite water is how ugly it is when you accidentally break a shoreline. I hate that enough that I'll go grab a bucket or filler block and fix it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Um. Uh oh :p
You have Railcraft water tanks and ender io reservoirs generating water for you. You can get those tanks on D1 if you're lucky with slimeballs (which, by the way, have a number of sources including IC2 crops)

My *only* gripe against finite water is how ugly it is when you accidentally break a shoreline. I hate that enough that I'll go grab a bucket or filler block and fix it.
Well, the tanks and the reservoir make water effectively unlimited, even if the standard infinite water source doesn't work (does it?). The thing is, if I take a bucket or ten of water out of a river I shouldn't notice it. If I do, it takes me straight out of the world. it's bad enough with standard water behaviour. If you'd ask me which standard feature of Minecraft to keep and to remove, I'd keep infinite water but remove cobblegen.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, the tanks and the reservoir make water effectively unlimited, even if the standard infinite water source doesn't work (does it?). The thing is, if I take a bucket or ten of water out of a river I shouldn't notice it. If I do, it takes me straight out of the world. it's bad enough with standard water behaviour. If you'd ask me which standard feature of Minecraft to keep and to remove, I'd keep infinite water but remove cobblegen.
100% agree. And if you can make a mod that does that seamlessly and realistically on rivers and oceans and not ponds, I want your mod in the pack please. Cuz if I take 1000 buckets of water out of a pond, I *should* notice it.

Jokes aside: watertank output can be pretty slow, especially in the wrong biome. And reservoirs aren't cheap (lots of quartz required) and you need machines that you won't get in the first few days of playing. And even they don't output a lot of water.

I tried to supply water to a small Big Reactor a few days ago with reservoirs without creating a closed loop. It required, i dunno, 20 of the damn reservoirs to keep the reactor supplied.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019

There's lots of things we could add to the pack that I think would be really neat for my playstyle but they're sorta outside the original design direction of the pack.

That said: I really do like your ideas for survival packs and I hope something like them get implemented in one, I'd play that :)

But if i play on a survival pack, i might get complex food and clothing but no machines. Geeesh, seems there is always a compromise to be made.

Oh well, there is no mod that does what i want probably anyway, weirdly enough, don't people care about food in real life? i think it is a very common hobby with A LOT of complexity in real life. There is a lot that could be learned by tapping into the complexity of food.

Food science is a thing and machines work well with food as with the industrial revolution our food supply went through the roof.

I feel bad for pam's harvestcraft when i'm just eating 1 thing and growing a lot of crops for thaumcraft instaid of eating it but i'm looking forward cooking everything there is and look at what thaumcraft aspects the foods can give, discovering hidden jewels.
thaumcraft gives complexity to the food in this pack and i love it :)