[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Oh well, there is no mod that does what i want probably anyway, weirdly enough, don't people care about food in real life?
I do care - you can't work in healthcare research and not care about food - and I actually like cooking IRL. It's just not something I want in my games. The way I experience my games is ultimately always connected to storytelling, and food is a surplus element in a story unless the story is about food as a main theme.

@Pyure:
Yet again: do standard infinite water sources work in Infitech2? BTW, EnderIO liquid handling is annoyingly slow. I'd never use that for reactors if I can at all avoid it. Semi-closed loops have worked well for me in the past with Big Reactors. Oh, and I notice there's no EnderStorage. That will take some getting used to.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I do care - you can't work in healthcare research and not care about food - and I actually like cooking IRL. It's just not something I want in my games. The way I experience my games is ultimately always connected to storytelling, and food is a surplus element in a story unless the story is about food as a main theme.

@Pyure:
Yet again: do standard infinite water sources work in Infitech2? BTW, EnderIO liquid handling is annoyingly slow. I'd never use that for reactors if I can at all avoid it. Semi-closed loops have worked well for me in the past with Big Reactors.
Hope I not misunderstanding your question here.

Infinite water sources such as the blocks I mentioned above work fine. But placing two buckets of water down and getting millions of buckets back out does not work.

Semiclosed loops with eIO reservoirs work just fine with big reactors here.

Oh, and I notice there's no EnderStorage. That will take some getting used to.
Magical transportation in general is a bit scaled back, although there are still various options. In general though, you'll find a lot of common go-to solutions to problems are absent. Given your playstyle, this usually won't irk you too much in instances where you can engineer a functional (if rube-goldbergy) workaround.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hope I not misunderstanding your question here.
Infinite water sources such as the blocks I mentioned above work fine. But placing two buckets of water down and getting millions of buckets back out does not work.
Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. I am not amused. That undoubtedly means that taking water out of the ocean will leave a hole, which means I'll hate doing it. Well, at least I'll get a sense of achievement when I build a tank. I just have no idea where to get a slimeball on day one.
As for your mod idea - I wonder if it's possible to track the size of a body of water - maybe if it's bigger than 1000 blocks or reaches a certain distance beyond the player - without slowing the game to a crawl.

Magical transportation in general is a bit scaled back, although there are still various options. In general though, you'll find a lot of common go-to solutions to problems are absent. Given your playstyle, this usually won't irk you too much in instances where you can engineer a functional (if rube-goldbergy) workaround.
We'll see. I'm definitely willing to work for it, as long as I can get a reliable system in the end. Which railways, in my experience, increasingly aren't with increasing distance, even if you can solve the problems of chunkloading. Oh, I see there's no ChickenChunks either... well, that I actually find not acceptable. Chunkloading is a technical game problem which shouldn't interfere with world simulation. Or does Dimensional Anchors do the same?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. I am not amused. That undoubtedly means that taking water out of the ocean will leave a hole, which means I'll hate doing it. Well, at least I'll get a sense of achievement when I build a tank. I just have no idea where to get a slimeball on day one.
The eternal argument. Which huge fucking problem is worse, giant holes in the ocean, or giant holes in logic (pulling water out of nowhere). Players do seem to fall into one spectrum or the other.

We're still waiting for a brilliant solution to this, and having magical blocks that provide infinite water definitely isn't a perfect compromise.

We'll see. I'm definitely willing to work for it, as long as I can get a reliable system in the end. Which railways, in my experience, increasingly aren't with increasing distance, even if you can solve the problems of chunkloading.
There's still other ways other than railways. For instance I imagine you can do it with pneumaticcraft. I believe you can program a drone pick up a container and teleport to a specific location and drop it off. You can definitely do it with thaumcraft magic mirrors if you rig a vacuum/hopper system on the other end. (Actually: you can commit a lot of workarounds with TC4 come to think of it.)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
There's still other ways other than railways. For instance I imagine you can do it with pneumaticcraft. I believe you can program a drone pick up a container and teleport to a specific location and drop it off. You can definitely do it with thaumcraft magic mirrors if you rig a vacuum/hopper system on the other end. (Actually: you can commit a lot of workarounds with TC4 come to think of it.)
Actually, I think I might try to use Railcraft for mining. With Gregtech's ore distribution, it might actually be feasible to use the tunnel bore. I've always wanted to use that, but never found it worthwhile. As for Thaumcraft, that, too, might get more early-game use than usual.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Actually, I think I might try to use Railcraft for mining. With Gregtech's ore distribution, it might actually be feasible to use the tunnel bore. I've always wanted to use that, but never found it worthwhile. As for Thaumcraft, that, too, might get more early-game use than usual.
I tried the tunnel bore myself once and couldn't develop a cooperative relationship with it. Then again I think I tried to use it for exploration more than stripping.

I think the big problem with the RC tunnel bore is that the TC arcane version is probably easier to achieve and use. Which is a bit of a shame imo, I'd love to see the RC version be more useful in the early game.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I tried the tunnel bore myself once and couldn't develop a cooperative relationship with it. Then again I think I tried to use it for exploration more than stripping.

I think the big problem with the RC tunnel bore is that the TC arcane version is probably easier to achieve and use. Which is a bit of a shame imo, I'd love to see the RC version be more useful in the early game.
You think so? I've found the arcane bore limited because it doesn't move on its own and it's limited to mining 64 blocks in one direction. Of course it mines up to 11x11 rather than the tunnel bore's 3x3, so that might outweigh the tunnel bore's automotion.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You think so? I've found the arcane bore limited because it doesn't move on its own and it's limited to mining 64 blocks in one direction. Of course it mines up to 11x11 rather than the tunnel bore's 3x3, so that might outweigh the tunnel bore's automotion.
I'm trying to remember, but I think the bore also requires quantities of steel which is a semi-precious gating resource to progress out of the steam age. Also needs tracks which can be a bit annoying to make (particularly the creosote-rail step iirc). It also consumes fuel.

The range on the arcane bore is interesting because that's long enough to cover any GT ore vein I've ever found :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Speaking of mining GT ore veins.

I kinda wish I knew how to make MC videos and share them. I wanna show you guys my cute new mining toy. I've trained a small fleet of pneumaticcraft drones to each grab a pickaxe and go mine out a specified area, while other drones go and pick up all the dropped ores and bring them back to a chest. How fast they work obviously scales with the size of the fleet, but even just 3 miners and 3 collectors can clean out an area faster than anything else I've seen.

Setup is a bit of a pain: I suck at programming drones, so I have to mark two coordinates for the mining/collecting area, a coordinate for the chest, and alter the program to use those coordinates. Then assign those programs to each individual drone and send them off.

Still, its fun to watch :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Speaking of mining GT ore veins.

I kinda wish I knew how to make MC videos and share them. I wanna show you guys my cute new mining toy. I've trained a small fleet of pneumaticcraft drones to each grab a pickaxe and go mine out a specified area, while other drones go and pick up all the dropped ores and bring them back to a chest. How fast they work obviously scales with the size of the fleet, but even just 3 miners and 3 collectors can clean out an area faster than anything else I've seen.

Setup is a bit of a pain: I suck at programming drones, so I have to mark two coordinates for the mining/collecting area, a coordinate for the chest, and alter the program to use those coordinates. Then assign those programs to each individual drone and send them off.

Still, its fun to watch :)
Sounds interesting. I've never used PneumaticCraft for mining. How do you program these drones?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sounds interesting. I've never used PneumaticCraft for mining. How do you program these drones?
You make "puzzle pieces" which are used as a graphical code language.

Below is a simple mining program. As far as things you can do with the language, this is a Hello World app.

upload_2015-5-20_19-4-35.png

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. Having a little trouble here and wondering if anybody can help clear this up.

I run a little server for me and my friend. Up until today, we were running 2.1.4. Finally decided to bite the bullet and update the server. So downloaded 2.2.1.1, both client and server. Backed everything up so I'd have no losses there. Always do a test trial by running my server world as a single player save. Everything fine there as well. Now, when I set up the latest server download.... it would seem all the IDs are borked.

It went from this View attachment 19480

to this
2015-05-21_00.28.31.png

Now i know its probably something I've done but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I've re-added Binnies cause the world had some stuff from it but that's pretty much it. And as I said, I can get it all working in a single player game, something just seems to have messed up with the server. Anybody else have this issue upgrading a server to the latest version? Thanks in advance if anyone can help and a massive thanks to Jason for this mod pack as I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Attachments

• 2015-05-21_00.30.52.png
    2015-05-21_00.30.52.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 74

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys. Having a little trouble here and wondering if anybody can help clear this up.

I run a little server for me and my friend. Up until today, we were running 2.1.4. Finally decided to bite the bullet and update the server. So downloaded 2.2.1.1, both client and server. Backed everything up so I'd have no losses there. Always do a test trial by running my server world as a single player save. Everything fine there as well. Now, when I set up the latest server download.... it would seem all the IDs are borked.

It went from this View attachment 19480

to this View attachment 19483

Now i know its probably something I've done but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I've re-added Binnies cause the world had some stuff from it but that's pretty much it. And as I said, I can get it all working in a single player game, something just seems to have messed up with the server. Anybody else have this issue upgrading a server to the latest version? Thanks in advance if anyone can help and a massive thanks to Jason for this mod pack as I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Never had this problem and never heard of it. IDs are not existant, everything should be saved as itemNames. I was always testing updates on SP and always from latest to latest. Will you be able to provide a FML log from the time the update happened?
1) Load your backup with 2.1.4
2) Update to 2.2.1.1
3) Fully start server
4) Stop the server
5) Grab the latest FML log
6) Pastebin it, or upload it somewhere and give me a link.

Its quite big jump from 2.1.4 to 2.2.1 (8 versions, if I count also the minor launcher hotfix versions).

Reactions: Yeti

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
@Pyure:
That looks fascinating. These drones appear to be quite interesting, style-wise. I never got into turtles because of the dry programming. I can do it, it's part of my RL job after all, but I don't care for it in my games, especially as the development environment is so badly limited, unless I get some added value, aesthetically.

One question: you appear to have a jetpack in your inventory. Which mod provides that?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hmm....from what I read, the IC2 crops breeding system appears to be a giant PITA. Is there an advantage to using it, compared to, say, the plants from Pam's Harvestcraft?

Also, how do you do liquid transport in GregTech? For instance, piping steam from the boilers to the machines using it? Do you have to use pipes from other mods or does GT provide its own system?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@Pyure:
That looks fascinating. These drones appear to be quite interesting, style-wise. I never got into turtles because of the dry programming. I can do it, it's part of my RL job after all, but I don't care for it in my games, especially as the development environment is so badly limited, unless I get some added value, aesthetically.

One question: you appear to have a jetpack in your inventory. Which mod provides that?
That's actually a Advanced Lappack from Gravisuite, but the items are intertwined. You can also make advanced jetpacks. I use the lappack to power my power tools.

In retrospect, I really should have been more careful about that screenshot. Fortunately there's nothing top-secret in there, so @Jason McRay won't ride my ass.

Hmm....from what I read, the IC2 crops breeding system appears to be a giant PITA. Is there an advantage to using it, compared to, say, the plants from Pam's Harvestcraft?
In a lot of ways it really is. You can't speed up the growth of plants except through cross-breeding stats, you can't autoharvest except with IC2/GT machines, and you have to babysit empty cropsticks or they develop weeds. Add to that the fact that the best-known environmental factors for plants are insane (mountaintops in jungles are best for farming you know) and you have a rather odd agriculture system.

That said, the crops themselves are borderline OP. Otherwise I'd talk Jason into disabling ic2 crops completely and importing Agricraft instead, which is cross-mod compatible, highly customizable, has no weeds or weird environment factors, and benefits from standard plant-growth enhancers (bonemeals, sprinklers, etc)

The advantage over pam's: I don't recall that pam's has any resource-crops does it? You can get most cool resources from IC2 crops (diamonds, ghast tears, blaze sticks...tons of stuff. Even oil.) They're like weaksauce bees.

Also, how do you do liquid transport in GregTech? For instance, piping steam from the boilers to the machines using it? Do you have to use pipes from other mods or does GT provide its own system?
GT provides its own pipes. They're actually fairly decent in terms of throughput but they have idiosyncrasies (water sloshes through pipes a bit more realistically than people like). At entry level you can make wooden pipes almost on day 1, although these pipes will not transfer gasses or hot liquids safely.

To transfer steam you'd probably use bronze pipes. With the warning that GT pipes are relatively expensive in resources compared to, say, BC. eIO pipes are so utterly convenient that they've got minetweaked recipes in this pack to push them back in the techtree a bit.

edit: I just happened to read on the agricraft thread that weeds are a thing, presumably configurable. Edited.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The advantage over pam's: I don't recall that pam's has any resource-crops does it? You can get most cool resources from IC2 crops (diamonds, ghast tears, blaze sticks...tons of stuff. Even oil.) They're like weaksauce bees.
No, Pam's doesn't have any resource crops. In the case of bees, however, there's Gendustry to get over the original mechanics. I once did the original Forestry bee breeding up to Imperial / Industrious because I thought I should know what I'd be circumventing. Well, I know now, and I don't want to do that ever again. Give me GT stone picks and send me mining for a real-world weekend, that's less painful than spending the same time with original Forestry bee-breeding. I don't know if this pack changes Gendustry's recipes, but no matter how they're changed, very likely it's still totally worth it. Things being work-intense and extremely slow, that's ok if the outcome is reliable. Random outcomes lead only to frustration and cheating.

GT provides its own pipes. They're actually fairly decent in terms of throughput but they have idiosyncrasies (water sloshes through pipes a bit more realistically than people like). At entry level you can make wooden pipes almost on day 1, although these pipes will not transfer gasses or hot liquids safely.

To transfer steam you'd probably use bronze pipes. With the warning that GT pipes are relatively expensive in resources compared to, say, BC. eIO pipes are so utterly convenient that they've got minetweaked recipes in this pack to push them back in the techtree a bit.
The original EnderIO pipes require ender pearls and nether quartz. If this was changed to require steel instead, I'd actually be happy since what I had to do to get them would be pleasant... I guess it'd require steel in addition to the original resources though, which would make it, in my personal estimation, just as annoying as the original recipe ;)

Reactions: Pyure

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Never had this problem and never heard of it. IDs are not existant, everything should be saved as itemNames. I was always testing updates on SP and always from latest to latest. Will you be able to provide a FML log from the time the update happened?
1) Load your backup with 2.1.4
2) Update to 2.2.1.1
3) Fully start server
4) Stop the server
5) Grab the latest FML log
6) Pastebin it, or upload it somewhere and give me a link.

Its quite big jump from 2.1.4 to 2.2.1 (8 versions, if I count also the minor launcher hotfix versions).

Just to let you know, got it sorted. Was completely a problem my end!
Turns out Java was screwed on my test machine and was messing up my server when I first checked it. After a clean install of the latest Java, it sorted itself right out. Knew it was gonna be something simple and totally my fault, that's what I get for trying to update half asleep.
Thanks all the same. And again, cheers for the work on this pack. It's been one of my favourites to date.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Just to let you know, got it sorted. Was completely a problem my end!
Turns out Java was screwed on my test machine and was messing up my server when I first checked it. After a clean install of the latest Java, it sorted itself right out. Knew it was gonna be something simple and totally my fault, that's what I get for trying to update half asleep.
Thanks all the same. And again, cheers for the work on this pack. It's been one of my favourites to date.
Awesome, I am glad that you resolved that. Never ever update stuff when you are tired and sleepy.... it can and almost always ends up badly (speaking from my own experience, when I was working on InfiTech half-sleep :D )

Reactions: Yeti