[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Mirrors allow you this too.
Wich other alternitives are there that cost energy? That is not AE
I was a bit surprised we were allowed to keep mirrors but at the end of the day that requires you to get into the TC4 chain, and that was kind of the point of TC in this pack: to give you workarounds.

I dunno if any alternatives for long-distance transport off the top of my head, other than galacticraft cargo rockets (which I dunno how to use)

There are options for medium-range item transport, such as drones, robots, item cannons.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Golems questions guys:
1) what type of golem is appropriate for farming? (thaumium, straw, etc)
2) can I really use golems to empty alembics into jars? What's their range to do this?
3) can I use golems to fill a alchemical construct with any essentias it needs?

QuiOui

Jul 29, 2019
You'll probably want the fastest ones for the harvest golem, so straw. For the gathering of the drops themselves it might depend on your field layout. If it's a large field full of the same thing a stronger golem might be faster since it can carry more at once, but if lots of random things are dropped a faster golem that doesn't carry much at a time could be better.

Yea you can empty alembics into jars/machines and their range is quite far since they look at a row of jars. The range of the golems appears to be 16 or 17 blocks. It doesn't seem like they can empty directly into a construct, but you could put a reservoir or a few jars and empty into there.

Reactions: Pyure

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what youre harvesting, @Pyure ive noticed a marked difference between the harvesting speed of say, a thaumium golem versus a clay one.
While the clay one may move drastically faster, the thaumium one seems to have greater cutting speed.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You'll probably want the fastest ones for the harvest golem, so straw. For the gathering of the drops themselves it might depend on your field layout. If it's a large field full of the same thing a stronger golem might be faster since it can carry more at once, but if lots of random things are dropped a faster golem that doesn't carry much at a time could be better.

Yea you can empty alembics into jars/machines and their range is quite far since they look at a row of jars. The range of the golems appears to be 16 or 17 blocks. It doesn't seem like they can empty directly into a construct, but you could put a reservoir or a few jars and empty into there.
Depends on what youre harvesting, @Pyure ive noticed a marked difference between the harvesting speed of say, a thaumium golem versus a clay one.
While the clay one may move drastically faster, the thaumium one seems to have greater cutting speed.
Thanks guys. At the end of the day, I wanted a candleberry farm, so I'm just harvesting two things (berries and seeds). Wooden golems seem to keep up just fine.

This should make my steel production go more smoothly.

2015-04-26_23.02.19.jpg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oh since I'm posting screenshots and I'm actually getting somewhere with TC4 for the first time in my life:

My infusion altar works just fine now that i've made my candle-array even bigger:
2015-04-26_23.05.57.jpg

Underneath the altar is the candle array and some golem plebes keeping my jars stocked. I haven't figured out the best way to do the jar-arrangement properly yet. The golems don't seem to mind this stair-arrangement so long as I use the golemancer's bell on each individual row.

In the background you can see an alchemical construct thingy. I manually grab jars as needed and plonk them at the construct when I'm doing my alchemy. There's probably a better way to do that too but whatevs. Those jars are actually sorted alphabetically if anyone cares :p

I actually have an alchemical factory under this with 6 more constructs and tons of jars for mass-production alchemy (steel, alumentum, etc)

2015-04-26_23.06.12.jpg

Reactions: Dentvar

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
You can remove the alchemy golems from essentia distillation process if you really want to, but you need to understand how suction works in Thaumcraft. It's possible to loop essentia output from a furnace through an array of buffers and then have it find the correct labeled jar. I like to set them up in a big circle (square technically) and then use an essentia locus and aggregator from automagy. The Locus can keep track of the contents of all your jars, and the aggregator will get around the magic mirror range limitation - so long as the locus can see the jar, then the aggregator can pull the essentia through a mirror located next to it.

It's too bad this modpack doesn't have witching gadgets installed because the essentia pump from that mod is super handy - lets you attach a pump to your alchemical construct, then draw essentia through a magic mirror to it :D

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys. At the end of the day, I wanted a candleberry farm, so I'm just harvesting two things (berries and seeds). Wooden golems seem to keep up just fine.

View attachment 18408

How does this help your Steel production? I wan´t to have this too then :=)

I assume it is the metal dublication of Thaumcraft?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How does this help your Steel production? I wan´t to have this too then :=)
Not quite the transmutation, Greg also added a way of turning an iron nugget into a steel for one ordo and candleberries have one ordo. Therefore 1 berry + 1 iron nugget = 1 steel nugget. The duplication/transmutation is similar but different.

Also because some might have missed it, Gregtech 5 was adopted by another modder with the permission of Greg. No idea how much they'll do but so far they've released one update which notably adds endgame power gen, three tiers of fusion reactors, plasma generators, and magic energy generators. Find it here.

A suggestion for Jason or whoever else may help make the pack as well, readd the Harvestcraft salt recipe but make it produce Project Zulu salt. This is asked because a lot of harvestcraft foods use salt so having access to a renewable supply of salt as normal would be very nice, the reason it was removed is also void as Project Zulu salt is only usable in food and not anything else so it can't be centrifuged to get sodium or anything, it's just usable in food.

Reactions: Pyure and Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I just finished my EBF (YHEAA!!) now I´m try to power it…
Since I do not have much oxygen by now I wanted to try it with Silicon Dust.
So I would need 120 EU/t.
What I did to power the 3 LV Energy hatches is attaching a 8x Tin Cable to them and 2 MVà LV Transformers to this cables.
Behind this Transformers there is a CESU for each Transformer.
This should work right?

The CESU´s are filled up slowly by 5 Basic Steam Turbines (5x32EU)160 so there should be more than enough energy to keep up production right?
Is there a way to see how steady a Turbines produces EU? I’m not sure if my steam supply conduit is fast enough.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not quite the transmutation, Greg also added a way of turning an iron nugget into a steel for one ordo and candleberries have one ordo. Therefore 1 berry + 1 iron nugget = 1 steel nugget. The duplication/transmutation is similar but different.
That's the one. Its also ridiculously fast compared to bronze blast furnaces and most other GT steel sources. An upgraded EBF or arc furnace can probably do better. (I seem to recall there was a wrought-iron->steel recipe for the arc furnace, I could be wrong)

Also because some might have missed it, Gregtech 5 was adopted by another modder with the permission of Greg. No idea how much they'll do but so far they've released one update which notably adds endgame power gen, three tiers of fusion reactors, plasma generators, and magic energy generators. Find it here.
Its surprisingly stable. I've been using it for more than a week now. There were some recipes missing for a while but I think they're fixed now.

I'm really excited about this port :)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
That's the one. Its also ridiculously fast compared to bronze blast furnaces and most other GT steel sources. An upgraded EBF or arc furnace can probably do better. (I seem to recall there was a wrought-iron->steel recipe for the arc furnace, I could be wrong)

Its surprisingly stable. I've been using it for more than a week now. There were some recipes missing for a while but I think they're fixed now.

I'm really excited about this port :)

Anything I should know if I add this? I'm still very early electric so obviously I won't be doing much with it. :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Blood Asp's port you mean? Not really. I've had nothing but good experience with it.

The world sometimes seems to render a bit more slowly when I initially enter the game but I can't really reproduce it reliably. Other than that its been awesome.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Blood Asp's port you mean? Not really. I've had nothing but good experience with it.

The world sometimes seems to render a bit more slowly when I initially enter the game but I can't really reproduce it reliably. Other than that its been awesome.

Hmm...maybe I'll try it later.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019

View attachment 18408

Yeah, if youre going for a "Farm" farm, then nothing bigger than clay is really necessary - though, i found that a clay gather golem couldnt keep up with anything that involved lumber, that and somehow a server backup duped my lumberjack golem ... so i made a thaumium gather golem :p

You can elect to spend more oxygen to turn iron into wrought iron via the arc furnace, this simply reduces the cost of EU from the EBF to convert to steel, it does not however, remove the oxygen cost of making the steel with the EBF.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
You can elect to spend more oxygen to turn iron into wrought iron via the arc furnace, this simply reduces the cost of EU from the EBF to convert to steel, it does not however, remove the oxygen cost of making the steel with the EBF.
Makes sense. I tend to run out of oxygen all the time anyway and I can't be bothered to extract it from air (I think you can do that anyway)

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense. I tend to run out of oxygen all the time anyway and I can't be bothered to extract it from air (I think you can do that anyway)
Miguk was using a cobblestone generator to make flint > Macerate to dust > Electrolyze to silicon and o2, id been thinking about using it this playthrough because my most common method was black granite dust (very handy in early game when you cant afford to build a diamond grinder for a cobble generator)
I believe the same effect can be yielded by macerating/grinding cobble to sand (depends, weird recipe on the version i was using back then) electrolyze it down to Si+02.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Is there any kind of block placer/destroyer available here? Other then AE2 anyway to minimize cost, because if so if you were feeling creative you could probably make something with chisel's smashing rock as it breaks down along the normal path of stone->cobble->gravel->sand around wherever it hits. Assuming you can filter annihilation planes to only destroy sand you could probably do it fairly well with that, just need an autocrafter, a way of turning sand to glass bottles, and a small supply of wood for sticks. It could work quite well, might try it actually and see if it's effective.

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!
I've got a problem with this pack.
Performance is very bad, and by very I mean insanely. For example, it takes at least 15 seconds to search through nei for an item, and almost a minute to open Steve's workshop with four crafting tables.
But my PC (laptop actually) is not a tin can: i7, 16gb ram and raid0 with fast HDDs. Is this some error on my side? Or is this something I should expect? If this matters, I run Linux.

MadTinkerer

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!
I've got a problem with this pack.
Performance is very bad, and by very I mean insanely. For example, it takes at least 15 seconds to search through nei for an item, and almost a minute to open Steve's workshop with four crafting tables.
But my PC (laptop actually) is not a tin can: i7, 16gb ram and raid0 with fast HDDs. Is this some error on my side? Or is this something I should expect? If this matters, I run Linux.

Whenever my game suddenly goes loopy like this, usually the first thing I do is install Opis and then check the entities tab to see if I have a farm of some type that is spewing entities all over the map. In 90% of the cases I've seen that's the problem.

Other than that, you might be looking at a mod specific bug, which may be a lot harder to track down.