[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
i am not sure if you are able to change configs in that way but at least mentionable in the description:
in case of using biomes o plenty manaforest-/ taintbiome-weight should be increased. default is 2 which has to compete with like 90+ biomes...
nasty thing 'cause your thaumcraft will get stuck at finding a silverwood tree for essentia destillation. explored 1500 blocks in all direction: 2 chunk wide manaforest, not even a single silverwood all around

can also recommend OpenBlocks. eventhou there are only snapshots as you mentioned somewhere, i can confirm it is stable
some things might need a change in recipe like the block breaker but at least the ropeladder and the glider are pretty handy in the beginning

**actually weight number are: manaforest {5},taintbiome {2}**

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda got bored of DW20 pack and I decided to give this one a try. Should I play with optional mods (CustomOreGen and PFAA) ? I read some info about those mods on official minecraft forums, but I wonder how exactly do they affect gameplay in this pack ? Do they make things harder/more interesting/etc. I'm a GT noob, btw.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda got bored of DW20 pack and I decided to give this one a try. Should I play with optional mods (CustomOreGen and PFAA) ? I read some info about those mods on official minecraft forums, but I wonder how exactly do they affect gameplay in this pack ? Do they make things harder/more interesting/etc. I'm a GT noob, btw.

My 2 cents - I don't recommend PFAA for this pack. I've used PFAA before and it's a very interesting oregen, but this pack works much better with GT 5 oregen. PFAA uses (requires) CustomOreGen, so there are really only 2 options:

1. Use pack as-is and use GT 5 orgen
2. Enable CustomerOreGen and PFAA and use that instead

I recommend option 1.

However, if you're a GT noob, be prepared for some very long and frustrating "dry spells". And, be prepared to explore a *lot* and use the GT 5 pink book that explains oregen. Make one of those ASAP. It's in NEI. I forget what it's called, but "book", "ore", or GregTech should show it, and it's bright pink, so it's hard to miss ;-)

You will go days or weeks, starving for the ore/veins you want, find tons of ores/veins you can't use yet. Eventually you *will* find the ore vein you need, and then be drowning in that ore for weeks. The ore veins in GT 5 are enormous, but some are very rare (spaced far apart and hard to find).

And, NEI is your friend. Always check NEI for the materials, machines, and voltage it takes to build something. I can't stress the voltage requirements enough. For many things, you will need to build a higher tier of GT machine than your current technology can support. Part of the fun, IMHO, of GT and GT 5 especially is figuring out "the path". There are web resources and video that show you "the path", but finding it yourself is the most fun, IMHO.

Oh, and don't be ashamed to cheat-in duct tape for the EBF. It's super-frustrating to get it to work legitimately. The EBF didn't used to be like that. That's a recent nerf/FUBAR.

Reactions: Grove

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
The EBF works fine for me and I don't have duct tape yet. I thought it just used 10% more power (or 90% efficient, so 11.111...% more power, can't remember and it doesn't matter really). LV was a bit of a pain since I needed four energy hatches and four 4x battery buffers with two batteries in each, but with MV, one hatch using up three batteries is plenty for all 120 EU/t recipes.

seanbrockest

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on downloading and installing this right now, so i might have my answer before anyone see's this, but....

in one of the lets plays on the OP post, he says there's a mod called "Genetics". but it's not in the spoiler mod list.

Which mod is this?

EDIT: Also, i notice that you do not include a server.properties in the server download. But this pack uses BIOMSOP, so that needs to be set, which means running the server to generate a server.properties, then deleting that world, editing the properties file, and running it again to generate a new world.

If i could offer a suggestion, please include a server.properties in your download? Thanks
(Unless something has changed, in which case i'm sorry)

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on downloading and installing this right now, so i might have my answer before anyone see's this, but....

in one of the lets plays on the OP post, he says there's a mod called "Genetics". but it's not in the spoiler mod list.

Which mod is this?

EDIT: Also, i notice that you do not include a server.properties in the server download. But this pack uses BIOMSOP, so that needs to be set, which means running the server to generate a server.properties, then deleting that world, editing the properties file, and running it again to generate a new world.

If i could offer a suggestion, please include a server.properties in your download? Thanks
(Unless something has changed, in which case i'm sorry)
Genetics is part of Binnie's Mods, and that is disabled in the pack by default, due to... well... poor coding of the mod.
Not everyone likes playing with BoP. What I can do, is include the server.properties in the default so ppl will be able to edit it in advance.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@seanbrockest

Re: Genetics

Binnie's Mods
As @Jason McRay said, it's part of Binnie's Mods. It's a beautiful mod, but it's basically in 'alpha' stage right now and will remain there for an undetermined amount of time. It has compatibility issues with GregTech (super-slow loading - you can follow the issue here) and the EU machine recipes don't work - you can only craft MJ versions. And, most importantly, you can't use Binnie's as-is with the recent Buildcraft that MJ removed. Binnie's is still using the MJ API and is relying upon BC to incude it. BC doesn't anymore, so Binnie's will crash upon startup.

Binnie is a student and is focusing on school right now. Not sure when he will pick it back up.

Workaround is to use include MJ API into the Binnie's .jar file. Hat tip : @Gamejet. Please refer to his post here that includes a link to download a modified version of Binnie's .jar that has the MJ API included.

Gendustry
In the meantime, bee and tree breeding has been replaced with Gendustry, though heavily tweaked. The Gendustry recipes are (much) more expensive and I believe you (still) need to get to Imperial the old-fashioned way before you can start mutating species and traits using Gendustry. There are also custom replacements for the critical bees that are/were in ExtraBees (Binnie's), but not in MagicBees, and some GT-specific bees have been included as well.

Recommendation
My recommendation : use the pack as-is sans Binnie's. @Jason McRay seems to be a big fan of bees and trees and he's done a wonderful job adapting Gendustry to this pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
My 2 cents - I don't recommend PFAA for this pack. I've used PFAA before and it's a very interesting oregen, but this pack works much better with GT 5 oregen. PFAA uses (requires) CustomOreGen, so there are really only 2 options:

1. Use pack as-is and use GT 5 orgen
2. Enable CustomerOreGen and PFAA and use that instead

I recommend option 1.

However, if you're a GT noob, be prepared for some very long and frustrating "dry spells". And, be prepared to explore a *lot* and use the GT 5 pink book that explains oregen. Make one of those ASAP. It's in NEI. I forget what it's called, but "book", "ore", or GregTech should show it, and it's bright pink, so it's hard to miss ;-)

You will go days or weeks, starving for the ore/veins you want, find tons of ores/veins you can't use yet. Eventually you *will* find the ore vein you need, and then be drowning in that ore for weeks. The ore veins in GT 5 are enormous, but some are very rare (spaced far apart and hard to find).

And, NEI is your friend. Always check NEI for the materials, machines, and voltage it takes to build something. I can't stress the voltage requirements enough. For many things, you will need to build a higher tier of GT machine than your current technology can support. Part of the fun, IMHO, of GT and GT 5 especially is figuring out "the path". There are web resources and video that show you "the path", but finding it yourself is the most fun, IMHO.

Oh, and don't be ashamed to cheat-in duct tape for the EBF. It's super-frustrating to get it to work legitimately. The EBF didn't used to be like that. That's a recent nerf/FUBAR.

Thanks for your reply :) I created new world yesterday (no PFAA or CustomOreGen) and I'm really enjoying playing this pack so far.

After 3 or 4 hours I found a mixed vein of ores (chalcopyrite and pyrite) that provide me copper and iron ingots, so I can create better tools. I've got problems finding reliable source of tin, though. I did some exploring and found extreme hills biome ~1000 blocks from my 'base' but there's no sign of cassiterite in that area. Is there any other early-game source of tin available ? I saw some 'tin ore' blocks in NEI, but GT book doesn't mention them at all, so I guess it isn't part of the worldgen.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply :) I created new world yesterday (no PFAA or CustomOreGen) and I'm really enjoying playing this pack so far.

After 3 or 4 hours I found a mixed vein of ores (chalcopyrite and pyrite) that provide me copper and iron ingots, so I can create better tools. I've got problems finding reliable source of tin, though. I did some exploring and found extreme hills biome ~1000 blocks from my 'base' but there's no sign of cassiterite in that area. Is there any other early-game source of tin available ? I saw some 'tin ore' blocks in NEI, but GT book doesn't mention them at all, so I guess it isn't part of the worldgen.

Ah, good ! Very glad you're enjoying the pack so far and your experience is common. It's what most people seem to experience in a new world.

Tin used to be found only from Y=80 and up, which made it hard to find early-game. It's now found as low as 40, I believe, which makes it much easier to find. What I recommend is digging 2x1 exploratory vertical "shafts" down to Y=40 or at least Y=45 or so in an easy (flat) biome. The reason is so you can quickly drill as many holes as possible to cover the most area.

For instance, find a desert, plains, wasteland, savannah, etc.,. relatively flat biome and dig and then pick down to Y=45. You can go further down if you like - you'll need to find a Redstone vein and a Diamond vein soon after. If you don't find Tin, jump-place-block (elevate) yourself back up to the surface, move about 3 chunks (48 blocks) in any another direction, and repeat. Do this in a grid pattern with 3-chunk spacing between each hole.

Also note that Casserterite and Tin are very hard to see. It looks mostly like plain stone, with a very subtle white coloring for the ore. Not easy to spot for sure.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, good ! Very glad you're enjoying the pack so far and your experience is common. It's what most people seem to experience in a new world.

Tin used to be found only from Y=80 and up, which made it hard to find early-game. It's now found as low as 40, I believe, which makes it much easier to find. What I recommend is digging 2x1 exploratory vertical "shafts" down to Y=40 or at least Y=45 or so in an easy (flat) biome. The reason is so you can quickly drill as many holes as possible to cover the most area.

For instance, find a desert, plains, wasteland, savannah, etc.,. relatively flat biome and dig and then pick down to Y=45. You can go further down if you like - you'll need to find a Redstone vein and a Diamond vein soon after. If you don't find Tin, jump-place-block (elevate) yourself back up to the surface, move about 3 chunks (48 blocks) in any another direction, and repeat. Do this in a grid pattern with 3-chunk spacing between each hole.

Also note that Casserterite and Tin are very hard to see. It looks mostly like plain stone, with a very subtle white coloring for the ore. Not easy to spot for sure.

I'm using soartex texture pack from the beginning of this world, so it shouldn't be hard to spot ores. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that Y levels were changed. Time to do some hole digging :)

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using soartex texture pack from the beginning of this world, so it shouldn't be hard to spot ores. Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that Y levels were changed. Time to do some hole digging :)

If my understanding of how GT ores work, that won't help. I.e., I believe the ore texture is procedurally generated.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The alternate textures make the ores a bit more visible, but the color stays the same. So Tin/Casserite veins are still grey on grey and bad to see.

danieledward

Jul 29, 2019
I use John's and the tin ores are very visible. Like, I can see them on the side of a mountain 100 blocks away.

Last edited:

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
If my understanding of how GT ores work, that won't help. I.e., I believe the ore texture is procedurally generated.
I use this texture pack, it helps loads when looking for tin and ores, much easier to spot as well as giving a better look to everything overall IMHO

Sent from my iPhone

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Known Issue:
- Do not use Dynamism tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer. They will cause rendering client crash when they are in the world. Fix should be in v2.0.3 of the pack

Ahh good. Hopefully that will fix the issue were having too, the person who reported it can't log in and it's a lot of work to edit the world the re-upload it, not to mention the downtime of the server.

Sent from my iPhone

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh good. Hopefully that will fix the issue were having too, the person who reported it can't log in and it's a lot of work to edit the world the re-upload it, not to mention the downtime of the server.

Sent from my iPhone
https://github.com/JasonMcRay/InfiTech-1.7/blob/master/config/forge.cfg#L20
1) Set to true
2) Restart the server
3) Block everyone except the one who is crashing
4) Stop the server
5) Set it back to false.
6) Open the server back up
7) ???
8) Profit!

Step 3 is important. Because what that config will do when set to true: Will instantly remove ANY block which will throw an error.
Its the most simplest way to do it. Works 90% of time and you can do it without copying and fixing the world with MCEdit :)